The Job of a Lifetime: My Spring 2015 DCP

I enjoyed hearing about your experience. Curious if they have someone to check in on all the DCP students after they are hired? I mean I am sure there are many students who reach that feeling of being overwhelmed or underwhelmed. Was there a contact you could have gone to in hopes of changing your assignment or is it once you are assigned you have no chance of switching?
I hope you are settling in nicely at home and what a wonderful experience. I would say if you are feeling down go back and read your first few posts as they contain such excitement it left me with a smile on my face all day today. All the best to you.

There isn't really a support system like that. I know you could talk to the people in charge of housing about any roommate issues, but as far as work goes, there wasn't anyone objective. Of course, they encouraged you to talk to your leaders, but my managers were busy, and sometimes part of the problem anyway. If you're feeling unsafe in your work place, I've heard that they'll move you around, but other than that, you're pretty much stuck where they place you.

I enjoyed hearing about your experience. Curious if they have someone to check in on all the DCP students after they are hired? I mean I am sure there are many students who reach that feeling of being overwhelmed or underwhelmed. Was there a contact you could have gone to in hopes of changing your assignment or is it once you are assigned you have no chance of switching?
I hope you are settling in nicely at home and what a wonderful experience. I would say if you are feeling down go back and read your first few posts as they contain such excitement it left me with a smile on my face all day today. All the best to you.

Kira, I'm so glad you came back and wrapped things up. I am well past my time to do the DCP (which I had unfortunately never heard of when I was in college), so I always enjoy reading about the experience of others. I think it's awesome how it provides a real world view of what Disney is like as a destination and as a company. That is quite the contrast from the experience most of us get visiting for a week or so. Thanks for writing and I have enjoyed reading!

That was an incredible story! I read your entire report from start to finish, this afternoon. Thank you for coming back and giving your final thoughts!

I know I said I wasn't really going to post anymore, but today is special-it's the 1 year anniversary of when I first applied!

And let me tell you, it's bittersweet. I have so many fond memories, and I met so many wonderful people. But I also miss my CP and Disney a lot. I have four more semesters of school left, so hopefully in 1 year and 8 months I'll be heading back there! Or, even more likely, I'll go back to visit. You know, if I can afford it on my college budget, and all that.

So I figured, as a little remembrance, I'd post some pictures. For the few of you who are curious.
photo.php

All my roommates and I, at Ohana.
photo.php

Part time Sam and I on my last day of work :guilty:
photo.php

Graduation day! Obviously these are in no particular order.
Brendan%20Animal%20Kingdom_zpsv2vxpe8w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Brendan and I.
photo.php

At my beautiful podium.
photo.php

Kendall, Sandra, me, and Tasmyn.
photo.php

Roommates and friends on Denise's bday! Denise is in the middle, naturally, and on the bottom are Amanda and Casey. Allison is above me.
photo.php

Tasmyn and I outside Be Our Guest.
photo.php

At Be Our Guest with Matt. Sorry I look so terrible-it was my last night and I was a mess.
photo.php

Noelle and CP Samantha got ahold of my phone.

That's all I have. Enjoy! If you ever run into these people on one of your glorious WDW vacations, give them a hug for me. Then walk away without a word, because I really love the idea of these people getting hugged by strangers without any explanation.

Last edited:

I read your final reviews and it was fascinating. I am so glad that summarized your experience. My son worked QSFB many years ago and it didn't work out well for him. But your time at Citrico's sounds like a very nice experience, in spite of the issues. I hope the rest of your life at college goes well and you find a job that you love, whether or not it lies with Disney. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter