"The Incident"

Status
Not open for further replies.

umakemyheadhurt

Earning My Ears
Hi folks! 1st time Disney cruiser leaving 3/17, but have been reading your posts for a while... Entertaining and helpful.

I want to know what "the incident" was that many of you refer to, that resulted in rules changes in the kids clubs. Speculation and rumor are welcome, the darker the better, but facts would be more helpful.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi folks! 1st time Disney cruiser leaving 3/17, but have been reading your posts for a while... Entertaining and helpful.

I want to know what "the incident" was that many of you refer to, that resulted in rules changes in the kids clubs. Speculation and rumor are welcome, the darker the better, but facts would be more helpful.

Thanks,
Paul

I will answer however, in an effort to keep this board family friendly and not be banned nor have this thread closed, my answer will be somewhat censored.

There was a cruise where a mentally handicapped person over the age of 18 was allowed to hang out in Vibe because he would not fit in to the Adult CLub activities. He began stalking a young teen girl who became creeped out. Her mom commented to DCL and the lawyers now say no one under the age of 18 in any of the clubs except during open house times and a more strict following of the age guidelines should be followed.

There we go.

Thanks,
Paul

:stir: popcorn::

Speculation as to what may (or may not) have occurred isn't what this board was set up for.

I will point out the rules did not change, only the enforcement of DCLs already printed rules.

:cutie:

I will answer however, in an effort to keep this board family friendly and not be banned nor have this thread closed, my answer will be somewhat censored.

There was a cruise where a mentally handicapped person over the age of 18 was allowed to hang out in Vibe because he would not fit in to the Adult CLub activities. He began stalking a young teen girl who became creeped out. Her mom commented to DCL and the lawyers now say no one under the age of 18 in any of the clubs except during open house times and a more strict following of the age guidelines should be followed.

There we go.

You mean over 18.

Yes please. Lets keep all post based on facts and not speculations and rumors.

there was a thread that contained names, photos and people that were actually involved, so its not just speculation. that being said, that thread is gone, so I suspect this one might disappear as well.

there was a thread that contained names, photos and people that were actually involved, so its not just speculation. that being said, that thread is gone, so I suspect this one might disappear as well.

I did not see that thread, but posting those sorts of details and photos is highly inappropriate. Simply stating what happened is not breaking any rules.
Bottom line, a man over 18 was allowed in to the under 18 area and harassed a young girl. I believe he was over 21 and she was 13 or 14. The poor girl was so upset she would not leave her room. DCL had no idea that would happen and they are trying to prevent future incidents now.

Haha really?! Did anyone archived it? I would love to see it.

Haha really?! Did anyone archived it? I would love to see it.

It wasnt like crime scene photos or something. It did name the adult that allegedly started this turmoil, in reality it doesnt matter, the way they are running it now the same thing wont happen.

To post this type of information about a child is totally inappropriate. I believe we have answered the original posters question about what is meant by "the incident". Any further discussion would be speculation. Since this speculation deals with a minor, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter