The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristineamb- glad you had a great trip! And escaped Ike:scared: Do you happen to remember the specifics on what dates the bounceback was offered for? I have 60 more days!:goodvibes

haahaha.jpg

When is Pop Warner ! Next September I may stay at ALLSTARS and crtainly wont if Pop Warner is there !!

I believe it is the first week of December??? It would be when high school football season is ending, right? So definately NOT September, I would think.

If you like tuna you have to try the tuna sandwich at POP. It was one of my favorite meals. It comes on a multigrain bread and has slices of cucumber etc. You can ask for grapes instead of the bland macaroni salad too.

I saw a distinct difference in personal pizzas and hamburgers and such. The good news is that they were prepared in advance which made the line go faster (I am used to Sports and am not sure how POP has done it in the past) HOWEVER they were smaller, much smaller and a bit wrinkled looking to my eye . Might have been the heat lamp on the burger but the pizza, which I am used to filling the small paper plate fills about 2/3rd now. The bakery display was excellent and a good use of a snack credit. Only small sizes of snacks/chips etc. are on the DP now and it is not easy to know what is included or not. They had staff wandering the food court checking trays and advising changes to fulfill the DP requirements. Seems to me that if you have to spend that much money and time and trouble that you should make it simplier for folks to understand instead.

Be aware that I am a mystery shopper back home so I am trained to note things and make suggestions. My children find it ironic that I am paid to criticize. I figure it takes the pressure of them though. :laughing:

SG

Welcome back Linda! Was there really a huge change in what was available on the DDP, or is it just that they've eliminated the multi-serving packages, such as full size chips?

Or are people just still confused, so it requires full time explanation staff?
(I should be employed as the full time explanation staff, as many times as I had to help a fellow guest when we were there last time. Oy.)

Hope you had a GREAT trip! :wizard:

Or are people just still confused, so it requires full time explanation staff?
(I should be employed as the full time explanation staff, as many times as I had to help a fellow guest when we were there last time.
If I may add my two cents here...
This was my first time using DDP. I did not find the snack and CS portions difficult to understand but when it came to TS it was very confusing....lots of paper/reciepts at the end of the meal...it may have been because we often had appetizers or alcoholic drinks that we were paying for out of pocket...I did not feel pressured to leave a certain amount for a tip, although we usually did leave the suggested 18-20% because the service was good-great (and I am typically a cheap tipper in the real world.)
I don't think I would ever pay for the DDP...but free is free...bouncing back with my family next year with free DDP! :woohoo:

Pop Warner week is the 1st Sunday in Dec. This yrs. dates are Dec 7th to Dec 13th. I'll be there 2nd time in 3yrs. I had encountered no problems, but there were a few posters on here saying they had problems. They are no different then other times of the year. I had a few more with the free dining, then I did during PW week. So enjoy whenever you go. You make it happen.

Can you mail them there also?

Yes. I don't remember where the mail slot is at Pop but at AKL its in a side room with the ATM. All resorts have mail slots. Our postcards actually got to our recipients before we got home, and we mailed them a day or so before we left, so the mail IS picked up on a daily basis.

Hi
This is our 1st trip to wdw so we are very new to this.

We have two breakfast booked crystal palace 8.05am and Donald's safari breakfast at 8am.

Do you think it will better to book cab from pop or bus it. What times do you think we need to leave.
Staying on 12th Nov-24thNov.

Thanks so much

Yes. I don't remember where the mail slot is at Pop but at AKL its in a side room with the ATM. All resorts have mail slots. Our postcards actually got to our recipients before we got home, and we mailed them a day or so before we left, so the mail IS picked up on a daily basis.
Its right inside the main entrance with the pay phones and ATM :surfweb:

Hi
We have two breakfast booked crystal palace 8.05am and Donald's safari breakfast at 8am.

Do you think it will better to book cab from pop or bus it. What times do you think we need to leave.
We have had many early breakfast ADRs at MK (CP & CRT) & AK (Donald's Safari Breakfast) and have never had a problem getting there via Pop bus!:thumbsup2

Is there somewhere on property that I will be able to buy stamps so I can mail out post cards??

We stayed at POP the end of August and I purchased postcards ! The cashier asked me if I needed stamps so I assume that is where you get them since I did not need them I brung them along! The mailbox if you exit the everything pop into the lobby to your right going toward the bus stops but inside the building you will see a sign for the atm and payphone the mailbox is on the wall! It is to the left of the doors if you are going to the buses! :goodvibes Have an AWESOME time!!!

Does anyone know if the food court has oatmeal? I'll be staying at POP for the first time in just over 100 days (woo!!) and have a very bad stomach, and it's all I can eat for breakfast. I'm supposed to eat constantly all day, and I always start my mornings this way. I'd posted this in the general Resorts forum, and only got one answer, which was that they weren't sure, but maybe to take my own and heat it up there. I'm definitely considering that, but I was wondering if anyone over here knew? Any advice would be helpful!!

Does anyone know if the food court has oatmeal? I'll be staying at POP for the first time in just over 100 days (woo!!) and have a very bad stomach, and it's all I can eat for breakfast. I'm supposed to eat constantly all day, and I always start my mornings this way. I'd posted this in the general Resorts forum, and only got one answer, which was that they weren't sure, but maybe to take my own and heat it up there. I'm definitely considering that, but I was wondering if anyone over here knew? Any advice would be helpful!!

Yes, POP has oatmeal. And you can get topppings like raisins and brown sugar as well.

Blessings,
Winnie

Hi
This is our 1st trip to wdw so we are very new to this.

As a previous poster said, You should have no problem taking the bus from Pop to an early breakfast. I'm not sure if the time of year will make a difference (although I don't think many people are on the buses that early in the day). Last November I had the earliest ADR possible at Kona, 7:30 am. I called the front desk the night before and asked them if it was possible to take a bus that early. They told me the earliest bus comes at 6:45 am (it came closer to 7am). I took a bus to MK, and then the monorail to the Poly to go to Kona. I made my 7:30 ADR no problem. If I were you I'd probably leave 1 hour before your ADRs, just to be on the safe side. I would have left a bit earlier for Kona, but buses didn't run any earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!