The jumpiness due to the ads is out of control!

And here I thought it was just me. I can't use either my iPhone or iPad to DIS....it's just too difficult. My laptop is a bit better, but man, it takes forever to actually get to where I want to be!!!

I just came here to report & repost the same link. This is horrible. It happens on every computer, tablet & phone I use to read the boards. It's just as bad with or without running an AdBlocker.

It used to be (prior to yesterday) that the jumpiness was fairly minor. As in, sort of a little twitch of the page. Now, every time I change pages, it jumps up to a totally blank space before jumping down to the page. That started yesterday.

I thought my computer was having issues. I guess it's nice to know it's the DISboard issue.

Any updates on the jumpiness? It's actually not only jumpy, the screen goes white, you have to scroll a bit, find a forum, wait for the jump, repeat.

Any updates on the jumpiness? It's actually not only jumpy, the screen goes white, you have to scroll a bit, find a forum, wait for the jump, repeat.
Maybe my computer's faster, but don't scroll once the screen goes white. For me it just lasts a second and then everything is normal. It is extremely frustrating though.

If anyone with actual responsibility is watching/reading here, for what it's worth, the white screen happens just under the forum thread bar.

I'd like to know why it has taken so long to address this problem, too. The thread on the Community board has been there for a while, but the problem has worsened exponentially in the last couple of days. Where are the omnipresent Webmasters? Somebody swears anywhere on the forums and a Webmaster is there immediately to hand out a smack down. But have a problem arise that annoys all of their users, and they're all MIA. At least post a message acknowledging that you are trying to do something about this.

Just want to add another voice to this issue, maybe if enough people mention it they will know it is wide spread. It reached the point of annoyance where I am about to give up on dis for awhile, it's almost unusable for me on my iPad.

I'd like to know why it has taken so long to address this problem, too. The thread on the Community board has been there for a while, but the problem has worsened exponentially in the last couple of days. Where are the omnipresent Webmasters? Somebody swears anywhere on the forums and a Webmaster is there immediately to hand out a smack down. But have a problem arise that annoys all of their users, and they're all MIA. At least post a message acknowledging that you are trying to do something about this.

Not all of the webmasters do the IT work that it takes to run the boards, so before you bash them please understand that they do not have the accessibility or responsibility to fix the boards. I don't know who is addressing it, but I hope, like you, that someone is.

yeah its especially annoying when you're visually impaired and need the screen to be magnified 10x. the jumpiness begings to make it impossible to read anything!

Today is the worst it's been for me...I can't tell you how many times it has taken me just to get to this thread! I'm sure it isn't necessarily the DIS's fault; likely it's the ad company. And the board needs the ad revenue to continue this service...but I do hope it is something that can be resolved.

I've been dealing with it for awhile, too. I never even thought about why it was happening. And I click fast through things so keep opening the wrong threads.

Mary Jo-As a moderator, can you report this to someone? I don't know how it works behind the scenes for the right people to know about these kinds of problems. Do they read this board?

I don't know what the webmasters do behind the scenes. My understanding and belief is that they care about these boards, and if we're having issues, they're working on them. They don't have an obligation to report their activities to us, but that doesn't mean they aren't addressing the issues. Sometimes things are happening that are complicated to fix.

@WebmasterAlex @WebmasterCorey

I don't know if this was coincidence or not but there is a grey scrolling set of announcement type ads at the top of each screen, just text, and it just scrolls. Each ad has a little X and you can turn it off, when I turned off all 3 ads on that bar, the bar itself disappeared. Doing this has helped a "little", not a lot with the jumpiness but the crashing has stopped for me for a day. I use an iPad ios9. Anyway thought I would pass it on in case anyone else hadn't tried that yet.

I don't know what the webmasters do behind the scenes. My understanding and belief is that they care about these boards, and if we're having issues, they're working on them. They don't have an obligation to report their activities to us, but that doesn't mean they aren't addressing the issues. Sometimes things are happening that are complicated to fix.

@WebmasterAlex @WebmasterCorey

well this must be a very very very difficult issue to fix then because the jumpiness has been going on for a number of months now and is only getting worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter