The Franco bunch's first summer vacation Trip report from Summer 2013

Mind you I was in some serious pain but these faces are what kept me happy the whole time.

Untitled by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

back to the parade

After the parade we looked at the map to decide our next event. Then we looked up and it was a packed house. Our stroller was pushed out of someones way 3/4 times(with the babies in it while I was a hold of it) so to keep our cool we said "on to CAP" and it was a good choice. We wanted to get pics and parades out of the way on our first day. We walked in to Cars land for the first time and I was blown away. It was very emotional to me as I am a big automobile enthusiast and my dad worked for GM for many years and cars was our passion. So the movie "Cars" is held very near and dear to my heart. The detail in every part of this land is unlike anything I've seen at a Disney Park since Toon Town. Just our luck as we walk into Cars land, guess whos driving up......

This guy!
48530070008 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

48530070001 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

Little one was not too fond of pictures
48530070015 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

So I bribed him with a sweet Churro...

After trying to find something to ride for a good hour, we decided just to walk around and soak it up. Then we came upon Grizz, my wife convinced my daughter to go on it with her so I just entertained the boys while we waited. I discovered the soak zone and this area was visited about every day on our trip. The kids loved getting drenched in water. Some pics I got while waitng though.

Yes, that's a leash/backpack, and it helped out, but not in the way you'd think. It taught him self control as he was in control of the tail(weird I know but it worked)

Enjoying the mist from the ride.

Ham'ing it up

The soak zone was over in that area

looking for mom

I think he likes churros a bit

Cheese!!

It was getting late and the kids were hungry and crabby. So we left the park knowing we had plenty more day ahead. We decided on Denny's, after all that heat and walking the Dbl cheeseburger I ordered has to be one of the best tasting ones I've had...ever.

Some Dennys pics(no food pics :confused3)

Weirdo Mamma

After that we headed back and prepared for the next day. PPI is an ok motel at best. Its location and free Breakfast buffet are big pluses though. Good night, more to come later today.

We got up extra early to hit up the Breakfast buffet at Captain Kids. This is not a bad little buffet. Now its not a 5 star restaurant but its not horrendous like I've read from others reviews. They have scrambled eggs, cereal, potatoes, toast, etc... You know standard breakfast items. So after loading up on carbs we headed to the park.

Some pics from us waiting in line.

Got a good shot in front of the Castle. The Photo pass was well worth the price, and we'll do it again next time.48530070020 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

We headed to Tomorrowland(which we did many time this trip thanks to Start Tours and Buzzlightyear)48530070028 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

Magic Mornings are awesome, we walked on Matterhorn, Nemo, Star Tours, and then Space Mountain. After our great morning we headed towards IASW and saw our new favorite red headed princess. Merida.

This was a pic of us calling my big boy Zeke into the pic but he never did. Was too afraid of her, and pretty much any other princess the whole trip.48530070029 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

She was so happy to meet this Princess.48530070032 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

Random pic of a the Matterhorn climber

The cast member they got for her was great. She even had the mini attitude and everything. She was empathizing with my daughter over having to deal with trouble making brothers.
48530070033 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

48530070035 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

Boarding IASW

Enjoy the upcoming slideshow

Previous post cont.

A couple more pics of IASW

We then did the Fanatsyland tour. Peter Pans Flight, Snow white, Pinocchio, Mr Toads, and Dumbo.

Heres one of my favorite pics.

Then we wandered over to the new Princess Fantasy Fare. The wait was a little too long but anything for my lil princess. The design was really cool though. The wait was so long I was able to go buy some cherry and chocolate strudels from the stand there in the area and eat them before going in. The Rapunzel tower fountain was a nice touch too.

48530070036 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

48530070038 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

48530070042 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

48530070045 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

48530070048 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

We then went on a walk through Toontown while waiting for the Magic Map show. Which was awesome btw, very cool story, great music, and all around fun for everyone. I put away the camera for the rest of the day but we did end up doing a lot. Hit every major ride, got to finally see Fantasmic. Got a good shot of my daughter with goofie though right before she went on Gadgets Go-Coaster. Thats its for day 2, will continue tomrrow w/ our Goofys Kitchen pics and our brief trip to Universal Studios.

48530070056 by Markie Mouse, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter