The Duck family goes on safari.....who will get voted off first. ??? Updated 1/6!!

Because we had 9 in our party we would be taking two mini vans. I was concerned about the in-laws keeping up with the speed limit since they do not like to drive fast. Stay tuned to see how much I complain about this.

“It was a dark a the moon on the sixth of June, and a Kenworth pullin logs,
Cab over Pete with a refer on and a Jimmy haulin hogs
We was headed for bear On I-1-0, bout a mile out Shakey Town
I says Pig Pen this here's the Rubber Duck and I'm about to put the hammer down.

Cause we got a little 'ole convoy Rockin through the night
Yeah we got a little 'ole convoy Ain't she a beautiful sight
C'mon and join our Convoy Ain't nothin gonna get in our way
We gonna roll this truckin convoy 'cross the USA
Convoy....”

This has been a test of the Emergancy “Just how the heck old are you that you even know about that song” Broadcasting System.

I won’t bore you with all of the details of the wonderfully long drive through Hicktucky and Tennessee.

Norm should be along to comment on that line some time in the near.

We did have our first scare with the luggage carrier right outside of Atlanta. The rear lock latch broke off! Let me repeat broke off!

Adventure Traveling!!!!
The only way to see the U-S-A (it relieves the boredom imposed by our lovely Interstate system).

The plan was to leave Valdosta by 9am the next morning. So at 10:15 we finally get going (do you smell a theme here???)

This is not boding well for the concept of “Rope Drop”

This would be my niece’s first encounter with a Princess and I thought she was going to explode!

Don’t ya’ love it when kids get that excited about anything.
Sometimes they seem so blasé to everything around them (that isn’t a video game).

ea137929.jpg

Oh-I-Seeeeee… Zebra Stripes… it all makes sense now…

Now… for everyone else reading this, that last sentence won’t make a bit of sense, but David should know what I’m on about (and he might even explain it to y’all later on).

Also… that was a good job on the part of your nephew there on not showing just how much he r-e-a-l-l-y, r-e-a-l-l-y did not want to be in that picture.

I says Pig Pen this here's the Rubber Duck and I'm about to put the hammer down.

Convoy....”

This has been a test of the Emergancy “Just how the heck old are you that you even know about that song” Broadcasting System.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Great reference. :thumbsup2

I'm glad the restaurant was able to work you guys in. Disney magic strikes again!

As Rob said, it sounds like Rope Drop is going to be a problem...

Great start... nice pics.

Love the tie dye shirts in the hotel pic.

Your kids are adorable.

Thank you :thumbsup2. They get that from their mother of course!

Joining in!! Great Start!!

Welcome!

Sure... blame the in-laws.:lmao:

Yes, I will in fact :lmao:

Wow, you have a bunch of early risers with you.:rolleyes1

:headache:

That's great! I'm glad it worked out for you.:thumbsup2

And that makes the last second plan changes worthwhile.:thumbsup2

I will blame the inlaws since it is my TR :lmao: apparently they thought when I said what time we are leaving that it was only a suggestion :confused3

Nice update & photos. Although Little Man doesn't seem to be too thrilled standing in that pic with the Prince - perhaps he was upset he didn't get to get a pic with Cindy instead? :confused3 I know I'd rather have my picture taken with a princess than a prince... but maybe that's just me.

He would not get in any of the princess pics. I told Drizella he wanted a kiss from a brunette with lots of lipstick and into pic she is telling him to pucker up :rotfl2:

Convoy....”

Norm should be along to comment on that line some time in the near.

Adventure Traveling!!!!
The only way to see the U-S-A (it relieves the boredom imposed by our lovely Interstate system).

This is not boding well for the concept of “Rope Drop”

Don’t ya’ love it when kids get that excited about anything.
Sometimes they seem so blasé to everything around them (that isn’t a video game).

Oh-I-Seeeeee… Zebra Stripes… it all makes sense now…

Now… for everyone else reading this, that last sentence won’t make a bit of sense, but David should know what I’m on about (and he might even explain it to y’all later on).

Also… that was a good job on the part of your nephew there on not showing just how much he r-e-a-l-l-y, r-e-a-l-l-y did not want to be in that picture.

It felt more like Smoky and the Bandit without the cool car :lmao: the magnets were a huge hit. They did not stick on the front door, but we had them on the fridge and we gave everybody theirs as a souvenir.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Great reference. :thumbsup2

And at times it was like Every which way but Loose :thumbsup2
I'm glad the restaurant was able to work you guys in. Disney magic strikes again!

As Rob said, it sounds like Rope Drop is going to be a problem...

Rope drop would be an issue. It even will get mentioned in their Christmas cards :rotfl2:

Great that you were able to get everyone in at Park Fare. Never went there but heard it was fun. Can't wait for the next update on the further adventures of the extended Duck family.

We stopped for breakfast outside of Louisville at Cracker Barrel. I love Cracker Barrel. It is one of the few restaurants where my kids can find something that they will eat. I won’t bore you with all of the details of the wonderfully long drive through Hicktucky and Tennessee.
]

Now you know why the luggage thing broke, nemesis. When you mess w/ KY, we fight back.

How in the world am I just finding this trip report...I am running late on it just like your 10:15 departure from Valdosta!:rotfl2:

I apologize for the lack of updates. Many of my fellow dads have let it be known this is unacceptable.

When I left off I mentioned that there was going to be some torture tactics used to enforce the first rule of the Duck!! Do not make me late!!! As you can see below I was ruthless in my use of water boarding techniques. I picked these skills up at my local Y. It’s a jungle there.

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

We did not leave for HS until after lunch. We had a surprise zebra birthday cake delivered before we left (I forgot to take a pic) so we were pretty jacked up on sugar as we headed for the bus stop. I love that the bus stops at Kidani are divided up between a few parks. I took some animal pics on our way since we had to pass one of the observation decks.

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

Continued in next post...

Once at HS, I rushed over to the new Star Tours for three fast passes since it was just my nephew, FIL, and I who wanted to do it. While we waited for our time we headed into Animators Court and we ran into these guys.

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

The Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies of all time. I am so disappointed they never did a sequel. We also did the little animation class so the kids could get the chance to draw a character. We all did Tigger and the kids loved it.

The boys headed over to Star Tours while the girls headed to Honey I shrunk the Kids play yard. Star Tours = Awesomeness out of this world!!! I was amazed and loved every minute of it. We had Vader in the opening scene and when my 9 year old nephew saw him he yelled NO at the top of his lungs. It wasn’t until after the ride did I learn he has never seen Star Wars (since remedied). What kind of parent doesn’t show their kids Star Wars. He loved it though.

Walked to the back of the park to meet the ladies and saw them standing outside. Apparently everyone and their third cousins and the ones form Kentucky all decided to go into the HISTK play yard. My wife said she thought she had lost the kids it was that full. So we let everyone calm down and rest, it was 82 degrees this day and the in-laws did not believe me when I gave them the plan on what to wear so guess who was sweating like crazy.

We went and stood in line to meet our favorite Disney Channel stars…….That’s right Phineas and Ferb (cue intro music…you know you are singing it).

Since there was no Perry, I stood in for the awesome Agent P.

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

We did do Muppet Vision and then headed over to Pizza Planet for a slice.

After that it was time to head over and catch the Osbourne Lights! All I can say is that they are amazing. I had goose bumps when it started. We hung out there for awhile and then I took my nephew to ride Tower of Terror. He was all excited until we stepped into the first room and then he wouldn’t stop with the questions. Are we going to die, is this just part of the show, do these people look like this all of the time? In the end he screamed like a little girl but still talks about how cool it was.

IMG_2272.jpg

In our next installment we will be heading to MK for our next part of the mission. Will we make rope drop? How many Dole Whips will be consumed? What do you mean we need to leave?

Stay Tuned………..

I apologize for the lack of updates.

Ehhhhh…. Life happens, you catch up when you can
(but if you wait too long we start writing the TR for ya’)

When I left off I mentioned that there was going to be some torture tactics used to enforce the first rule of the Duck!! Do not make me late!!! As you can see below I was ruthless in my use of water boarding techniques. I picked these skills up at my local Y. It’s a jungle there.

“I'm with the CID. Although I told your boss I was with the CIA. It throws people off who think I'm with the CIC.”

Excellent camouflage work…
Those kids look just like umbrellas.

We did not leave for HS until after lunch. We had a surprise zebra birthday cake delivered before we left (I forgot to take a pic)

Did it look anything like this?

tumblr_ljtzll88Jp1qftx5go1_500.jpg

The Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies of all time.

Ditto

I am so disappointed they never did a sequel.

Ditto

The boys headed over to Star Tours while the girls headed to Honey I shrunk the Kids play yard.

The boys won

Star Tours = Awesomeness out of this world!!! I was amazed and loved every minute of it. We had Vader in the opening scene and when my 9 year old nephew saw him he yelled NO at the top of his lungs.

“Nooooooooooooo…. It’s not true…”

It wasn’t until after the ride did I learn he has never seen Star Wars

“Nooooooooooooo…. It’s not true…”

(since remedied).

You have restored balance to the force.

Apparently everyone and their third cousins and the ones form Kentucky all decided to go into the HISTK play yard.

See… I told ya’ that y’all won

the in-laws did not believe me when I gave them the plan on what to wear so guess who was sweating like crazy.

“Some men you just can’t reach…”

And a fine job of it you did as well.

We did do Muppet Vision

Did you find the door key under the welcome mat?

After that it was time to head over and catch the Osbourne Lights! All I can say is that they are amazing.

Yes… yes they are.

I took my nephew to ride Tower of Terror. He was all excited until we stepped into the first room and then he wouldn’t stop with the questions. Are we going to die…

:lmao: :rotfl2:

In our next installment we will be heading to MK for our next part of the mission. Will we make rope drop? How many Dole Whips will be consumed? What do you mean we need to leave?

Stay Tuned………..

Same Duck time… same Duck channel.

Star Tours = Awesomeness out of this world!!!
Of course, it's awesomeness in a galaxy far, far away. :thumbsup2

it was 82 degrees this day and the in-laws did not believe me when I gave them the plan on what to wear so guess who was sweating like crazy.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We went and stood in line to meet our favorite Disney Channel stars…….That’s right Phineas and Ferb (cue intro music…you know you are singing it).
There's a hundred and four days of summer vacation...

After that it was time to head over and catch the Osbourne Lights! All I can say is that they are amazing. I had goose bumps when it started.
Agreed! We were there last year when they were plugging the new Phineas and Ferb Christmas Movie, so the lights danced to Phineas and Ferb music and had a few bits where Agent P saved WDW from Doofenschmirtz. I check the camera when we got home and found it didn't record any sound. :headache::headache:

Are we going to die?
Yes, but it's all part of the ride. :confused3

I apologize for the lack of updates. Many of my fellow dads have let it be known this is unacceptable.
...and it is about time.:rotfl:

As you can see below I was ruthless in my use of water boarding techniques. I picked these skills up at my local Y. It’s a jungle there.
Note to self: Avoid the Y on the west side of Indy

Once at HS, I rushed over to the new Star Tours for three fast passes since it was just my nephew, FIL, and I who wanted to do it.
Then you should have taken all the tickets so you could ride more than once.:rolleyes1

Star Tours = Awesomeness out of this world!!!
Yep... very accurate description.:thumbsup2

What kind of parent doesn’t show their kids Star Wars. He loved it though.
I think you already explained that part.

I don't see any Agent P. in that picture.:confused3 Perry's right there next to Phineas though.

We did do Muppet Vision and then headed over to Pizza Planet for a slice.
Love the Muppets. Love pizza. Good plan. :thumbsup2

After that it was time to head over and catch the Osbourne Lights! All I can say is that they are amazing.
::yes::

In the end he screamed like a little girl but still talks about how cool it was.
Unlike a certain DisDad who just screamed like a little girl...

Always use your children as a shield. They'll thank you later. The Star Tours with Vader is awesome. I did the one with Chewbacca as well. I wonder how many more are there?

What was funny was that they were all like "Nooooooooo" and ran away. i caught my nephew first and after that they all lined up for their turns :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter