The Great Make Up Trip Of 2008~7/22- SEE YOU REAL SOON! (pg. 86) ~COMPLETED~

I loved my jellie shoes!!!

My first boyfriend in highschool was obsessed with mc hammer and vanilla ice.:lmao: Nobody told him he was a white boy from Utah.:rotfl2:
vanilla.jpg

If I saw this in person I would surely wreck the car. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Jellies were pretty cool. I hear they are trying to make a comeback.

Ooh, we all had jellies when I was in high school. They are making a comeback I've seen them several times while shopping for shoes for my DD(4). It cracks me up!:rotfl:

Okay, this time I'm going to do more than post a couple of times and lurk a lot. Makes me feel like a stalker too.:lmao: You've got a great PTR going again. I'm envious of your upcoming trip and your binder.:) I love stuff like that, but I'm not crafty enough to do it. I'm sure you'll like POR. We also stayed there in 1998 (when it was Dixie Landings) on our honeymoon.

Sometimes it's hard to remember what anything was like before kids.:rotfl: You're trip down memory lane reminded me what WDW was like before our two. Totally different!

It looks like you have a fun trip planned so far and I can't wait to read more.:thumbsup2

I just had to quote you...

I too stayed at Dixie Landings in 98 for my Honeymoon and had to share....:lovestruc

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I just had to shove my face into a pillow so I wouldn't wake the rest of the house! That was some kind of funny!

I had purple parachute pants! Only one pair. But I had my share of mesh clothing and florescent garb. Lots and lots of hair spray. I even had Jellies shoes! :scared1:

Do you remember wearing like Hot pink and neon yellow together and think ya looked so cool:laughing:

I had a TON of jellies, too:rotfl2:

Loved your Walk Down Memory Lane story..

Fanny Bags were all the Rage....Remember:laughing:

Trentmom, I saw where you posted that earlier in the thread, but I was too lazy to go back and find it to quote you.:rotfl: I can't believe it's been almost 10 yrs!

Thanks for letting me hang out with ya'll tonight. It's been fun! I've got to go to bed too.

Trentmom, I saw where you posted that earlier in the thread, but I was too lazy to go back and find it to quote you.:rotfl: I can't believe it's been almost 10 yrs!

Thanks for letting me hang out with ya'll tonight. It's been fun! I've got to go to bed too.

Too funny:rotfl2:

I know..10 years has flown by....Our wedding was in Nov, but we did not take our honeymoon until December(college)........

When was your honeymoon?:lovestruc

Have a good night

Sorry Blue...for Hijacking your thread for a min

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program:happytv:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I just had to shove my face into a pillow so I wouldn't wake the rest of the house! That was some kind of funny!

I had purple parachute pants! Only one pair. But I had my share of mesh clothing and florescent garb. Lots and lots of hair spray. I even had Jellies shoes! :scared1:
sorry.
purple? I didn't know barney was around back then. :confused3

Picture please!!!!!!

hammer.gif

Yes picture please!!

I once had a pair of Hammer pants. Why? I have no freakin' idea!!:confused3

I had hammer pants. I will ask my friend if she has pics of me in them,. she might.

Goodnight all.

Dang... I missed out on some fun times last night! It was an 80's extravaganza! By the way, I owned Jellies, fanny packs, AND Hammer Pants, too!!

Love the find under the washer. Makes me want to pull mine out right now!! Fun memories.. thanks for sharing!:)

Looks like there was quite a party here last night! DH and I went in 1997 too. It was the first time for both of us in quite a while - first grown up trip. We'd been married about a year - we stayed off-site. My biggest memory was going to Hoopdie Doo Revue - I'd gone as a kid and had wonderful memories of it. It was a lot of fun - once we found it! I'll have to look around for the picture - I think my mother-in-law might STILL have it on her refrigerator.

We walked around aimlessly with no plans. HDR was the only ADR we had. I remember that my boss at the time told me to go to the "steak place in Canada". Of course we tried, but without an ADR (I think it was priority seating at the time), we didn't get in. :sad2:

Love the "Stop, collaborate & listen" sign - I'm going to email it to DH now. :lmao:

Ok - caught up :thumbsup2

Your plans look great. Love the sound of the carriage ride! :)

And your binder is awesome :worship: Very fancy schmancy. I think I'll hold off on starting my binder until I at least know the trip will be happening! ;)

Wow you all were very busy posting last night. I had read trip reports till my eyes could no longer focus on anything non computer. Then I had to pull myself away and cook dinner and tend to the dogs and birds and one of the boys.

So then Mary comes home and the first thing I blurt out is ,"Guess what I read on the Dis boards today..." She is just like..."Oh please tell me... " That is sarcastic for here we go again.... So I did tell her that i am going to write a trip report and make a binder...how could i not have had a binder before ever... and make little Mousekeeping envelopes....

And today we are supposed to make our ADR's. I cheated though and sent a list to our IPO office. I know...I know... I took some of the excitement out of it.

Have a great day!

I just had to quote you...

I too stayed at Dixie Landings in 98 for my Honeymoon and had to share....

Happy 10 years!!:goodvibes

Do you remember wearing like Hot pink and neon yellow together and think ya looked so cool:laughing:

I had a TON of jellies, too
I also remember wearing hot pink and purple together. :lmao:

Loved your Walk Down Memory Lane story..

Fanny Bags were all the Rage....Remember:laughing:
Thanks.:)
Oh yes, I remember! :rotfl2:

Glad you joined us!!:)

Too funny

I know..10 years has flown by....Our wedding was in Nov, but we did not take our honeymoon until December(college)........

When was your honeymoon?

Have a good night

Sorry Blue...for Hijacking your thread for a min

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program:happytv:

:rotfl2: You're too funny. Hijacking is ok w/me. It's fun to wake up to more fun this morning.:surfweb:

sorry.
purple? I didn't know barney was around back then. :confused3

I had hammer pants. I will ask my friend if she has pics of me in them,. she might.

Goodnight all.

BARNEY???? HEEEYYYY!!!!! :rotfl2:
There was a lot of purple around back then. Wonder what was up with that? There was also a lot of purple eye shaddow going around. :lmao:
That would be a fun picture to see! I wish I had pics of that but I don't think I do. I'll have to look.

Dang... I missed out on some fun times last night! It was an 80's extravaganza! By the way, I owned Jellies, fanny packs, AND Hammer Pants, too!!

Love the find under the washer. Makes me want to pull mine out right now!! Fun memories.. thanks for sharing!
:rotfl2: So nice to know I was not alone with my 80's wardrobe. I mean, people around here were wearing that but I often wondered if the rest of the world were actually wearing it too.

Looks like there was quite a party here last night! DH and I went in 1997 too. It was the first time for both of us in quite a while - first grown up trip. We'd been married about a year - we stayed off-site. My biggest memory was going to Hoopdie Doo Revue - I'd gone as a kid and had wonderful memories of it. It was a lot of fun - once we found it! I'll have to look around for the picture - I think my mother-in-law might STILL have it on her refrigerator.

We walked around aimlessly with no plans. HDR was the only ADR we had. I remember that my boss at the time told me to go to the "steak place in Canada". Of course we tried, but without an ADR (I think it was priority seating at the time), we didn't get in.

Love the "Stop, collaborate & listen" sign - I'm going to email it to DH now.
That is a perfect description for that trip "first grown up trip". I really felt so grown up too. :goodvibes

Hey I wear a fannypack at Disney But it's a Disney one and black ! But remember I'm OLD so I'm allowed !!:rotfl2:
Don't worry Rosie, I wore a fanny pack in 2007. This one was black and not some big nylon 80's brightly colored thing hanging from my waist. :rotfl2: I didn't do a fanny pack this year but I guess if it would make my touring more comfortable I'd do it again. :thumbsup2

Ok - caught up

Your plans look great. Love the sound of the carriage ride!
And your binder is awesome :worship: Very fancy schmancy. I think I'll hold off on starting my binder until I at least know the trip will be happening!
Thanks for coming over!:)
I'm excited about the carriage ride.
Thanks about the binder.
:rotfl2: I would wait too. At least until you start accumulating notes everywhere.

Wow you all were very busy posting last night. I had read trip reports till my eyes could no longer focus on anything non computer. Then I had to pull myself away and cook dinner and tend to the dogs and birds and one of the boys.

So then Mary comes home and the first thing I blurt out is ,"Guess what I read on the Dis boards today..." She is just like..."Oh please tell me... " That is sarcastic for here we go again.... So I did tell her that i am going to write a trip report and make a binder...how could i not have had a binder before ever... and make little Mousekeeping envelopes....

And today we are supposed to make our ADR's. I cheated though and sent a list to our IPO office. I know...I know... I took some of the excitement out of it.

Have a great day!
Binders are our friend!:goodvibes
Nothing wrong with cheating on the ADR's a bit. Whatever works!!;)

Our honeymoon was in Dec too! We got married on the 5th so we would have been there starting th 6th. DH also proposed to me in WDW.:love:

Okay, so sorry Blue, I promise that's the last time I'll hijack your thread.

Boatwright's is pretty good, even though it's not real Southern food. We ate there in Feb. It would do in a pinch, since you're staying there. Did you decide where to eat that night?

Our honeymoon was in Dec too! We got married on the 5th so we would have been there starting th 6th. DH also proposed to me in WDW.:love:

Okay, so sorry Blue, I promise that's the last time I'll hijack your thread.

Boatwright's is pretty good, even though it's not real Southern food. We ate there in Feb. It would do in a pinch, since you're staying there. Did you decide where to eat that night?

December, too...How funny:rotfl:

But we missed ya by a few weeks.....

December 25th thru January 8th:thumbsup2 :santa:

Blue...while you are there, you have got to hit I think it is called t he COTTON GIN at POR.....

Have the most fun Piano Player there...does drunk sing alongs....ya get the picture. :laughing: ..but it is Disney ,so PG rated:thumbsup2

So neat you found that ticket.
Wish I had a ticket from my first trip.
It was back in 1974

I love vintage pics.
Are you going to put more up?
Hope so.popcorn::

Binder is looks good.
Mine needs help.
I have been neglecting it lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter