The Frumps Have Hit the Wall... And No One's Mad. "FART SHOES." UPDATE 1/20

OMG you guys are too funny! I swear you are my friends and I! :lmao: When we get excited, it's over the top! :lmao:

Your mom's surprise was too cute!! She looks so happy!!!

How sad leaving Preston! :sad1: I know it's hard! My boyfriend is from the same area as me, but last year we were at different schools and it was just awful! Granted we weren't a plane ride apart, but it was still hard. You will get through it, and I'm sure it will be very strengthening for your relationship! :goodvibes

I LOVE YOUR CREWNECKS! Where the heck did you get them?? So cute!

YAY! Can't wait to hear about your arrival!:cool1:

Awww, what a great surprise for your mom on mother's day! :banana:

Haha, love all the pics in the children's section at the airport! It must have been hard saying goodbye to your bf, but at least you were going to DISNEY! :banana:

Ahhh, the old Stacey, I miss the Top 7 so much! Watching that on the plane is a great idea, I might have to steal that idea for my next trip! :thumbsup2

I love Southwest, I feel like they know how anxious people are to arrive in Disney World and try SO hard to get you there early! :dance3:

Haha, funny faces and photo shoots are the best. Frumptacular faces if I do say so myself. Sadly, I'm notorious for them too. ;)

You're almost there! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Jess, that picture of you and your mom hugging after you gave her the surprise seriously made me cry. That is SO CUTE. :goodvibes I'm so glad you guys got to spend a few days together at the end of your trip!

YAY FRUMPY AIRPORT PICTURES. Kristen, your facial expressions are killing me. :rotfl: You truly are a muppet. *Maniacal laugh*

Jess, I'm so sorry your departure was so bittersweet. :hug: I always get nervous in airports because I associate them with being separated from John. If I live to be 100 I will never forget how it felt to watch him get on a plane to Iraq. :sad1: Hang in there, a long distance relationship with the right person is TOTALLY worth it. Seeing each other again in August will be the best feeling in the world. Until then, if you ever need to vent to someone who totally understands how bad is sucks, you've got my number. :)

Can't wait to read this TR it's like the best of both worlds with the two of your writing. I was really hoping your "fart shoes" reference would be a muppets one, you can't go wrong with Fozzie Bear.

I have the exact same Lion King shirt! Jess, you and Preston look so cute together. I'm glad you found love at your new school. :)

That's so sweet that you invited your mom along to Disney with you! She looks super-excited!

Yay for getting to Orlando early! I feel like that happens a lot on the way down for us too. I have a theory that they over-estimate the time by a few minutes so that it makes the people on the plane all happy when they land early! :laughing:

Woohoo! Almost to Disney! :banana:

Wow, you two were in RARE form at the airport...:rotfl: Love it!

Kristen - I LOVE your Vera backpack! I wanted something in that pattern so badly, and now it's gone. Sadness. :sad1: Also (and I feel a bit weird saying this, since I don't REALLY know you, but I feel like I do from your reports), congrats on getting the braces removed...you look fabulous! :thumbsup2

Jess - Yes, the long distance thing does suck. But you'll get through it, and you two will be stronger from it! :goodvibes
EDITED TO ADD: Also, LOVE that you surprised your mom. How sweet! Those pictures are adorable.

Can't wait for more frumpiness! :goodvibes

Hahaha we were having a great time!
I LOVED that print too! I'm sad that it's gone as well.
Aww don't feel weird at all! Thank you so much!

Yeah, it does. It's going to be great once it's over! It'll be a huge accomplishment, that's for sure.

Aww thank you! She was so excited!

I can't wait to see the video!! Jess, did Kristen show you what I made last night? LOL

I don't think we have a kid's section/slide at our airport - if there is, I've never seen it. Bah.

Jess - I love that you got to surprise your mom like that! You are just the queen of Disney vacation surprises.

SKYMALL. I am obsessed with SkyMall. It's my favorite part of flying!

Oh derpy Stacey.

Haha I just hope I'll have time to make the video. My life is insane. I'll make sure it gets done eventually, though. Even if it takes a long time! And no she hasn't shown me them!!

How unfortunate! I think every gate should have a slide!

Aww thank you! LOL yeah, that seems to be a trending topic now, doesn't it?

OMG us too. It passes so much time.

Derp.

I concur great smile Kristen.

Thank you!

So close to Disney! :wizard: Those crew necks are so cute! Where did you get them?

SO EXCITED! Thank you! Forever 21!

I want that Tangled Cake! It's so PERFECT:love:

Thank you so much! It was my favorite cake of all time!

Jess,

Let me tell you a little something about long distance relationship that I hope will ease your mind, fears and sadness.

My wife and I were from two totally different areas of the United States. She was from the Piney Woods area of Texas known at Texarkana and I was from Los Angeles known as a great place to visit but terrible place to live.

You see my wife of now 15 years and two gorgeous children later were brought together by the 56K modem era of 3.1 AOL and Al Gore's invention of the internet. We strictly spoke via chat and phone for 2 years until we were comfortable with each other and decided to meet. I flew her out to California and a flew her back 1 week later I emptied my bank accounts and packed up my truck and was moving to Texas.

So you see fate deals everybody a different hand and today we are still happy and married and loving each other while we make sure these two grow up to be respectable people while contributing to society in a positive manner.

540503_3424438055225_1849945801_n.jpg

If you guys are serious about your commitment and respect each other the way each of you feel you deserve to be respected then you should not have any issues. Who knows what could happen in the future? My long distance relationship produced a wife and two beautiful kids.

Thanks, Jeff

That is SUCH a beautiful story! I'm so happy that everything worked out for you guys! How wonderful.

We're still young, but we're trying out the long distance thing. And although it's hard, it isn't impossible. We trust each other enough to make it work, so we will see what life throws at us!

Yay updates! And double yay for two in a row! ^^

I just love these updates and I honestly don't think anybody could beat you girls about making me sooo excited about Disney. You two just seem to be like, surrounded by a constant aura of Disney excitement, it's pretty awesome if you ask me

Kristen, I do agree, those faces are pretty frumptastic if I do say so myself! And man do I wish my exam days in school would have concluded in Disney, that would have made me look forward to them thorough the whole year! Oh, and I agree about the body scans. I got put through one of those, and then I had to stay behind cause they had to check my hair! Apparently it's a great hiding spot nowadays :rotfl2:

And just a quick mention to Jess about the long distance - hang on tight! The good part about this is that it only gets better. Being apart sucks and it hurts, but when you get to see each other again, there's nothing quite like it. And it's great to have a family and friends that are there for you, and even if they don't fully get it because they don't live it, that are understanding of it. For some people it's pretty hard to get - I said goodbye to my wife, who had to go back to the US for the summer, on May 10th, not supposed to see her until mid July, and then I was able to surprise visit her on June 1st. My parents' reaction? "Already?" I was like... I haven't seen my wife in almost three weeks, and it's already? Seems like a lifetime! :rotfl:

But yeah, just wait until you get back to college in the fall. Everything just seems right again and it doesn't feel like the time you spent apart mattered or happened at all :cloud9:

Most likely when we update on this TR there will be multiple posts because we have so many pictures!

Aww thank you for those kind words! That really means a lot to us.

Kristen was really lucky that after a horrible year of AP US she was able to get a reward! haha and oh wow, people are hiding things in their hair nowadays? I would have never thought of that! How frumpy.

Thank you SO much for the advice. That's really helpful and you really put into words what I was feeling. I think that everything will be okay, but time apart is really hard! 3 months is a very long time. But when we see each other again it will be wonderful! Thankfully we have the whole upcoming school year to look forward to, so it will be great!

Kadence now says she's going to act like you two when she gets to be a teenager. Then she asked me if I'd will let her go to Disney with her friends, without us!?

Silly girl, we can't stay home!

Jess, she's sad you hit a deer. Probably because the deer was hurt.:rolleyes1

Hahaha don't worry, besides our frumpy/silly nature we are good girls! :-) So that's a good thing! haha

And LOL that's so funny! I would say the same thing as you!

Aww I was sad too! I was very concerned about the deer as well, don't worry! I'm glad it got up and ran away, I just hope it wasn't seriously injured.

Hi Girls im new to dis boards and i love reading the trip reports posted by you both they always make me smile. Me and my sister are going to disneyworld in March 2013 we havent been since 2001 we usually go to disneyland paris as we live in the UK and its closer. We LOVE our Food so im so happy to hear about all the amazing places to eat. :cheer2:

Jess i thought your mothers day present to your mum was lovely so nice that you have such a great relationship and that she understands the disney magic :) and i can't wait to hear about your trip to disneyland.

I follow you both on twitter so i saw your live updates and pictures from this trip can't wait to read about the rest of the trip :thumbsup2

Welcome, welcome! I'm so glad you're here! Thank you for the compliments! Oh my gosh, your trip sounds WONDERFUL! Ahhh I'm so excited for you! Make sure you make your list of ADR's and book them 180 days out so you can definitely get what you want! This is a big occasion!

Aww thank you! I'm so glad that my Mom and I are so close. It really helps to have a mutual Disney understanding! And aww thanks! I can't wait to go on that trip!! 63 days EEEEEE! :-)

Hooray! Tweet us sometime with your disboards name so we can follow you back if we don't already! I'm glad you enjoyed the updates! And we can't wait to tell you about the rest!

That Vinylmation is actually cute! I love Dodger!

Awww! How cute that you surprised your mom. That's so special! She looks so excited. :)

Yall's photos are just cracking me up! Good lord. But this saying goodbye to Preston thing is making me sad. :( You look so genuinely sad in that picture. Aww break my heart! :sad1:

HOORAY for the arrival in Disney!!! Yeah I remember you tweeting the lyrics to that song and it was stuck in my head for hours. And now it will be again. Haha!

Thank you! I got it off of ebay lol

She was SO happy!

Hahaha why thank you. Oh my God, my heart was breaking lol. I had been dreading and looking forward to that day for months. It was such a weird thing.

YAYAYAY! LOL that song is SO CATCHY.

Seventh page? REALLY?! Did it seriously take me THIS long to find you had started another frumptastic TR? Well, now or never I say (not really) and I've arrived (FINALLY). Can't wait to read all about it! :mickeyjum

Yeah. WE'RE FRUMPIN' AWESOME! lol just kidding. I'm glad you're here, Timmy! It's always great to know you're reading along because we know how much you appreciate the reports! Thanks for being here again!

I am so in! I just got a MacBook so I can finally see your pictures!!! I can't see the pics on Safari only Mozilla..weird.

Anyways, I was reading your report and just called my boyfriend a frump and he was like What????

I told him what it meant and he said Ok, so Maybe I am a Frump!

HOORAY! The pictures are the best part! haha

LOL that's what happened the first time I called Preston a frump too. However, now he uses the word ALL the time. And he knows he is a frump!! I'm glad you're bring that word into everyday life. I'm so proud.

Kristen I forgot to say earlier I have the same pink t-shirt as you from the first post and also those muppet pants are cool.

Jess I have that Vinylmation and cool Donald glass.

Luving all the frumpy pics esp the last one where yee both look ready to hop off the plane before it actually hit the ground you're that excited :rotfl:

Ahh do you!? That's awesome. And yes they are great!

How cool! And thank you! It's an old one lol.

Hahaha thank you!

Way to make me cry TWICE in one day! LOL- first when you gave your mom the letter- TEARS, and then your last picture with Preston :( My husband and I lived 3 hours apart for the first year of our relationship, so i kind of know how it feels to do the whole Long Distance thing.

Awww! I know, this was such an emotional update. I'm sorry you guys had to go through it too!

Those pancakes look delicious. And I love the Disney cup with Donald and Snow White on it!

Awww, I’m so happy that your mom got to come with you at the end of your trip, Jess!

I am in love with the Disney crew necks. Forever 21, right?

I love your earrings Kristen!

I feel so bad for you, Jess, that you had to leave Preston. But going to Disney makes it all better, right?

Sky Mall + Disney = awesomeness.

YAY! DISNEY!

Thank you!
Me too! We had so much fun!
Yup, you are correct!
Thank you!
Aw thank you. Yeah, that was the PERFECT time for me to go to Disney. Because I had no time to mope around!
Ohhh yeah.
YAY!

The surprise for your mum was SO sweet!!
I just made my husband read it, I was like, 'its great coz she is as much of a Disney frump as Jess' and he was like, what are you talking about! Lol
Keep the updates coming girls! Love it!:goodvibes

P.S. when I typed 'Disney' and 'frump' into twitter, you two were the only ones that came up. :rotfl:

Aww thank you!
Hahaha that's fantastic. You'll have to explain frump to him.
Will do!

OMG you guys are too funny! I swear you are my friends and I! :lmao: When we get excited, it's over the top! :lmao:

Your mom's surprise was too cute!! She looks so happy!!!

How sad leaving Preston! :sad1: I know it's hard! My boyfriend is from the same area as me, but last year we were at different schools and it was just awful! Granted we weren't a plane ride apart, but it was still hard. You will get through it, and I'm sure it will be very strengthening for your relationship! :goodvibes

I LOVE YOUR CREWNECKS! Where the heck did you get them?? So cute!

YAY! Can't wait to hear about your arrival!:cool1:

Haha why thank you! I'm glad you can relate!
She was SO excited!
Yeah, distance is hard no matter how far it is. I'm sure everything will be okay! It's just a test we have to go through, I guess! When we see each other again it will be really wonderful!
Thank you! Forever 21!
Thank you!

Awww, what a great surprise for your mom on mother's day! :banana:

Haha, love all the pics in the children's section at the airport! It must have been hard saying goodbye to your bf, but at least you were going to DISNEY! :banana:

Ahhh, the old Stacey, I miss the Top 7 so much! Watching that on the plane is a great idea, I might have to steal that idea for my next trip! :thumbsup2

I love Southwest, I feel like they know how anxious people are to arrive in Disney World and try SO hard to get you there early! :dance3:

She was so excited!
Thank you LOL. Yeah, that Disney trip sure came at a good time!
I miss it too! Haha it really got us all hyped up for Disney! (not that we needed any help with that haha)
So do I! And they really do! I ALWAYS get there early!

Haha, funny faces and photo shoots are the best. Frumptacular faces if I do say so myself. Sadly, I'm notorious for them too. ;)

You're almost there! I can't wait to hear more about it.

LOL oh thank you! I'm glad you like them!
Thanks!

Jess, that picture of you and your mom hugging after you gave her the surprise seriously made me cry. That is SO CUTE. :goodvibes I'm so glad you guys got to spend a few days together at the end of your trip!

YAY FRUMPY AIRPORT PICTURES. Kristen, your facial expressions are killing me. :rotfl: You truly are a muppet. *Maniacal laugh*

Jess, I'm so sorry your departure was so bittersweet. :hug: I always get nervous in airports because I associate them with being separated from John. If I live to be 100 I will never forget how it felt to watch him get on a plane to Iraq. :sad1: Hang in there, a long distance relationship with the right person is TOTALLY worth it. Seeing each other again in August will be the best feeling in the world. Until then, if you ever need to vent to someone who totally understands how bad is sucks, you've got my number. :)

Aww thank you so much! I seriously am so glad that you get to take your Mom to Disney! That just warms my heart.

Hahaha thank you, Joni!

Aww that's SO sad. I couldn't even imagine how that must feel. You and John are both so brave and I admire you for being so strong. And yes, you're right! Once August comes around, we are both going to be SO happy, because we will know that we passed one of the first major tests of our relationship! And aww Joni you seriously are the best. :hug: I'm so glad we're friends! Thank you so much! And YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD SOOON! YAY!

Can't wait to read this TR it's like the best of both worlds with the two of your writing. I was really hoping your "fart shoes" reference would be a muppets one, you can't go wrong with Fozzie Bear.

Haha aww thank you so much! We hoped you guys would like that! And you are so right about that, my friend!

I have the exact same Lion King shirt! Jess, you and Preston look so cute together. I'm glad you found love at your new school. :)

Aww do you!? I love that one! Thank you so much! So am I - Preston really is wonderful!

That's so sweet that you invited your mom along to Disney with you! She looks super-excited!

Yay for getting to Orlando early! I feel like that happens a lot on the way down for us too. I have a theory that they over-estimate the time by a few minutes so that it makes the people on the plane all happy when they land early! :laughing:

She was SO happy!

Hahaha I seriously think they do too, because it happens EVERY time! Oh well, I was not mad at all!

Yay for two updates in a row!

I laughed so hard looking at your pics from the airport....you guys all looked like you were having such a great time.

That's too bad that you had to say goodbye to Preston right before leaving for Disney Jess but hopefully a trip with him will be in your future someday, and that`s also too bad Kristen that you had to write an exam right beforehand, school and disney just never mix that well lol.

Are your shirts from the forever 21 collection They look familiar and I was just wondering if that`s possibly where they are from.

Yay your almost there and I can`t wait to hear all about it

joining in!
wonderful start!
Jess, Preston and you make an adorable couple! I can TOTALLY see the disney freak in him!!! :-)
xo

Great updates!! I love you girls :love: I'm so excited that you two are writing a trip report together!! Brilliant :) Jess. Preston is so adorable. You guys make such a cute couple. Kristin, your frumpy faces are hilarious. Can't wait to read more. -Amanda

Okay, when you all go next, can you stuff me in one of your suitcases? Please? ;)

Jess, you and Preston def. make an adorable couple!

How long does it take for you both to do your themed nails?

OMG YAY!!! I'm so glad you guys are reunited for a Disney trip!! I love your shenanigans, you guys make me laugh so much! I love how much fun you have!! Can't wait for more!

okay, you girls are just too darn adorable!! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I am a Disney crazy Mom who took her now almost 20 year old DS on over 20 WDW trips. Now he's in college and my last few trips have been without him :sad1: But I am hoping he'll graduate and get great job and start taking Mom on Disney trips!
And Jess, DS has been using that same Disney glass with Donald "Fauntleroy" Duck from McDonalds for many years!!!

Yay for two updates in a row!

I laughed so hard looking at your pics from the airport....you guys all looked like you were having such a great time.

That's too bad that you had to say goodbye to Preston right before leaving for Disney Jess but hopefully a trip with him will be in your future someday, and that`s also too bad Kristen that you had to write an exam right beforehand, school and disney just never mix that well lol.

Are your shirts from the forever 21 collection They look familiar and I was just wondering if that`s possibly where they are from.

Yay your almost there and I can`t wait to hear all about it

Haha we really were! Going to Disney always puts us in a great mood!
I know, it really was a bittersweet departure. I hope so too! He really wants to go so once we can both save up enough money maybe we'll be able to go! And I know, but at least she got a reward for taking it!

Why yes they are!

Thank you!

joining in!
wonderful start!
Jess, Preston and you make an adorable couple! I can TOTALLY see the disney freak in him!!! :-)
xo

Hooray! Thank you!
And awww thank you! :goodvibes

Great updates!! I love you girls :love: I'm so excited that you two are writing a trip report together!! Brilliant :) Jess. Preston is so adorable. You guys make such a cute couple. Kristin, your frumpy faces are hilarious. Can't wait to read more. -Amanda

Thank you so much! It's going to be a lot of fun! And awww thank you. He's a great guy! :goodvibes And Kristen says thank you as well. Thanks for being here!

I love your trip reports. Dis celebrities TBH... :worship:

:rotfl: Aww thank you!

Jumping in. You guys have the best trip reports. Love you frumps :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! :)

Okay, when you all go next, can you stuff me in one of your suitcases? Please? ;)

Jess, you and Preston def. make an adorable couple!

How long does it take for you both to do your themed nails?

Hahaha sure!
Thank you so much!
Oh wow, the nails take FOREVER. Probably from anywhere from 2-4 hours. It just takes them so long to dry.

OMG YAY!!! I'm so glad you guys are reunited for a Disney trip!! I love your shenanigans, you guys make me laugh so much! I love how much fun you have!! Can't wait for more!

Woohoo! It was lots of fun! I'm glad you appreciate our frumpy antics! We really do have a good time for ourselves! Thanks for being here!

okay, you girls are just too darn adorable!! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I am a Disney crazy Mom who took her now almost 20 year old DS on over 20 WDW trips. Now he's in college and my last few trips have been without him :sad1: But I am hoping he'll graduate and get great job and start taking Mom on Disney trips!
And Jess, DS has been using that same Disney glass with Donald "Fauntleroy" Duck from McDonalds for many years!!!

Aww thank you! I can't believe he lets you go down to Disney without him! I would come home to go to Disney! :laughing: That would sure be nice - I hope he does too! And aww does he!? I have had that glass FOREVER.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter