The Honeymoon "Fantasies" are made of! *PTR*

kmaria

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I've been around the boards for quite awhile, but mostly in lurker form! This will be my first Trip Report and therefore, my first PTR.

The Occasion: Honeymoon! :lovestruc My Fiance and I are getting married December 7, 2013. Our Honeymoon at this point will feature 7 nights on the Fantasy, and hopefully a few park nights can be added before the cruise, budget allowing!

When: December 14 - 21, 2013

What: Yet to be determined amount of park nights at POFQ prior to cruise, and a 7 night Fantasy Cruise, Eastern Caribbean- Itinerary A. Which means we will be stopping in St. Maarten, St. Thomas/St.John, U.S. Virgin Islands and of course, Castaway Cay! We are on Deck 6 in stateroom 6072. :)

Introductions

062.jpg

Me - Kristi - 26 :cutie:

Fiance - Bobby - 23 :groom:

I've been to Disney before, but never on a cruise. And Bobby has been on a cruise before, but never to Disney! I've also never been to Disney during a holiday season, so if we do get a chance to make it to some of the parks (crossing my fingers!) I am super excited to experience them like that. If we can't for some reason, I am still going to make sure we get to DTD.

We have an awful long time to go, but I'm hoping that starting this PTR will give me an edge on dealing with all the anxious anticipation! I haven't even booked my wedding hall yet :laughing: What is more important than the honeymoon?? Yeah, probably the marriage license! Oh well ;). If you choose to follow along, thank you, and Welcome!

Happy Sunday folks :cutie:

I have some good news and some not so great news. DF and I were planning on moving in together this coming June. We ran and re-ran the numbers, and we knew we would be tight (including after savings for wedding & honeymoon) but thought it would be worth it. So the not so good news is that yesterday we decided to suck it up for another year and a half to pack money away for the wedding. This is a big deal because I have just finished paying off a lot of past debt and I will finally have decent money again, and I will be able to either 1. pay rent or 2. save mad money! ;)

It's killing me because my living situation at home is not ideal (I live with my father and he works midnights so he is always sleeping during the day - and he sleeps on the couch in the living room because he got used to it when he had to because of a broken wrist!) so it's hard for me to get anything done at home, plus I come home from DF's at night after driving the half hour home to an empty house, which I HATE!

But anyway... i'm going to suck it up because this means we will definitely be able to afford adding on..... PARK DAYS! :dance3:

Hopefully at AKL, but if not we will probably go with POFQ.

Next up, some background information about me & DF and the things I am most looking forward to as a first time cruiser!!

So, last time I said I'd give some background information about Bobby and myself. We met in a graphic design course in college. This was all done by a miracle of God because I, as an English Major (professional writing & editing was my major) found myself in an art course. I was the ONLY one. Talk about a fish out of water. I needed to fulfill "other studies" requirements, and I'd always enjoyed web design and making graphics for things so that's how I landed there. I'm pretty sure I wasn't really even supposed to be in that class, I magically slipped by some pre-reqs.

And get this, the building we met in is named "Bliss Hall" ;)

Anyway! After a semester of staring at him shamelessly and potentially gaining creeper status (I thought I had nothing to lose because I never thought he'd actually be interested!) We started dating December 10, 2008 and the following December he proposed. Talk about a long engagement! This waiting has been hard on me lol.

Now, as a first time cruiser... I'm looking forward to, well... everything. The dining experience is definitely something I am looking forward to, because eating is a major highlight of life, right? I can't decide whether I want to ask to be seated separately or to let it go and be seated with table mates.

We're also tossing around the idea of only doing a three night cruise so we can spend MORE time in the parks... because before it was more affordable to just do the cruise. But now it WILL be affordable to stay in the parks longer thanks to a raise I just got :banana: and we can't exactly take a month off for our honeymoon... so we have some thinking to do! Either way, we're doing both still. Just gotta figure out the where and the when. Hopefully it will be a solid plan soon, because I am ready to start obsessing over details!!

Good luck making your decisions. I'm sure it'll be an amazing trip either way you go.

Congrats! What a beautiful couple! Ive heard many say to do cruise first then wdw its not quite as depressing when its time to go home that way!

I say book pofq that way its more affordable and leaves more money for more days or SOUVENIERS!! lol

Good luck making your decisions. I'm sure it'll be an amazing trip either way you go.

Thank you! I'm sure you're right :)

Congrats! What a beautiful couple! Ive heard many say to do cruise first then wdw its not quite as depressing when its time to go home that way!

I say book pofq that way its more affordable and leaves more money for more days or SOUVENIERS!! lol

Aw thank you :) We just decided on POFQ today!! And it's saving us about $1,300! Definitely a plus. And I never thought of it like that before.... I figured it would be more restful if we did the cruise last, because running around disney is exhausting! But you're probably right... I think either way we will be depressed though, haha!!

We finally decided!!! We added 6 nights at POFQ to our plans!! WOOHOO!! We wanted to add a smaller cruise and stay in the parks longer... but during the month of December there were no three or four night cruises on the Fantasy! And I had my heart set on that ship. So I sure hope I'm not disappointed with the cruise experience as a first timer and don't just end up wishing I could go back to the parks!

I think your plans are perfect! 6 days is great for wdw and then u can rest on the ship! We were suppose to have a huge vow renewal at GF this sept my ds 18 is coming into money but its been delayed so we are just doing 7 day cruise on fantasy, had to get my disney fix! I was fortunate to hsve 3 disney trips in 2011 a weekend in june in cbr, 7 nights poly cl in sept and a weekend at cr for mvmcp for dd15 bday...still gonna miss wdw tho..

I think your plans are perfect! 6 days is great for wdw and then u can rest on the ship! We were suppose to have a huge vow renewal at GF this sept my ds 18 is coming into money but its been delayed so we are just doing 7 day cruise on fantasy, had to get my disney fix! I was fortunate to hsve 3 disney trips in 2011 a weekend in june in cbr, 7 nights poly cl in sept and a weekend at cr for mvmcp for dd15 bday...still gonna miss wdw tho..

I'm so excited for you! Renewing your vows at GF would have been awesome but it's great you still get to cruise! I really miss Disney, I go through stages where I read the DIS and trip reports constantly, and then get sad because I have no upcoming trips and have to stop for awhile haha... it's strange. I know I won't make it there until our honeymoon, so I have a lot of waiting to do!

Are you going to do a trip report for your upcoming cruise??? I would love to read about your experience!

We're going to be on this cruise as well! Haven't decided on adding some Disney Days pre-boarding, though a FQ or AKL stay is very tempting. :)

We are on this sailing as well. We just got off the Dream and stayed at POFQ after our cruise. :)

Our servers on the Dream mentioned how worn out the kids are after doing the parks first so they thought doing it afterwards was a good choice with our kids. I have to say running around the parks was a lot more stressful after getting off the wonderful cruise. I think your order is better. I'm debating adding a day or two at the parks to do the Christmas Party as well. I think the kids would LOVE to see the lights at Hollywood and the Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.

What a magical time of the year to be married!

The Occasion: Honeymoon! :lovestruc My Fiance and I are getting married December 7, 2013. Our Honeymoon at this point will feature 7 nights on the Fantasy, and hopefully a few park nights can be added before the cruise, budget allowing!

When: December 8 - 21, 2013

What: 6 nights at POFQ with the dining plan and a 7 night Fantasy Cruise, Eastern Caribbean- Itinerary A. Which means we will be stopping in St. Maarten, St. Thomas/St.John, U.S. Virgin Islands and of course, Castaway Cay!

Congrats!!! What a great time of year to be married. I often thought about getting married at Christmas time, but chose August instead. Christmas is waaayyyy more prettier:goodvibes

Here is the weird thing...I am also going to be on this cruise. I am starting to investigate anything that has to do with Christmas on the Dis and I love reading TR's and seeing pics at that time of year. So it is tooo funny that I clicked on a pre TR for someone I will be traveling with. Cant wait to read all about your planning over the next year or so....I just love weddings!!!:)

So excited for you!!!! What a magical time of year to get married and the day after my birthday...hehe Also I will be cruising with you. Dec 14th Fantasy right? You should come join our Meet thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2819954 So excited to read along with you and your plans....this can make our year and 10 months go faster!!!!

I think you are going to love cruising. This Fantasy cruise will be our 6th and we love it!!

Great way to spend your honeymoon. On my last Disney cruise a couple got married on the island, in a beautiful gown and tux. Afterwrds they walked along the beach and waved to everybody.

We're going to be on this cruise as well! Haven't decided on adding some Disney Days pre-boarding, though a FQ or AKL stay is very tempting. :)

Woohoo! I'm excited for us! :goodvibes

We are on this sailing as well. We just got off the Dream and stayed at POFQ after our cruise. :)

Our servers on the Dream mentioned how worn out the kids are after doing the parks first so they thought doing it afterwards was a good choice with our kids. I have to say running around the parks was a lot more stressful after getting off the wonderful cruise. I think your order is better. I'm debating adding a day or two at the parks to do the Christmas Party as well. I think the kids would LOVE to see the lights at Hollywood and the Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.

What a magical time of the year to be married!

I am definitely in favor of adding the park days :thumbsup2 That is encouraging to hear your advice from the server. I think it will work best as well! I really can't wait to experience Disney at Christmas time. We're trying not to make the theme of our wedding too "christmassy"-- i'm thinking of a narnia effect, more like lots of snow inspired things/pine rather than poinsettas and ornaments :) I only hope it SNOWS that year. This Christmas in my part of Ohio we've had barely any snow to speak of. It will definitely pretty things up :)

Congrats!!! What a great time of year to be married. I often thought about getting married at Christmas time, but chose August instead. Christmas is waaayyyy more prettier:goodvibes

Here is the weird thing...I am also going to be on this cruise. I am starting to investigate anything that has to do with Christmas on the Dis and I love reading TR's and seeing pics at that time of year. So it is tooo funny that I clicked on a pre TR for someone I will be traveling with. Cant wait to read all about your planning over the next year or so....I just love weddings!!!:)

Thank you! How fun!!! It's exciting to hear that so many of you responding will be on this cruise! Thanks for clicking and responding :goodvibes I have been trying to do lots of investigating too so if you read any awesome tips please let me know :)

So excited for you!!!! What a magical time of year to get married and the day after my birthday...hehe Also I will be cruising with you. Dec 14th Fantasy right? You should come join our Meet thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2819954 So excited to read along with you and your plans....this can make our year and 10 months go faster!!!!

I think you are going to love cruising. This Fantasy cruise will be our 6th and we love it!!

Thank you!! It's funny you mention that, lots of people have mentioned it's their birthday, someone else's birthday or their own wedding anniversary haha!! Thank you for sharing that thread, I will definitely hop on over there. I admit I felt silly starting this so soon, but it was my hope that it would help with all of that jittery anticipation :) How awesome for you to have cruised so many times! I hope our experience makes us love it that much. Hopefully I don't learn I get sea sick...:laughing: Thanks for checking out my PTR and following along :)

Great way to spend your honeymoon. On my last Disney cruise a couple got married on the island, in a beautiful gown and tux. Afterwrds they walked along the beach and waved to everybody.

That would have been so great to witness! I am thinking it will definitely be the perfect way to end a frantic week at the parks. Although hopefully we will just take it easy and won't feel the need to rush around! That's the goal anyway... :)

Woohoo! I'm excited for us! :goodvibes

Are you doing early or late dining? Right now we're signed up for early since I read it was harder to get in to but I'm afraid it'll be all kids! But eating at 8ish seems really late. I've read that people in their 20s are the least likely to cruise but I still hope we'll get people close to our age at our table.

Are you doing early or late dining? Right now we're signed up for early since I read it was harder to get in to but I'm afraid it'll be all kids! But eating at 8ish seems really late. I've read that people in their 20s are the least likely to cruise but I still hope we'll get people close to our age at our table.

Bobby wants the first one, but I had the same reservations about it as you! I keep saying "maybe we should request seating for 2?" and he's like "oh come on..." haha... he would rather have table mates, I think. I feel like if I do request seating for just the 2 of us, we will probably miss out on great experiences with other people, or get bored just looking at each other while people around us laugh and have fun. But at the same time i'm afraid if I don't, we'll have a bad experience! LOL.. It's kind of a tough decision to make!

Bobby wants the first one, but I had the same reservations about it as you! I keep saying "maybe we should request seating for 2?" and he's like "oh come on..." haha... he would rather have table mates, I think. I feel like if I do request seating for just the 2 of us, we will probably miss out on great experiences with other people, or get bored just looking at each other while people around us laugh and have fun. But at the same time i'm afraid if I don't, we'll have a bad experience! LOL.. It's kind of a tough decision to make!

Kristi -- here is my suggestion. Since you have joined our thread, and we have over a year and a half to chat in there...maybe you will find a couple in there that you think you would enjoy sitting with. Then just link your ressie's and you can sit at a 4 topper for dinner. Hope this helps...past experience talking here...LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter