The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant....

That comment was said in jest after the discussion about whether it is "succession" or "secession". I do think that the media will push for them to have a boy if they have a girl, though. And if they do have a boy, I'm sure that they will be pressured to have another child, anyway. Need the heir and the spare, dontcha know.

Oops
You're right, she'll barely have finished pushing out this baby and they'll be pressuring her or the spare.

Well I'm just a hick from no where and certainly don't live in a big city but even I can google. It's amazing the new fangled contraption that finds things for everyone.

Here is what I found in about 3 second of looking:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/29/prince-william-kate-last-name_n_855333.html

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/TheRoyalFamilyname/Overview.aspx

back to the bickering(I never thought I'd miss the real Bicker until recently)

heh, what is this witchcraft you have conjured? :rotfl:

Well I'm just a hick from no where and certainly don't live in a big city but even I can google. It's amazing the new fangled contraption that finds things for everyone.

Here is what I found in about 3 second of looking:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/29/prince-william-kate-last-name_n_855333.html

back to the bickering(I never thought I'd miss the real Bicker until recently)

I think you mean *the City*, don't you? :cool2:

heh, what is this witchcraft you have conjured? :rotfl:

You shall see me selling this mysterious Google on latenight television soon. I predict it will be a big hit with those that need to constantly talk about nothing.;)

I think you mean *the City*, don't you? :cool2:

Hey now, I do live in the City, THE city of El Paso. Heck yeah, nothing better you know:thumbsup2

I dunno, because it's her name and the title is a mouthful? A number of people have said she changed her name, but haven't provided any evidence of an announcement to that effect. Hence, I have no idea if she changed her name. Considering the whole 'waity Kaity' thing, I wouldn't be surprised; but still.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but it obviously needs repeating.

"For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor."

Unless it's currently twins or more.

True. Then the media will spend the next few years talking about how she had to have some sort of "help" getting pregnant because NO ONE has ever had multiples without the help of in vitro. The "scandal" that they will create will sell papers, though, so that's all that matters:rolleyes: Then, once they have beaten that horse to death, and the kids are older, they will get to talk all about the giant feud between the two of them over who should rightfully assume the thrown - bonus scandal if the twins are a boy and a girl and the girl is born first.

My heart really goes out to William. He has always said that he wanted to shield Kate from the media and all that they did to his mother. They hounded her before the two ever wed which actually led to a short break up. The hounded her leading up to the wedding. The posted topless pictures of her that were clearly an invasion of her privacy. They have questioned her fertility. No way that they let her pregnancy go without coming up with some sort of scandal. And poor William tries to shield her from it, but will never be able to.:sad2:

Since when do women marrying into the royal family make an announcement regarding their name? Oh that's right. They don't.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but it obviously needs repeating.

"For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor."

Yes, for those of us reading the thread, this was posted several times. However, that doesn't mean that she changed her name. It is possible she would use her own name. As I said, given that she did nothing in her life, and appeared to be totally focused on marrying him, I wouldn't be surprised if she did change it but saying that the royal surname is X doesn't mean that anyone who marries into the royal family nexessarily takes that name.

saying that the royal surname is X doesn't mean that anyone who marries into the royal family nexessarily takes that name.

I think its kind of a given that if you do marry a high-ranking royal, you take the institutional name. I can hardly see her sitting there demanding to keep her maiden name in favour of the Mountbatten-Winsor moniker.

Of course there's no announcement as she's followed the usual protocol, so there's nothing to "announce".

Its simple .... she doesn't use her maiden name, for anything, she doesn't call herself it, sign herself with it, anything. It ceased to be her name from her wedding day - as with the millions of others of us who married and stopped going by our maiden names.

An announcement to say that she's renounced her maiden name .... er, no.

Yes, for those of us reading the thread, this was posted several times. However, that doesn't mean that she changed her name. It is possible she would use her own name. As I said, given that she did nothing in her life, and appeared to be totally focused on marrying him, I wouldn't be surprised if she did change it but saying that the royal surname is X doesn't mean that anyone who marries into the royal family nexessarily takes that name.

So you think that the future queen of England can use any name she wants?

So you think that the future queen of England can use any name she wants?

Yes, one of those benefits of being queen, I'd think. A mere few decades ago, it would've been unthinkable that the future queen of England would be a commoner who wasn't a virgin when she married. I'm guessing if we get to the point where a future queen will have had some aspiration or done something with her life, well who knows. Who knows with this one.

The one poster... who quoted a source. Everyone else seems to just be saying I'm wrong just because. I'll stick with the source.

Same source that knows that Clinton and Rodham married in 1975 and, as many posters noted, she didn't use his name until she was politically forced to stick it on the end of hers. But please, go on ignoring the facts and on with the personal slagging; it's fun to revisit third grade.

Plenty of people have posted sources to dispute your facts on this thread and many others. You simply chose to ignored them.

Yes, one of those benefits of being queen, I'd think. A mere few decades ago, it would've been unthinkable that the future queen of England would be a commoner who wasn't a virgin when she married. I'm guessing if we get to the point where a future queen will have had some aspiration or done something with her life, well who knows. Who knows with this one.

Can you ever just let something go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter