The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

Still 69 days to go but I'm checking my booking twice a day, even if I perfectly know it's not gonna happen for another few weeks probably ...
Shouldn't have gone the GTY way, not good for my nerves ! :worship:

I'm so confused….so when I made my reservation, I was assigned cabin 8598 on the Magic. Am I understanding that this may not be the cabin we actually get? Could they move me into another room within the same category (4E) or possibly upgrade me? Sorry…so confused!!! :confused3

I'm so confused….so when I made my reservation, I was assigned cabin 8598 on the Magic. Am I understanding that this may not be the cabin we actually get? Could they move me into another room within the same category (4E) or possibly upgrade me? Sorry…so confused!!! :confused3

If that's the cabin you were assigned then that should be the cabin you get unless DCL needs to move you. The folks that are posting on this thread booked "GTY" which means they are guaranteed at least the category that they booked but they could be upgraded. When booking GTY you are not assigned a cabin number until 45-60 days before you sail. HTH :)

If that's the cabin you were assigned then that should be the cabin you get unless DCL needs to move you. The folks that are posting on this thread booked "GTY" which means they are guaranteed at least the category that they booked but they could be upgraded. When booking GTY you are not assigned a cabin number until 45-60 days before you sail. HTH :)

TOTALLY HELPS!!! :cool1: THANK YOU!!! :worship:
Now…help me understand why someone would book GTY? Why wouldn't you want to choose a room? Is it cheaper to book this way or is it just more fun or does everyone book with fingers crossed to get an upgrade? And speaking of upgrade….does anyone ever get an upgrade on a cruise ship? I'm super excited for the room we have, but hey, I'd never look a gift horse in the mouth either :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Now…help me understand why someone would book GTY? Why wouldn't you want to choose a room? Is it cheaper to book this way or is it just more fun or does everyone book with fingers crossed to get an upgrade? And speaking of upgrade….does anyone ever get an upgrade on a cruise ship? I'm super excited for the room we have, but hey, I'd never look a gift horse in the mouth either :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

In some cases it is cheaper - there is some argument that booking first day may be technically cheaper, but it depends on the sailing and many other factors. Ultimately if you are getting close to sail date, it is most likely going to be cheaper to wait for a *GT rate. The GTY rate does not appear unless there are very few rooms if any in that category to book, and is a different beast. Its not cheaper, its just a rate that appears when the ship is filling up and Disney wants to keep some flexibility when assigning rooms to fill the ship.(or such is my understanding!)

In some cases it is cheaper - there is some argument that booking first day may be technically cheaper, but it depends on the sailing and many other factors. Ultimately if you are getting close to sail date, it is most likely going to be cheaper to wait for a *GT rate. The GTY rate does not appear unless there are very few rooms if any in that category to book, and is a different beast. Its not cheaper, its just a rate that appears when the ship is filling up and Disney wants to keep some flexibility when assigning rooms to fill the ship.(or such is my understanding!)

GTY and *GT are not the same thing...

When my DH and I sailed the Dream this past May, we didn't think we needed a family oceanview so we booked a 9A. Well after I had gone through the motions of booking, it told me that there were no assignments available and that category was in "GTY" status. We waited until about 50 days before our cruise and were assigned a 9A accessible room which we didn't need so we paid to upgrade to a 7A which also happened to be "GTY". The following week we were assigned room 8028 which is a 5B. We paid regular price for our GTY room and would have been happy (except for the HA room) with the category we booked but we got lucky and were upgraded.

*GT rates are different than GTY and are highly restricted and must be paid in full at the time of booking. The variations are IGT/OGT/VGT and you will be assigned a room usually around 10 days out OR you may not get a room until you check in at the port. These rooms are highly discounted compared to regular rates but may not be as low as opening day rates.

Has anyone with a FL resident rate on the Dream in Nov received their GTY assignments? We booked about 30 days out for our Nov. 17 cruise. It's now 18 days away and still no room! Never had this happen with a GTY before. Fwiw, we booked a 5E GTY again and would really like to know if we were able to snag one this time. :)

Was booked on 5D since January this year for our Fantasy cruise on 01/04/14.
Checked today and 5E was becoming available but only on GTY. Decided to take a gamble as some of the 5E have those huge balconies and if we are upgraded we will have what we were expecting anyway ... Bursting to see what's in store for us ! :beach:
Been assigned our room today and got what I have hoped for ... 5E ... Larger balcony on the aft of the ship on Deck 8 ! Couldn't be happier !!!

I booked our first Disney cruise as a belated birthday present for my son. We're sailing a short 3 day cruise on the Dream. Booked a 07A GTY & received our assingment today of 9016, which is a 05A.

We have no experience sailing on Disney. Thoughts about this location?

I booked our first Disney cruise as a belated birthday present for my son. We're sailing a short 3 day cruise on the Dream. Booked a 07A GTY & received our assingment today of 9016, which is a 05A.

We have no experience sailing on Disney. Thoughts about this location?

Which sailing are you on? I'm on the 12/5 Dream with a friend and we are still waiting on ours. I'm hoping it will be some time today!

5A's are nice and I've stayed in 9010 on the Dream with my DH & DS and it was very quiet up there (forward).

Heather

Which sailing are you on? I'm on the 12/5 Dream with a friend and we are still waiting on ours. I'm hoping it will be some time today!

5A's are nice and I've stayed in 9010 on the Dream with my DH & DS and it was very quiet up there (forward).

Heather

We got our cabin a little after I posted today so the wait is finally over!! :thumbsup2

Heather

Still no *GT for 1/24/14 even though the Florida discounts have been out while... they changed it for them this week and now it says to call and ask for availability. Don't think this story is going to end well... only 59 days to go. :scared:

Edit: FIGURES. Just after I posted that I went back to check one more time (I checked this morning) and there they were!! IGT & VGT! We ended up doing IGT because whats the point of me stressing out so much if we don't save as much as possible. I ... I don't have to stress anymore? Seriously? WOOHOO!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!