The FrenchFry takes on the Caesar Salad - DREAM COME TRUE GOT TO MEET PODCAST TEAM!

irishdancer86

DIS Veteran
Trip Report Title and brief introductions...
Introductions & London Part: See this post

Day 1: Arrival, DTD, Raglan Road & a disaster!
Day 2: Discovery Cove & DBF discovers Bud Light
Day 2: Discovery Cove Contd...A small point we overlooked...we're scared of fish!
Day 2: Contd...Titanic Exhibition and Torrential Rain!
Day 3: Car Drama resolved and a huge queue issue at Chef Mickey's!
Day 3: Contd...Arrival at Magic Kingdom:hug:
Day 3: MK Contd...new shoes and poncho's used!
Day 4: Hollywood Studio's for Rope Drop :woohoo:
Day 4: DHS Continued...lunch at Sci-Fi!
Day 4: DHS Part 3
Day 5: A change of plans: Shopping, World Cup & Sea World
Day 6: Banjaxed at Busch Gardens...mood improved at Maggiano's!
Day 7: Epcot...aiming for ropedrop...arriving at noon!
Day 7: Epcot Contd...Around the World in 80 minutes, ending in Le Cellier!
Day 8: Kennedy Space Centre & Citywalk on a Saturday Night
Day 8: City Walk Contd: a messy ending :headache:
Day 9: Rainforest Cafe and Pirate's Cove mini golf!
Disney Purchases always cheer me up!
Day 10: Shopping, the shortest trip to W'n'W, The Outback and souveneirs
Life update: My sisters and me!
Day 11: Animal Kingdom: Part 1
Day 11: Animal Kingdom: Part 2, and the unexpected highlight of DBF's trip!
Day 12: Checking in at Hard Rock, WWOHP and Islands of Adventure
Day 12: Contd Hard Rock Double Dip!
Day 13: WWoHP WOW!!!
DISNEY GIFTS
Day 13 Contd: Water rides and Universal Studios
London podcast meet...totally cool!

Me: 23 year old Disney, Florida and general USA Lover who dreams about Disney constantly. I am the french fry in this story.

DBF: 32 year old Disney first timer who thoroughly enjoyed our holiday but I hesitate to say fell in love with Disney due to our packed schedule of 9 theme parks, 2 outlet malls the florida mall and kennedy space centre in 2 very short weeks. He is the caesar salad!

If anyone wants to check out the pre trip report for more background, click here

But now, on with the fun stuff!!!

Our trip began on a friday evening...as DBF was off work he was to finish the packing of last minute bits and pieces and come and collect me straight from work to go to the airport. Despite arriving twenty minutes late to pick me up we were off on holiday and nana and mum who drove us to the airport told me to not panic and just relax and enjoy our evening. but as the saying goes bad luck comes in 3's...

We checked in for our flight to London and made our way to security when DBF got pulled over by a security guard who confiscated all his toiletries from DBF's carry on bag...I stood on in shock at DBF's lack of wit!!!:confused3 annoying incident number 2 was also slightly funny so we tried to make a joke of it as we moved on through into duty free minus all DBF's newly purchased that day toiletries!

Our flight to London was unremarkable, we got a transfer bus and arrived at our hotel around half 9 and despite a busy lobby quickly got out room on the top floor at the very farthest point away from reception :rotfl: but it was grand..

here's a shot of the room before

cathy-florida308-1.jpg

and after DBF decided he had to test it out!

cathy-florida309.jpg

Next morning we were up bright and early for our trip to London...back to the airport we trooped and got the express train into London's Victoria Station, tickets and a drink of Ribena each cost us £60, the minute we got off the train i gobbled a krispy kreme doughnut (not available in ireland...both a curse and a blessing in disguise ;)) Our next stop was booking tickets on a double decker tour bus and also express tickets for the London Dungeons...£98! Our Wallet was losing weight fast!

First Stop was...

cathy-florida020.jpg

cathy-florida019.jpg

Harrods!!! We enjoyed looking at all the lovely items we couln't afford! :)although I did make a mental note to save hard for a lulu guiness handbag, they were beautiful!

Next we continued on the tour of London, enjoying the lovely weather and the tour guides information...a few sights along the way...

cathy-florida024.jpg

cathy-florida021.jpg

cathy-florida022.jpg

We finally got off at the London Dungeon and got to skip the long queue...upon entering the dark reception area a sense of grim foreboding began to creep over me...I could hear the screams coming from the door where the young employee was trying to usher us and quietly asked her...

'Is there a nervous button I could wear?'

Ensue much merriment from said lady and DBF at my request for a badge to let people know what a scaredy cat I am! :lmao: I have no photots from this part of the day owing to my heart being in my mouth the entire time! DBF was picked to take part in 2 cameo roles which was funny and memorable and although I enjoyed this and the historical narrative parts...I literally felt sick from the combined fear of the dark, the scary actors and the unexpected bangs shouts yells and screams that happened for the 2.5 hours we were in there!

:rotfl: a memorable experience but one i will never choose to experience again!

Our last trip on the bus dropped us off outside this little house...
cathy-florida028.jpg

any ideas where we are???
cathy-florida025.jpg

cathy-florida026.jpg

cathy-florida027.jpg

We had hoped to find a nice spot for dinner before heading back to the airport and then our hotel for the night but maybe because we were getting tired we couldn't really agree on a place we both liked and eventually settled on Garfunkel's near the train station...BOO!:confused: Nothing terrible but a vey bland meal...we were pretty exhausted by this stage though...

cathy-florida029.jpg

my mum always says she can tell when i'm too tired because my left eye goes a bit droopy! easy to spot here:laughing:

cathy-florida030.jpg

but we were both enjoying sitting down and talking about our plans for the next morning! and decided we would set 2 alarm clocks and a wake up call to make triply sure we didn't sleep in!

YAY!!! I'm sooo excited that you started your TR FINALLY!! And for some reason, you look NOTHING like the image I had of you in my mind! If I DID run into you in WDW, I would have walked right by! I guess I've only seen one of two pics of you from your PTR/avatar and got this image that is actually nothing like the real you in these pics! Your DBF on the other hand, looks exactly the same as the previous pictures you posted of him! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Sounds like a fun/tiring day in London!

Awww, you guys are so cute :) I'm in, though!

:yay:

:thumbsup2 Thanks for coming by! The first post took me about 3 hours, had to join photobucket then figure out how to individiually resize all my photo's but I perservered!:lmao:

YAY!!! I'm sooo excited that you started your TR FINALLY!! And for some reason, you look NOTHING like the image I had of you in my mind! If I DID run into you in WDW, I would have walked right by! I guess I've only seen one of two pics of you from your PTR/avatar and got this image that is actually nothing like the real you in these pics! Your DBF on the other hand, looks exactly the same as the previous pictures you posted of him! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Sounds like a fun/tiring day in London!

Hi Nikki! So glad you came by! :cool1: London was great but a busy start to the vacation!

The only potos of me I like are after I've spent 3 hours doing tan hair and makeup fake eyelashes and hair extensions! those are the ones I posted on my pre trippie and thats still how I look on saturday nights!:rotfl:
but had to be brave for the sake of really wanting to do a trip report and post pictures of my au naturale style! and also got my hair dyed darker just before the holiday! big mistake! back to blond again now!

Just went back to the first page of your PTR...the curly, blonde hair is what threw me off most, I think! Either way, you still look great!!

Can't wait to hear more about how DBF felt about WDW!

Joining in popcorn:

Looks like you had a fab time in London, sans the wobbly start. Love that your first mission in London was Krispy Kreme :teeth:

I am totally there with you on the London Dungeons part, that place is so dark and scary :scared1: Did you go on the Jack the Ripper trail? Is it still there?

Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

subscribing!

So glad to see you're writing a TR popcorn::

The mini-vacation to London looks good! I like going there and doing 'tourist' things.. I was scared in the London dungeons too!! Not my thing at all, having scare-actors coming right up to you :eek: .. I don't think I could handle things like 'Horror Nights' at Universal Studios ;)

looking forward to reading more!

Emma princess: x

I'm here and excited to hear about your trip!

Just went back to the first page of your PTR...the curly, blonde hair is what threw me off most, I think! Either way, you still look great!!

Can't wait to hear more about how DBF felt about WDW!

Thanks, although you may have to change your opinion when you see us sweating saround world showcase! worst photos of me ever and in your favourite place too!:scared1:

DBF's opinions and mine re disney don't exactly match yet...but he's getting there!

Joining in popcorn:

Looks like you had a fab time in London, sans the wobbly start. Love that your first mission in London was Krispy Kreme :teeth:

I am totally there with you on the London Dungeons part, that place is so dark and scary :scared1: Did you go on the Jack the Ripper trail? Is it still there?

Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

Hey! glad your here!:banana:

Got another krispy kreme for the train rid home too! bad girl!:rotfl:

yes jack the ripper trail wasn't as heart stoppingly scary as other bits like sweeney todd and the torture sections! and enjoyed hearing about how many suspects there were and a bit of the history...

subscribing!

So glad to see you're writing a TR popcorn::

The mini-vacation to London looks good! I like going there and doing 'tourist' things.. I was scared in the London dungeons too!! Not my thing at all, having scare-actors coming right up to you :eek: .. I don't think I could handle things like 'Horror Nights' at Universal Studios ;)

looking forward to reading more!

Emma princess: x

Hi Emma! happy you made it over!:cutie:

I love watching horror movies and then have intense regret as soon as they'r over because I know I'll have nighmares...very silly!

we did the noose free fall ride which was funny!

DBF loved London and we are thinking of trying to organise a football trip/west end show combo next year?!

I"m here, I"m here- I"m so excited to read about your trip. :banana:popcorn::

:yay:You're here! It takes me a long time to resize the images on photobucket, I'm a bit technologically challenged but should get an update up this weekend! and definitely going to check out your trip report! AKL...amazing!:thumbsup2

I'm here and excited to hear about your trip!

:welcome: I can't believe I've started a real life actual trip report...:lmao: looking forward to reliving the trip because it was over in a flash!

Thanks, although you may have to change your opinion when you see us sweating saround world showcase! worst photos of me ever and in your favourite place too!:scared1:

Oh please! Can you take a picture in World Showcase in the summer where you're NOT sweaty? (and a little drunk...:rolleyes1)

Yay! I'm in! Fun to see the pics of London. I hope to make it there one day soon. looking forward to the rest of the report!

Yay! I'm here! Glad you decided to write a TR! Can't wait to hear about your trip :goodvibes Fun pics of London! Even though the London Dungeons tour sounds so interesting I don't think I could do it, I'm a scardey cat too :laughing Ohh I know what you mean about Lulu Guinness' bags- there's a store in NYC. I really like their jewelry as well.

Oh please! Can you take a picture in World Showcase in the summer where you're NOT sweaty? (and a little drunk...:rolleyes1)

We were despicably sweaty and decidedly sober which probably made it worse!:laughing: the benfits of staying in disney and the attraction of drinking around worldshowcase (I'm citing your trip report as my main motivation!) are definitely appealing more to DBF now he's actually been there and seen everything 1st hand!

Yay! I'm in! Fun to see the pics of London. I hope to make it there one day soon. looking forward to the rest of the report!

:dance3: Greetings! We loved London but want to spend a few days next time and avoid the panic of our one day visit! Just figured out how to upload my photos in the right size so gonna start the next update now! looking trhough your photos from HP made me want to go back so bad but will take me ages to get to our days there as it was the very end of the holiday!

Yay! I'm here! Glad you decided to write a TR! Can't wait to hear about your trip :goodvibes Fun pics of London! Even though the London Dungeons tour sounds so interesting I don't think I could do it, I'm a scardey cat too :laughing Ohh I know what you mean about Lulu Guinness' bags- there's a store in NYC. I really like their jewelry as well.

:flower3:Hi! glad you found it! London was good but rushed...London Dungeons was fun in a terrifying way...me and DBF saw Saw 3d tonight, I must have a twisted personality, I hate horrors but just don't seem to learn my lesson! Hello sleepless night!:rotfl:

I'll have to ckeck out the lulu guiness jewllery, we got some Betsey Johnson jewellery at the Outlets which was pretty cool, have you seen any of her stuff?

I have zero photos from our departure day until we reach Downtown Disney! A cardinal sin for a DIS-er I know, I guess excitement got the better of me!

Our aeroplane journey wasn't too eventful, consisted of Professor Lleyton on the DS and Breaking Dawn whilst Ray played a football game on his DS! Time seemed to go quicker than previous flights, must be getting better at occupying myself!

Ok remember when DBF was late to pick me up from work and then got his toiletries confiscated at security, well prepare for the momentous and terrible 3rd piece of bad luck!!!:scared1:

Line for security was medium, we managed to get in the slowest moving line but about twenty minutes of queue-ing we were on our way to the Alamo centre...I had my little binder out and the greeter said to DBF

'O look how organised she is, thats so cute! all you need is your confirmation email and your driving licence!'

DRIVING LICENCE...DBF's eyes met mine in horrified silence!

All that planning and we forgot his driving licence...

I went outside and cried, just couldn't believe the holiday we'd planned for over a year was spiralling out of control...we rang home and mum said to go back in and ask would they accept a fax of the licence...so back in we went...and the manager said they would accept a fax BUT only from the Northern Ireland vehicle licensing agency! well this was Saturday evening and that office wouln't be open til monday morning so off we headed to the bus...

Mum told me when on the phone to sort out as much as I could and then just focus on enjoying the holiday! so a $50+ bus journey later we were the first stop and hopped out at our hotel where the lovely reception staff began to brighten up our day! man i love the american accent!:love:

We jut dropped off our bags in our room which was cvery pleasant and headed straight back out...no car as we had imagined so we got the i ride trolley to sea world and then switched to a lynx to DTD, and after way too much writing ...here we are!

cathy-florida031.jpg

cathy-florida032.jpg

cathy-florida033.jpg

It was rainy, we had no car and we were late but we didn't care we were in DISNEY!!! :goodvibes So excited to be standing outside this store but we only literally had 2 mins to run through on our way to Raglan Road! and I never made it back! good excuse for another trip maybe?:idea:

cathy-florida034.jpg

And this is the only photo of me and DBF in Raglan Road, don't want to post any of the others incase they aren't happy about being on the web but there were 9 adults at one table and 10 kids and the waitress ran 4 tabs for the 4 different families and was absolutely astounding! and the food was delicious!

cathy-florida036.jpg

we sang along with the Irish songs and drank a few too many beers and vodkas but left just after 12 as we had been up for 24 hours!

NEXT UP: DISCOVERY COVE!!!:cloud9:

:flower3:Hi! glad you found it! London was good but rushed...London Dungeons was fun in a terrifying way...me and DBF saw Saw 3d tonight, I must have a twisted personality, I hate horrors but just don't seem to learn my lesson! Hello sleepless night!:rotfl:

I'll have to ckeck out the lulu guiness jewllery, we got some Betsey Johnson jewellery at the Outlets which was pretty cool, have you seen any of her stuff?

ohh yea, I love her jewelry! We have stores here that carry her jewelry and intimates wear for cheap prices. She always has cute stuff. What sort of jewelry did you end up getting?

Aw girl I'm sorry you had to go through that at the car rental :hug:

I loved Raglan Road! That's awful, though, that he forgot his license :( I hope that got sorted out!

Yep we got sorted out 2 days later but it was dramatic at the time!!! I thought Raglan Road's food was delicious and liked how the chicken goujons and fish came wrapped up in newspaper!

ohh yea, I love her jewelry! We have stores here that carry her jewelry and intimates wear for cheap prices. She always has cute stuff. What sort of jewelry did you end up getting?

Aw girl I'm sorry you had to go through that at the car rental :hug:

It was for my sisters...got littlest sister a long chain with a big black and diamond whistle and got middle sister a short gold chain with a big chunky red heart with a banner saying no entry! pretty cool! and it was a buy one get one free day so I got them 2 pairs of little ankle socks each too!

the car rental was a nightmare scenario but tried to move on because DBF did feel really bad about it!

Oh the rain!!! I remember the rain well! If I'm not mistaken, that was the 3rd right? I think I wanted you guys to come on the fireworks cruise with us that night but you had your gathering at Raglan Road. We were actually at T-Rex for dinner that night but probably way before you got to DTD.

Anyway.....I would have totally cried too! When people like us, who are sooo into planning every single detail, when something goes wrong, I just can't handle it! A similar thing happened when we went from WDW to the cruise on our honeymoon. We were supposed to get a car (long story) and there it was, morning of the cruise, and we had no way of getting to the port!! I totally cried!

I'm excited for more!!

We went to Raglan Road on our first night in August 2010 as well... although Dbf wasn't feeling well, it was raining and he forgot to bring his ID so they wouldn't give him any alcoholic drinks... the food WAS AMAZING and the atmosphere was so much fun.

popcorn:: I can't wait for the next update...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter