The Disneyland Security Point Thread

dzd

Supreme Leader
Updated to be Super Thread

It’s been a while since I have been to DLR. I was speaking with a friend and he said the security lines have change somewhat. I wanted to make a map of where the points were to plan on where to expect lines and possibly avoid based on shared knowlage of where lines were and perhaps how bad they are at certain times. Please sound off with your experiences!

I’ll keep track of the feedback and try to keep image updated...

4_C8_A843_C_674_F_4337_9_C6_C_B3_A52_D6_B5887.jpg

Last edited:
I heard the Grand Californian now requires you be a guest of the hotel to use their entrance.

I heard the Grand Californian now requires you be a guest of the hotel to use their entrance.
The park entrance into DCA through the GCH there is a security check point.
Plus going from the GCH into DTD there is a security check point too.

The park entrance is limited to hotel guest in the morning. Later in the day we have been able to use it without an issue.

The security for GCH/DTD has never been an issue. If you go into GCH from DTD you'll have to go back through the check point to return to DTD. For this you do not need to be a hotel guest.

On the view below, the green dots are the two security check points for the GCH to the DCA and DTD.
The red dot has security screen for Hotel Guests ONLY.

2018-03-24 004.JPG

Last edited:

...On the view below, the green dots are the two security check points for the GCH to the DCA and DTD.
The red dot has security screen for Hotel Guests ONLY.

View attachment 310991

The red dot is the GCH security check point for hotel guests (meaning those with a current, registered GCH room key) and also those with a confirmed reservation at either Storyteller's Cafe or Napa Rose. The CM at the check point will ask if you are a GCH guest or for a reservation confirmation number (and sometimes will ask to see the confirmation email, too). Those with GCH keys and/or reservation confirmation numbers will be allowed to go through the front entrance of the hotel. We have always been allowed through the front entrance using a reservation confirmation number for either Storyteller's or NR, even though we were not staying at the GCH at the time.

There is also a security bag check at the M&F parking structure, before you board the trams.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can go straight from the hotel to the common area that separates the 2 parks so that you can get to Harbor Blvd (ie. without going into California Adventure first as we might want to walk out to Harbor Blvd on a non park day) or would we have to walk all the way around the block (Disneyland Dr to Katella to Harbor)?

Anyone know if you can go straight from the hotel to the common area that separates the 2 parks so that you can get to Harbor Blvd (ie. without going into California Adventure first as we might want to walk out to Harbor Blvd on a non park day) or would we have to walk all the way around the block (Disneyland Dr to Katella to Harbor)?

You can easily exit the GCH through the DTD exit (see the map above in post #6 -- the green dot to the left of Starbucks in DTD). You will exit the GCH through the security checkpoint/bag check that lets you into DTD right next to Sephora. Turn right and continue through DTD, through the esplanade, exit through the Harbor security checkpoint, and walk straight past the tram and shuttle drop off area to Harbor Blvd. (On the map in post #6, you exit the GCH at the green dot in DTD, turn right and continue on straight past the red line until you get to Harbor.)

Last edited:
FYI the Mickey & Friends check points are at the actual garage, not at the tram dropoff as you have them in your picture. So everyone coming in on the trams has already been through security. I'm not sure how to represent that on the picture since the garage isn't shown, just thought I'd point it out in case it's not clear.

The checkpoints that you're showing for the Mickey & Friends structure is a little confusing unless they've changed them to the tram exit points rather than the parking structure. If they are still at the parking structure I think there should be another picture showing that, plus one showing the checkpoints coming from Harbor Blvd. Something like below, or separate photos/aerials showing more detail:

upload_2018-3-25_11-32-15.png

Thats what I tried to explain in the note toward the top of the picture, but you maybe right, The harbor points are on the map however...

I also was confused about the blue lines near the Tram paths on the map. I thought that the blue square note was saying there were check points at the M&F structure (not pictured) and at those points (they didn't have any check points at those locations last week). I would also expand the map to include the structure and remove the blue markers at that tramp drop off.

I would also consider combining all three of the figure keys into a single Legend with a box around them so folks don't think that those points mean anything. At first glance, I thought the general access legend item was denoting that the parking lot up there had a general access check point.

Also, this is nitpicky, but the check points between ESPN and RFC are a little closer to the parking lot. You have to get through security before you want go into the ESPN store (which is on the corner of the building).

On a related note, there used to be a walking path from Disneyland Drive to DTD (it entered DTD near the tram drop off point). Has that one been blocked off to pedestrian traffic?

On a related note, there used to be a walking path from Disneyland Drive to DTD (it entered DTD near the tram drop off point). Has that one been blocked off to pedestrian traffic?

Yes, unfortunately, they blocked off the pedestrian path.

I also was confused about the blue lines near the Tram paths on the map. I thought that the blue square note was saying there were check points at the M&F structure (not pictured) and at those points (they didn't have any check points at those locations last week). I would also expand the map to include the structure and remove the blue markers at that tramp drop off.

I would also consider combining all three of the figure keys into a single Legend with a box around them so folks don't think that those points mean anything. At first glance, I thought the general access legend item was denoting that the parking lot up there had a general access check point.

Also, this is nitpicky, but the check points between ESPN and RFC are a little closer to the parking lot. You have to get through security before you want go into the ESPN store (which is on the corner of the building).

I hear you. I’ll take a stab at modifying the map to include your suggestions. I was hoping to not have multiple maps but it might not be possibe

Updated to be Super Thread

It’s been a while since I have been to DLR. I was speaking with a friend and he said the security lines have change somewhat. I wanted to make a map of where the points were to plan on where to expect lines and possibly avoid based on shared knowlage of where lines were and perhaps how bad they are at certain times. Please sound off with your experiences!

I’ll keep track of the feedback and try to keep image updated...

C816_ED8_A_8_A46_4_F17_BC98_F25_C1_EF1_A69_F.jpg
Thanks for this great map! Would there be a way for you to show what's the best way to walk to DL from PPH & back again? We have never stayed there & I know you can't cut through the Grand on the way in but can on the way back but I'm a visual person & would love to see it on this map. :) T!A!

That path has been blocked off since the security perimeter changed in December 2016. To get from M&F to the parks by walking you now have to go through the Dowtown Disney parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter