The FrenchFry takes on the Caesar Salad - DREAM COME TRUE GOT TO MEET PODCAST TEAM!

What a great day at WWOHP! It brings back some awesome memories for me and I'm so excited that we get to go back in 6 months!

Sorry about the $8 water. HRH will get ya!

Jeepers $8 for water!!!

Great pics from WWOHP, looks like so much fun and v authentic :)

Aww, I can't WAIT to get to WWOHP! It just hasn't been in the cards for us on our trips...maybe our big one next summer....

$8 water sounds about right-- though outrageous! I don't know how they can get away with such prices in hotel rooms! I love your pictures of WWoHP-- I can't wait to go in August (just started my PTR on that today if you want to check it out!).

What a great day at WWOHP! It brings back some awesome memories for me and I'm so excited that we get to go back in 6 months!

Sorry about the $8 water. HRH will get ya!

Its such an immersive area! really enjoyeg getting the early entry and just watching all the shop windows as we dandered through...you are so lucky you get to go back so soon!!!:yay:

The water is a funny thing to look back on now!

Jeepers $8 for water!!!

Great pics from WWOHP, looks like so much fun and v authentic :)

It is definitely such an authentic area, especially noticing details from the books, watching all the window displays come to life and just getting to have a total Harry Potter experience...and I have an excuse to go back as even with the early entry the queue for ollivanders was always too long so we didnt get the wand experience...:idea:

Aww, I can't WAIT to get to WWOHP! It just hasn't been in the cards for us on our trips...maybe our big one next summer....

Hope you can make it over! such a cool cool experience, and for a Harry Potter freak like me I cou;da spent the whole day in there, but with DBF in tow 4/5 hrs over 2 days had to suffice...we still got a great experience though:wizard:...I'd definitely recommend the staying on site and early entry...the queues got pretty crazy, although maybe by next summer it'll be grand!

$8 water sounds about right-- though outrageous! I don't know how they can get away with such prices in hotel rooms! I love your pictures of WWoHP-- I can't wait to go in August (just started my PTR on that today if you want to check it out!).

The hotel prices really really got to DBF! I hadn't realised what a value lover he was! :woohoo: I was so happy to be in the HRH it didn't bother me but DBF was in shock at the water, the breakfast and even in the BUD light by the pool was pretty steep!:scared1:

You are so lucky to havE WWOHP to look forward to! Drinking out of my hogwarts glass is as close as I'll get to Hogsmeade for a few yrs! I will definitely be over to check out your Pre-tripreport!:cool1:

Hey girly!!!! Hope your doing well!! :)

Yes, where have you been?! :confused3

Hi guys,

Thanks for the messages!

I had been revising for my exam, then I passed my exam (into final year of chartered accountancy now) and just recently I have been having a majorly hard time in work, the words 'hell on earth' aren't too far away from it! but so nice to hear from you! oh and I've also been to Egypt!

I took my little sister to London for the weekend and we attended a dis meet! anyone else a big podcast fan? I will share some photos hopefully later tonight, We had such an awesome time, makes my return to my work even harder!

Gotta get this trip report finished!

So after experiencing the Wonderful WWoHP we walked round to Jurassic Park where we had a loooong wait in the express line, maybe half an hour or more!:scared1: but we totally loved that ride, we then walked round and did Dundley do right's ripsaw falls which we thought was very scary! and very constricted, me legs would hardly fit! we did this one twice!

Then since we were already soaked we got on Popeye and Bluto's bilge rat barges where the CM's let us sit on for 3 trips around without getting off, it was so much fun watching the unsuspecting new neighbours on each trip round's horror as all those plunges and waterfalls appeared!!!

cathy-florida288.jpg

Not surprisingly drowned rats had nothing on us!

So we headed back to check out of the hotel and get some nice dry clothes on and then we stopped in at Hard Rock caafe for lunch before heading in to Universal Studios, DBF was very impressed with his first ride The Mummy and we loved Jaws,

cathy-florida289.jpg

cathy-florida290.jpg

Next up was another of DBF's best moment's of the holiday and again totally unexpected...we went to see Fear Factor live and we both thought it was totally cool but apart from the main contest they had a couple of sideshows [SPOILER ALERT], the first was a lady who had to have a bowl over her head with scorpions dropped in...ewwww! but then the presenter was like' ok audience this is something our volunteer has not agreed to, but we are just gonna go for it and drop this super deadly poisonous killer spider in here, he begins to walk towards her with the spider in a see thru box but trips and the box falls from his hands and the spider lands on 4 big teenage boys in the front row who jump up screamin, crying etc while he udience laughs hysterically as they realise its a practical joke! DBF was almost crying with laughter, just couldn't control himself! then the second sideshow was 2 couples eating gross things blended up and one of the couples was being ick and retching, totally gross, again DBF LOLing flat out!:rotfl:

cathy-florida291.jpg

cathy-florida292.jpg

We did Men in Black but my gun broke, I pointed it out to the CM at the end and I think she was surprised that I wasn't annoyed and kept saying'are you sure you wouldn't like another ride madam' so that was nice customer service! but I'm not in love with that rde and just wanted to let her know for the next guest...

cathy-florida293.jpg

cathy-florida294.jpg

Next up was Simpsons which was as good as I had remembered, I know a lot of people get motion sicknes from this ride so luckily me and DBF were ok! by this stage we were pretty tired and had a long wait for Terminator which I'd never seen and will never bother to waste time waiting for again! :confused: but DBF enjoyed it as he is a fan of the films! so Universal was a success, we also rode Shrek and Disaster and enjoyed them both but were glad of the Express passes!

I have just finished listening to Part 1 of the Podcast team's ABD trip to Lodon/paris and was so excited to hear them tell how we met the team at the Tower of London!

I am a very big fan of the podcast, I listen to the new episodes as soon as they are released and then fill up the week working through older episodes as I only discovered it last year! so I was unbelievably excited to be able to attend the Podcast meet in London, as Pete, Walter, Kevin, John, Teresa, Kathy, Corey, Julie, Max x 2 are pretty much my favourite source of entertainment, more so than any tv show or radio station! Big time love!

I recognised Kevin and John from a photo or two I had seen on facebook and approached them at the Tower of London and I can't descrive how pleasant, kind and friendly they were. I got to talk to Walter at the dismeet and he was very funny and charming and Pete had the kindest eyes...so here is a photo we got with Pete and Walter, I think John and Kevin don't like their photo online so I'll leave that one...

303278_254777387888995_100000702067228_846309_492119_n-1.jpg

My sister and I had a brilliant weekdn, we visited Hapton Cour palace

301115_254773847889349_100000702067228_846264_841700_n-1.jpg

Saw the Lion King

Visited tower of London, Harrods and Buckingham palace

293540_254778077888926_100000702067228_846319_3302484_n.jpg

Made lots of nice friends when we partied in some London nighclubs

299904_254777794555621_100000702067228_846315_7565309_n-1.jpg

303215_254776084555792_100000702067228_846292_2509267_n-1.jpg

But the total highlight of my trip was meeting the Podcast team and enjoying the dismeet in the chancery court hotel where Pete and co had laid on a wonderful reception with wine and other fdrinks and beautiful food, amazing!! soooo hope I can make it to next year's party! :yay::yay::yay:

You and your sis are so stylish! I love all your clothes and hairstyles! Looks like you had a good time.

You and your sis are so stylish! I love all your clothes and hairstyles! Looks like you had a good time.

Aw thanks!:cutie:

We have a store here called Primark and it has lots of nice stylish things for very very cheap, so thats basically the only store I shop in, sadly it doenst have an online shop!

I keep thinking of new Disney thinks to match my Disney Dooney's, it was yours that struck up the Disney Dooney love when I saw it in your trip reports!

Great US update, love that you got to ride the barge 3 times in a row :)

Looks like you had a great time in London and awesome that you got to go to a Dismeet, v cool :teeth: Apart from the Dismeet, what was your fav part of your London visit?

Great US update, love that you got to ride the barge 3 times in a row :)

Looks like you had a great time in London and awesome that you got to go to a Dismeet, v cool :teeth: Apart from the Dismeet, what was your fav part of your London visit?

We loved the barge ride and it was good to all the water rides together and have somewhere to go and get changed!:woohoo:

In London...hmmm I actually love getting the tube, it was so exciting looking for the right colour and hopping on and off, we loved the lion king and tower of London was our favourite historic site, getting the tour by the beef eater was excellent. But we probably had the best time on our nights out, we couldn't believe how friendly people were, we weent to Tiger Tiger on the Sat which was so cheesy and cool, danced all night, then on the Sunday we went to club Aura which was a bit too posh for us! and expensive £13 for vodka and red bull! You ever been to those clubs?

Have you heard about the next London dismeet in October? gonna zip over now check if your TR has started, can't wait to read al about th disneymoon! you looked gorgeous btw love the facebook photot of you both looking backward at the camera!!! :yay:

We loved the barge ride and it was good to all the water rides together and have somewhere to go and get changed!:woohoo:

In London...hmmm I actually love getting the tube, it was so exciting looking for the right colour and hopping on and off, we loved the lion king and tower of London was our favourite historic site, getting the tour by the beef eater was excellent. But we probably had the best time on our nights out, we couldn't believe how friendly people were, we weent to Tiger Tiger on the Sat which was so cheesy and cool, danced all night, then on the Sunday we went to club Aura which was a bit too posh for us! and expensive £13 for vodka and red bull! You ever been to those clubs?

Have you heard about the next London dismeet in October? gonna zip over now check if your TR has started, can't wait to read al about th disneymoon! you looked gorgeous btw love the facebook photot of you both looking backward at the camera!!! :yay:

Have been to Tiger Tiger, but not Aura. My new favourite bar is Mahiki which is Polynesian themed, feel right at home there :teeth: Jewel Bar is nice as well, has different themed rooms and plays decent music to dance too :)

Have not heard about the meet this month, when and where is it?

Haven't started our TR yet, was supposed to but got sidetracked. Soon though :)

At least you are still finishing your report even if it takes a while.. I went missing from the boards for like 5 months.. When I got back from my trip in May I was so depressed I couldn't get myself back on.. Until NOW.. Cause I have another trip plan.. YIPPEE!! Hopefully, I can actually finish my TR as well..
I have enjoyed reading about your adventure!! So fun! :)

Have been to Tiger Tiger, but not Aura. My new favourite bar is Mahiki which is Polynesian themed, feel right at home there :teeth: Jewel Bar is nice as well, has different themed rooms and plays decent music to dance too :)

Have not heard about the meet this month, when and where is it?

Haven't started our TR yet, was supposed to but got sidetracked. Soon though :)

I've heard of Mahiki, maybe will get to check it out next time we visit! :banana: although would much rather visit the Polynesian for the first time and get one fo those crazy pineapple lapu lapu drinks!:woohoo:

Yeah that was a bit misleading, I should've added next October, the podcast are organising a seconfd London Paris trip and Pete is hopin to organise a party for the UK dis'ers! sounds so cool!:cool1:

Looking forward to your report! although I have dancing practice 3 nights a week, tuition the other and trying to see DBF the rest! disboards is not getting the time it deserves!:headache:

At least you are still finishing your report even if it takes a while.. I went missing from the boards for like 5 months.. When I got back from my trip in May I was so depressed I couldn't get myself back on.. Until NOW.. Cause I have another trip plan.. YIPPEE!! Hopefully, I can actually finish my TR as well..
I have enjoyed reading about your adventure!! So fun! :)

Wow so cool you have another trip planned already, I totally know what you mean about being too downhearted to get back on the dis after a brilliant holiday! if it makes you feel any better I was calculating and thinking about things like exams, building a house, saving to get married etc etc the next even slightly possible chance I get to come back to Florida will be 2014 and possibly even 2015!!!:scared1: sooo not a nice statistic! but I will continue to read trip reports and dream!:surfweb:

I will look out for your PTR if your doing one! :yay:

I've heard of Mahiki, maybe will get to check it out next time we visit! :banana: although would much rather visit the Polynesian for the first time and get one fo those crazy pineapple lapu lapu drinks!:woohoo:

Yeah that was a bit misleading, I should've added next October, the podcast are organising a seconfd London Paris trip and Pete is hopin to organise a party for the UK dis'ers! sounds so cool!:cool1:

Looking forward to your report! although I have dancing practice 3 nights a week, tuition the other and trying to see DBF the rest! disboards is not getting the time it deserves!:headache:

Ah yes the famous Lapu Lapu, defo worth a try but be warned it is super strong!

Ooh we'll keep an eye on the boards nearer the time. Could be fun to meet our fellow UK Disers :)

Gosh you sound busy busy, I hope you can fit the boards in now and then. But I totally get it. The only time I can fully commit to the boards is the weekend (if I'm in), week days there just isn't enough time in the day :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter