The Disneyland Team loves Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

DIS Veteran
I know there isn't usually as much chatter hear about the DISunplugged Disneyland edition, so I thought I would post here that in their most recent episode the covered 25 things they love about Walt Disney World

http://www.disunplugged.com/2017/06/12/dis-unplugged-podcast-061117-disneyland-show/

I thought it was a good reminder of all the great things about Walt Disney World as it is sometimes easy to focus on what we don't have/what is better at Disneyland/etc.

What are some of your favorite things about Walt Disney World specifically?

1. Animal Kingdom. The whole park is unique to Orlando, there's really nothing there that is copied at Disneyland and DCA.

2. Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror. Even before the Guardians re-do, I feel like Orlando had the better versions of these two rides. Some might disagree with Splash, but I think the animatronics look better in the Magic Kingdom version, and I like that you don't get as soaked.

3. Affordably staying onsite. This is especially important to me because of the perks you get for staying at a Disney World Hotel. I'm very glad that Disney World has the value resorts, because otherwise, even the moderates can get cost-prohibitive for some people. Luckily you don't miss out on too many perks (for now) staying offsite at Disneyland, and some of the hotels on Harbor Blvd are affordable and actually closer than Paradise Pier and the Disneyland Hotel to the gates, but there's something nice about staying AT Disney when you go to Disney.

4. Magicbands. Unpopular opinion probably, but I like them. I like not having to fish my credit card or room card out 50 times during the trip. And now that you can book and reconfigure fastpasses on the app, my feet certainly don't miss the days of having to go visit a certain location to get a paper fastpass on the opposite of the park.

5. The feeling of "arriving". I feel like because of Disney World's size, you get a better feeling of getting there than you do at Disneyland. Whether it's driving under that big Mouse-flanked sign at most of the entrances to the property, or taking the monorail or ferry to the Magic Kingdom, it feels like there's a sense of "now you're here!" that you don't get in Anaheim.

s'all I can think about right now. I still need to listen to the Disneyland podcast, I've been pretty bad about keeping up with them since they don't Youtube like the main podcast does.

Thanks Phil for giving them a shout out. They are so dedicated to this show, I know they were trying so hard to have a show the week of the meet despite all of them flying cross country but the wifi or something wasn't right. It was the first show they have missed in months? Years?
Tom works hard to constantly improve it, like not letting his team get long winded.. Hahaha. It's hilarious when his team fubars his intros and they have to start over.
I've always thought they should do FAR more crossover with the Orlando shows, like have them appear on the live show when someone is in town or have Ryno call in and talk new movies, especially Cars 3 and promote Dispop. I also think do some occasional cross overs with DU show and promote west coast products. Michael could convince anyone, even the dead themselves, to travel to DL.

Thanks Phil for giving them a shout out. They are so dedicated to this show, I know they were trying so hard to have a show the week of the meet despite all of them flying cross country but the wifi or something wasn't right. It was the first show they have missed in months? Years?
Tom works hard to constantly improve it, like not letting his team get long winded.. Hahaha. It's hilarious when his team fubars his intros and they have to start over.
I've always thought they should do FAR more crossover with the Orlando shows, like have them appear on the live show when someone is in town or have Ryno call in and talk new movies, especially Cars 3 and promote Dispop. I also think do some occasional cross overs with DU show and promote west coast products. Michael could convince anyone, even the dead themselves, to travel to DL.

I've seen/heard a few cross overs (I think Micheal Bowling has been on the WDW show and I heard Ryno once at least on the DL version when he was out there) but agree. I have been enjoying that the DL team has been vlogging more as it let's us see the faces behind the voices!

Funny you mention about Tom trying to keep them from being long winded as I noticed on this show he was really watching the time that each person got to speak about their entry - and then they would each complain when the previous person ate into their time (in a friendly way of course)

Yeah ha ha it's because they can wax philosophical or rant for an hour and a half in housekeeping if Tom let them. Tom has four mini Petes on his hands. :)

Last edited:

It was the first show they have missed in months? Years?

Ever.

(Actually, we didn't have a second segment following the Southwest DIS Meet, but a News show still went up that week. This is the first time we've not had anything at all go up...except for our scheduled holiday breaks.)

And thanks for noticing. :)

I listened the other day and I enjoyed it as well ...Great idea posting it, Phil. I love listening to the DL Podcast -they all do a great job and it was nice to be able to have met most of them at the 20th! My only regret is that I wasn't able to run into Mary Jo ...she's fairly elusive apparently! I was at DL last summer watching the Flag Retreat(which if anyone hasn't seen it ..should add it to their bucket list immediately --just sayin') and after the fact I found out she was there as well --bummer. I also love the vlogs they are doing. Many thanks for their hard work!

The thing I probably love most about WDW are the options ...could be resorts, pools, dining, parks, golf, tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter