The Good, The Bad, The Cancelled and The Surprising ... Our Take on Deluxe Dining!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're back posting again! I LOVED the cheese soup, but wasn't wowed by the steaks either. I preferred the Yachtsman much more over Le Cellier. That Moose looked great. In addition to the great cream cheese mashed potatoes I would also recommend the macaroni & cheese. We ordered a side of it when we had lunch there, it was some of the best macaroni & cheese I've ever had! And believe me I've tried some good ones!

Keep the reviews coming!

Joining in late also!! Just read through the whole report & enjoying it. My DH & I are going in May & we have the DxDp so I was very interested in your report.
We are trying Narcoosees for the first time & I hope our service is better than yours was:confused3 We are also trying Teppan Edo for the first time. Love your review:thumbsup2 We are staying at Beach Club so we want to try Beaches & Cream also!! This is our 25th Anniv. trip & the first one without our boys.

Enjoying all your reviews:thumbsup2

Still loving your report! :thumbsup2 I haven't been here in a while and I just caught up. Great! One question...At Beaches & Cream, do you get appetizers on the DxDDP? Maybe that's why you got the chili for free? I'm wondering because we're getting the DxDDP for the first time for our May trip and Beaches & Cream is definately on our list!

Joining in quite late, but thoroughly enjoying your review! I love the honesty and all the photos. I was getting so hungry, I had to break into my stash of Girl Scout cookies while I read the rest. I do have to say that I agree with you on Le Cellier. We enjoyed our meal and thought it was very good, but it hasn't made our "must-do" list for this next trip. There are just so many places to try out!

Love your reviews! The pictures really help for those of us who haven't been to any of these places. I'm sorry about your Le Cellier experience. I don't feel so bad now about not getting in on my upcoming trip.

Keep up the good work. My mouth is watering!

Gina in Vancouver BC, Canada.:banana:

I am up late because I am sick and can't sleep. Let me tell you I am starving now that I have read these great reviews. Can't wait to read more!!!

Hi!:goodvibes I am really enjoying your trip report.:thumbsup2 Thank you for posting so many delicious pictures.:thumbsup2 We have been trying to decide about DDP and I think I want to try it now. There are too many awsome restaurants to pass up.:rotfl: I can't wait to read more about your trip.

Just came across your reviews. Hubby and I are going in September for our anniversary with 16 nights on the DDDP:eek: I am loving your reports, especially as you are eating in many of the places on our list. Loved the sound of Teppan Edo, that is definitely on my list. Looking forward to Artist Point (we loved it there) and I am now adding Beaches and Cream to our ADRs too.

Looking forward to more.

I finally caught up! I'm enjoying your reviews!

I feel the same way about LeCellier. DH loves going there, so we almost always end up with a reservation for it, but I just am not blown away by it. Mostly for me, it's because I'm not a big eater, and it's hard to find something that won't just be a waste. But I am not a huge fan of the cheese soup either. To each his own, I suppose! ;)

OK, so I'm 5 months late in discovering your reviews :lmao: Better late than never though! Really looking forward to your next installment, as we're doing the DxDP in September.

Good review of Le Cellier. I was able to finally get a ressie for May for lunch and I don't like mushrooms either. So I am going to order those yummy sounding potatoes instead. I had the cheddar cheese soup at the FW Festival in Oct and I thought it was a bit rich.

The potatoes are definitely yummy!! Have fun on your trip!

I can hardly wait to hear more reviews. I'm so glad we are doing the DxDP this May. I love all the pics. Keep them coming so we can keep looking.

Sorry to be so slow with the updates lately :guilty:

When we went there for our Honeymoon we had luch at the SciFi as well, man that was some good chili

My Husband still talks about that chili :laughing:

I'm in

Thanks for taking the time to write the reviews. Have you been to the Yachtsmen Steakhouse?? Its a 2 credit resto but DEFINITELY worth the trip. It on my family's top todo lists everytime we go

I haven't been to Yachtsman, we actually gave that reservation up to go to Le Cellier :sad2:

Glad you enjoyed Le Cellier, but sorry that it didn't live up to your expectations. Thanks for the honest review!;)

Thank you for reading!

joining in very very late, read all your reviews last night on a cold
freezing miserable night in scotland, cheered me no end

Thank you so much for reading!!

Another great review, sorry to hear that you didn't think Le Cellier was that great.

There's always the bad with the good right? ;)

Very late joining in, but I just sat and read the whole thread. Your reviews are great and I'm thinking I'll have to add Teppan Edo to our trip next January. I think our kids will love watching the food preparation!

Being from Canada I was disappointed that I couldn't get LC for our first family trip last June, but it sounds like maybe that was not a bad turn of events. My mom always said it was no raving heck and didn't hold a candle to our favorite steak house up here, but I thought all the disers must know something she didn't. Maybe I have to say mom knows best.

I think your kids would definitely enjoy the food prep at Teppan Edo! In my opinion, I would say your Mom knows best :thumbsup2

We are set up for deluxe dining as well and I was wondering if you kept track of how much you paid in tips? I am a planner and I would like to set the cash aside before we go.

For the most part we left a 15% tip, a few places a little less and a couple places a little more. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, I didn't track that portion of the meal very well :upsidedow

Sorry LeCellier was only so-so-- that's how we felt about Ohana. Everyone builds it up as this amazing place, and we felt it was lackluster, food and service wise.

Uh-oh, that scares me because we have Ohana booked for our trip in May :eek:

I can't wait for you to finish to get your "final thoughts." Whether it priced out to be worth the expense etc.

I'm so sorry I've been slow with the updates, I will definitely finish before our next trip in May!

I felt bad thinking the same thing...Ohana was quantity over quality.

Ok, the more I read the more I get scared about our reservation here :scared1:

Glad you're back posting again! I LOVED the cheese soup, but wasn't wowed by the steaks either. I preferred the Yachtsman much more over Le Cellier. That Moose looked great. In addition to the great cream cheese mashed potatoes I would also recommend the macaroni & cheese. We ordered a side of it when we had lunch there, it was some of the best macaroni & cheese I've ever had! And believe me I've tried some good ones!

Keep the reviews coming!

I didn't even see the mac & cheese on the menu .... now I'm sad ... that's a major food group in my mind :lmao:

Joining in late also!! Just read through the whole report & enjoying it. My DH & I are going in May & we have the DxDp so I was very interested in your report.
We are trying Narcoosees for the first time & I hope our service is better than yours was We are also trying Teppan Edo for the first time. Love your review We are staying at Beach Club so we want to try Beaches & Cream also!! This is our 25th Anniv. trip & the first one without our boys.

Enjoying all your reviews:thumbsup2

When will you be there in May? We will be there in May and staying at the Beach Club as well. Great minds think alike huh :thumbsup2 We will only be celebrating our 2 year anniversary. Major congrats on such a big anniversary!!!!

Just read the whole thing!

Can't wait to read the rest.

Thank you for reading :goodvibes

this is a great report. It makes me soo hungry and we have to wait until October!!!

It will be here quicker than you know it!!;)

Still loving your report! :thumbsup2 I haven't been here in a while and I just caught up. Great! One question...At Beaches & Cream, do you get appetizers on the DxDDP? Maybe that's why you got the chili for free? I'm wondering because we're getting the DxDDP for the first time for our May trip and Beaches & Cream is definately on our list!

No, there aren't appetizers at B&C ... I never thought about that being why we didn't get charged for the chili ... great point! Where are you staying in May?

Love your reviews!

Thank you!!!

Joining in quite late, but thoroughly enjoying your review! I love the honesty and all the photos. I was getting so hungry, I had to break into my stash of Girl Scout cookies while I read the rest. I do have to say that I agree with you on Le Cellier. We enjoyed our meal and thought it was very good, but it hasn't made our "must-do" list for this next trip. There are just so many places to try out!

Thank you very much! I agree, there are tons of places to try and too little time to do it in :rotfl:

Love your reviews! The pictures really help for those of us who haven't been to any of these places. I'm sorry about your Le Cellier experience. I don't feel so bad now about not getting in on my upcoming trip.

Keep up the good work. My mouth is watering!

Gina in Vancouver BC, Canada.

Thank you for reading :goodvibes

Great reviews! I'm getting hungry just reading them.

Thank you, thank you!!

I am up late because I am sick and can't sleep. Let me tell you I am starving now that I have read these great reviews. Can't wait to read more!!!

I promise to start updating again soon!

Hi!:goodvibes I am really enjoying your trip report.:thumbsup2 Thank you for posting so many delicious pictures.:thumbsup2 We have been trying to decide about DDP and I think I want to try it now. There are too many awsome restaurants to pass up. I can't wait to read more about your trip.

Thanks for joining along!

Just came across your reviews. Hubby and I are going in September for our anniversary with 16 nights on the DDDP:eek: I am loving your reports, especially as you are eating in many of the places on our list. Loved the sound of Teppan Edo, that is definitely on my list. Looking forward to Artist Point (we loved it there) and I am now adding Beaches and Cream to our ADRs too.

Looking forward to more.

Wow .... 16 days!! Will you be doing a report??

I finally caught up! I'm enjoying your reviews!

I feel the same way about LeCellier. DH loves going there, so we almost always end up with a reservation for it, but I just am not blown away by it. Mostly for me, it's because I'm not a big eater, and it's hard to find something that won't just be a waste. But I am not a huge fan of the cheese soup either. To each his own, I suppose! ;)

Yep, a lot of people love it, just not us :)

OK, so I'm 5 months late in discovering your reviews Better late than never though! Really looking forward to your next installment, as we're doing the DxDP in September.

Don't feel bad that it took you five months to find the report .... it's sad that it's taking me over 5 months to write it :laughing:

cant wait to read the whole thing,

Thank you, I truly hope to finish it soon!

Can't wait to read more.

I'm working on more updates now :thumbsup2

So I'm very late joining in, but I've really enjoyed it. I make my ADR's in a little over a week so your review has been great for jogging my memory. We're taking my best friend for her first trip, so I'm planning a little differently than normal.

I'm so sorry you had a so-so experience at Le Cellier. We've been twice and enjoyed it both times. We both agreed, however, that we had a much better experience there with lunch than dinner.

The first time I was dying to try the mushroom risotto, but have an allergy to one specific type of mushroom. The chef was awesome, but because it was a mix of mushrooms and he hadn't roasted them first thing that morning, he couldn't guarantee my no-go one wasn't in it. So no risotto for me. DH ordered to for himself though (the mean man!) and the smell... oh my lord, the smell alone was heavenly. :sad2: I decided to risk it and stole a single mouthful from his plate. :rolleyes1: And it MORE than lived up to the hype! Unfortunately, it must have had crimini's in it because I paid the rest of the day (oh, how I paid!) but it was worth the price!! It was by far, my favourite food of the entire trip. I'm a well done steak girl myself, and it was the only one I had where it was well done, yet still melted in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter