The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin!!!New 04/24/14 pg 19

Nice 5k race time! I am trying to get some of my friends together to do the PHM in 2016. I think that would be so much fun!

Great update. I ran a 5K once and my main goal was to just finish it. And I did.. but in 45 minutes. So your time was FANTASTIC. I want to get back into running. Maybe I should train for a Disney run...:scratchin

And your new dress is adorable!

Nice 5k race time! I am trying to get some of my friends together to do the PHM in 2016. I think that would be so much fun!

Thank you!

You should! That is such a great race weekend!

Great update. I ran a 5K once and my main goal was to just finish it. And I did.. but in 45 minutes. So your time was FANTASTIC. I want to get back into running. Maybe I should train for a Disney run...:scratchin

And your new dress is adorable!

That's still good! You should! Disney races are the best!

Thank you!

Congratulations on your run time! Very impressive!
Glad you enjoyed your Boma meal even with the poor service. When we were there in October for breakfast, we had the best service of our trip so it is just hit or miss. I loved the hot quinoa! I want to make it at home.
On your DCP TR you asked for bucket list suggestions and one of mine was the Wild Africa Trek and I see on this update that you are already considering it. My cousin (Moira222) did it on one of her trips and has pictures in her TR. her and her husband loved it.
Your views at CA Grill were wonderful! I want to eat there sometime. I would definitely get that dessert sampler. It was so cute.

I had caught up to the Night of the Drunkin' Punkin' but it seems I never commented! :guilty: I loved seeing the GF Gingerbread House going up! As usual your pictures wow and amaze me! They are just so good! What a great view at Cali Grille! I have contemplated trying CG but I'm afraid DH will scoff at the menu...and portion sizes. Oh there were so many things to comment on! Enjoyed all of the many updates to catch up!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your run time! Very impressive!
Glad you enjoyed your Boma meal even with the poor service. When we were there in October for breakfast, we had the best service of our trip so it is just hit or miss. I loved the hot quinoa! I want to make it at home.
On your DCP TR you asked for bucket list suggestions and one of mine was the Wild Africa Trek and I see on this update that you are already considering it. My cousin (Moira222) did it on one of her trips and has pictures in her TR. her and her husband loved it.
Your views at CA Grill were wonderful! I want to eat there sometime. I would definitely get that dessert sampler. It was so cute.

Thank you!

It's good to hear that, that type of service isn't the norm! I would love to make it at home but I know it wouldn't be the same!

I have seen some awesome pics of it so I am really considering it! If I can get a discount it will be booked in a heartbeat!

We had an amazing table! That's why I ordered it! As soon as I saw the new menu I knew I had to try it out!

I had caught up to the Night of the Drunkin' Punkin' but it seems I never commented! :guilty: I loved seeing the GF Gingerbread House going up! As usual your pictures wow and amaze me! They are just so good! What a great view at Cali Grille! I have contemplated trying CG but I'm afraid DH will scoff at the menu...and portion sizes. Oh there were so many things to comment on! Enjoyed all of the many updates to catch up!! :thumbsup2

It's okay!

Thank you!

It was a great table! My mom wasn't a huge fan of the menu but loved the flatbread!

Glad you enjoyed the updates!

After our dinner we headed here

We were going to see the Osbourne Lights! We weren't properly dressed like these guys though

We also saw some can canning Minnie's!

My pictures don't really do it justice you just have to go see it for yourself!

All of the Streets of America are covered in lights! I can't imagine what they looked like on the houses they came from!

I like this one because you can tell the girl in the Mickey Ears is very excited!

It's just amazing!

There are also hidden Mickeys throughout

Love the Mickey basketball!

Proof I was there :rotfl:

Santa was too!

Looks like Santa got in trouble!

I love the little puppies dressed up!

Could be my favorite photo

This is one cool chair!

At one point we just sat down and watched the lights dance. It is such a cool area and really puts you in the Christmas spirit!

Hanukkah is represented too

These windows were new since the last time I saw the lights!

This shows all of the roping so everyone is funneled in and out in one way

and the sign

Prep and landing!

After the lights we headed over to Jellyrolls for the second time this trip! My piano player was there and recognized me! He called me Courtney but that is close enough for me to not be too mad :rotfl2: We had a good time and headed back to our hotel!

Courtney? That's close enough. He got the C right! :rotfl2:

Thanks for posting all those Osbourne light pictures. You really captured a lot of great details. Nice job!

Okay, I had to get caught up here!

They took your fudge!? Okay.....that's just. I can't even. I do not understand TSA half the time. There's no consistency with any of them at all! We had 1/2 of the chocolate that we brought back with us from Belgium "disappear" once. During our layover in Philadelphia, TSA apparently searched our bags, and we had one of those tickets in it that said they did. And wouldn't you know. Most of our chocolate was gone. :mad::furious:

I'm sure finding gluten free food at the airport is super difficult! I was a vegetarian for 10 years of my life, and that was hard enough. I can't imagine gluten free is easy to find food with at all.

Boba Fett.....Boba Fett......where? :lmao:

The room is beautiful! I've never done Concierge at Boardwalk before, but it's one of my favorite DVC resorts. We'll be there in May for the bulk of the trip.

I could totally imagine that the bikes are hard to ride!

Wow, what a weird morning at Epcot! Everything being closed, I would have been grumbling about being able to sleep longer too.

I too am grateful for Starbucks as well. I would avoid the Nescrappe in the past, just because I'm not drinking coffee for the sake of drinking coffee. But Starbucks? Sign me up.

Wait, lining up for a Hanson show at 11am when it doesn't start until 6pm? Um, no.

We didn't adore our first visit to BOG either. We'll probably do it in November, since my friend is coming that hasn't been since she and I last went together in 2002!

Pictures certainly do not do justice to the dreamlights, you are correct.

Totally with you. The only Hanson song I know is MMMbop too. And that song annoyed me when it first came out. :rotfl2:

I bought the Maleficent ears! They're making their appearance on the trip in May.

Yup...I totally have Star Wars books too. :thumbsup2

Those Small World dolls are adorable! I wonder if they have a Dutch or Belgian one. My Mom would love that, since she immigrated from Belgium.

Monotone CM's will completely ruin the Great Movie Ride! My sentiments exactly, you work in Disney, cheer up!

Wow. That was a super long in the tooth Bugsy. Just weird!

I would love to be Mickey's friend in Fantasmic specifically. Because I love the part when the music starts at the beginning, and he dances with his hands in the air. I would LOVE THAT!

Wandering around aimlessly in Disney. Best pastime ever.

Ooohhh, the coriander chicken wings from Ohana are so good!

Yup. I was the wardrobe too based on the sheer loudness of my voice. And the fact that I have no shame and will make a fool out of myself at any time. :thumbsup2 No drunken punkin required. LOL

Best ride to do when you're happy? Spaceship Earth. I don't know what it is about it, but man. That ride is fun when you've been drinking.

Great pictures from the party! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Talking Mickey totally takes you by surprise! I'm telling you, I was a total goober too!

Totally with you on breakfast before races. I always eat just enough to give me a bit of energy. I don't over drink either. Otherwise I'm afraid of puking! :rotfl2:

Ooohh, quinoa. Love.

Dinner looks great at California Grill. I still haven't eaten there yet.

Hey, regardless of the fact he got your name wrong, your piano player did recognize you.

Okay, I had to get caught up here!

They took your fudge!? Okay.....that's just. I can't even. I do not understand TSA half the time. There's no consistency with any of them at all! We had 1/2 of the chocolate that we brought back with us from Belgium "disappear" once. During our layover in Philadelphia, TSA apparently searched our bags, and we had one of those tickets in it that said they did. And wouldn't you know. Most of our chocolate was gone. :mad::furious:

It was pretty ridiculous! What was worse was it was in a wrapped box and just got thrown away :headache:

That's horrible!

I'm sure finding gluten free food at the airport is super difficult! I was a vegetarian for 10 years of my life, and that was hard enough. I can't imagine gluten free is easy to find food with at all.

It's not but ya get used to it!

Boba Fett.....Boba Fett......where? :lmao:

The room is beautiful! I've never done Concierge at Boardwalk before, but it's one of my favorite DVC resorts. We'll be there in May for the bulk of the trip.

It's such a great resort! It was awesome being able to stay CL!

I could totally imagine that the bikes are hard to ride!

I didn't realize how hard it was :laughing:

Wow, what a weird morning at Epcot! Everything being closed, I would have been grumbling about being able to sleep longer too.

I too am grateful for Starbucks as well. I would avoid the Nescrappe in the past, just because I'm not drinking coffee for the sake of drinking coffee. But Starbucks? Sign me up.

I drank the cheap stuff too but am very happy for Starbucks!

Wait, lining up for a Hanson show at 11am when it doesn't start until 6pm? Um, no.

These people were nuts!

We didn't adore our first visit to BOG either. We'll probably do it in November, since my friend is coming that hasn't been since she and I last went together in 2002!

The first time was completely magical it just has gone down hill from what I am reading lately.

Pictures certainly do not do justice to the dreamlights, you are correct.

Totally with you. The only Hanson song I know is MMMbop too. And that song annoyed me when it first came out. :rotfl2:

I bought the Maleficent ears! They're making their appearance on the trip in May.

All night party perhaps?

Yup...I totally have Star Wars books too. :thumbsup2

Those Small World dolls are adorable! I wonder if they have a Dutch or Belgian one. My Mom would love that, since she immigrated from Belgium.

I think they only have a UK one :confused3

Monotone CM's will completely ruin the Great Movie Ride! My sentiments exactly, you work in Disney, cheer up!

Wow. That was a super long in the tooth Bugsy. Just weird!

I would love to be Mickey's friend in Fantasmic specifically. Because I love the part when the music starts at the beginning, and he dances with his hands in the air. I would LOVE THAT!

That is such an adorable part!

Wandering around aimlessly in Disney. Best pastime ever.

Ooohhh, the coriander chicken wings from Ohana are so good!

Yup. I was the wardrobe too based on the sheer loudness of my voice. And the fact that I have no shame and will make a fool out of myself at any time. :thumbsup2 No drunken punkin required. LOL

I can be a bit like that but give me a drink and I will be a lot louder :laughing:

Best ride to do when you're happy? Spaceship Earth. I don't know what it is about it, but man. That ride is fun when you've been drinking.

I can try it in May :laughing:

Great pictures from the party! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Talking Mickey totally takes you by surprise! I'm telling you, I was a total goober too!

Totally with you on breakfast before races. I always eat just enough to give me a bit of energy. I don't over drink either. Otherwise I'm afraid of puking! :rotfl2:

I usually have a water and then a piece of fruit. I have also been taking the Jelly Belly energy beans which are amazing!

Ooohh, quinoa. Love.

Dinner looks great at California Grill. I still haven't eaten there yet.

Hey, regardless of the fact he got your name wrong, your piano player did recognize you.

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

We were going to see the Osbourne Lights! We weren't properly dressed like these guys though

I noticed that in your "Proof I was here" photo.
Living in the north, I was shocked to see you without a coat! :laughing:

Proof I was there :rotfl:

Fake! Obviously photoshopped!

jk

Could be my favorite photo

Okay. I'll give you that one.
It's pretty darned cute.

After the lights we headed over to Jellyrolls for the second time this trip!

You didn't mention it.
Did you find the Black Cat?

My piano player was there and recognized me! He called me Courtney but that is close enough for me to not be too mad :rotfl2:

Courtney?? Courtney?!?!?

I would never make that mistake! :snooty:

(Yeah, right. I'm really bad with faces and names. If I bumped into you, I probably wouldn't recognize you! :sad2:)

We had a good time and headed back to our hotel!

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

I noticed that in your "Proof I was here" photo.
Living in the north, I was shocked to see you without a coat! :laughing:

:lmao: Yeah it was Florida in November it ranged from mild to hot the entire time we were there.

Fake! Obviously photoshopped!

jk

:rotfl:

Okay. I'll give you that one.
It's pretty darned cute.

Thank you!

You didn't mention it.
Did you find the Black Cat?

No we didn't really look to be honest. We were too wrapped up in the lights! I will have to check it out this year!

Courtney?? Courtney?!?!?

I would never make that mistake! :snooty:

(Yeah, right. I'm really bad with faces and names. If I bumped into you, I probably wouldn't recognize you! :sad2:)

:rotfl: He sees plenty of people each night!

I am horrible with names as well! When you bump in to DIS people you usually take a double take then say "is that so and so from the dis?"

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

Wow Caitlin! I think that each trip report is even better than the last. Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

So this is it! This is the last update of our November TR! I think this may be the quickest I ever finished a trip report considering my August DL trip is still going strong :rotfl:

This morning we woke up early and headed over to Downtown Disney to check out the Festival of the Master's! Our family has always been in to local artists and love going to the Ann Arbor Art Festival every year!

It was a beautiful sunny morning in DTD!

We first stopped to see how the Star Wars area was coming along!

It looked just about finished!

We then found these amazing chalk drawings! So much talent!

It was very cool being able to see these!

Just thinking a high schooler did this one is nuts!

I am so jealous of all this talent! I have always wanted to be more artistic but unfortunately I was not given that gene. My dad is an amazing artist but I can barely draw a stick figure :sad2:

After looking at the art for a bit we had to make a stop for a special treat for me

I got a red velvet cupcake! I am very upset they are closing Babycakes!!

Then we headed over to the other side to see what was going on over there

We peeked in to D Street

and also checked out Splitsville which was nicely decorated for Xmas!

and that's it for the pictures! We roamed around DTD and mom picked me up a pair of decorated Toms which she put away for Xmas. These Toms have Yoda and Darth Vader's face on them! Mom ended up picking up a couple of prints and we grabbed lunch at Wolfgang Puck. After that it was time to head home! Our flight was a bit late arriving but nothing too eventful and we were home in MI!

I just want to thank you all for following along! If you can't get enough of our adventures we have two other TRs going right now

How Much Was It?!?! The Tale of Our Best Trip Ever!

This is our Disneyland trip we took in August.

I also have

For the first time in forever... I don't have to go home!

Which is all about my experience joining the Disney College Program and will be a live report once I get there!

You can also follow me on instagram tizzie_lish
Follow me on Twitter @caitlinbu
and if you want me on Facebook message me and I will add you!

I hope to see you on my other TRs and thank you again for following along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter