The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I would suggest either Fantasy or Adventure.

We were originally put in the Frontier Tower, and our key didn’t work (twice). After slogging between Frontier and Fantasy several times trying to get it resolved, Frontier felt a hundred miles away. 🙄 I finally asked to be put in Fantasy, and I was SO glad I did. It is much closer to DTD and much more convenient to everything else.

Thank you!

We stayed in Adventure tower 3 weeks ago, it was nice. So close to the entrance; we stepped out of the elevator, through the doors to a walkway, maybe a hundred feet or so along the walkway to cross the street to the security entrance.

When checking in, I asked if there was a free upgrade available, and she gave us a pool view, which was really nice.

Awesome! I’ll ask nicely and see if we get a little extra Disney Magic!

Just to continue my answer, the current holiday discount is only good for “most” Sunday through Thursday nights during the offer period. We are traveling in 2 weeks, and I just rebooked my room last week when this offer came out. It only saved me on one night (the Sunday night of our Friday to Monday trip), but that alone saved us $300 (we also were able to downgrade our view from DTD to Woods/Courtyard at GCH, which is the view I wanted but it was booked so I had the more expensive view booked initially). I booked this room months ago, checked daily and finally got a little discount 2 weeks before the trip for one night of our stay. It is still a big savings. And, it would still outweigh the $50 change fee they are charging you if a discounted room did become available at any time before your trip. So I would advise to keep checking, as people with room only reservations can cancel up to 5 days before without a penalty. So someone with a discounted room may cancel and it could open up for you. Just be aware that the sale may only apply to certain nights of your stay, as in this case, only “most” Sunday through Thursday nights. Good luck!

So did you just call to see if the offer could be applied to the dates of your trip that were eligible?

Just stayed in Frontier tower earlier this week in a pool view room on the 11th floor. The room was great- very spacious-but we all hated the slog down to that tower. It’s not really that far but it sure seems like it when you have to walk past the others to get there and are already tired. The schlep from the room to self parking with our bags also seemed eternal.

I requested Adventure or Fantasy on check in but we also wanted three beds to reduce sharing (it was me and my 3 DDs). The only availability for three beds (2 queens and the daybed/sofa) was Frontier tower so we went with it.

Now that I’ve stayed in all 3, Adventure tower is my favorite for sure followed by Fantasy then Frontier.

I really liked the Adventure Tower when we stayed there this past February. My husband was amazed at how close we were to the security checkpoint at the end of DtD, lol.

On a related note, I took that little "Neat and Ready" card with the picture of Walt and the maid's name on it home, laminated it, and have it hanging on my bathroom mirror. It makes me smile to see Walt, anyway. I have a quote of his hanging here at work and that photo of him walking through the castle hanging in my home (the same one can be seen in many DLH hotel rooms).

So did you just call to see if the offer could be applied to the dates of your trip that were eligible?
I just kept checking the website, and when the dates and room that I wanted became available with the discount, I rebooked online (yes, paid another deposit) and then called to cancel my other reservations. This is probably not the most economical way to do it, but I have seen these rooms disappear from my cart (especially when there is a sale involved). I have been stalking this reservation for months, so I had no problem double booking, and then calling to cancel my other reservations. The refund of those deposits hit my card within 2-3 days (they said it might take 14 days but it didn’t). I think I could have called, but they would not ” apply” it, as I understand that they technically book a new reservation, then move your existing deposit to the new reservation. But yes it can be done by phone if availability is still there. I don’t trust the hold times, so I just snagged it online straight away.

We just returned from a one night stay at the Disneyland Hotel. From start to finish, the service of every cast member we encountered was top notch. We checked in early Monday morning, and the CM at the desk helped me decide on a tower and found us a wonderful room in the Adventure Tower with a fantastic view of the pool. He really went above and beyond to make sure our first experience was excellent. We spent most of Monday at Disneyland, and while my husband got cleaned up and checked work emails, my mom and I took the kids to Trader Sam’s. Our server was wonderful, the drinks and appetizers delicious, the dole whips perfect, and the atmosphere SO MUCH FUN.

Two incidents have made me a fan for life... I left my Malificent Minnie ears on the table. When I went back less than an hour later, they were nowhere to be found and hadn’t been turned in. I was sad because I bought these years ago at WDW and they’re unique. So an hour later as we are called for our table at Goofy’s Kitchen, a CM comes running up with my ears! They’d been found at TS, and a cast member personally delivered them to me at dinner. I couldn’t believe it. Apparently we had issues leaving things because we left 3 items in our room. After completing the online form, a cast member from the DLH list and found called me this morning confirming everything and told me she was putting our items in the mail. Such excellent service!

I fell in love with the DLH. I love the classic Disney music they play around the grounds, the retro tiki vibe, the special haunted mansion effects in the fantasy tower, the special trick or treating for hotel guests, and most of all the amazing cast members at the hotel. We are locals from San Diego, and staying here every trip isn’t possible, as we come too frequently, but the DLH will always have my heart and I can’t wait to splurge on a longer stay for my bday in April!

Just had to share my thoughts... if you’re thinking of booking the DLH, just do it! It’s awesome. Even the other guests were all friendly and upbeat!

We’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel for our first time during Christmas Eve and Day. Has anyone stayed during this time? Any advice to make it extra magical for the holiday?

I just wanted to come back and post our experience with our stay at DLH. We stayed 4 nights, Oct 13 week. I booked a standard room. I requested either Fantasy or Adventure tower. We got the 11th floor in Fantasy tower. At first I was disappointed with no free upgrade, but view was ok. We could see Star Wars land and the fireworks from our room Sunday night. The bathroom was with toilet in own room inside bathroom with sink and shower, but there was a spot outside the bathroom where I could do makeup, hair while others were showering inside bathroom.

The pool slide was a little disappointing, the top slide wasn't open. I'm not sure why, but my 12 year old said it was lame. We did enjoy the pool and hot tub during breaks. I wish it stayed open later so we could soak in the hot tub in the evening, but it closed at 9pm, which seemed too early? We did not eat at the hotel, but ordered a few drinks from the pool. Overall our stay was fine. IMG_20191013_132440159.jpgIMG_20191013_140506326_HDR.jpgIMG_20191013_192100224.jpgIMG_20191013_170247763_HDR.jpgIMG_20191013_135941154.jpgIMG_20191013_134950404.jpg

We’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel for our first time during Christmas Eve and Day. Has anyone stayed during this time? Any advice to make it extra magical for the holiday?
We stayed there dec 21 -25 last year. I love the holidays at the DL. I know DLH and i believe the other 2 hotels have a Santa on site. They will give you a schedule when you check in of events and activities happening at the hotels. You can always get a package to decorate the room. I just love being on site with the holiday music playing as you walk in to the parks. There is usually a gingerbread house at one of the hotels also.

We stayed there dec 21 -25 last year. I love the holidays at the DL. I know DLH and i believe the other 2 hotels have a Santa on site. They will give you a schedule when you check in of events and activities happening at the hotels. You can always get a package to decorate the room. I just love being on site with the holiday music playing as you walk in to the parks. There is usually a gingerbread house at one of the hotels also.
Would be amazing to spot Santa at the happiest place on earth before he makes his travels! Do you know how to go about ordering a package for decorating the room? Also, we’re you able to come and go from the parks even if the park hits capacity? Thanks for your help :)

Would be amazing to spot Santa at the happiest place on earth before he makes his travels! Do you know how to go about ordering a package for decorating the room? Also, we’re you able to come and go from the parks even if the park hits capacity? Thanks for your help :)

For decorating and other items go to disney floral and gifts. http://disneyland.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do

We went in 2017 12/28-31 and park did hit capacity one of the days. in 2018 we went 12/21-25 and do not recall park hitting capacity. We always utilize EMH and Max pass. We had a group of 12 in 2018 and we got there at 7 am and by 1 pm we had already done all the must rides for the day and we were out of the parks and going either to the pool or shopping. We would go back in to the parks after 5 pm. and go on rides we had a MP for or just to shop in the parks or eat a churro. Go early and use MP. By 2 pm crowds are a bit crazy. Have a plan and you will be fine.

We’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel over Christmas and we’ve never been.

Can someone tell me the differences between each tower at the Disneyland Hotel?

Does every room have a light up castle headboard?

We’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel over Christmas and we’ve never been.

Can someone tell me the differences between each tower at the Disneyland Hotel?

Does every room have a light up castle headboard?
All three towers are very similar. While there are some differences, they are pretty minor, so I wouldn't worry about being disappointed if you get one tower instead of another. Here are some differences.

Fantasy Tower - the "main" tower. It's the one that has the lobby, gift shop, and is connected to the ballroom/convention rooms where Goofy's Kitchen and Steakhouse 55 are located. Views are either city view or of the courtyard/pool area. There are pictures of celebrities visiting Disneyland on the walls along with a large collage of Disney memorabilia, and some photos of Disneyland through the years.

Adventure Tower - technically the "closest" to DTD and the parks (although I think the difference in proximity is way overblown, it's not that much closer). Views are either facing DTD or the courtyard/pool area. There is some concept art/models of Adventureland displayed on the main floor.

Frontier Tower - technically the "farthest away" from DTD and the parks (but again, I think this is way overblown, as it's not that much farther). Views are either city or the pool/courtyard area. There is concept art and a model BTMM on the main floor. Also, a plaque with a tribute to Ol' Unfaithful is outside the entrance to the Frontier Tower.

All of them are more or less the same distance from the courtyard/pool/Trader Sam's area. You can tour the main level of all the towers of you want to see the art installations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter