The Girls Only Cheeky, Sneaky WDW Week - When Pre-Trip Reports Collide!!! UPDATED!!!

Sounds like you will both have a fun girly trip. I love reading your TR's:thumbsup2

It's been a while since I checked in but, as the countdown to this second leg of my September State-side sojourn slips ever nearer to single digit, I thought I'd better give a quick update. It's not much, but there have been one or two tweaks and twiddles so here's our revised itinerary...

Saturday to Monday remain pretty much the same - tho' there's a chance that our Monday mall madness might require a celebratory evening meal at Jiko (our current fave on-site restaurant) so I've made a speculative ressie here just in case - did I ever tell you how much I love the online ADR system..?? ;)

The biggest change occurs on Tuesday when, instead of our previous park plans, we have to get up early and head straight for EPCOT as we are due to try a new Segway tour called “Nature-Inspired Design”!!! Sophie booked this whilst I was in Spain during July and it sounds flippin' awesome!!! Here's a taster from Disney:

"Discover the wonder of nature-inspired design as you glide through land, sea and air at Epcot®. This 3-hour backstage tour allows you to experience the symbiotic relationship between nature and the nature-inspired designs incorporated into Epcot® pavilions and attractions. Glide over California on Soarin’™, tour the greenhouses at The Land pavilion, explore The Seas with Nemo & Friends® and visit Life Support scientists to learn how technology helps us maintain a better balance with nature.

After completing a required product overview and training, you will be equipped with a helmet and a Segway® Personal Transporter X-2 to experience this unique off-road tour. Epcot® Cast Member scientists share how their work environments are inspired by nature’s own design and how they use evolving technologies to maintain a balance with the world around them. After experiencing “air, land and sea” you will have the opportunity to ride your Segway® X-2 in a designated off-road backstage area at Epcot®..."

Sounds good, huh?? Sophie and I are big, nay huge Segway fans and this will be our 3rd two-wheelin' WDW experience...

4B0C1D9E-D173-44B8-8E6A-F74522CF9A4.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

The other update occurs on Thursday evening. As previously mentioned, we had intended to attend the Velvet Sessions gig at the Hard Rock Hotel but TBH our enthusiasm had waned over the intervening months - so much so that I had secured a dinner reservation at the reliable Artists Point should we wish to avoid straying off-site... However, last week all that changed. The info filtered through that the Bangles were scheduled to headline September's Velvet Session and that proved too much for DD Sophie, a big bold Bangles fan!!! So, despite the higher than usual admission, we are willing to walk like Egyptians and embrace the Eternal Flame on this Manic Thursday - er... well, you get the gist... ;)

vs0909tix.jpg

The event kicks off at 6.30pm with canapes, speciality cocktails and a warm-up act so we wanna get there early to get maximum value from our $50 tickets. Someone call a cab for the two British babes in odd eighties attire!!!

And that's all for now. I can't imagine there'll be any other updates prior to departure but you never know. Rest assured, I'll keep you informed but mostly I'll look forward to to filling you with all the post-trip gossip when I return... :goodvibes

OK, I was jealous of you and everybody else that got to play with the new online ADR system but now I'm majorly jealous that you get to do a 3 HOUR Segway tour. :sad1: I fell in love with the Segways when we did the Around The World tour earlier this year and the new one sounds fantastic! I wouldn't mind seeing the Bangles either.

Have a fantastic trip. :goodvibes

OK, I was jealous of you and everybody else that got to play with the new online ADR system but now I'm majorly jealous that you get to do a 3 HOUR Segway tour. :sad1: I fell in love with the Segways when we did the Around The World tour earlier this year and the new one sounds fantastic! I wouldn't mind seeing the Bangles either.

Have a fantastic trip. :goodvibes

Thanks David - I'll be sure to let you know the verdict on this new Segway tour... :thumbsup2 And the Bangles... ;)

How lucky are you to see the Bangles ;) I have always wanted to do Velvet sessions but when we have been in Orlando there has never been anyone I want to see ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter