The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Our 3rd DLR trip is in September and we can’t wait to get back to DLH! I know the Grand is grand, but for us, you just can’t beat the nostalgic vibe of the Disneyland hotel! The throwback art/pictures/map, the light up headboards, Pluto in the lobby! It is just so Disney we can’t wait!!
Woo Hoo! We'll be there the second week in September! We've never stayed at DLH before, so super excited!
I'm admin of the September Check in thread; can I add you? What are your dates? :)

Woo Hoo! We'll be there the second week in September! We've never stayed at DLH before, so super excited!
I'm admin of the September Check in thread; can I add you? What are your dates? :)
Hi! Can you add me?? I decided to bite the bullet and pay for my boys to stay at DLH with us so we are all together onsite!
Our dates are Sept 2-7 DLH Club level Premium View - very much looking forward to the whimsical magic of DLH 😊💜

At the pools, are we allowed to bring our own vests/floaties for the kids or do we need to use ones provided by the hotel?
When my kids were little, it was “hotel vests/floaties” only, but they’re teenagers now, so I’m not sure if my information is current...

When my kids were little, it was “hotel vests/floaties” only, but they’re teenagers now, so I’m not sure if my information is current...

We bring our own every time. We have the kind that they sell at Costco, where it snaps in the back & has two flotation devices on the arms & one around the torso.

After a 2 year hiatus we have decided to return August 27 - September 3 staying at the Disneyland Hotel. If you would like to add us to the list. Apologies in advance to anyone who is slowed by our caravan which includes my elderly parents in ECV’s. They are both quite ill in there own ways but we just couldn’t leave them home. We have done 28+ trips with them as a family. In the beginning it was my Father that was the big strong man carrying tired little kids around the park. Now it will be his big strong Grandsons taking care of his needs. Even when your ill, there’s no better place to be than Disneyland and we are all looking forward to returning to our happy place. We’ve shared a lifetime of happy memories there and one last trip with the complete family will be the cherry on top. 😍

After a 2 year hiatus we have decided to return August 27 - September 3 staying at the Disneyland Hotel....They are both quite ill in there own ways but we just couldn’t leave them home. We have done 28+ trips with them as a family. In the beginning it was my Father that was the big strong man carrying tired little kids around the park. Now it will be his big strong Grandsons taking care of his needs. Even when your ill, there’s no better place to be than Disneyland and we are all looking forward to returning to our happy place. We’ve shared a lifetime of happy memories there and one last trip with the complete family will be the cherry on top. 😍
...if walls could talk...:sad1: [hope your vacay is MAGICAL!]

In the beginning it was my Father that was the big strong man carrying tired little kids around the park. Now it will be his big strong Grandsons taking care of his needs. Even when your ill, there’s no better place to be than Disneyland and we are all looking forward to returning to our happy place. We’ve shared a lifetime of happy memories there and one last trip with the complete family will be the cherry on top. 😍
I love this! I think this is why I love Disneyland so much- I love that Walt created a place where this can happen and every member of the family can have a magical time together. Have a wonderful trip and treasure those memories you are making as a family! :love:

It depends on your budget. Our kids need breakfast immediately. We like homewood suites because they have breakfast right there waiting, dinner provided m-th at 5-7. It’s a 20 min walk but worth it to us. The pool has a spray of water that shoots up. Not water park like though. There is a short pool they can play in alone with you near. (We use life vests and we did see a kid fall and the mom had to jump in)

Others like the courtyard Marriott theme park entrance. We’d stay there but no immediate breakfast.

Hojo is a loved hotel.

I just can’t spend the kind of money at DLH because my kids need a suite to sleep.

What are everyone's thoughts of staying here with small kids? Trying to decide whether to splurge or stay offsite. My son will be 4. :)

Sorry if this has been addressed already but from reading it looks like the bathroom setups are different in some rooms. Does anyone know if they have rooms with two queen beds that also have double sinks? Looks like the toilet is always in its own room which is what we need. And do I need to call to make a request or can I fax something? Thanks!!

When there last year we had two queen beds, two sinks and the toilet in a separate room, so they do exist! I think you can call and request but nothing is guaranteed.

Sorry if this has been addressed already but from reading it looks like the bathroom setups are different in some rooms. Does anyone know if they have rooms with two queen beds that also have double sinks? Looks like the toilet is always in its own room which is what we need. And do I need to call to make a request or can I fax something? Thanks!!
In Fantasy & Adventure towers, we've had double sinks with toilet between sink & tub, double sinks with toilet in separate area & I think also single sink with toilet in separate area. In Frontier tower, the tub & toilet were in a room to the right of the door and the sink/counter were to the left of the door, not enclosed at all. Most of these rooms were 2 queens, but at least one in Adventure was a King room.

Hi, does the DLH do anything fun or Halloween-centric on Halloween? We have missed out on party tickets for the evening and we are hoping to do something fun. We are Australian, so looking for something great as we don't celebrate Halloween much here. Thanks.

Are all slides open at this time? We arrive August 26th and are looking forward to the pools and slides.

I am getting excited. We'll only be there 4 nights (Oct 13-17) but I'm also feeling a bit guilty on the DLH cost. I only booked a standard room too. I hope it will feel worth it. We were there once before when my boys were little so it's nice to do it again with them, but man every time I look at the cost, I cringe. I'm just happy we are going. We have MaxPass and Hoppers so I'm sure we'll do all that we want and have time to enjoy the hotel. Anyone else feeling that with the cost?

I am getting excited. We'll only be there 4 nights (Oct 13-17) but I'm also feeling a bit guilty on the DLH cost. I only booked a standard room too. I hope it will feel worth it. We were there once before when my boys were little so it's nice to do it again with them, but man every time I look at the cost, I cringe. I'm just happy we are going. We have MaxPass and Hoppers so I'm sure we'll do all that we want and have time to enjoy the hotel. Anyone else feeling that with the cost?

I feel like all 3 DLR hotels are overpriced, definitely. When we went last February, I got a discounted rate they were running for DLH Sun-Thurs nights for $356 per night (standard room) and that's at the top end of what I'm willing to pay for a splurge hotel (I have only paid a little more than this at Hotel del Coronado in San Diego).

I've also stayed at PPH and the pricing was around $330 or so per night (weekend days included in this trip), but that was over five years ago at this point.

It's really disappointing considering how WDW hotels are priced, also. We stayed at POR last year and the cost was around $220 or so per night as it's a moderate.

I was looking at the first post in this thread, which I assume was written in 2011, and it said the average cost for standard view was $215-300! Wow!

I have tried and tried to justify the insane cost, but I just can’t. I priced out a reservation for an upgraded concierge level room at Anaheim Marriott (with a private balcony and city view), and it was still $1000 less than a standard room at DLH!

Last edited:
The price is keeping me from purchasing anything extra, no Halloween Party, no WOC or Fantasmic dining packages, etc. I will just quit looking at the price and know that this is probably the last time we'll do it with my boys as kids/teens. Maybe Anaheim has more costs to Disney than Orlando?

The price is keeping me from purchasing anything extra, no Halloween Party, no WOC or Fantasmic dining packages, etc. I will just quit looking at the price and know that this is probably the last time we'll do it with my boys as kids/teens. Maybe Anaheim has more costs to Disney than Orlando?

I have just gone over and over trying to figure out what the DLH offers that justifies the cost, and I’m coming up pretty empty.

There is the 1 hour early access to the park in the mornings. But considering I already get 1 hour with my ticket, then I would really only get 3 early morning days, so $333 for 1 extra hour in the park.

Other than some special theming, I’m just not seeing the benefit of the cost, personally.

What are your thoughts on what makes it worth it to you? I have never stayed there so I’m sure I’m missing something (and I would love to stay there...as I said, I have tried and tried to justify it but haven’t been able to!)

Thinking about a DLR trip in 2021 (yeah, I know. Armchair traveling at this point.) I think the DLH looks really cool. But the difference in cost to the hotels just on the other side of the park is significant. My question is this: what things can we do at the DLH as visitors? Trader Sam's, I'm guessing. Goofy's? What else? At WDW you can pretty much walk around and experience everything except the rooms and pool. With one or two "meal" type visits, I think I might see enough to give it a pass. I can use the savings on blow-out meals at the DLH, for example. Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter