The gray and the black.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Hello all , new here . Going to the fort for Halloween this year. I have a pop up and wasnt able to get a full hook up site. So i was told there is no dump station. What do we do with the gray , and the black? I have a chem toilet, shower and sink. Just wondering if i need to make any mods or changes now, lol. Any help , advice is appreatiated.

Hello all , new here . Going to the fort for Halloween this year. I have a pop up and wasnt able to get a full hook up site. So i was told there is no dump station. What do we do with the gray , and the black? I have a chem toilet, shower and sink. Just wondering if i need to make any mods or changes now, lol. Any help , advice is appreatiated.

Pull your gray Thetford tank out (if it's removable) or pull your camper to an empty site (any site you can find) that has a sewer hookup (other than 1500 and 2000), back in, and drop your load. Then you pull out and leave. That's the bottom line. Find an empty site in the morning (there always is one nearby) and use its sewer hookup for a few min. That's for black.

For gray, use a bucket of your favorite size and empty it in an empty site (same song and dance). The toilets and sink in the Comfort Station are not for gray tank/bucket contents. Don't pour it out on the ground unless you want the entire wildlife population to show up at your site in a few hours.

That's the only answer, Sjm9911. Unless you want to haul it all home. The Comfort Stations are very nice and should be used as much as possible. Minimize your gray and dispose of properly. I have a popup too (Aliner) and other than night time needs, we use the CS all the other times for showers and toilet. We find an empty site on the morning we leave to drop the tank contents before we hit the road. And we use disposable plates, silverware, and disenfectant wipes to pre-clean remaining pots, pans, and cookware.

And hey, welcome to the DIS Camping Board. :welcome: :disrocks:

Bama Ed

PS - over the years we have learned to use the Comfort Station as much as possible. And I've become a master of the low mess meal with meat on the grill, a microwaveable/disposable pasta or mashed spud, and a sliced tomato as the fruit/veg. It all leaves very little cleanup.

Last edited:
Kinda what i thought , but was making sure. I do like the freedom of a full hook up, maybe one will open up. My 7yo makes a mess and im a half @#$ gourmet cook. So that means many dishes, lol. And thats with the steak and baked potato. I have a gray water tote, never used it, but i will make accomidations for it. And yes the ford is a must at nightime. Thanks for the welcome, i have many questions i will search for and not find then ask!

Oh , is there any problem with driving the stuff over to the empty site? So if its far and i have a large towable gray water tote, with the ford cassette in my truck?

Oh , is there any problem with driving the stuff over to the empty site? So if its far and i have a large towable gray water tote, with the ford cassette in my truck?
No problem.

Welcome to the camping board.

In addition to what has been said above - stay on top of things and a full hook-up very well may show up. Halloween books early and completely, but it is still early and might come available.

If you can handle floating the money for a bit, an option would be to look for one or two nights at a time for your FHU site, while keeping your tent site as a back-up. Over time, you may be able to piecemeal it together. If all of your dates come up and you get them reserved individually, you can call in to have those dates pulled together onto one reservation and then cancel your tent site. If it doesn't work out, you can cancel your FHU reservations and just stay with the tent site you have booked. You would need to be a little intentional in watching for impacts of the new 60-day cancellation rule and FP+, but if the system is working properly, this type of an approach shouldn't be impacted.

I was thinking of giving the person we booked with a call. But with all the hype about star wars i was happy to get anything. Who knows , the tent site might be perfect.

If you keep checking I'd be willing to bet a full hook-up will open, but you'll need to be diligent about. We see and hear about lots of folks being able to do so, especially within a few weeks of the arrival times.

I will call this week , i atually thing im going to add some days. Lol. I figure if it take this much planning , etc , might as well go big. It beats the allternative, going home!

I was thinking of giving the person we booked with a call. But with all the hype about star wars i was happy to get anything.

There's still a lot of question of SWGE opening dates. I think early to mid-fall is going to be unusually quiet as some people wait. It is quite possible, however, that it could be close to Thanksgiving before it opens. 'Late Fall,' for Disney, can be quite late!

I hope so, i booked over a year in advance, when i looked for a campsight they were all booked online. I called the mouse counselors at the recommendation of a freind on a pop up sight. They had it booked in a day. Really like those guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter