The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I"M FINALLY DOWN TO SINGLE DIGITS! Only 9 days to POP!

A few pages back I posted this:

Here's my question for y'all: Has anybody ordered a cake at POP recently? I want chocolate w chocolate icing personalized for DGD and was just wondering if anybody has had success contacting the chef at POP or should I try the cake hotline? Anybody got a direct number for the chef? TIA for your help!

Since then, I've tried calling POP, was referred to GF, was told I needed to talk to POP, who keeps telling me to call GF and so on and so on...:confused3
So...I'm asking for help again. Has anybody ordered a personalized cake thru POP recently and do you remember the person/number you called?

Thanx so much!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I"M FINALLY DOWN TO SINGLE DIGITS! Only 9 days to POP!

ME TOO!!! This morning on our Cruise Meets thread, I posted the following:

I'm doing the single digit dance!
Anyone dancing with me?!!!

293.sat.night.fever.102407.jpg

We have a 9:30 a.m. ADR at AK. How early should we arrive at the bus stop? What about a 9:30 a.m. ADR at HS?

Kimberly - YES! I'm dancing with you! (Wish I was cruising with ya too, tho! Next year for me...:cool1:)

Anyway, please disregard my above post. Just got thru to the POP Cake Hotline and spoke with Kelly who was verrrry helpful. I ordered a 6 inch personalized chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for $21.00 - and no, it's not the frozen one. Fresh baked, lots of chocolate...yum. :cutie:

In case anyone is interested, the direct number to the POP Cake Hotline is now 407-938-3070. The 6 inch cakes are only decorated with flowers and personalization, but you can get Disney decorations on the larger cakes. Kelly also told me that whenever you pick the cake up at the food court, they will have it packaged and in a bag with plates, napkins and forks. :thumbsup2

Sorry if this is old news...just thought someone else might be interested! :)

Kimberly - YES! I'm dancing with you! (Wish I was cruising with ya too, tho! Next year for me...:cool1:)

Anyway, please disregard my above post. Just got thru to the POP Cake Hotline and spoke with Kelly who was verrrry helpful. I ordered a 6 inch personalized chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for $21.00 - and no, it's not the frozen one. Fresh baked, lots of chocolate...yum. :cutie:

In case anyone is interested, the direct number to the POP Cake Hotline is now 407-938-3070. The 6 inch cakes are only decorated with flowers and personalization, but you can get Disney decorations on the larger cakes. Kelly also told me that whenever you pick the cake up at the food court, they will have it packaged and in a bag with plates, napkins and forks. :thumbsup2

Sorry if this is old news...just thought someone else might be interested! :)

Thank you for the info on the cake. My niece celebrates her 8th b-day on our 2nd day there. I was wanting to get her cake but did not know how to go about it. I do now.
michelle

We're leaving on Saturday! At this time two days from now, assuming everything goes to plan, we'll be at POP!:woohoo:

We have a 9:30 a.m. ADR at AK. How early should we arrive at the bus stop? What about a 9:30 a.m. ADR at HS?

A good rule of thumb is to plan an hour travel time to anywhere.
You need to check in to your ADR 15 min. early, and you have to walk back to the restaurant, so it's not a bad idea to be at the bus stop by 8:30 am.
If the buses seem to be full, add a bit more time.

A handy transportation calculator - go to google and type in Disney Transportation Wizard. I'm not sure if I can post the website on here.

Epcot requires less time, then DHS, then AK, and then MK. Mk feels like quite a haul from Pop. It's still not bad though.

A good rule of thumb is to plan an hour travel time to anywhere.....
A handy transportation calculator - go to google and type in Disney Transportation Wizard.....

Actually I have the calculator in Post #1 under the Transportation section. :)

If someone wants to call you in your POP room, do they call the hotel number (407.938.4000) and ask for your room/name? Or is it automated? I want to tell my friend for sure what number to call. Thanks!

Yep! If your friend will not have your room number, the operator will connect them by your name, but will not give out the room number. :)

Have fun!!! :)

Does anyone know if you can get ESPN on the tvs in your room at POP?

I believe this is the TV line up for all resorts:

1. --
2. NBC
3. ABC Family
4. ABC New Now
5. CNN Headline News
6. CBS
7. Lifetime
8. Lifetime Movie
9. ABC
10. ESPN
11. ESPN Classic
12. ESPN2
13. ESPNews
14. Radio Disney
15. Toon Disney
16. Disney Channel
17. What’s on TV
18. Top Seven Must Sees at WDW Resort
19. WDW Today
20. ---
21. DVC
22. Your Next Disney Vacation
23. Company Clips
24. PBS
25. WB
26. FOX
27. WRDQ (Independent)
28. WTGL (Independent)
29. WACX (Independent)
30. PAX (Independent)
31. UPN
32. WLCB (Independent)
33. ---
34. Soapnet
35. BET
36. BET on Jazz
37. Weather Channel
38. CNBC
39. MSNBC
40. CNN
41. --
42. CC NBC
43. CC CBS
44. CC ABC
45. CC CNN
46. CC Headline News
47. CC ESPN
48. CC WB
49. CC PBS
50. CC FOX
51. CC Disney Channel
52. CC Top Must Sees at WDW Resort
53. Haz Realidad UnDeseo
54. DVC en Espanol
55. Univsion
56. Telefutura
57. Duetcsh TV
58. ESPN Spanish
59. Japanese TV
60. Chinese TV

We will be staying at POP during Pop Warner week. I am hoping that I do not have to rent a car. What is the quickest way to get to the WWoS complex. We went there 2 yrs ago and we did have our car, but we are flying this time and do not want to spend the extra $$. A few years back we had to go to MGM now Hollywood Studios then get a bus from there. Is this the only way still or does anyone have a better/quicker way.

I believe this is the TV line up for all resorts:

1. --
2. NBC
3. ABC Family
4. ABC New Now
5. CNN Headline News
6. CBS
7. Lifetime
8. Lifetime Movie
9. ABC
10. ESPN
11. ESPN Classic
12. ESPN2
13. ESPNews
14. Radio Disney
15. Toon Disney
16. Disney Channel
17. What’s on TV
18. Top Seven Must Sees at WDW Resort
19. WDW Today
20. ---
21. DVC
22. Your Next Disney Vacation
23. Company Clips
24. PBS
25. WB
26. FOX
27. WRDQ (Independent)
28. WTGL (Independent)
29. WACX (Independent)
30. PAX (Independent)
31. UPN
32. WLCB (Independent)
33. ---
34. Soapnet
35. BET
36. BET on Jazz
37. Weather Channel
38. CNBC
39. MSNBC
40. CNN
41. --
42. CC NBC
43. CC CBS
44. CC ABC
45. CC CNN
46. CC Headline News
47. CC ESPN
48. CC WB
49. CC PBS
50. CC FOX
51. CC Disney Channel
52. CC Top Must Sees at WDW Resort
53. Haz Realidad UnDeseo
54. DVC en Espanol
55. Univsion
56. Telefutura
57. Duetcsh TV
58. ESPN Spanish
59. Japanese TV
60. Chinese TV

Thanks for this!

Yep! If your friend will not have your room number, the operator will connect them by your name, but will not give out the room number. :)

Have fun!!! :)
Thank you!

I should be in the air in less than 12 hours!

Thanks everyone for all the tips, and especially Buckeye Gal for putting together post #1. Hopefully I can get lots of POP pix!

:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter