The great “mask” debate

Would you wear a mask if required to enter the theme parks?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
Just curious.. If Universal requires a face mask to be worn when the parks open will you still go? I don’t think we will. I would rather wait until they no longer mandate them. Of course everyone is entitled to their own choice. I wouldn’t complain if they did require them. I would just choose not to go at this time.

I would wait just because a mask with the heat and eating etc would be too annoying. But who knows what will change in the future. Maybe wearing masks in public will be the norm in our future...

I suspect masks will be needed, when Distancing isn't doable, until a vaccine or real treatment is available.

Maybe, in the future, masks might only be required inside.

that's a hard stop for us. I can't handle wearing a mask in our midwestern heat (though I do when I go out, it's just hard to do). We choose to go on vacation, and while on that vacation enjoy a certain level of relaxation. I do not get to choose to go to the grocery store, I have to do it. So while I will wait until they'll let me in to Universal without a mask, I can't wait to go to the grocery store therefore one is a hard stop, the other is yeah I'll do it to get what we need.

Our take - if it's safe to do so and masks are required, they wouldn't be a deal breaker for us and we'd go. The way I see it, it's a culture adjustment for us (on the whole, obviously legit medical concerns are a different story) more than anything else - Shanghai gets relatively similar heat and humidity and mask wearing is much more acceptable there. Maybe people passing out there is just underreported, but I doubt it. It might be weird and uncomfortable, but I can get over discomfort and adjust my perception :)

I'm booked for September and don't have plans to cancel it yet, but the thought of wearing a mask in the September heat and humidity is not a fun thought. I'm always wondering how it will work at the resort pools or at Volcano Bay. Trying to breathe through a soaking wet mask is going to be a challenge.

I will not wear a mask in a theme park, especially in Florida in the next several months. If it is the "norm" then i will avoid those places. We are still holding out hope to visit in late June, but masks are a deal breaker. I really question the effectiveness, especially in a theme park. My experiences have been when somebody is "forced" to wear one, they are constantly touching it, adjusting it, lowering it back and forth and their hands are completely covered with the very substance we are trying to prevent spreading. Those people then touch everything and spread it more. Masks, in some situations are all show and little substance.

I'm still up in the air on masks. I wont do the medical masks - I might do a bandanna. Having a half tan face does not appeal to me.

The big deal breaker for me is how will the bars run (if at all) - if the bar area is closed and only the restaurants open I will give it a miss.
Also very interested in how they will do HHN

Florida from June through October is a deal breaker for me. The heat through all of it, and the hurricanes through the later part of that time period are something I won't pay thousands of dollars on a vacation to deal with.

Now as it relates to masks, during this period before there is a vaccine, effective treatment, and/or herd immunity I wouldn't go if they DIDN'T mandate masks.

As most know the mask (other than N95 masks) are not designed to protect the wearer, they're designed to protect those around the wearer should that person be a carrier. And as noted by others while some will not wear them effectively (i.e. some will still continually adjust them, touch their face, and then touch surfaces etc.) many still would wear them effectively if mandated. Plus I can somewhat protect myself by mindfully reducing touching surfaces, not touching my own face, continually washing my hands etc.

Now that all being said, the main deal breaker for me would not be masks, but if other key operational changes would negatively impact my experience. Things such as reduced ride capacity (i.e. 1/2 filling ride vehicles), some attractions not running at all (if they can't effectively be reconfigured to operate safely), all rides going virtual queue etc. All things being the same but only difference being wearing a mask, I'd go.

But by the sounds of things, masks will be the least of the negative operational changes that would have me hold off from going.

I'm booked for September and don't have plans to cancel it yet, but the thought of wearing a mask in the September heat and humidity is not a fun thought. I'm always wondering how it will work at the resort pools or at Volcano Bay. Trying to breathe through a soaking wet mask is going to be a challenge.

My guess is that VB and pools won't be open at all if they are still in a mandatory mask protocol at that time.

I have stayed in the house for the last two months.

If a mask is required to be in the parks or City Walk, I’ll gladly wear a mask.

With City Walk having a partial opening this month, they list masks are required for employees and guests.

Their current policy allows masks to be removed for the eateries in City Walk.
They will have seating set up so diners will not have close contact to others.

I voted NO to wearing a mask, i'll just wait until they aren't required to enter the park. We are required to wear them at work and trying to work in a controlled environment is already a difficult task, i can't even imagine in the hot Florida sun wearing a mask of any kind. Also it limits oxygen intake, how many people will be dropping from the excess heat and limited oxygen intake? It sounds like a recipe for a disaster and/or lawsuit ? Imagine if UO requires paying customers to wear masks, and an elderly or sick person drops dead from heat exhaustion and/or hyperventilation? What then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter