The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin!!!New 04/24/14 pg 19

Pure heaven....that's the way I think the World looks when it's decked out in all it's Christmas Glory! The JC pics are adorable!

We too booked the dessert party for our upcoming trip for the exact same reason.....and chocolate covered strawberries are our favourite food on earth so that ran a close second!

I agree! It was a cute overlay just wish they had done more!

Those are good reasons!

Beautiful castle pictures! I love the aqua colored with the ice - absolutely gorgeous!
I was wondering when "drunken pumpkin" would come into play. I completely understand the effects of the Lapu Lapu - those things are strong (but really good)!
So that was it for the jingle jungle cruise? I guess I was expecting something more to it.
Very cute picture with the three ducks!

Thank you!

Truth! I can't wait to have another :rotfl2:

Us too!

Thank you!

So I am beat today which means a lot of sitting around so why not write an update?

Why am I beat you might ask?

I ran my first half marathon today!!! I did pretty well time wise and I plan on doing the Disney Half Marathon in 2015! :thumbsup2 It was very therapeutic and I am very proud of myself!!

Back to the TR!

After our dessert party we decided to try and find a spot closer to the Castle to watch the Christmas show from!

I would say we got a good spot!

We didn't have to wait long before it was time for it to begin! There was one incident here though. There were a lot of strollers and everyone, thankfully, was sitting down for the show. Well one lady decided she should be able to go meet up with the rest of her family with her stroller in an area that was packed in. Nobody let her in despite her trying to roll us over which I consider a good thing. I understand having your family grab seats but make sure to save an area for yourself! Don't try to come in at the last second to get a spot in a packed area!

I started off with our regular lens

Which looked alright

But there were a lot of heads in my way!

The whole show revolves around the Fab 5 singing Christmas songs so it definitely gets you in the spirit!

I was really getting sick of the sea of heads so I decided to get the close up lens out and wow! A complete difference for the better!

That guys face :lmao:

Idk who is cuter these guys or Duffy?!

Maybe these guys!

Now we all know where Ryan Evans from High School Musical ended up!

Holiday-y Pluto :thumbsup2

Time for the Nutcracker ballet

That is some skill!

and of course we have to have the nutcracker

I love this pic!! True love!!

and ya know Donald has to get in to it!

and our favorite chipmunks!

Something was funny!

and Michael Jackson Goofy

That dancer seriously makes the best faces!

Santa's elves

Do you want to build a snowman?

and here come the pictures I am most proud of!

Unfortunately where we sat for the show was cut off for the parade :sad2: We were told to move at the very last minute so we weren't too hopeful about getting a great spot :sad1: We decided to head down the street to see what was open

We found a great spot right on the curb in front of the train station!

The parade started shortly after and they had penguins!!!!

Oh and Mickey

and of course Donald and Daisy!

She looks fabulous!

it ain't a party without Cinderella!

and Beast!

Goofy always brings the party treats!

The not really seen buddy Horace

This float smells so good!

I'm pretty sure it was this guy who fell off his horse during it and the hardest time trying to catch up and get back on it!

The toys are back in town!

My favorite part of the parade besides the penguins

and Santa is at the end of the parade!

We were getting tired by this point so we decided to head somewhere close by.

To see Mickey!! Now I apologize for looking like a total goober in these pics but this was my first time meeting talking Mickey! When Mickey talks to you for the first time just try to look cool!

I can tell you my friends it's impossible! It's talking Mickey Mouse! He is talking!

Instead of the generic stuff guess what Mickey and I talked about?!

The HAUNTED MANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it was amazing!

He asks me if I know the house on the hill in Liberty Square.
Um yes Mickey
Have you been in there I hear it's haunted?!
Yes Mickey I was just there earlier!

That picture was us looking for ghosts since you know they have hitchhiking ghosts there.

Then Mickey suggest we pose like hitchhiking ghosts

and Mickey just was in total awe of my hitchhiking thumb that he couldn't compete :thumbsup2 or else mom just was too slow either way.

and this is the look of pure joy on a 23 year old's face

After I had the best character meet and greet of my entire life we tried to find Jack Sparrow but he was nowhere to be found :confused3

Up next our last full day!

we got a snack and decided to just relax and wait for the show

These things are really popular. During MNSSHP last year we had someone from back home call us asking to get her two for her children to use to trick or treat with at Halloween.

had gotten tickets to the dessert party!
This really is one of the best spots in MK to watch the fireworks.

Great pics of the Christmas show too.

To see Mickey!! Now I apologize for looking like a total goober in these pics but this was my first time meeting talking Mickey! When Mickey talks to you for the first time just try to look cool!
and Mickey just was in total awe of my hitchhiking thumb that he couldn't compete :thumbsup2 or else mom just was too slow either way.

After I had the best character meet and greet of my entire life we tried to find Jack Sparrow but he was nowhere to be found :confused3
Love this pic!

First of all - Congrats on your 1/2 marathon!!!! :cool1: I know you haven't been running that long and its such a great accomplishment! I didn't really start running seriously until I was in my 30's. You are the perfect age to just keep going with it! You should be very proud of yourself. I know it won't be long until you are doing your first marathon!

What a great night at the Christmas party. I swear you really did pick such a perfect week! I have GOT to get there that same week. I totally need the crossover from Halloween to Christmas. (Ok - I probably said that once or twice already.)

Your pictures from the show are wonderful. The distance lens really eliminated all those photo bombers. Don't you just hate when you can't get away from the heads?

And your parade pics are lovely!

And the pictures with you and Talking Mickey are just too cute!

Great update! :thumbsup2

These things are really popular. During MNSSHP last year we had someone from back home call us asking to get her two for her children to use to trick or treat with at Halloween.

This really is one of the best spots in MK to watch the fireworks.

Great pics of the Christmas show too.

Love this pic!

I loved the Halloween ones they had last year! I hope they have the same ones this year!

Agreed!

Thank you!

First of all - Congrats on your 1/2 marathon!!!! :cool1: I know you haven't been running that long and its such a great accomplishment! I didn't really start running seriously until I was in my 30's. You are the perfect age to just keep going with it! You should be very proud of yourself. I know it won't be long until you are doing your first marathon!

What a great night at the Christmas party. I swear you really did pick such a perfect week! I have GOT to get there that same week. I totally need the crossover from Halloween to Christmas. (Ok - I probably said that once or twice already.)

Your pictures from the show are wonderful. The distance lens really eliminated all those photo bombers. Don't you just hate when you can't get away from the heads?

And your parade pics are lovely!

And the pictures with you and Talking Mickey are just too cute!

Great update! :thumbsup2

Yeah I was talking to someone last night and I realized it's only been about three years since I really started taking it seriously! My mom mentioned in the car on the way home that the middle school version of me who hated being on the track team would be shocked :lmao: I am! I think I will try doing a couple more halfs next year then in 2016 do my first full marathon :thumbsup2

You have! :rotfl: It was a perfect week! I am very excited for this year because there is a party on my birthday!

I do hate that!

Thank you!

It was such a cool meet and greet!

Great pictures. Loved the Talking Mickey pictures. Very cute.
Thank you!

I ran my first half marathon today!!! I did pretty well time wise and I plan on doing the Disney Half Marathon in 2015! :thumbsup2 It was very therapeutic and I am very proud of myself!!

Congrats!
The closest I've come to doing a half marathon would be that time I tried to watch a Godfather marathon on TV and only got about halfway through.

I would say we got a good spot!

No kidding!

There was one incident here though. There were a lot of strollers and everyone, thankfully, was sitting down for the show. Well one lady decided she should be able to go meet up with the rest of her family with her stroller in an area that was packed in. Nobody let her in despite her trying to roll us over which I consider a good thing. I understand having your family grab seats but make sure to save an area for yourself! Don't try to come in at the last second to get a spot in a packed area!

I think a lot of people are starting to get a little fed up with people assuming they're more important than anyone else.
They're starting to get a whole lot less tolerant of that kind of stuff.

I started off with our regular lens

I was really getting sick of the sea of heads so I decided to get the close up lens out and wow! A complete difference for the better!

Agreed! What's the focal length of your lenses?
Is your camera APS-C or full frame?

That guys face :lmao:

And he looks like he's looking right atcha!
"Look at that girl's lens!"

Do you want to build a snowman?

NO!
Sorry, just a little touchy about snow, right now.
soooooooo sick of snow and winter
and apparently... it's never, ever going to end.

ever.

and here come the pictures I am most proud of!

You should be. Excellent shots! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately where we sat for the show was cut off for the parade

We found a great spot right on the curb in front of the train station!

Lucky!

it ain't a party without Cinderella!

Just out of curiosity... what would it be, if she wasn't there?

The not really seen buddy Horace

I would imagine that Clarabelle isn't seen that often either.

and Santa is at the end of the parade!

Does he say anything? Or just "Ho Ho Ho"?

Now I apologize for looking like a total goober in these pics but this was my first time meeting talking Mickey! When Mickey talks to you for the first time just try to look cool!

I can tell you my friends it's impossible! It's talking Mickey Mouse! He is talking!

OMG! :lmao: You look so shocked! :rotfl2:

Instead of the generic stuff guess what Mickey and I talked about?!

The HAUNTED MANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it was amazing!

All right!!! Best subject choice ever!

Awwwwwww......
So happy for you.

Up next our last full day!

Thanks for this! Awesome as always! :goodvibes

Congrats!
The closest I've come to doing a half marathon would be that time I tried to watch a Godfather marathon on TV and only got about halfway through.

:rotfl: Yeah it's just a bit different than that :thumbsup2 I didn't see any horse heads along my route :rotfl2:

No kidding!

I think a lot of people are starting to get a little fed up with people assuming they're more important than anyone else.
They're starting to get a whole lot less tolerant of that kind of stuff.

Agreed!

Agreed! What's the focal length of your lenses?
Is your camera APS-C or full frame?

No clue :rotfl2: My dad keeps track of that stuff and he isn't here so I can't ask.

And he looks like he's looking right atcha!
"Look at that girl's lens!"

:rotfl2:

NO!
Sorry, just a little touchy about snow, right now.
soooooooo sick of snow and winter
and apparently... it's never, ever going to end.

ever.

It's done here for right now *fingers crossed*

You should be. Excellent shots! :thumbsup2

Thank you!
Lucky!

Just out of curiosity... what would it be, if she wasn't there?

Hmm well if she wasn't there it would just be a get together.

I would imagine that Clarabelle isn't seen that often either.

Does he say anything? Or just "Ho Ho Ho"?

He says things like Merry Christmas and some other stuff that I can't think of right now but I know he says more than ho ho ho.

OMG! :lmao: You look so shocked! :rotfl2:

I was!

All right!!! Best subject choice ever!

Awwwwwww......
So happy for you.

Thank you!

Thanks for this! Awesome as always! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

Beautiful pictures! I love night photos that come out well. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that skill:confused3. You are too cute in those Mickey photos! How great that now he will be your boss!

Beautiful pictures! I love night photos that come out well. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that skill:confused3. You are too cute in those Mickey photos! How great that now he will be your boss!

Thank you!

I am lucky to have an easy to use camera :laughing:

Thank you! I know!! I can't wait to see him again!

When I last left off we had, had a late night at the Christmas Party! This morning I had my Jingle Jungle 5k and had to be up early. Mom was going to try and make it but was too tired so we agreed to meet up at breakfast after.

Pre-Race Selfie

It was another great Disney run! They had the Animal Kingdom all set up for Christmas and at the starting line it snowed! Not real snow just the fake stuff. They also had Baloo, King Louie and Donald along the race route to pose with, with festive Jingle Jungle Parade floats! It was a lot of fun and I ran it in 24 minutes! My best 5k yet!

While I was finishing off my run mom was arriving here

For those of you that can't guess she was at the Animal Kingdom Lodge! I never eat a big breakfast for a race so I always end up eating after. This morning our breakfast was going to be at Boma!

I have always wanted to try out the AKL restaurants but we had a bad experience at the Mara one time and did not like the food so we have been hesitant to return. We figured breakfast would be a safe bet though!

I got these babies

They were all gluten free and so good!

We had a really unattentive waitress but I really enjoyed the food! I want to go back for some more of the hot quinoa!

After our breakfast we headed to

The Animal Kingdom of course!

I love their decorations!

Our first stop was

and

Kilimanjaro Safaris!!

I was excited to try out the further lens and see if it made any difference

According to this next picture I think it did!

I am thinking the Wild Safari Trek may be my Birthday/Christmas present to myself this year :rolleyes1 I think it would be very cool to try out!

Although I would be a bit afraid walking over these guys

I always love seeing the cattle

I think their horns are so cooL!

A safari isn't a safari without an elephant or two

If there were no elephants it would just be a lame ride in a truck :laughing:

For once you can kinda see the cheetahs!

The lions were fast asleep of course but these guys were up and ready to pose!

as were these guys

This one had too much energy and was running around in circles! :laughing:

It was so funny!

Here he goes again

Once our ride was over we headed in to the gift shop

We didn't get anything but did enjoy seeing more Christmas decorations!

We headed back out in to the park

and watched these guys

It's so cool seeing them grip the ropes with their toes!

Our stop was going to be

Expedition Everest

I went on it once then decided we had to go visit our favorite AKL ride!

Yes we love Dinosaur as some of you know! Our last trip report was named after the "They're not gonna make!!" part of the ride :laughing:

We headed to Hester and Chester's because I love the gift shop there!

I also love cheesy Christmas decorations and dinosaurs

We weren't sure what else we wanted to do since we had thoroughly explored the trails in May and I was a bit beat!

Well when in doubt

Ya eat! That was mom's snack

I got a hummus snack pack from the allergy cart along with a gluten free hard cider! It was very yummy!

I had not had a chance to change after the race so we headed back to the hotel so I could get cleaned up before we headed to

The Magic Kingdom

That place will always hold a special spot in my heart after that amazing meet!

Now at some point we went back to DTD and I found that they had not closed Curl just moved it! Here I am modeling my new dress

We decided to take a tour on the train

I really like this picture!

and this one

So again I will complain about the FP+ system

LOOK AT THIS LINE PEOPLE! Once you have fast passes for all of the big rides and can't get any more you ride a walk on ride. So yea COP is now a wait. :scared:

We ended up just mainly exploring the park since we had used our FP+ at AK

You know it's the end of trip when my picture taking ends so I will end up finishing off most of the day today :laughing:

Our dinner reservation was one I was very excited about and it was here

This would be our first time at Cali Grille!

It had just undergone a rennovation and I, being a huge sushi lover, had to check it out. There was also a dessert I really wanted to try!

We had a great table and our waiter was so nice!

I tried Angry Orchard Ginger Cider for the first time!

It was delicious and I have since bought a pack for home!

I started my meal with

Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad - Baby Greens, Asian Pear, Red Onions, Soy Reduction, Wasabi Cream. I couldn't have the Soy Reduction or the Wasabi cream though so I just substituted with a vinagrette.

Mom had

Baby Romaine - Roasted Garlic Dressing, Boquerones, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Brioche Croutons

At least I think that's what it is :confused3:laughing:

We really enjoyed gazing out the window and reflecting on the great vacation we had :hug:

When our meal came I had ordered

Tuna and lemon zest sushi

Mom ordered

Oven-dried Tomato Flatbread - Beefsteak Tomatoes, Mozzarella di Bufala, Aged Balsamic

We both enjoyed our meals!

but dessert was a favorite

It just looks so cute!

Sundae Sampler - Unique and playful Sundaes with a nostalgic twist: Caramel Corn, Coke Float, and Strawberry and Basil

Mom had the coke float and a bite of the other two and I focused on the other two. The carmel one was amazing!

After we were done we took some pictures around the restaurant

Next up Osbourne Lights!

When I last left off we had, had a late night at the Christmas Party! This morning I had my Jingle Jungle 5k and had to be up early.

That must've been rough... or were you pumped enough that it wasn't bad?

Someone looks rarin' to go!
604048d1326741214-hyt-new-dawn-watchmaking-smiley_running.gif

They had the Animal Kingdom all set up for Christmas and at the starting line it snowed!

That's cool! You're not going to get that anywhere else.

I ran it in 24 minutes! My best 5k yet!

Congrats!
Not to brag, but I can do 5K quicker than 24 minutes.

Depends on how fast I drive, of course.
In Europe, I did 5K in under a minute and a half.

We had a really unattentive waitress but I really enjoyed the food! I want to go back for some more of the hot quinoa!

Were there any "odd" items at breakfast?
Like, other than the standard fare?

I was excited to try out the further lens and see if it made any difference

"further lens"

I love it when you talk technical. :lmao:

Although I would be a bit afraid walking over these guys

You mean like this?

I'm at work, so I hope that link worked...

I always love seeing the cattle

Yes. Very mooving.

Sorry.

A safari isn't a safari without an elephant or two

If there were no elephants it would just be a lame ride in a truck :laughing:

:laughing:

For once you can kinda see the cheetahs!

Cheetahs never prosper...

Geez, what is wrong with me today? :sad2:

This one had too much energy and was running around in circles! :laughing:

Reminds me of a certain someone who likes running 5Ks and taking pictures.

No one in particular... :rolleyes1:

Ya eat! That was mom's snack

I love pretzels... and have never had one of those.
It's on the list.

we headed back to the hotel so I could get cleaned up

Here I am modeling my new dress

You clean up nice, girl!
First thing I noticed, though? Your nails!

So again I will complain about the FP+ system

LOOK AT THIS LINE PEOPLE! Once you have fast passes for all of the big rides and can't get any more you ride a walk on ride. So yea COP is now a wait. :scared:

Ouch. Looks like they have more wrinkles to iron out still.

Very nice picture of a lovely young lady.

Next up Osbourne Lights!

Thanks for the update!

I love this one! Beautiful!

What a great, really full day!

Congrats on the 5K. That's a great time. My fastest 5K time ever was 23:10. I am sure I couldn't get anywhere close to that now. Cute running outfit.

Beautiful pics at AK. Don't you just love the cheetahs? They are so bonded. They are always together.

Yay for closing out the afternoon at MK and for your first visit to Cali. I never really considered that limiting FP+'s could have a trickle down effect on the less popular ride. I sort of figured they would still be distributing the same number.

I love Cali Grill and I LOVE sushi. I love the tables near the window. What a great view.

That must've been rough... or were you pumped enough that it wasn't bad?

I was pumped enough it wasn't that bad. I usually wake up pretty early no matter how late I stay up and I was in Disney :thumbsup2

Someone looks rarin' to go!
604048d1326741214-hyt-new-dawn-watchmaking-smiley_running.gif

I was!

That's cool! You're not going to get that anywhere else.

During one of my Michigan races possibly :rotfl:

Congrats!
Not to brag, but I can do 5K quicker than 24 minutes.

Depends on how fast I drive, of course.
In Europe, I did 5K in under a minute and a half.

:rolleyes::sad2:

Were there any "odd" items at breakfast?
Like, other than the standard fare?

There were some special items I just can't remember much off the top of my head :confused3 I was starving this morning :rotfl:

"further lens"

I love it when you talk technical. :lmao:

Thank you :snooty:

You mean like this?

I'm at work, so I hope that link worked...

:scared:

Yes. Very mooving.

Sorry.

:rotfl2:

:laughing:

Cheetahs never prosper...

Geez, what is wrong with me today? :sad2:

It's okay who doesn't like oldie but goodie jokes?!

Reminds me of a certain someone who likes running 5Ks and taking pictures.

No one in particular... :rolleyes1:

I run them with that same look on my face too!

I love pretzels... and have never had one of those.
It's on the list.

You would enjoy it! Everything tastes better when it is shaped like Mickey!

You clean up nice, girl!
First thing I noticed, though? Your nails!

Thank you! They had a birthday balloon design on them :thumbsup2

Ouch. Looks like they have more wrinkles to iron out still.

They do! I think they are planning on rolling it out so park hopping is taken in to account and allowing you to get more than three :confused3

Very nice picture of a lovely young lady.

Thank you!

Thanks for the update!

Thank you for reading!

I love this one! Beautiful!

What a great, really full day!

Congrats on the 5K. That's a great time. My fastest 5K time ever was 23:10. I am sure I couldn't get anywhere close to that now. Cute running outfit.

Beautiful pics at AK. Don't you just love the cheetahs? They are so bonded. They are always together.

Yay for closing out the afternoon at MK and for your first visit to Cali. I never really considered that limiting FP+'s could have a trickle down effect on the less popular ride. I sort of figured they would still be distributing the same number.

I love Cali Grill and I LOVE sushi. I love the tables near the window. What a great view.

Thank you!

It was!

Thank you! That's a very good time! I have one next month that I think will go really well considering I have trained for half :yay: What you can't see in the pic are the lion king leggings I was wearing :rotfl:

They are cute!

Well at least when it came to our park days we would get more than three fast passes in a day. Now that you can't it just seems like everyone is going to walk on rides instead rather than waiting in a long line for the popular rides.

I agree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter