The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Can anyone there in the past week report back on the main pool and the waterslides? I have heard the monorail slides were closed for a repair. We check in Thursday - fingers crossed. Thanks!

Can anyone there in the past week report back on the main pool and the waterslides? I have heard the monorail slides were closed for a repair. We check in Thursday - fingers crossed. Thanks!
We check in Friday and are also crossing our fingers! I called last week and the CM I talked to acted like the slides coule be open, but might close unexpectedly due to an issue they need to fix.

We check in Friday and are also crossing our fingers! I called last week and the CM I talked to acted like the slides coule be open, but might close unexpectedly due to an issue they need to fix.
We just checked out and slides were closed. Can go to pp. They do have daily pool parties and are open till 10pm. Hth.

Darn - thanks for the info. The pool at PP I'm sure is great but the big draw for DLH was Trader Sam's while the kids enjoyed the slides. I am surprised Disney isn't posting anything the slides being closed. I'll keep those fingers crossed.

Hi! I had to make the downgrade to DLH Club Level from the Grand Club level to save us approx. $2,500 USD, (add more for exchange and it's even bigger savings) …. with the Cdn exchange that it just too big a difference to ignore. I know that GCH would have the optimal location, but Do you find the walk to the parks that horrible staying at DLH?? Our kids are staying across the road at Best Western Park Place Inn, so we will be meeting up with them daily somewhere....perhaps starbucks / DTD....not quite decided on the location yet. From what I've read, we can use the monorail to cut down some walking going to Disneyland?? What's the walk like going to DCA?? hard for me to picture the location as I haven't been to DL in 30 years! I am looking forward to our September visit! Maybe, just maybe we may get lucky and have a discount that would make staying at GCH more in reach, however.....If we need to stay put, I am excited for DLH, it is only the extra walking that is slightly worrying me!

I did not find the walk long at all. I think we got to the gates in less than ten minutes. I think meeting at starbucks would be a good spot! The DCA entrance is directly across from the Disneyland entrance (where the parking lot used to be). And yes, you can enter Disneyland using the monorail. The monorail only stops in Disneyland though, not DCA. We loved our stay at the DLH last week! Have a wonderful trip!

Hi! I had to make the downgrade to DLH Club Level from the Grand Club level to save us approx. $2,500 USD, (add more for exchange and it's even bigger savings) …. with the Cdn exchange that it just too big a difference to ignore. I know that GCH would have the optimal location, but Do you find the walk to the parks that horrible staying at DLH?? Our kids are staying across the road at Best Western Park Place Inn, so we will be meeting up with them daily somewhere....perhaps starbucks / DTD....not quite decided on the location yet. From what I've read, we can use the monorail to cut down some walking going to Disneyland?? What's the walk like going to DCA?? hard for me to picture the location as I haven't been to DL in 30 years! I am looking forward to our September visit! Maybe, just maybe we may get lucky and have a discount that would make staying at GCH more in reach, however.....If we need to stay put, I am excited for DLH, it is only the extra walking that is slightly worrying me!

The walk is not bad at all. We stayed at the DLH last February and I loved entering from that side of the esplanade.

I usually stay at at the GCH but last year tried the DLH for the first time and I didn't think the walk was that bad. I also like taking the monorail back to get closer when I was ready for a break in the middle of the day. The other plus I found is there were food trucks by the DLH which were great for a late night snack, plus Earl of Sandwich had just reopened. I feel there are things I had missed out on by not staying at the DLH since it was at the end of DTD and I had no reason to go that way. Plus the DLH has Trader Sam's right there and dole whips with rum!!!!

If you want to get an idea, take a look at Google Maps to see exactly where everything is in relationship to DLH as opposed to BWPPI. Switch to Satellite image. Use the little person in the lower right-hand corner, drag it over to the DLH entrance, and you can do a virtual walk through to see exactly what it looks like as you walk through DTD to the Esplanade. https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8063578,-117.9165314,928m/data=!3m1!1e3

I booked club level for DLH in November. We have stayed at all of the DL hotels at one point, but never CL. At WDW you have access to the lounges from whenever you check in (even if your room is not ready) until midnight of the day you check out. Even if your magic band does not work anymore the lounge CMs can cut you an access key card for the rest of that day. Is that how DL club level is too? We are working an hour away for the fall/winter and may want to do a few more 1-2 night stays. Thanks!

Hi! I had to make the downgrade to DLH Club Level from the Grand Club level to save us approx. $2,500 USD, (add more for exchange and it's even bigger savings) …. with the Cdn exchange that it just too big a difference to ignore. I know that GCH would have the optimal location, but Do you find the walk to the parks that horrible staying at DLH??
...absolutely NOT! And that's coming from someone with osteoarthritis in both knees. From a WDW vet, the difference in how amazingly close everything is is simply astounding!

...absolutely NOT! And that's coming from someone with osteoarthritis in both knees. From a WDW vet, the difference in how amazingly close everything is is simply astounding!
Thank you so much! That is a relief to know! My heart would love to switch back to GCH, but I just can't overlook that $2,500 difference, that's a lot of money that would go a long way towards paying for our food and other incidentals , as well as that light sabre DH wants to build :P . I think it's DLH for us unless something major changes in the next 68 days price wise! Wish I could afford to pay the difference so our boys could stay at DLH with us.... but it would be about $1,400 more added to what they are paying to stay at Best Western Park Place inn..... they are paying $1,300 for the 5 nights, and DLH is pricing at $2,700 for the most basic standard view. Guess they'll be meeting up with us, as that's still a substantial difference between the 2! :)

Thank you so much! That is a relief to know! My heart would love to switch back to GCH, but I just can't overlook that $2,500 difference, that's a lot of money that would go a long way towards paying for our food and other incidentals , as well as that light sabre DH wants to build :P . I think it's DLH for us unless something major changes in the next 68 days price wise! Wish I could afford to pay the difference so our boys could stay at DLH with us.... but it would be about $1,400 more added to what they are paying to stay at Best Western Park Place inn..... they are paying $1,300 for the 5 nights, and DLH is pricing at $2,700 for the most basic standard view. Guess they'll be meeting up with us, as that's still a substantial difference between the 2! :)

Hopefully the walk for you won’t be bad, there are plenty of places in Downtown Disney to sit down for a minute or two if your feet or legs are just killing you. Ultimately the extra distance though is probably a little less than 0.3 mile, or about 1500 feet, and honestly GCH and DLH are about equal distance to the monorail. So GCH is only closer to the front gates and of course DCA park. I hear security into Downtown Disney can be quicker than from GCH too because they have room to have more bag check stations, etc. I don’t think I’ve ever waiting longer than about three minutes.

(For reference, from the front gate to the castle looks to be about 1000 feet)

I booked club level for DLH in November. We have stayed at all of the DL hotels at one point, but never CL. At WDW you have access to the lounges from whenever you check in (even if your room is not ready) until midnight of the day you check out. Even if your magic band does not work anymore the lounge CMs can cut you an access key card for the rest of that day. Is that how DL club level is too? We are working an hour away for the fall/winter and may want to do a few more 1-2 night stays. Thanks!

You will have access to the lounge from the time you check in until the time you check out. If you stay in the lounge after checkout, you will not be kicked out. But if you leave, you will not be let back in. We usually arrive very early in the morning on check in day to eat breakfast and hang out in the lounge and then take advantage of EMH on our arrival day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts