The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-And we're home! The Return of F! 10/16

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by franandaj, Mar 19, 2017.

1. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Yeah! What gives, lady????

(Of course you know I'm kidding.)

That's why we're here. Share away. :)

Oh, dear....

I've read it all of course, so I know what happened.

:hug:

That couldn't have been fun.

Hmmm...
    What do you mean by that?
    Is he one of those "Why do you like going to Disney? Isn't that for kids?" types? Or is he more "I don't like their business practices" or.... ?

I am familiar with that.

Folks? Lemme tell ya. I was a. very impressed with the speed and ability Alison has to load and unload not one, but two scooters.
    And b. I was slightly aghast at the amount of work involved and felt badly that I couldn't help but (I think) wise enough to stay the heck out of the way and not interfere with someone who obviously knows exactly what she's doing.

I get that. I would be too.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure that's a step in the right direction.... but maybe it is. Hmmm....

Ohhhh..... craaaaaap.

It did? I don't think you wrote that, did you?

:goodvibes
    I'd love to hear you guys play some day.

For some reason, my mind went immediately to "Jingle Bells", except it was "scraping bells"....

I need more sleep.

Holy crap!

That sounds reminiscent of a clown car.

Nice of her. :)
    Did you get it fixed?

Now that looks very familiar. Well, the sky part, I mean.

I had no idea it was that close!
    I have heard of the homes destroyed. Just this morning, on our local news they mentioned an elderly couple who perished.

Terrible.

Yep. Very familiar.

2. jedijill

jedijill Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I saw a picture of my favorite band in there! You had a fun summer!

Your plans for F&W look great! Wish I was going to be there with you! 2 more sleeps until my trip to the Dark Side and Cuba!

Jill in CO

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed!

What's going in the suitcase?

The last time I ordered groceries they were hours after the time I asked. I had planned for it to be right when we got to the hotel so I didn't have to buy soda and they still hadn't gotten there until several hours after we gave up and went to the park. Sad thing is you pre-tip them so I couldn't do anything... Except never use them again.

Gracious!!!! That's ridiculous. Are they giving out too many FPs? Maybe the entire hour of people came at once.

That's definitely going to be a tiring day.

no no, please enjoy yourself! I can't be out too late anyway so probably should not try to get there this evening.

Let's definitely do DHS. What FPs do you have? I can try to get the same.

excellent, it's in the calendar. :)

I didn't know they were going to be there too! How did I miss this????? I'd love to meet them :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading about your random June trips. Pinocchio and Gipetto are too cute! We had to watch that movie when we got home, as well as Toad's movie since the rides were a bit lost on mom even though she enjoyed them. It had been a while since I saw them as well so it was good.

20 minute wait for Guardians, too cool.

I'm glad you scored a Flight of Passage FP. I just rode that last weekend for the first time and it's gorgeous.

I had to read the Cast Miners entrance three times, my brain kept reading 'members'. Great detail.

That special dessert looks impressive. What's the white stuff in the cup? Ice cream?

You both look great dressed up for the swanky night :)

The band looked like great fun.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  6. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

:cool1: I don't know how I missed you'd be there too. This is perfect :)

Flossbolna likes this.
  7. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

I like to keep a low profile about my upcoming trips... :rolleyes1

8. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

That sounded like a bit of a nightmare with the scooter and the lift on the day you had your concert. I am glad that Fran managed to fix the scooter and that the lift could be secured enough to get you home.

The plans for the upcoming trip look great.

The visits to Disneyland all look wonderful. I do miss this place so much. Hopefully I will be back for a short visit next year.

Corinna

9. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Ahhhh, I was thinking I missed an announcement.

Flossbolna likes this.
  10. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I've got a bad feeling about this...

But I can tell you right now, that cat is a better driver than at least 10% of the people in the parks who drive a scooter!

Makes sense. I have a co-worker who's grandmother went on a trip to Arizona a few years ago with her significant other. She had a scooter on a lift like that. All she knows is that the scooter disappeared somewhere in Arkansas, never to be seen again.

That's some dedication to the arts!

I just can't even imagine. Wow. Mad skills.

Yeah, I've seen some of that. Scary stuff. I didn't know how close the actual fires were. Most of what I'd been hearing about, I thought it was more northern California. I hope you see some rain soon!

Because you can.

Quite a hike for a non ride.

::yes:: As you always seem to do.

Doesn't look too bad. At least from your vantage point. I can't imagine how it looked from the back of the line.

Yes! I knew we'd see some John McClane stuff in one of these TRs eventually!

Well, unlike this supposed exploding helicopter, at least you have photographic evidence of this one. :rolleyes1

11. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

I can't believe we miss you by two days! :crazy2: Maybe we'll see @Dis_Yoda though!

Dis_Yoda likes this.
  12. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

But the cat looks so comfortable there.

Seems reasonable.

D'oh!

:scared1:

Hey, cool! Imagineering at work!

Gee, you think? :rotfl2::rotfl:

Yeah, that...would not be good.

That looks awful. Seems like every year there are so many wildfires in California. I'm starting to be surprised there are still parts that haven't burned up yet!

Yuck! Stay safe, and I hope you guys get some rain to deal with this soon (preferably not the kind that brings mudslides, though).

You'll have to fill a lot of time. Good luck finding stuff to do at Disney World. :rotfl:

::yes:: Sounds awesome!

Well...I guess bacon does make everything better.

:faint:

Does it also clean your teeth and protect you from cancer for 6 months?

Very spiffy!

I know exactly what you mean.

Yes, in fact now I'm more excited to read!

Yeah, it all seems...off.

Because it is!

Well, I don't see any exploding helicopters. But at least we had sparks from the lift malfunction.

13. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Got it! Texts are always better for me as I don't have Messenger on my phone and only can read the messages when I'm on my computer.

NYC would be so much fun to be able to do that, but Disney isn't bad either.

The ones in Northern California have caused much more devastation, but all of them are awful. So much loss.

We have a cruise the last week in August and will be staying a few nights at WDW to ease the pain of getting off the ship, but it's Labor Day weekend so the crowds may be awful.

Missouri or Kansas? I'll be in Kansas City Missouri over Labor Day weekend next year.

Bummer!

I wonder why they canceled it? Hopefully once Star Wars Land opens all the crowds will be there and the line at Guardians will go down.

14. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

Cute kitties!

Pics with your parents are adorable!

Holy you-know-what about the scooter lift and fires!

Love your formal pic!

15. franandaj

Of course, otherwise I'd be back at you even harder! :)

I figured you guys would listen...

No it wasn't. And I had no idea how we were going to rig up the lift to get home. Leonard is a genius!

No, he doesn't get like that. He accepts our Disney addiction, but like this past season we played "When you Wish Upon a Star", "Raider's March" and Fran and I suggested that we do "Under the Sea" as an encore. The theme of the concert was Vintage Pops and we played Tara's Theme from Gone with the Wind, a medley from The Godfather Trilogy, Theme from Exodus, Theme from Magnificent Seven, a medley called "That's Entertainment", there were more but I can't remember them offhand. Anyways, we just brought Under the Sea to rehearsal (without asking first) and he rolled his eyes, "More Disney?"

We convinced him to let the band read it and see what he thought. When the band finished playing, he asked, "Do you guys really like this and want to play it?" and just about the entire band yelled back, "Yes."

When Frozen came out and Fran and I insisted that it would be a hit to play a Medley at our concerts, he kept coming up with parodies and posting them to the band Facebook page. "Do you want to hide a body?" I don't remember any others, but there were a ton. If you could get past his distaste for Disney, I have a feeling you and he would get along well. He does have a very morbid and dark sense of humor.

Yes you did witness the unloading process.

That's funny that you say that it is a lot of work. I am always telling people how easy it is to load and unload and that it's so compact you can fit the scooter in the trunk of a sedan!

When we were in Denver, @jedijill became quite adept at ut

Well, they were a little bit overboard in the years right after it happened. I think they have achieved a balance now.

I might have said something a tad bit more harsh... :rolleyes1

Huh?

You're missing your chance by four days. :rolleyes1

Definitely because there were no bells involved.

:lmao:

No we put it on Craigslist as "FREE Metal for Recycling". We have another one in the garage at the old house.

Seen your share of fires.

Actually you're thinking about the Northern California Wine Country fires. They started about the same time as the ones down here. I didn't find out about them until that evening until I watched the evening news. There was no loss of life in the fire down here, only property. I heard that the death count is up to 35 up there, as of this morning. One story said that they were identifying bodies with serial numbers of medical devices. Just awful.

Sorry.

Ha! That was just June! There's lots more to come!

I hope you're having a blast!

Still nothing.

Spaghetti
    Sauce
    Peanut Butter
    Mayo
    Coffee
    Cereal

Was it Garden Grocer? The last time I used them, they left out a head of lettuce from my order. Hard to make salad without it.

Yeah. I have no idea.

It always is.

If you come Thursday, you can rest for Friday.

I posted them above, but they are:

9:50 RnRC
    10:55 ToT
    12:00 Star Tours

:thumbsup2

Hopefully Thursday!

I don't think I've ever seen Toad's movie.

Yeah, but by the time I got off it was up to 70 minutes and it was still EMH.

We still have to see Avatar.

It was cute.

It was some sort of orange Ice Cream. It wasn't quite as special as they were making it out, but I had to try it.

Thanks!

They were. :)

Yes, she does, but it was at her urging that I booked this trip before everything was all booked up. At the time I booked SSR was the only resort left.

Flossbolna likes this.
  16. pkondz

eep!

:hug:

Glad he was there to help! :)

Man! That sounds awesome! I would've loved to have hear that!

Ah.

:laughing: Bet he was mortified.

I have a dark and morbid sense of humour???

::yes::

I stand by what I said.
    When I go somewhere, I generally step out of the car, lock it and walk away.
    It doesn't involve lifting/lowering gates and/or extricating parts from the back and putting them together.

I will defer to your knowledge on this.

Sure. Like... poop.

Or whistles.

That bad, huh? Too scraped to fix?

Ruby and I were forced to separate because of one.
    She had to join the rest of the town in the evacuation while I and a few others had to stay as essential services. It was one of the busiest I've ever been at work.

No, I was just mixing them both.
    I knew that it was two fires, but talked about them both as one. Sorry about that.

17. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

That is so sad :(

Ugh

Filters for coffee?

I went back and checked that journal and it was actually wegoshop.com. Ridiculous about the lettuce, you’d think they’d triple check things before delivering...

I’ll be there :)

I will go and try to get matching ones now.

It’s worthy I think. He’s a crazy dude.

Wowza!

You’ll appreciate the ride more if you see it but its an awesome ride on its own.

Too bad it wasn’t the most amazing dessert of all time.

SSR has grown on me over the years, and the proximity to Disney Springs is really awesome.

18. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

I was able to get FPs but not exactly. RnRC I got at 9:50, ToT 11:20, and ST 12:35. I’ll try to move them if things open up but they overlap.

19. franandaj

Yeah, part of the day sucked, but other parts of it were fun. Bizarre sort of day.

And it's single digits tomorrow!

Can't wait to hear details!

Ya think?

Wow! I am always afraid of that!

No, just the spirit of a performer. It takes a pretty major disaster to keep band geeks from playing.

Just part of every day life for us.

Northern California has had it much worse, but that doesn't make it any less devastating for those who have had to evacuate or lost their homes down here.

Yeah, but I was ready to relax a bit rather than get my adrenaline going.

:thumbsup2

I thought I had a pretty good spot! But yeah those people behind me may have even had to wait in the queue. As it was I even let people pass me so I could take pictures.

:lmao: Had to Google, but yeah...love him!

I know what a bummer!

He does look rather comfy. I'm sure that would change once the engine started.

She usually is.

::yes:: :drinking:

Exploding scooters?

And some burn year after year.

I doubt we'll see rain for another month or more.

I know!

It was!

Even asparagus!

Thank you! :thumbsup2

I guess I see why the have to do it because it fills in so quickly.

:rolleyes1

I probably wouldn't get it again.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the exploding helicopters would have fit in.

Thanks!

And I didn't even post about what our little kitten went through starting Tuesday night. We have had quite a week!

Thanks! :goodvibes

20. franandaj

Me too, I had no idea how we were going to get out of that situation!

A week from today we have another one. It's about Space and such, the title is Inter-Gay-lactic.

Not so much mortified, but he may be starting to realize what a minority he is in with his despise of Disney.

No, I would classify your sense of humor more in the "Twisted" category. But you could have an appreciation for his warped sense of humor. Then again he occasionally pisses off just about everyone with his callous Facebook posts. But like "Family Guy", he is an equal opportunity offender.

You have been lucky enough not to be around persons with disabilities most of the time. I am always amazed when I am with people who don't have disabilities, and we just grab our purses, backpacks, etc and start walking away from the vehicle. Usually they are walking much faster than me and I get winded trying to keep up. Ever since her mom fell and broke her femur (or was it her pelvis?) in 2004, I have been a medical transport service for friends and relatives. I wonder if this why Fran and I don't get invited out with friends for dinner or drinks (with the exception of folks here) as we are regarded as too high of maintenance.

That's involved in pretty much anywhere I go that isn't me, solo, like at the grocery store, post office, or medical professional. Pretty much anywhere else I go involves a whole lot of schleppage, including Tuesday night band.

more like wild animalistic love making....

It wasn't the scraped part. I'm sure that would have been OK. It was more the fact that one of the gears inside the lift mechanism somehow gave way and caused the whole thing to drop to the ground. Even if it was repairable with another brand new one in the garage, I wouldn't trust the old one ever again.

I assume that was the story about losing your hot dog in the helicopter.....

That's OK, sometimes people don't get how big California is....or Arizona for that matter based on some of the answers you got on your "we stopped at a tourist trap" question. :rolleyes1 But I wasn't going to say anything over there...heck even the California girl didn't realize that it was three hours to the Grand Canyon from Arizona. I've made that drive, in a bus....one time, on band tour.....

It is and the death toll just keeps rising.

In my owner's locker. :)

Really, how long ago was it? They changed ownership a while back somewhere around '12 or '13. I think I had one delivery service with the old owner and then the current one took over. It was May of '11 the last time I used Garden Grocer. That was the time period where we had all those cancelled trips because of Fran's venous ulcers. Our next trip was in Jan of 2013 and I think that was the first time we used WeGoShop. After that the ownership changed.

Cool! We can work out timing and such as it gets closer!

That's close enough. I also have two of each FP because I make them for both Fran and I and she never rides them.

I'll put it on the list.

I plan on watching it, if nothing else one night in the room!

I'll tell you though, in the next update, there is one that was pretty close!

Yeah, I did like that the last time we stayed there. I guess it was just the once after our Dream Cruise because according to my pictures since then we stayed at VWL and Poly Bungalows with Jim and Alberto, and then BCV for F&W last year, then BWV after the cruise in Feb/Mar. It will be nice to be back. I have a lot of evenings with no plans so we will either go to F&W or Disney Springs and try some QS.

21. pkondz

Good thing, then, for sure!

:laughing: Love that!
    But it makes sense.
    Gender-neutral... sorry, neutron stars, Bi-nary star systems...

Really!!!

I never thought of myself that way.

Huh!
    Never knew I came off that way.

Oh, dear. You're comparing him to me....

I would never do that to you. I hope you know that.

That's horrid. You come on up here and you come for supper!

You're making my point for me.

Alison!! :lmao:

Ohhhh.... okay. Got it.

Float plane. But yes. good memory!

:rolleyes1