"the HUNT for a CATCHY title" w/ PICTURES [NEW 5/9]

:banana: Chapter 5 "homeRUN":banana:

Stephanie and I agree on a lot of things, but there are somethings we disagree upon. For example, music. I like music, but I can only take so much. I like listening to music but when I have to know the history, background, and biography of an artist - that's when I draw the line. Stephanie makes it a point to tell me everything about a song as if she was a music major. Don't get me wrong but when it comes to conversation it is often about the same two topics: music or her hating nursing school. I wanted a vacation, an escape from reality - not a recall of past events.

I let Stephanie continue to listen to her music until she turned on the radio. When she did this, we were both excited and was signing. Finally, she was listening to music at which I like. We were on our way to Walt Disney World. As we were driving I couldn't begin to wonder - 'Why in the heck is she so crabby!' I was calculating in my head and tallying on my hands. Nope, not that. :rolleyes1 So, maybe she was just grumpy because she didn't get much sleep. After this, I didn't pay much attention to the drive. My focus was on getting there.

As we come to the exit, we get super excited. But, we forgot to print directions. Yes, we are stupid. I thought there would be signs on the interstate about the resorts. Wrong! Well, I now know for future reference. So, I had to do some last minute DIS thinking.

"I think the best thing to do is to take the Magic Kingdom exit. I think that exit will branch off to the others."

So, we did as I thought. We entered the gates and I was just so happy. I look over at Stephanie she I notice that there is no smile upon her face. There was no expression. Nothing. I started looking for signs and finally made note of where to go. Before we knew it, we were there. We arrived at the All Star Resort. We were happy to notice that the Sports was the first of the three. We parked and went inside.

When I walked inside I was happy. I don't care if it's a value, it was a Disney resort. My first on-site resort and I was happy. Stephanie, well. She stayed outside to smoke. :mad: Yuck! Did I mention this is where we differ? I dont take kind to smoking or drinking and she does both. :sick: Anyway, I went it and checked in. When checking in, I told them I had requests and I wanted to see if they were granted. The lady I had called someone and waited about twenty minutes before telling me that she couldn't grant me requests. She said, "But, I think you will like this building and room a lot better." I basically took her work for it and off we go.

This resort is amazing! I loved the large icons and everything about it. I love all things sports so I knew this was going to be a rather exciting adventure. We followed the map and was on our way. Stephanie and I plan on doing the Amazing Race, so we put those skills to the test and it worked out. We noticed we were walking through a large football field. Right away, I dropped my bags and requested a picture!

71985732vo6.png

84621180nr1.png

After, we made our way to the homerun buildings and found our room. I was so happy. We got a non-smoking room, at which I requested. Stephanie was upset but I could careless. I dont want to wake up to a room full of smoke. Stephanie could go outside and smoke if she cared to do so. She was really mad at me for doing this but I told her before we came that I was doing this. Before the trip she said, "Good. I am planning on quiting this summer anyway." And now that were here I get yelled at.

This is offtopic but I am kinda happy that all the resorts are going smoke free. eople, I swear I have a heart but smoking really bothers me. Many people in my family have lost their lives to lung cancer and some at a very early age, so it really hits me hard. Besides, that smell bothers me so much - especially in the morning!

We got to the room and I took a picture. We were in the homerun building 8, room 8259. This room is on the second floor and is centered directly infront of the pool. The lady was right, this room was better than the one I requested (more on this later). Take a look at this view. It is awesome! If anyone is interested in the value resorts, I recommend All Star Sports. Everything is close to the main building and busses, it is layed out perfectly. I also recommend room 8259, what a room!

76604414lp4.png

76604414lp4.png

We opened the door and to our surprise we had something special on the bed. Okay, they might do this for everyone, but I was happy. It was light a towel animal to me. Instead, it was a towel Mickey! I was so happy that I took a picture of it. Stephanie thought I was on drugs or something. "Everyone on the DIS does it." She responds, "Dorks." Whatever. She is not going to distroy this vacation. Nope, I paid for it! I am doing what I want. I will even take a picture of the bathroom. haha! Guess what! I did! I unpacked and got my things together. We then changed our clothes and went to walk the resort. After we looked at everything, we went in the pool.

69441687zg1.png

We tried our best to always make the walk and go to the Surf's Up pool. The only reason why is because we felt and thought the pool by our room was meant for children. Actually, we didn't mind walking because we liked this pool better. It was larger and provided for more space. I lived in Florida all my life but I do not have a tan. For some reason I don't get tanned. But I was going to make every effort to get some sun on this trip and boy did I. So, as you can imagine we went to the fool quite frequently.

69218220bd0.png

94157898hy3.png

66444836ri3.png

Around two hours later, we went back to the resort and got ready to go to Downtown Disney. We both took showers and did what we had to do. Would this trip get any better? Would Stephanie cheer up or would we be spending this vacation in seperate beds? One things for sure, I wont let ANYONE rain on my parade!

LOL...enjoying the TR so far...even the Target detours. Glad to hear you had a great trip...can't wait to hear the rest.

Congrats your engagement! :love:

Thanks for reading and thanks for your congratulations! :goodvibes It really means a lot that people are reading and are interested. Yes, even with the detour - I had a fantastic trip and there is not much I would change if I could go again in about a week. :rotfl:

Have fun reading! :cool2:

Great so far! I sure hope Stephanie is going to cheer up! My husband thinks I'm a dork too for taking pictures of things like towel animals and bathrooms.

Hurry up & get Stephanie to the parks so she'll catch that Disney magic!!

Yeah, I know! I was about to go crazy that day! I couldn't believe how she was acting. I was just hoping it would stop when we arrived at Downtown Disney. I am not going to tell you if it helped or not but you will soon see.

See, Stephanie hasn't really been to Disney since she was eight. So, when we went for our day trips in the past she seemed to enjoy them and to me it seemed as if she was catching the Disney magic. Therefore, I thought she was becoming a Disney dork like me. But I guess it takes more than just two day trips and a five-night visit.

I will post the rest of day one sometime soon. Thanks for dealing with me.

Stephanie is that type of person who loves Universal. :sick: I think I am gonna be sick! Don't get me wrong I like Universal but there is no magic there. The castmembers are rude and it is just not Disney. I hope this trip turned her around. You will see.

ETA: I also bought the Offical Album while I was there. I told her since she had to get a CD on the way, I had to get one before we left. :rotfl: And I choose the Offical Album. I am currently driving her crazy playing the same song over and over again. Oh, did I mention she hates that song (just like I dislike her music). It ius the Welcome Medley to the Magic Kingdom. :lmao: What goes around, comes around!:wizard:

I was planning on posting the final installment of the first day last night. Imagine this - I typed everything and was uploading pictures when all of a sudden my computer shut off. Yes, so when I turned it back on the report (I forgot to save) was gone. Therefore, I must type it all out again.

Sorry for the confusion. I will post it sometime this afternoon. I have to go get fingerprinted today so I can start my internship next semester. It is $79.50. Jeez, becoming a teacher is getting rather expensive! :rotfl:

:headache: Chapter 6 "Grumpy and Happy" :headache:

As Stephanie was getting ready, I sat on the bed wondering as if this vacation was going to get any better. Trying not to think about this, I began thinking about titles for my upcoming trip report. Yes, my vacation was just beginning and I was already thinking about writing a trip report. I have learned from reading past reports, the the title should be creative, catchy, and unique. Those that are tend to be remarkably interesting and eye catching. I mean, have you read, "The financially irresponsible WDW trip," by DebIreland? What about "The Fatten'em Plan," which is being written by Cass? There are many other fantastic trip reports with catchy titles out there, I could just keep going on and on - but I wont bore you.

This is how I began my hunt for a creative title. I spent the majority of my time thinking about titles. What would be the best title to describe my experience? Anyway, I am well aware that these titles were created after their vacation was planned; however, being the control-disney-planner that I am, I was interested in finding a title at that very moment. I sat on the bed wondering. If I had to create a title at that very moment it was for sure going to me something as, "2 of the 7 dwarfs do disney: happy and grumpy." Honestly, that is how I felt at the time. When Stephanie was ready, we exited the room. The offical HUNT for a CATCHYtitle has begun!

Stephanie and I walked the short distance to the bus area. We walked past the homerun pool, through the football area, and past the surf's up pool into the lobby. When we arrived we waited a short time for the bus. This was my first taste of Disney transportation. I felt it was simple and allowed for easy access. I also felt it was efficient. We waited a short five minutes before a bus came, Stephanie insists it was thirty. Where she got that from is beyond me. So we get on and take our seats. The busses go to all the resorts in the All Star area; thus, the busses can get quite crowded. As more people with children got on, I decided to stand and let a small child sit in the seat at which I was seating. Stephanie was pissed at me. Can I do nothing right? Jeez! The HUNT of a CATCHY title was still in progress.

Downtown Disney is not close to the All Star resorts, but we still arrived safely. I was glad to have transportation, if we were to use the car we would have spent a lot of money. The gas prices are really not cheap these days. We took advantage of the transportation whenever possible. When we arrived, we went inside each and every store and took several photos. Correction: "I" took several photos. Stephanie didn't want any and this would be another focus of the trip. Therefore, all the pictures you see in this report will be of me.

73194720ib8.png

53496861az1.png

As I said, we walked in and out of every store. One of my favorite was the pet store. I promised my dog when I left that when I return I would have something special for him. When I was there, I found all kind of accessories. I bought him a Mickey collar. I knew he would love it and that he did. When I returned, I put it on him and he was happy as pie. He is prancing around like he is actually Mickey Mouse.

94160440gk1.png

I thought these paintings were awesome but so expensive. I wish I could afford to have such a masterpiece, but I am a college student - remember.

27151168wr9.png

I also liked the World of Disney store. It is huge. We spent a lot of time in this store. We didn't buy another but I was thinking about it. I even put together a Mr. Potato Head but I never bought it. I decided I wouldn't spend my money on it, but now I regret it because it was awesome. Okay, why is almost everything in Disney turning to pirates? Don't get me wrong, I love them and the ride and all but it seems now all the fuss is over pirates. Everywhere you go in Disney is centered around a pirate now and I am kinda upset. What happened to the mouse?

60509092tk5.png

97217797gc3.png

Stephanie was constantly on her cell the whole time we were going through these stores. I am on vacation to escape the outside world. Obviously she wasn't. This became a tradition to her. She was on her cell almost the entire trip. I stopped and spoke my mind and told her how it was.

"Stephanie, I paid money for us to have a good time."
"Okay."
"Which means I dont want you to be talking on the phone the whole time."
"I don't care."

Whatever. I thought the reason may have been because she was hungry. So, I noticed Earl of Sandwich. I have heard nice things about this place so we decided to check it out. I mentioned this to her and she was upset that I listen to a message board, but I dont care. It is 'MY' DIS, not hers. So we go in and I was very surprised as to how efficient the service was. We both ordered and got our food. As being an obligated member of the DIS, I took a picture of my food and got nasty looks from Stephanie, but I didn't care. I ordered the Carribean Jerk Chicken and she ordered the sandwich with Chicken, Mushrooms, and Spinish. Both were very good and we would do this place again.

When we were finished, we continued to look through stores. I found this store with amazing artwork. I wish I could afford this stuff, it was amazing. I would just love to have a house with a room dedicated to Disney, but I dont think Stephanie would hear of such of a thing. Anyway, we made our way to the otherside - the West Side. We passed Virgin Mobile when Stephanie said she was ready to go back and swim. Okay, that is fine. So I told her I think a bus came near this place. We walked out to the street and I seen no busses. She got pissed at me, but how in the heck am I suppose to know exactly where they come? I might be a Disney dork but I am not transportaiton genuis. So we decide to walk the street. Stephanie is walking extremly slow at this point. "Stephanie, were at Disney. You have to walk faster than that." Stephanie ignored me; therefore, I did as every good boyfriend would do and jog leaving her behind. Yep. However, before I left I turned to her, "Were staying at All Star Sports." I was off. I jogged until I seen a bus. Yes, I knew we didn't have to walk all the way. Before I knew it, Stephanie had caught up. We got on the bus and headed back to the resort.

We got back to the resort and went to the pool. We went swimming for quite sometime. After, we went back to our room and each took a shower. While she was in the shower, I set up an early wake up call. Tomorrow, we would be going to EPCOT in the morning, taking a break at lunch, and going back for evening magic hours. It was a big day and I was planning on doing it with or without Stephanie.

When Stephanie got out the shower, I turned on the TV to watch the "7 must see's at Walt Disney," Stephanie hated it, but what do you expect - I loved it and it became a tradition to watch it every single night while we were there. :lmao:

So glad to see another installment!! I hear ya on the typing a big ol thing and then the comp going off, I have had that happen SOOOO many times! LOL I am REALLY hoping your fiance gets her Disney act together!! I would be soooo bummed if I paid for and planned a trip and my travel buddy was the Anti-DIS. Hmph! LOL Guess if it got too bad, you could have said you stay here I'M going to Dis! LOL Can't wait to hear more!!

I love your TR so far! Sorry it got off to a bad start. I hope it gets better - I'm sure it will. I can relate to so many things you said. My DH thinks I am insane for loving Disney, and I'm always listening to Disney music and making him cringe. I listen to Sorcerer Radio (online Disney radio station) all the time. We bicker often about vacations because I always want to incorporate Disney into them somehow. I hate smoking too and I'm often viewed as a mega-nerd because I don't drink alcohol. I hope Stephanie quits! That's probably why she was grumpy. :rotfl:

I look forward to reading more! Thanks for sharing!

I was REALLY hoping she got her act together too, but I am going to be quite honest with you - she didn't. Nope, so the Stephanie you hear about in the upcoming days will be the same grumpy Stephanie. I am sad to report that but it is true. It isn't the best representation of her, but it is honest. This is how she acted at the time and I must report the facts. But I do have some decent and good news, well to me anyway!

Stephanie and I went out tonight. She brought up about going back this December. I started thinking about this past trip and I basically told her it wasn't a good idea. :rotfl: Why would I say that, I have no idea - but I didn't want to experience another 'good gone bad' trip. I decided to let her talk and to be honest she looked rather serious. "I want to go back and take Matthew. We can all stay at the Sports again, I really liked it. If we can't stay there it would be nice to stay at Pop Century. We should also get the Dining Plan since Matthew will be with us." Wait? :confused3 Is this Stephanie? My grumpy 'soon to be' wife? The one who basically stayed grumpy the whole time we were at Disney? The one who turned anti-DIS? Is this Stephanie? :confused3

Therefore it was set. We will be going back and sooner than I expected. I thought our next trip which was going to be our honeymoon would have to be rescheduled since I thought she was against Disney. Now we are going before that, I am kinda trilled. I couldn't help but be skeptical at the time though. Stephanie also surprised me in more ways tonight. When we went to Walmart (one of our favorite hangouts) Stephanie was looking at CDs. She purchased a Disney Princess CD with all kinds of songs from the classic movies. She also bought "Alice and Wonderland," and "Cinderella," on DVD. Wait? Is this Stephanie? :eek:

I really think this trip turned Stephanie around. Maybe she was grumpy because she was actually having a good time but didn't care to admit it. Who knows, but I am not complaining. Were going back!

CrAzY4DL said:
LOL I am REALLY hoping your fiance gets her Disney act together!! I would be soooo bummed if I paid for and planned a trip and my travel buddy was the Anti-DIS. Hmph!

Thanks for reading. You know, I love Disney because it is so magical and it makes me feel good. So kill me for wanting to escape reality sometimes and enter a world of fantasy. :wizard: We all need breaks and we at the DIS like taking Disney trips during our breaks - it works for us. I love everything Disney, especially their music. Funny, I am also considered a dork because I am 21 (almost 22) and I dont drink, smoke, and I dont intend to do either. I dont care what they think. I really hope she quits too, but I dont see that happening at this point in her life. Thanks for reading!

CriminyCrafft said:
I can relate to so many things you said. My DH thinks I am insane for loving Disney, and I'm always listening to Disney music and making him cringe. I listen to Sorcerer Radio (online Disney radio station) all the time. We bicker often about vacations because I always want to incorporate Disney into them somehow. I hate smoking too and I'm often viewed as a mega-nerd because I don't drink alcohol. I hope Stephanie quits! That's probably why she was grumpy.

Sounds like fun so far. Sorry Stephanie is kinda grumpy about Disney stuff. I am sooooo glad my DH loves Disney as much as I do. Neither of us can wait for our 3 year anniversary trip coming up in November. Don't worry about being a Disney dork. I am almost 29 and my DH is almost 36 and we are both Disney dorks too :cool1: !

Looking forward to hearing about the rest...

Just gotta say that I'm enjoying you TR (well except Stephanie's attitude :lmao: ) no no just kidding. Well at least she wants to go back though so that's a start. Well looking forward to more :thumbsup2

:scared1: Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!:scared1:

Shh!!! Don't tell her I told you, but I have caught Stephanie searching the DIS last night!:rolleyes1 Yep, she was caught 'red' handed, but of course I didn't bring it to her attention. I just acted like I didn't even notice, but I sure seen her. When she was finished reading the start of my trip report, she went on to search about upcoming events. One thing that caught her interest was the MVMCP in December! :woohoo:

Okay, I just had to tell you... Stephanie isn't a registered member (as of yet anyway) but she has been caught searching and reading posts. I think this is a good sign. :santa:

I will post a new installment tomorrow.

Keep reading Stephanie. You will become a DISSER afterall. popcorn::

Uh uh this TR is NOT getting kicked to the back of the class (ie, page 2). So....

::::::::::BUMP::::::::::::

That's great news! If only my DH would be planning Xmas trips to Disney....*swoon!* So the grumpy trip was worth it, as she is now a convert to the Disney way!!!

Can't wait to read more!

That's great news! If only my DH would be planning Xmas trips to Disney....*swoon!* So the grumpy trip was worth it, as she is now a convert to the Disney way!!!

Can't wait to read more!

the HUNT for a CATCHY title is still underway and I think you made a pretty good suggestion! "the grumpy trip" :lmao:

Thanks for reading. I promise I will post the next installment soon.

Oooh, I have really been enjoying this TR so far! I like the way you write and I am glad that you are honest. Sorry that Stephanie was a Grumpy Grumpkins the whole time, but at least she's finally starting to come around now! And as for being a 21-almost-22-year-old Disney dork... well, I'm a 20-almost-21-year-old Disney dork and I'm proud of it! (And all my friends know it too.)

Life the Dis way is the BEST way! :hippie: Can't wait for the next installment!

Hey Chris,

I just popped in to your trippie and am looking forward to reading more.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter