The "I Drove My Family Nuts Getting All These Pics" Dining Review! UPDATED 4/8 FINAL

Sorry I thought this was a general "post a picture of Disney food" thread. I apologize for the hijacking =)

We ended up at Hollywood Studios for the rest of the day after our morning at Animal Kingdom. We wanted to see Fantasmic, since we never had before. We stayed for the show and it was really nice, I am glad we did it. I don't know that we would do it again, but it was worth having the experience at least once. So, we had planned to have a dinner at Downtown Disney (I was thinking EOS or WPC) but we were so tired after fighting the crowds after Fantasmic that we just decided to head back to the hotel and get something there in the food court.

We arrived at Sassagoula Floatworks and looked through the different stations and what we could order. After much deliberation, we all decided what we'd like.

I chose the Fried Chicken and DH chose the Chicken & Rib combo. It came with two sides, which we ordered the same. DH wanted mac and cheese for some reason, but it wasn't available where we were. The cast member said they could go get some from another station and I decided to have some, too, so he brought back two sides of mac & cheese. I don't know why I didn't take the top off the container for the picture, but I didn't. It was just the standard Disney mac & cheese, ok but not spectacular. We also got the mashed potatoes, mine with gravy, his without. And the meal would not be complete without the side of cornbread.

xlkziB5.jpg

rz9Y8Rj.jpg

Neither of us finished the entire plate of food, but we made a pretty good dent in it. The chicken was really good actually. Nice flavor and tender. The mashed potatoes and mac and cheese were just OK, they were nothing special, but decent for counter service hotel food. The cornbread was tasty, not too dry.

DS went with one of his favorites, a cheeseburger. For his side and dessert he chose grapes and apples. He also added pickles and tomatoes to his burger. DD went with a grilled cheese and also picked grapes and apples. She added pickles, which were very much enjoyed. They both got water with their meals as well.

bk1CA84.jpg

N91SEu2.jpg

They enjoyed their meal. I didn't taste either of them, but they seemed very happy with their choices and as always, they really loved the fruit.

DH and I once again went with the same choice for dessert, freshly made beignets!

hY7Odm3.jpg

When we were checking out, they stamped our receipt and said we could come back within 90 minutes to pick up our beignets. I was very happy about this because the line was so long for the bakery that our food would have been ruined by the time we stood in it to get our desserts. We each had a beignet and then we were stuffed! They were good, though not as good as earlier in our trip, or maybe we were just too full to enjoy them. Overall, for a quick and easy meal at the hotel, we liked what we got at Sassagoula Floatworks. I'd much prefer another location if the circumstances were different, but for our situation, it worked out great and I'm glad it was an option.

On Friday our plans were to head back to Magic Kingdom so that DS could get in some time there since he missed most of it earlier in the week due to not feeling well. We ate breakfast in our room again, just bagels, yogurt, and fruit. When lunch time rolled around, I knew exactly what I wanted, Be Our Guest! The lunch menu looked very good and different and I couldn't wait to try it. DH was not so thrilled and warned me of the long line. I didn't care, I wanted to eat here, so we went and got in line. We were told it would be 45 minutes before we got inside from the point we were at in the line. However, it didn't take that long. It was about 20 minutes before we were inside and then another 10 or so before ordering. There were a few neat things to look at once you get inside. I won't ruin it for others, but it was cute.

io56fkJ.jpg

They had menus available to look at while you were waiting, here are the choices:

YwPZOfs.jpg

qOz4Yvh.jpg

You wait in line until you get up to the podium. Once there, you have to wait for a rose with a table locator on it (similar to the new Panera Bread system where you put the locator on your table) where you will load your order. They tell you to go to a specific kiosk and you wait your turn. Here are a few pictures of the process:

LJj4jZx.jpg

dtj8SEZ.jpg

Looking into the room with all the ordering kiosks
36J9sKq.jpg

Picture menu on the wall
3DpoIeu.jpg

The actual ordering kiosk where you pick what you want
YOhUEvC.jpg

The ordering process was simple and easy to do. I only saw one downside to it, you couldn't customize things. Like I couldn't say no gravy or substitute green beans for fries for example. We finished ordering and went into the main ballroom, found a seat, and placed the rose on the table. We got our drinks, which were self serve (well except things like bottled water, which come out with your food). This was really nice because you could get refills, unlike many of the other counter service options in the parks.

aa7azdy.jpg

Drink stations
GMeWweY.jpg

o6ciH5Z.jpg

Now for the food. They bring your order out on the serving trays and place your food on the table.

5RfWfcw.jpg

DH and I once again ordered the exact same thing. We both went with the Grilled Steak Sandwich*with garlic butter spread and pommes frites.

eiPY18B.jpg

jyW6Cxu.jpg

This sandwich was excellent, especially for a quick service meal. It was flavored really well and tender. I think I would have preferred mayonnaise or some sort of sauce on the bread just to make it a little less dry, but overall we both really enjoyed it.

The kids also both had the same thing. I am not sure that this is what they would have chosen on their own, but I got them the Slow-cooked Pork*with sauteed green beans and mashed sweet potatoes. I really wanted them to have a healthy option with some vegetables, so this is what they got along with some water.

2JbUnRL.jpg

8dEWPen.jpg

They both loved the green beans and sweet potatoes and ate every bit of those. The pork, although liked by the adults, was not very well received by the kids. It was pretty salty and I could see why they wouldn't like it. They had a few bites of the meat along with all the vegetables so I was still happy with this meal, it was great to see some real food on the kids quick service lunch menu.

As for the dessert, we got two of the Strawberry cupcakes that we all liked so much at the dinner here a few nights ago. DS & I split one and DH & DD split one. It was plenty, and again, these were excellent!

udgrJOs.jpg

We really enjoyed our meal here and I would definitely return for lunch. They have some of the best options in the entire park for a counter service meal and as of now, this would be my first choice for lunch in the Magic Kingdom if we were to return.

Later that day, we got Dole Floats for our snacks. This is DH's favorite and the kids really love them. I think they are bit too tart, but that is OK, because I wasn't really hungry anyway. The three of them split these two.

gbweWFV.jpg

yhXgcQz.jpg

After having our final bit of fun at the Magic Kingdom, we headed over to Downtown Disney for our dinner reservation. We were eating at one of our favorite places, Raglan Road! We always look forward to this meal so we made sure to save plenty of room for dinner.

They start out with the Irish Soda bread and Guiness reduction in oil. The bread by itself isn't very exciting, but when it is dipped into the oil mixture, it is so very good! We all love it and eat our fair share of it. We decided what we wanted to eat and before long the waiter was back to get our order.

Here is the kid's menu
IHsbldI.jpg

DS once again went with a cheeseburger and this was definitely one of the nicer ones he got.

5S9MjAh.jpg

He enjoyed it very much and ate the entire thing and some of the fries. DD decided to go with one of her favorite things, shrimp!

HlQNxze.jpg

She loved these! I tried one and they were really excellent, especially for a kids meal.

Now for the adult entrees.

Y9B0wNY.jpg

There is so much to choose from here that I have a hard time deciding, but I went with something I had not tried here before, the Pork Supreme Grilled lollipop pork chop with colcannon potatoes with a port cider jus and an apple chutney.

SOOsUyj.jpg

This was HUGE! I was so glad I hadn't snacked in the afternoon so that I had plenty of room in my stomach for this thing. The flavor was really great and it was seasoned just right. The potatoes were good and the apple chutney added a nice contract. I really liked everything, my only complaint was that it was all a bit dry. Very thick potatoes and a drier cut of meat all together, although very good, was just a little on the dry side. I would order it again, though.

DH selected the Mighty Mixed Grill lamb chop, Guinness banger, sirloin steak, black pudding, chicken drumstick and bacon.

OLoyOkj.jpg

He is a meat lover, and as you can see, this was quite the meatlovers dream. It did come on a bed of mashed potatoes and had a roasted tomato on the side, but the majority of this plate was filled with all different types of meat. He ate every bite of it and loved it. He said he would definitely order this again if we returned to Raglan Road. It was very different from everything else he had eaten on the trip and liked the variety that was offered with this dish, it was really a winner for him.

Next up was dessert of course. Here is the menu for adults and for kids.

oDqfnbw.jpg

7K1Q9nv.jpg

The kids go to pick from some really nice options. DD decided she wanted the Chocookberry Ice cream with Cookies and berries smothered in a chocolate sauce.

CtTXqlB.jpg

I did not try this but it looked really amazing for a kids' dessert! She loved it and said it was one of her favorites! It was so big that she could not finish the whole thing, but she tried her best.

DS's choice was the Strawberry Delight Vanilla ice cream with pavlova, cream. fruit coulis and fresh strawberries.

pFxAo2g.jpg

This also looked quite good and was a very large portion for a child's dessert. DS was not complaining though, he loved it. I did taste this one, and it was very rich, but also really good. He couldn't finish this one either, but enjoyed the part he had very much.

DH decided to try the Black Forest Kiss*Sweet black cherries, sumptuous chocolate mousse and biscuit with a splash kirsch*

oAKCjN1.jpg

He said this wasn't very sweet and he wasn't a big fan of it. He had a few bites and said he wouldn't order it again.

For my dessert, I chose the only one on the menu that we had tasted before, Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding.

beCxNN4.jpg

This stuff is just amazing. It is a very close second to Ohana's bread pudding for me. It comes out in a dish and you are supposed to put it out onto your plate and then pour the sauce on top and that is exactly what I did!

rkoR1qu.jpg

That is what it looked like after I poured the sauce on top. I felt like I ate and ate on this and it didn't even look like I made a dent in it. This dessert is truly way too much, maybe even for two people to it, but wow is it good. It is very moist and sweet, in a very good way. If I ordered dessert here again, it would most certain be this.

As usual, we loved our meal at Raglan Road and we most likely will return on on our next trip to Disney!

Today was a non-park day for us. We started off with our last table service meal for the trip, breakfast at O'hana. The restaurant is one of our favorites for dinner, but we had never experienced the breakfast before and we were excited to try it. Once we checked in, they sent us over to the photographer for a picture under the Ohana sign. The picture seems odd to me since the sign isn't anything special, but we went with it. They did give us Hawaiian leis for the occasion. They called us and we walked past the yummy bread they serve at breakfast:

RbLND9P.jpg

Then we were seated and shortly after getting our drink order, the food started coming out.

U4zKKX9.jpg

The bread was great! I would love some if it right now, in fact. :)

2nAaaOL.jpg

Here is the fruit platter

5UEuTYw.jpg

Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits, and Potato Wedges. This was all excellent, we ate all of it!

WcHswgF.jpg

And then the kids wanted more fruit, so they brought some:

WzITM1c.jpg

And finally, the beloved Mickey Waffle. These were very tasty as always!

osGj3qU.jpg

The characters were great as well. We saw Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. They had great interaction and the kids lvoed seeing them.

We really enjoyed this breakfast and we would go back. I don't know if we would pay out of pocket for it, but we would use a dining credit on it if we were to have the dining plan again.

So by the time lunch rolled around that day, none of us were incredibly hungry, but we wanted to try Cookes of Dublin. Somehow I have never been here yet, and I really thought we would enjoy it. So, we decided to split a couple of menu items since we couldn't really decide and we weren't that hungry.

It is a good thing we weren't starving because the service really took forever. The best I could calculate it was about 15 - 20 minutes. I was getting impatient but then the food finally showed up.

We went with the Cheeseburger & Fries with Mixed Fruit Cup for dessert:

TxrZYBt.jpg

My husband and son split this. They both said that it was really good and they would get it again.

DD and I split the Fried Shrimp and Fries Basket with Mixed Fruit Cup for dessert:

c2aQvNc.jpg

These shrimp were definitely worth the wait! They were very fresh and tasted great! We both really enjoyed them. The fruit was just OK, what you'd expect.

We also just had to try the famous Doh Bar, a fried Snickers. This looked and sounded like it would be so good!

J45og2c.jpg

Now I love Snickers, but this was just not good. For me, it was not even edible. I tasted it and then wanted nothing more to do with it. It was just soggy dough on the outside and a chocolate and peanut mess on the inside. I would not get it again. Here is the inside:

xF0M9dw.jpg

Although I didn't care for the last bit of our meal, I would come to Cookes of Dublin again for sure. The rest of the meal was great, and really a wonderful counter service restaurant!

We returned to Downtown Disney again for dinner to experience one of our favorites again before our trip was over, Earl of Sandwich! This is one of our favorite places in Disney we we just had to have it again.

DD5, as usual, got the peanut butter & jelly sandwich with a side of fruit.

nZUiwV4.jpg

DS7 went with the grilled cheese and a side of fruit.

pl29FDW.jpg

X9rKTMn.jpg

DH & I both got the Full Montague with the horseradish sauce added on as well. We got a side of chips.

BxG8UfG.jpg

XgPEneE.jpg

For dessert we all shared the Strawberry Shortcake!

MG72jqE.jpg

It was all wonderful as usual and we were very pleased with our meal choices. This is a place we will continue to visit every time we are near!

So, after our dinner that night, we got some snacks to take back with us since we were leaving the next day. We figured the perfect place for that was Goofy's Candy Co.!

Just a few pictures from there:

t3ebaSF.jpg

9Pncu8s.jpg

5hTjSci.jpg

And here is what we ended up getting!

Chocolate dipped pineapple
WewTzWS.jpg

naLP8e0.jpg

Lollipops for the kids
fmoPb1l.jpg

8WCibXS.jpg

M&M covered Rice Krispie Treats
vFQMWd6.jpg

Gummy Bears
8e07LqP.jpg

White Chocolate and Chocolate Chip covered Rice Krispie Treat
nWGMGkJ.jpg

M&M covered marshmallows on a silly straw
VaAYTt0.jpg

Cake Pops
ekTgDPO.jpg

pf5owLT.jpg

4Nv46Tw.jpg

Everything was really great, even days later when we finally ate it. :)

I love Goofy's Candy Co! My favorite is rice crispie treat dipped in milk chocolate, covered in oreos and drizzled with white chocolate. Yum!

SRiley1985 said:
I love Goofy's Candy Co! My favorite is rice crispie treat dipped in milk chocolate, covered in oreos and drizzled with white chocolate. Yum!

Our trips arent complete without a goofy glacier!

Well it was our last day before heading home! We decided to have counter service at Cookes of Dublin again before heading home. It was so good the previous day that I wanted to experience it one more time.

We got there right when they opened and looked through the menu. I really wanted to try something different from what we had yesterday, and so did DH. So, we decided to split two meals. We chose the Chicken & Mushroom Pie and the Fish Sandwich. Here they are:

K6AOApS.jpg

The inside of the pie
LIcocWx.jpg

rB81Y2e.jpg

There are fries inside!
u5TJo2o.jpg

The pie had an excellent flavor, but it was somewhat dry. I wouldn't order it again but I am glad that I tried it. The fish sandwich was really good! I didn't know they put the chips inside the sandwich, so that was a surprise, but very tasty.

We also loved all the sauces, especially the malt vinegar! You could smell this stuff as you walked by the restaurant.

xpyDpCi.jpg

w6PzDce.jpg

The kids actually decided to get the same things they got before. Shrimp for DD and a burger for DS. They both got fruit as well.

p1x0EHB.jpg

DtYgawp.jpg

I tried one of the shrimp and it was really delicious! They both enjoyed their meals very much.

We also got two of the soft serve ice creams for dessert. They were nothing above average soft serve, but still nice to have!

HwcQKQM.jpg

uLnle4g.jpg

We would definitely visit Cooke's of Dublin again, it was a wonderful way to end our vacation and our dining experiences!

Thank you for your reviews! Cookes of Dublin is someplace we definitely want to try on our August trip.

What a great review. Loved all the pictures you included. You definitely gave me perspective of restaurants to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter