The Fountains or Vista Cay

luvsvacations

DIS Veteran
I am torn between these 2 resorts. We are not Disney so does that does not factor and we are going to stay onsite at Universal the last couple of days.
Vista Cay would be larger - but the Fountains also seems roomy enough and the reoirt seems to have a really nice pool and things to do but we will be with older teenagers. I also like the idea of not having to mess with a security desposit - and not being able to cancel or loss of deposit although with plane tickets bought it would take a real emergency to cancel. I am leaning towards The Fountains but having seen neither place just hesitant. Has anyone stayed at either - any real perks over the other ??

Thanks

I am leaning towards The Fountains but having seen neither place just hesitant. Has anyone stayed at either - any real perks over the other ??

I can't compare the two, but we've stayed at the Fountains and it was fine. We like that you can get a paddle boat or canoe to explore Lake Eve but I doubt that would excite most teenagers. The main pool is cool, but that can be in both senses of the word ;) -- it's unheated, which doesn't make much difference in the summer but definitely made a difference in May! :p The big indoor/outdoor pool by Lake Eve is nice and is heated, so there's always a heated option there.

When we were last in Orlando, our older son got a pass with the Lynx bus system, which for teenagers costs the same or less than the trolly does, plus it runs more often, and goes more places. He had a blast taking the bus downtown and to SeaWorld (he bought himself a pass there) and doing other touristy stuff along International Drive.

Right up until he lost his wallet. :eek: But someone had turned it in at the lost and found, so that ended up well anyhow. :) If your kids are more like eldest daughter and second son (i.e., less scatterbrained and more responsible than eldest son :rolleyes: ) getting them bus passes either place might be a good way to go. We just had a rule out son had to check in whenever we said (every couple of hours or whatever), and that he had to be "home" by sunset. We wouldn't have let him go toward the airport or some other Orlando neighborhoods, but downtown Orlando and International Drive during the day aren't that dangerous, and that's all he was interested in anyhow. So we only had to check out the two bus routes, which wasn't a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter