The "I WANT TO ARGUE!" thread - JOKE THREAD!

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
It has come to my attention that this pandemic is beginning to wear on people, and the result is a lot of pretty silly bickering over nothing, or sometimes next to nothing.

So, here's your "I WANT TO ARGUE!" thread.

There are some rules:
  • Pick what you want to fight about.
  • Please bring your own nits to pick.
  • Please provide an abundance of hairs to split.
  • Please limit all rants to no more than 18,000 words per post.
  • Please comply with the DIS's prohibitions against personal attacks and argumentative behavior...lol.
It's on you, and it's all yours! FLAIL AWAY!

Remember in the episode of ”Friends” where Chandler couldn’t be sarcastic or he’d lose a bet & finally he just had enough & let go w/ everything he’d been holding in - “Leather pants, Ross?”? Well, here goes...

Telling seniors they shouldn’t be upset about missing their proms & graduations because years ago many seniors had to go to Vietnam during their senior years is NOT helpful.

Social Distancing does NOT mean having a play date w/ your neighbors in your front yard.

Acting like you’ve got it all together because you bake your own bread & don’t have to rely on the grocery store doesn’t make anyone who can’t bake bread or who doesn’t have any yeast feel better about her own situation.

When I asked y’all if there was anything you’d like at the store, you could have said bagels & cream cheese. You’didn’t. You said popsicles & Goldfish crackers. So, the bagels & cream cheese are mine, & I shouldn’t have to share just because you‘re my children. Go eat your crackers.

It is “aisle” NOT “isle” - as in “The aisles of the store are empty.” And, anyway, it should be shelves - “I’m walking down the aisle, & the shelves are empty.” An “isle” is a small island which is where I’d like to be right now.

Carol killed her husband & fed him to the tigers.

(EDITED TO ADD: I totally shared my bagels & cream cheese w/ my children, but I’m still feeling salty.)

Penguins!!! Why are they so adorable??? They live in a cold environment, they parent in a very bizarre fashion, other than cuckoo birds, because you really have to be cuckoo to balance an egg on your feet in fierce cold storm. And Lice!!!! Do you think it is cute to see them nit picking all the time on the endless Discovery Chanel episodes? The carry 15 different lice chewing at their skin. Has anyone suggested penguins to be a model organism of a parents? Whereas The body louse has the smallest genome of any known insect; it has been used as a model organism and has been the subject of much research.
Ever walked into a zoo habitat for Penguins? Of course, everyone remembers that stench!!! Why a gnome wouldn't even work in that waterworks and would much rather stand in a garden....like a penguin.

It has come to my attention that this pandemic is beginning to wear on people, and the result is a lot of pretty silly bickering over nothing, or sometimes next to nothing.

There are some rules:
  • Pick what you want to fight about.
  • Please bring your own nits to pick.
  • Please provide an abundance of hairs to split.
  • Please limit all rants to no more than 18,000 words per post.
  • Please comply with the DIS's prohibitions against personal attacks and argumentative behavior...lol.

The rule is observed.

Neighbors sitting in their yards or driveway dozens of feet apart is irresponsible and dangerous how?

Well, these people were in each others’ yards together - 2 separate families in one yard together, not dozens of feet apart, not 6 feet apart.

Remember in the episode of ”Friends” where Chandler couldn’t be sarcastic or he’d lose a bet & finally he just had enough & let go w/ everything he’d been holding in - “Leather pants, Ross?”? Well, here goes...

Telling seniors they shouldn’t be upset about missing their proms & graduations because years ago many seniors had to go to Vietnam during their senior years is NOT helpful.

Social Distancing does NOT mean having a play date w/ your neighbors in your front yard.

Acting like you’ve got it all together because you bake your own bread & don’t have to rely on the grocery store doesn’t make anyone who can’t bake bread or who doesn’t have any yeast feel better about her own situation.

When I asked y’all if there was anything you’d like at the store, you could have said bagels & cream cheese. You’didn’t. You said popsicles & Goldfish crackers. So, the bagels & cream cheese are mine, & I shouldn’t have to share just because you‘re my children. Go eat your crackers.

It is “aisle” NOT “isle” - as in “The aisles of the store are empty.” And, anyway, it should be shelves - “I’m walking down the aisle, & the shelves are empty.” An “isle” is a small island which is where I’d like to be right now.

Carol killed her husband & fed him to the tigers.

(EDITED TO ADD: I totally shared my bagels & cream cheese w/ my children, but I’m still feeling salty.)

Agree with everything, especially the bolded!!! Carol definitely killed her husband.

Well, these people were in each others’ yards together - 2 separate families in one yard together, not dozens of feet apart, not 6 feet apart.

What people? I was responding directly to what you posted.

What people? I was responding directly to what you posted.

Except you weren’t responding directly to what I posted - if you read what I originally posted, I said nothing about people being in their own yards. I said ”... a play date w/ neighbors in your front yard.”

YOUR front yard = 1 yard

It has come to my attention
Nobody cares
that this pandemic is beginning to wear on people.
No it's not.
and the result is a lot of pretty silly bickering over nothing, or sometimes next to nothing.
No it's not. By the way your lawn is 3 mm too long.
Sure, throw this thread on me.
There are some rules:
Nope. Never been one for rules.
Please bring your own nits to pick.
I'd rather pick yours.
Please provide an abundance of hairs to split.
You only say that because you're bald.
I prefer a Katana.

YOUR front yard = 1 yard
It's different in my neighborhood: 1 yard = 1 front yard + 1 back yard, including pool. Whether you count the pool deck as "yard" depends on whether you are the homeowner or the yard dude.

Also different in England, where 1 yard = 3 feet.

8902184360_7d8e6b08f5_n.jpg

Nobody cares

No it's not.

No it's not. By the way your lawn is 3 mm too long.

Sure, throw this thread on me.

Nope. Never been one for rules.

I'd rather pick yours.

You only say that because you're bald.

I prefer a Katana.
The scary thing about this post is it makes more sense than many I've seen in the last couple of days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!