• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "I've Waited Forever to Go Solo" Mom's Leaving Everyone Behind Trip! Updt 3/11

Just wanted to say thanks for posting a solo trip report. I leave in 15 days :scared1: and getting a little nervous!

I enjoyed your trip report so far!

I've enjoyed reading about your adventure and look forward to the rest. We're heading there in 69 days and your story has only added to my excitement.

I just wanted to say Hi! It's been awhile, and when I went back to do an update on my TR, it was closed down! :confused3

So, I will be writing soon to let all of my favorite DISsers know what's happening, and in the mean time I will be reading your adventures!

Hope you are well- talk to you soon!! :goodvibes

HI there!!

I just wanted to let you know that I just got back from a semi solo trip this week! It was totally impromptu! :) But I had about 3 days in the World by myself...and I LOVED IT!!!!!!! :)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip, too!! :)

HI there!!

I just wanted to let you know that I just got back from a semi solo trip this week! It was totally impromptu! :) But I had about 3 days in the World by myself...and I LOVED IT!!!!!!! :)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip, too!! :)

Whoo-hoo! I leave soon for mine. Trip report, please! :wizard:

So it was Monday morning, my last full day. It was bright and sunny and HOT! Not complaining though, I'd had enough rain to last me quite a while! I was to be meeting a Tour Guide Miker at RD at Epcot so I was up early. I got myself over to Epcot and began scanning for her. We had exchanged pictures but still there were quite a few people already there so it wasn't too easy to find her. I got in a line and looked around. I thought I saw her a few turnstiles down but decided to wait till we were in.

Once in it was the mad dash to Soarin' and she was fast! I finally caught up and said "Are you Susan?" and it was! Yeah! We waited at the rope together and chatted. She was there solo too but if I remember correctly she was meeting a friend later in the week. We decided to get FPs for Soarin and then hop in the line. She was very nice, a real Disney fan and we chatted quite easily. The line was not long and we rode Soarin'. It was fun as always but I noticed a spot on the screen (it never moved so it had to be) and it was somewhat distracting. But still a nice ride.

Now I was going to be meeting my friend Stacy soon (or so I thought!) so after the ride I told Susan it was nice to ride and get together but I was going to grab a bite and wait for my friend. She went on her way and I headed over to The Land. I haven't ridden the boat in years and truth be told I only did it in the hopes that the Dream Team would be waiting for me at the end. Alas, they were not.

100_0666.jpg

100_0658.jpg

Your token gardening pictures!

I was hungry so I stopped in Sunshine Seasons and grabbed a danish and a juice. I sat and texted home and also heard from Stacy that she would not be able to get there till after lunch (she lives in Tampa). That was okay. I had plenty to keep me busy.

I walked over to Test Track and I think I got and FP and then rode single rider. I knew Stacy couldn't go on a lot of rides (she has broken her back in the past and had back issues for a long time) so I wanted to ride this before she arrived. It was fun, always is. And the single rider line really goes quickly.

I think next I went over to the Living Seas and I think I went on Nemo? But I don't really remember (reason #1 to get your trippie done early, your memory WILL fail you!).

I know I meandered over to World Showcase because that is what my photos are telling me. I started in Mexico and I'll tell you. It. Was. Hot. Fry an egg on the sidewalk kind of hot. Sweaty and you can feel your undergarments sticking to you hot. Hot.

So I started in Mexico. I love poking around in here. Not only is it dark and cool but I feel like I'm in a little Mexican village. I rode the boat ride. Meh, its okay. I took some pictures.

100_0670.jpg

100_0672.jpg

[

I sat on a bench by the fountain and worked a little on my book, the one where you had to find the clues and fill things in. I never did finish it, too much for one trip. I'll be bringing it back when Belle and I go in August. I was feeling more comfortable doing just that. When I first did I kind of thought people were looking at me like "She's reading a book in Disney???". But by now I could have cared less. :goodvibes

I left Mexico and visited Norway though I skipped Maelstrom. It is not my favorite and I refuse to wait in line for it. And no, I won't get a FP for it. It is truly not even FP worthy! Why do they have one there for it???

A hop, skip and a jump and I'm in China! I went inside and there was a woman playing an instrument. It was nice and cool so I sat for a while. I had intentions of waiting for the movie but it was another 15 minutes or so and I just didn't feel like waiting. So I left. Again the beauty of being alone.

100_0680.jpg

I think at this point I realized Miyuki would be coming out pretty soon so I headed to Japan. I really, really wanted to see her. I had never and had missed her the last trip. So I got there first. First! Shortly there after a family arrived. And then slowly people showed up. I was probably there 10-12 minutes before she came out. She came out and it was pretty amazing. She works so quickly and her creations are just so cool! I will say I was kind of bummed to not get one. I know there were kids around but I had sort of hoped being the first one there, standing very politely she would have asked me if I wanted one and I would have loved to have brought it home to my kids but no go. I hung around while she made like 5 or so of them and then I left. I was melting from standing there for so long. We were near the electric doors of the store and it was great everytime it opened you got a small quick feel of their AC. Ahhhhhhh!

100_0685.jpg

100_0687.jpg

100_0689.jpg

100_0691.jpg

I decided to continue my world tour and made my way towards the direction of France. There was a frozen concoction I had heard so much about that I had yet to try........

Allyson:surfweb:

No Way! So excellent to see another installment from you, Allyson! Myuki is amazing, but I have got to tell you that her creations look better than they taste and travel pretty much not at all - very fragile. :sad2: Still, an incredible show. I love it when she says "Very fashionable!"

I can't believe we are on your last full day. I'm so glad the sun came out for you. Sorry it had to be with such a blazing vengance, but even so!

Yea!!!

I am still here! I love your solo TR! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Did you know I went solo? Totally impromptu trip. The link is in my siggie...the "Africa" one. :) I am not too far into it...just through the first day. But figured you might be interested.

You helped inspire me to just go for it! I might even like going solo!

I would love to see Miyuki when I go back. I missed her. I did see some Chinese children spinning plates, though. :yay:

Just loving your TR! I've actually come back to it many times, and have read it since the beginning, but was a lurker! Sorry, should have posted, but didn't. I absolutely love your pictures, and seeing all the fun little extras tha you took time to do. A bit more of a stop and smell the roses approach- just can't do that with the kiddos, can you?

Thanks for taking me along with you!

Yayyyy, more trip report!!

Sounds like you had a fun morning at Epcot, even though it was stinkin' hot!

I love the Mexican pavillion too... Plus the air-conditioning is awesome! What a shame you didn't get a creation from Miyuki. I guess that's when you need kids around - to get free candy!! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about your fancy French drink (something icy and slushy, perhaps!?) and the rest of your Epcot day. :thumbsup2

Glad for the update! I hope to catch Myuki this time. We have a cute 3 1/2 year old with us, so I'm hoping she gets a Myuki creation!

Still loving the sponteneity (sp?) of your solo trip! How nice just to wander, and leave whenever you want! Looking forward to that frozen concoction in France...:thumbsup2

I just came back today to find that you posted more! YAY! :yay:

I did not get to see Miyuki (sp?), but I did get a drinky drink in France! :goodvibes

Just catching up! Somehow I missed you were meeting Mel, Bob, Z, and Yani. They are all great people. :goodvibes I have never seen Miyuki, but would love too. Thanks for the pictures. :thumbsup2

:lmao:You've rescued me from the depths! LOL! I need to finish, it is only a day left. I should finish. I'm so embarassed!!!

Belle and I just hit double digits, we are at 96 days till our Mother/Daughter Extravaganza now! What was sold to Grumpy as a long weekend evolved to a 6 night stay with a little Discovery Cove day thrown in there! :lmao: We make our ADRs on MONDAY!

I'll be back. Soon. For real. To finish up!

at least u can go from finishing this up to a PTR for the next one, right? That was just a subtle hint.

:lmao:You've rescued me from the depths! LOL! I need to finish, it is only a day left. I should finish. I'm so embarassed!!!

Belle and I just hit double digits, we are at 96 days till our Mother/Daughter Extravaganza now! What was sold to Grumpy as a long weekend evolved to a 6 night stay with a little Discovery Cove day thrown in there! :lmao: We make our ADRs on MONDAY!

I'll be back. Soon. For real. To finish up!

You did better than me! I abandoned mine for so long that they closed it. Oh well! Looking forward to reading the rest of yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter