The fizz went flat: give me some Disney!! NEARLY THERE!! POST 130, PAGE 9

Claire all your plans sound amazing:thumbsup2

my brain is being pickled at the moment with all the adr,s i will need to make for next years trip :upsidedow

I saw your post, wow 14 nights of dining to sort, you are so lucky!!! and you will love POFQ, i liked it more than Wilderness Lodge and thats saying something, nothing quite beats the Poly though;)

Claire great choices. I see you have gone for 50s Prime Time again. Hope he likes his greens. Will you warn him first? Have a cosmopolitan for me.

Can't wait to read more. so excited for you. wish i could be there too but have to wait for next year.

loads of love

susan

hi honey, so glad you are enjoying the pre-trippie:hug: susan, no way can i drink one of those cosmos, wow it was like pure alcohol, you are one tough lady drinking through that one:lmao:I am sure i will find another yummy cocktail though and will make sure to toast you when i do. I have a feeling he will have no probs with the greens, he is quite a healthy eater and eats all his greens usually:lmao:

I can not say enough amazing things about bluezoo!! From the moment you step into the fab decor, with blues and lighting that give this under the sea vibe, sort of elegant curtains draped and lit pillars and its quite a big space they have there. you can see the fish turning while they cook (called dancing fish), we had a drink at the bar first, they have some great cocktails and i highly recommend the Zooberry! we had a fab server who explained the menu really well. the breads alone were worth a visit! and every course I had just got better and better, i am not a fish person usually but this was just to die for. If you like seafood and can afford it i saw some amazing iced fresh seafood coming out the kitchen, oysters, king prawns etc. i had the scallops starter and it blew me away. the tables were nicely space out so it felt private enough but not too singled out. this has the potential to be one of the most romantic restaurants on property.
The only downer was that the night we were there they had a large party in and they were having a very merry time. as the space has quite high ceilings the noise seemed to carry quite well, which did spoil the ambience a bit. and as the Dolphin is a convention hotel there is a good chance you could get other large parties. having said that no way would this put me off because the decor, service and food is THAT GOOD!!!! it ranks as my no1 on property and i am so sad i cant afford it this time. Oh little bonus: we finished our meal just before 9 and our server said if we popped out of the door just by the entrance to Bluezoo it would be a great way to enjoy illuminations (the top of it anyway) and yes it sort of ended the night perfectly.

wow i may have got carried away there:rotfl:seriously if you can, GO TO BLUEZOO!!!!

Oh thanks so much Claire - I am definately going to fit it in then. :thumbsup2

My hubby loves fish & most seafood so I really want to go for him - I on the other hand hate most fish & seafood but have looked at the menu and there is a few things I will eat so I am going to book it up.....I am trying to add a few things in to our trip for my hubby as he is not a disney lover :sad2: but has been so lovely to let me have so many trips. :goodvibes

Have you made any more decisions about your trip yet? will you be doing a detailed park plan for each day or just go with the flow?

Loving your daily plans and ADR choices - Ohanas was my favourite on my last trip - we were lucky enough to get a window seat for when Wishes came on :goodvibes

Totally agree with you about Fantasmic - for me its the essence of disney - I will queue 3 hours if I have too!:eek: Saw it twice on our last trip and cried both times!

Oh thanks so much Claire - I am definately going to fit it in then. :thumbsup2

My hubby loves fish & most seafood so I really want to go for him - I on the other hand hate most fish & seafood but have looked at the menu and there is a few things I will eat so I am going to book it up.....I am trying to add a few things in to our trip for my hubby as he is not a disney lover :sad2: but has been so lovely to let me have so many trips. :goodvibes

Have you made any more decisions about your trip yet? will you be doing a detailed park plan for each day or just go with the flow?

I definitely will have touring plans and they are a work in progress right now, I have to be careful writing them out though as i am TGM member and if i was to put them up i might get linched:rotfl:actually they wont be following his site exactly, i have learnt how to use the tips and tricks he gives so that i can make my own now. i certainly wont be trying to fit everything in...trying to picture him flying on a Dumbo elephant:rotfl:hes 6'3", it would be too funny, but i think that everybody that goes to WDW should have to ride Its a Small World, that is going to be hysterical, i know he is going to give me this look when we are stuck on this ride, but you cant say you've been till you've done it once i think! MK is causing me a headache right now because they have closed Space Mtn so trying to predict which way the crowds are going to spread out is a lovely puzzle which i have 3 months to solve:goodvibes i will say that since i signed up to TGM i have hardly ever waited in a line and i get so much stuff done in a morning, very important in August, to stay too much past lunchtime in that heat gets overwhelming. but yes, i have a good idea of what i want to get done;) all the rollercoasters and thrillers are a given, i will get him to choose between nemo and lion king, and again choose between Indiana jones and light, moteurs action. i know the cars will win:headache:, i just find that show too long and spread out, especially with the august sun beating down, but it will be worth it to see him enjoying himself.

Loving your daily plans and ADR choices - Ohanas was my favourite on my last trip - we were lucky enough to get a window seat for when Wishes came on :goodvibes

Totally agree with you about Fantasmic - for me its the essence of disney - I will queue 3 hours if I have too!:eek: Saw it twice on our last trip and cried both times!

funny story from the Girly tour about fantasmic. michelle feels the same way we do about it and the first time we tried to see it, we got the fantasmic dinner package, glorious sunshine all day and the rain chucked it down that night so it got cancelled. i frantically redid our schedule to get it in another night, again it was raining and we prayed for a miracle. it was staring to calm down and we sat in the ampitheatre willing the rain to stop enough looking so fab in our ponchos:lmao:When it is too wet for the performers they do a mini-show with no characters so we decided we would stay either way. When Mickey came out we and michelle let out this yelp of happiness that made everyone turn around and look at us:lmao: i think only we knew what it meant to us. and yes of course we cried, the princess floats get me, the boat coming round the corner does me in and when mickey is at the top of the mountain conducting the fireworks i am gone:cloud9: If i put the cd on while i am driving i do get some funny looks as i have tears, people must wonder what on earth has upset me so much:lmao:

Been a bit distracted of late but have just read your first post and I'm hooked!!! Need to re-read and re-post with more thought but right here, right now I am loving your approach, Claire... :hug: I'll be back... ;)

Really like your approach Claire. Looking forward to reading more.

Wow!! what a great start to your pre trippie i havent even looked at adrs yet only had our first one at the cali grill last year,and that was fab:dance3:

Looking forward to reading more.:yay::yay:

Thanks again to all of you who have replied and are enjoying reading along. Have just had a great weekend in Cornwall which was a total suprise, left 4am sunday morning:scared1:, arrived for 9am, had breakfast by the sea, we stayed in St Ives so walked round there, visited lands end which is just awesome for scenery and stopped in Penzance on the way back. the sun was out, we got to be on the beach for a while, where i sadly broke my toe while trying to stop my OH from throwing me in the sea, yep i am a scrappy one:lmao:, its ok, its not too painful, just pretty colours! and sunday night we went to see a band at a pub, where we got slightly tipsy lets say on the cornish cider:headache: Left yesterday lunchtime and took us 7 hours to get back, yikes!! but was a fab weekend which i was suprised with and would like to say that me and him are I think its safe to say back to being a proper couple, we laughed so much, saw some amazing stuff, yeah we are back on:cloud9: oh yes, went for sushi on saturday (told you we share a passion for the stuff) at Yo Sushi and managed to between us consume £45 of it!!! this is a record even for us:lmao: it is so nice spending time together and having fun the way we do. anyway thought i would let you all know what we had been up to and that things are going great:love:

right on with the disney stuff! I have started with the booking side of things finally and have put my $200 deposit down on the package through the USA disney travel company, spoke to them on the phone as I couldnt get Pop to come up with free dining on the website, no problem, they still had availability for our dates. So package comprising of 7 nights Pop, 8 day park hoppers and free dining came in at $1249, which is roughly £832, so £416 each, cheaper than uk and i can live with that price. i have bought our travel insurance through moneysupermarket.com and got both of us for £19.53, bargain me thinks:cool1:

Flights are causing me a headache to say the least. the prices are going up and down daily, but then different times etc. Right now the cheapest is at £341 but wont get to Orlando until 20:49, to get there for 6pm would cost me £422, so for the ake of a £75 gift card I'm not sure its worth it, i will be very dissapointed if i dont see fireworks on my birthday but the main thing is i am going, i can celebrate my birthday all week and i will be on property, not the same as fireworks though:mad:I'm sure i'll get over it lol. booking day is friday so lets see what happens in next couple of days.

have a few more details but will post them later as am off out. see ya soon x

I can not say enough amazing things about bluezoo!! From the moment you step into the fab decor, with blues and lighting that give this under the sea vibe, sort of elegant curtains draped and lit pillars and its quite a big space they have there. you can see the fish turning while they cook (called dancing fish), we had a drink at the bar first, they have some great cocktails and i highly recommend the Zooberry! we had a fab server who explained the menu really well. the breads alone were worth a visit! and every course I had just got better and better, i am not a fish person usually but this was just to die for. If you like seafood and can afford it i saw some amazing iced fresh seafood coming out the kitchen, oysters, king prawns etc. i had the scallops starter and it blew me away. the tables were nicely space out so it felt private enough but not too singled out. this has the potential to be one of the most romantic restaurants on property.
The only downer was that the night we were there they had a large party in and they were having a very merry time. as the space has quite high ceilings the noise seemed to carry quite well, which did spoil the ambience a bit. and as the Dolphin is a convention hotel there is a good chance you could get other large parties. having said that no way would this put me off because the decor, service and food is THAT GOOD!!!! it ranks as my no1 on property and i am so sad i cant afford it this time. Oh little bonus: we finished our meal just before 9 and our server said if we popped out of the door just by the entrance to Bluezoo it would be a great way to enjoy illuminations (the top of it anyway) and yes it sort of ended the night perfectly.

wow i may have got carried away there:rotfl:seriously if you can, GO TO BLUEZOO!!!!

I second that!

We went to Blue Zoo on our birthday and it was amazing, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. It looks lovely outside and in, and the food is simply amazing.

I've got loads of pics which I'll post up when I get to that day of my TR :)

I second that!

We went to Blue Zoo on our birthday and it was amazing, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. It looks lovely outside and in, and the food is simply amazing.

I've got loads of pics which I'll post up when I get to that day of my TR :)

Thanks Craig....I will be back & probably have posted my trip report before you get around to your Bluezoo meal. :lmao:

Only kidding - I am definately going to book a meal there.. ;)

-----

Claire - so glad to hear you & Colin are back together - you two sound like you were made for each other. :lovestruc :love: :cloud9:

Hope your toe heels quickly. OUCH! :headache:

Fingers crossed for the flight. :) :wizard:Glad to hear good news about you and your OH, sorry to hear about you toe.

hey Claire, just read all of your trip report so far.
it all sounds so fab :)

really hope you can get the best flights you want :goodvibes

Glad things are coming together :)

Hi honey

Just caught up with your pre-trippie and so pleased to hear that things are good again with you and your OH.

Your trip sounds like just what you both need. How exciting to be showing someone else WDW for the first time.

I love love love the Pop. It is home at WDW for me. And I always tell people that the Pop has the friendliest CMs I have ever encountered in any of the resorts :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing, will look forward to more :hug:

Laur's xx

Pleased to hear things are all good with you again :hug: Hope you managed to book your flights today :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter