The Great Make Up Trip Of 2008~7/22- SEE YOU REAL SOON! (pg. 86) ~COMPLETED~

I'm so sad it's over!
You obviously aren't a procrastinator like me!;)

We headed over to the Indy track because that's what DS requested to do first. We got fastpasses to Buzz Lightyear on the way. Hey Rosie and Jordan, remember this bush?? :rotfl2:
2595717702_cc3e2a673a.jpg

I do remember the bush.....:thumbsup2

Boo to Frank, but funny you got him back.

A Dream.....

Back to Epcot & more topiaries & booths that I didn't get pic's of last time...
2595737880_a69e635f7b.jpg

2595738660_995bd33e8c.jpg

2594905101_96866c371d.jpg

2595740472_996a863bfb.jpg

2595741520_064f3e4751.jpg

My tribute to Jordan...
2594908015_c6203f11a3.jpg

We find DS some popcorn that he's been begging for, for 3 days!! Then we grab a bench out front of Germany and just people watch for awhile. DH commented on how there are MANY couples who have a much older man with a younger woman. :confused3 So, what are you trying to say??? :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
2594910785_a363e900c2.jpg

We start walking again, all the while keeping our eye out for an open bench to sit and watch Illuminations from. We cross the bridge and are in front of China and we see a bench. We stop and set up camp there. Here are some pic's of our surroundings...
Looking back toward America:
2595746292_cee0ab69c2.jpg

Looking toward Future World:
2595747216_4983f02941.jpg

Straight out. View of the water and fireworks barges. Notice the tree on the left?? Make a mental note...this is NOT the best place to sit for Illuminations. The globe stayed directly behind this tree during the entire show and we couldn't see it at all. We did enjoy the fireworks portion but still have no idea what happens with the rest of the show. :lmao:
2594913545_f71f34be7b.jpg

This little guy kept watch over us while we waited for the show to begin...
2594914451_010a6b6755.jpg

2594915297_790f7cc58b.jpg

Before it hid behind the tree...
2594916581_4fa157bff9.jpg

And this concludes Day 5. Up next.....our last day...or is it???

Great pictures!!!!!!!!

It's funny how you think of pictures specifically for the TR...

I love the Grey Goose and FJ and you, GGS and the muthaland.

After riding Soarin' we decided to quickly head out and drive over to AK to ride EE again. It was HOT and crowded. We got FP's to EE then headed over to Dinorama for DS to play a bit. We stopped along the way to listen to "The Tropicals" playing along the walk way. When we returned home I downloaded their album from itunes. Eventually, it was time for our FP window. We headed over toward the Safari ride to grab a FP but the wait was 90 minutes and the FP return time was for about 2 hours away. It was just too hot and if we would have stayed to ride it, DS would have missed his nap and that is not something we wanted to do again. About this time DH and DS declare that they have to use the restroom. I stood outside in the heat and stared at gords(sp?), while this fan became my best friend....
2640549750_81bff97dd9.jpg

2640551124_bcafde4959.jpg

We quickly grabbed lunch at Pizzafari and then headed over to EE to use our FP's. I have no photo's of this time. But I do have a few pics of who we FINALLY got to see this trip......DEVINE!:) She was out after our EE ride and was just starting to walk away. I was able to snap these photo's before she was gone.
2639716811_90b391c8f7_b.jpg

2640546352_3be7cf87af_b.jpg

During her exit, I followed the walk way and could still see her through the tree's. I started to snap a few pics and she was flirting with my camera....
2640547404_47e099e67a_b.jpg

2639720239_e13c4bff75_b.jpg

After this we head out so that we could cool off and DS could take a nap. Usually when DS is napping, we are figuring money spent, etc. We realize that we could stay another night. We had the time, we just weren't sure about the money. I try to look on the net and can't really find any information to book for one night. I thought it was a lost cause because after discussing with DH we had thought that if we booked another night we would have to check out of our room and check into another one. It would have wasted too much time and the extra day would have been pointless. I posted about this on my PTR. That's when Jordan came on and told me to go to the front desk and ask. I did just that and guess what.....WE GOT IT!! One more night AND we got to keep the same room. AMAZING! The CM said sometimes it is possible. She said we just happened to ask at a good time. If we would have asked the week before, we wouldn't have been able to do it. HELLO PIXIE DUST! (THANKS AGAIN JORDAN) Also, for more tickets w/park hoppers it was only $6.00. We had decided that if we were able to stay an extra night we would skip the park tickets since we were pretty tired of running from park to park. The extra day would be spent leisurely. However, we could not pass up the tickets for only 6 bucks so we got them.

So, when DS woke up from his nap he said he wanted to ride the monorail that went along the road. (The one from MK to EPCOT) We thought since he mentioned earlier that he wanted to ride the "mexican donald ride" again that we should park at MK, take the monorail over to EPCOT, ride the boat in Mexico and also Maelstom in Norway since we hadn't ridden it yet this trip. Then the plan was to head back over to MK for Wishes.

Here are some pics of EPCOT from the Monorail. Excuse the window glare...
2650428395_b1d049e83e.jpg

2651253336_354528ff93.jpg

2651255114_6da787da71.jpg

2650430501_3754f3be87.jpg

2651258390_18cc13932d.jpg

2651259526_f1c2795acc.jpg

DH & DS at fountain
2650434919_cd2e9d00f4.jpg

Mexico...
2650436933_d2fcc711f2.jpg

2651261438_e3561e3743.jpg

2650437859_71acaed24f.jpg

Maelstrom in Norway...
2650439449_739ebe9df6.jpg

2651266950_d9f962e285_b.jpg

Am I the only one who's never noticed all the little gnomes hiding in Norway?? DH goes to ride Maelstrom first and while DS and I are waiting outside I start snapping pictures. I look up and see one, then another, and I point them out to DS and we have a great time finding as many as we can.
2650440505_4f9cc17272_b.jpg

2650443385_c82fb4d6c6_b.jpg

2650444453_15226d3aa1_b.jpg

2650445449_705dc2c6a8_b.jpg

2650446635_6bd43e78e9_b.jpg

2650447659_6e3c2b4c7b_b.jpg

Next we jump on the Monorail and head back to MK to catch Wishes.....

Nice that you got the room!!!!!!! MOJO.

I NEVER noticed the trolls on the window sills. Were they always there?

I hope to see you when my tr starts, although not looking forward to writing it. That means the trip is over :sad1:

I'm so sad to hear that you're not doing a ptr for your land/sea vacation. But your son's first year of school is definitely much more important and such a critical time.

I'm sure he'll be the same way on the first day :) If you need anything, book recommendations, websites, etc., just let me know. I teach kindergarten so I have access to lots of stuff.
I will surely be ther for your TR. Looking forward to it!:thumbsup2
I can't believe DS's first day is only a few weeks away. YIKES!! We have a family picnic at the school about 4 days before so I think that will help to ease everyone in.
Thanks about the books, etc I may be taking you up on that! :hug:

I finished up reading Cherie and absolutley loved your report! I agree on the hot weather down there and am a bit nervous about doing an Aug trip but since we are only doing 1 park as a family and me and Ecogirl are doing AK by ourselves I think it'll be more managable. I will def. be on the lookout for your TR next year and you can pm me when you start, hopefully you'll read mine starting next month!

I cried when my dd started school (dh actually told me to go into the house :rotfl2: ) but not ds, probably bc I'd already been through it once. I've been waiting 6 years for Sept. when they are both in school all day and already have a lunch date set up at Hard Rock Cafe :lmao: for the first day of school!
Thanks!!:flower3:
I bet it would definitely be more manageable with only one family type day.
I will be reading your TR. I'm so looking forward to it. You guys are going to have a BLAST!
I'm sure I will cry on DS's first day. I think it's like a right of passage or something. :rotfl:

Awesome TR... TFS
Thanks for reading! :flower3:

Evening Blue !!

Evening Rosie!:hug:

I am just going to start here since I can't remember where I left off....

MMMMM....thanks for sharing.
:lmao: That's ok.
You're welcome.:)

I love this sequence of pictures. Just a family having fun..oh and FJ too.
We had a blast! With ourselves AND with Flat Jordan. We met a few people who thought we were "so sweet" to take you on vacation with us. :rotfl2:

Home. Need I say more....:)
:lmao:

It looks like your DS had a great time.
He really had a blast in this part. We must have stayed in this area for an hour. It wasn't really crowded at all. People would stop and look then leave so it was basically us and 2 other families enjoying the entire thing by ourselves. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You were very creative.
:rotfl2: I tried. I had to get creative because I was affraid if I just whipped FJ out in the middle of everyone that someone would get offended being as though I'm not of Asian decent. I tried to sort of keep it on the "down low" when we were in Japan and China. Everywhere else seemed to be ok but I did get a few odd looks in those countries. :rotfl:

The perfect picture.
It is so satisfying to see a child that wore out from having SO MUCH FUN, isn't it??

I'm so sad it's over!
You obviously aren't a procrastinator like me!;)

:rotfl2: I just have so much stuff coming up that if I didn't finish it now, I would probably not get to finish it at all.

I do remember the bush.....:thumbsup2

Boo to Frank, but funny you got him back.

A Dream.....
:lmao:
Yeah, Frank was stuffy. But it all worked out. :thumbsup2

Great pictures!!!!!!!!

It's funny how you think of pictures specifically for the TR...

I love the Grey Goose and FJ and you, GGS and the muthaland.
Thank you.
You know, I felt myself taking more pictures this time specifically for the TR and not as many of us having fun. :lmao: I think it's mostly because we had just been there in February and I knew I took a great many pic's of us then, even though I wasn't feeling well.
I loved the Grey Goose too! :rotfl:

Great picture.:thumbsup2
Thank you.

Nice that you got the room!!!!!!! MOJO.

I NEVER noticed the trolls on the window sills. Were they always there?
MOJO was kickin'! Thanks for telling me to contact the front desk. I really thought it was a lost cause and wasn't going to! Just goes to show....you never know where there may be magic waiting for you at Disney. ;)

I never noticed them either. I'm really thinking they were something new or something just for the Flower and Garden Festival. Either way, they were cool!!

Yes he does. :cloud9:

Believe it or not....I think we overlap for like 4 days in June....need a babysitter for a date night?

Ok, first off.....that is AWESOME!! And secondly, I appreciate that but I could never do that to you. :lmao: :lmao: Seriously, he will not stay with anyone but my mother. Another reason I'm sort of nervous about his first day of school.

You know, this past week we thought DH's schedule was going to change. I have been so nervous thinking we were going to have to re-schedule our June trip. :scared1: :eek: Found out last night he will keep the schedule he is on now. WHEW!!! I was really stressing that one. We can't wait to meet up with you again. I've been trying to think of how/where we could all meet up this time. We get to stay at the Poly so maybe we could have drinks by the pool or on the beach. Or maybe we could meet you at the ESPN club for lunch or dinner one day and check this place out. We've never been. All i know is the possibilities are endless and I am getting SO EXCITED!!! :woohoo:

No worries about the babysitting. I understand. The offer stands though. I just thought it would be nice for the 2 of you to get a chance to ride some of the thrill rides TOGETHER or have a romantic dinner somewhere...

At this point, I plan to stay at Pop the whole time. I thought about staying at the BCV for 4 nights but it's very expensive even if I rented points it would still be a bit much.

ESPN may be a place we could meet up or at Kona for a Lapu Lapu......or we could tour the WS together.......

I am more excited that you'll be going on the DCL....and going to Castaway Cay.

Blue, you just rocked this TR out! Thanks so much for sharing your family's adventures, your great sense of humor, and your amazing pictures. I've had a wonderful time reading all about it.

Come on over to my TR. I'm putting all of my pictures on Photobucket as I type this. Hope to have the 1st episode up later tonight.

Thanks again!!:thumbsup2

No worries about the babysitting. I understand. The offer stands though. I just thought it would be nice for the 2 of you to get a chance to ride some of the thrill rides TOGETHER or have a romantic dinner somewhere...

At this point, I plan to stay at Pop the whole time. I thought about staying at the BCV for 4 nights but it's very expensive even if I rented points it would still be a bit much.

ESPN may be a place we could meet up or at Kona for a Lapu Lapu......or we could tour the WS together.......

I am more excited that you'll be going on the DCL....and going to Castaway Cay.

Thanks so much for the babysitting offer. It was super nice! We've been trying to get my mother to come with us at least once. Not just to possibly babysit one night but also because it's been since I was only 8 or 9 years old that we have been there together. :lovestruc Anyway, our schedules just haven't worked out yet but I know it will one day.

I know what you mean about BCV. We really want to try it out but it is going to take some serious advance planning and saving.

ESPN, Kona, lapu lapu's, World Showcase.....I'm game for any of these! I know DH will be too. :cool1:

I am sooo excited to finally get to see and swim in the Ocean. I can't even begin to tell you! This is something I've always wanted to do and just never have. When I think about it I get overcome with emotion. I can't believe it's finally happening. Another thing that I've always wanted to do is swim with the dolphins. I was going to schedule this for myself in Nassau but I see now that they have a shallow water dolphin "encounter" that is open to any age. (including DS) I think this will be even better than getting to physically swim with them. I love anything that we can do together as a family.

Blue, you just rocked this TR out! Thanks so much for sharing your family's adventures, your great sense of humor, and your amazing pictures. I've had a wonderful time reading all about it.

Come on over to my TR. I'm putting all of my pictures on Photobucket as I type this. Hope to have the 1st episode up later tonight.

Thanks again!!:thumbsup2

Uh, thank ya....thank ya verah much! <-----in my best Elvis voice. ;)

I'm so glad you were here reading along with me again. I have enjoyed it!

I am on my way over to your TR. Can't wait to read all about the trip!!! :banana:

Thanks so much for the babysitting offer. It was super nice! We've been trying to get my mother to come with us at least once. Not just to possibly babysit one night but also because it's been since I was only 8 or 9 years old that we have been there together. :lovestruc Anyway, our schedules just haven't worked out yet but I know it will one day.

I know what you mean about BCV. We really want to try it out but it is going to take some serious advance planning and saving.

ESPN, Kona, lapu lapu's, World Showcase.....I'm game for any of these! I know DH will be too. :cool1:

I am sooo excited to finally get to see and swim in the Ocean. I can't even begin to tell you! This is something I've always wanted to do and just never have. When I think about it I get overcome with emotion. I can't believe it's finally happening. Another thing that I've always wanted to do is swim with the dolphins. I was going to schedule this for myself in Nassau but I see now that they have a shallow water dolphin "encounter" that is open to any age. (including DS) I think this will be even better than getting to physically swim with them. I love anything that we can do together as a family.

Have you never been to an ocean, any ocean before? You've been to the Gulf for sure.......

Have you never been to an ocean, any ocean before? You've been to the Gulf for sure.......

Nope, no ocean's yet! Yes, I've been to the Gulf. In fact we used to go all the time when I was a kid. But the Gulf over here is muddy and brown and now sadly has bacteria in it. They say it's because we are on the west side of the Mississippi river and all the yucky mucky stuff that is stirred up along the way flows out into the Gulf in our direction. You can go the same distance to the East of the Mississippi and see clear water. :confused3 Sure if you go far enough out from where we are you can see the clear water but that's at least 20 miles off the coast.....AT LEAST. DH has seen it, he can vouch that it does get better the farther out you go. But I have never seen such a thing. I can't wait.

Anyway, I miss hearing the waves crashing when I wake up and smelling the salty air first thing in the morning. I remember it like it was yesterday. Even though the water was nasty to be swimming in, we still always went during the summer and rented a cabin on the beach. That beach and those cabins no longer exist thanks to Hurricane Rita. There is nothing there anymore but sand, trash, and bacteria. :sad1:

I want to see the clear / blue water. I want to wiggle my toes in the clean white sand. I want to feel the sunshine on my face and just be for a little while. I want to see the ocean the way God made it.

I have always envisioned myself seeing the ocean for the first time.... We would be in the car driving along the coast somewhere and I would order whoever was driving to stop! I would run from the car straight to the ocean and dive right in with all my clothes on and not a care in the world.

Now since we are doing a cruise, I will just have to contain myself a bit until we are in a safe place for me to do so. :lmao: Clearly I can not just dive off the boat. :rolleyes1

Just wait til you make the drive to Port Canaveral...

You will be tempted to jump right in.....The water in Nassau is really, really cool looking.....you'll fall in love

Castaway Cay....heaven...

Just wait til you make the drive to Port Canaveral...

You will be tempted to jump right in.....The water in Nassau is really, really cool looking.....you'll fall in love

Castaway Cay....heaven...

:rotfl2: I was thinking about that. I will have to contain myself until we get to the Bahama's I guess. :woohoo:

For those of you who followed along in my last TR, you may remember Pirate Pete. I got an email stating that someone has now found him in the Geocache he was in in Oregon and now he is resting in a Geocache in Idaho! Wouldn't it be cool if he made it down close to me again before our land/sea adventure???? I could be the one to bring him to the caribbean! With over 11 months until our vacation, it may be possible. You never know. ;)

For those of you who followed along in my last TR, you may remember Pirate Pete. I got an email stating that someone has now found him in the Geocache he was in in Oregon and now he is resting in a Geocache in Idaho! Wouldn't it be cool if he made it down close to me again before our land/sea adventure???? I could be the one to bring him to the caribbean! With over 11 months until our vacation, it may be possible. You never know. ;)

It seems he always moves further away from the Caribbean......well, at least he's moving East again.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter