The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

That is good to know. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that we get it. We put in the request and that was our only request. We were planning on upgrading to concierge so hopefully that helps our chances. Our travel agent said because we are staying longer we have a better chance of getting it.

If not, I'm sure we will make it work. Unfortunately a 2 bedroom is too small for our party so we need a 3 bedroom.

Would you still recommend concierge if we end up in Feontier tower?

Your odds of getting a 3 room suite in Adventure tower are low, especially during Christmas. My understanding is that most of the 3 rooms suites are in Frontier Tower. You can call and put in the request for that tower and if you are adding "club" services it may give you a slight advantage but even that won't guarantee you will be in Adventure.

Our last trip we had to downsize to a 2 room suite for better odds (per the room schedulers advice) of being in that tower because I did want to be close to the lounge. We were lucky enough to have our request met, but they had to pull a few strings for it to work. I think the fact that we are frequent flyers (2 times a year for the past several years) helped a little.

If it's a top priority to be in Adventure Tower, I'm with Nonsuch you might want to reconsider the Villas at the Grand. You are probably not going to have your request met.

My suggestion to them last time we traveled was that maybe they should consider putting a second club in either of the other two towers to make it more accessible for guest when they are not staying in Adventure tower. Maybe when the new hotel is opened it will be a little easier to have your requests met.
I'm going

Would you still recommend concierge if we end up in Feontier tower?

That's a hard one as it is very inconvenient. It still worked for our family as we made good use of the breakfast but I don't know it I would do it again. If I knew upfront that we were going to be put in one of the other towers I would change and go to the Villas or a three room at the Grand -- and I don't know of anyone who loves the DLH as much as our family.I just really don't like being in the Frontier Tower but others really like it.

The three room suite we had in Frontier Tower was on the top floor and had a full balcony which you could sit on and see DTD , the pool and a good view of DCA. It had very nice views and the balcony for sure was nice to have. I found the room layout to be odd. It was more like a one bedroom suite on the one side with a King Bedroom, living room with bar and then you went across the hall and there was two, two bedrooms.

Our travel agent said because we are staying longer we have a better chance of getting it.

Not to be disrespectful but no, that won't give you any better chance. TA's sometimes tell you what you want to hear and not what really goes on. I'm not even really sure how many, if any, three room suites they have in Adventure. I think there might be two but Malcon10t would probably know for sure. It will depend on who is staying before and after you as it's like playing tetris to assign the rooms. Also if there is a guest that spends a good amount of time at the resort they will place them first.

I would just go into it knowing that you will most likely not be in Adventure and if you are okay with that, then if it happens you will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. Unfortunately a 3 bedroom at GCH and renting a Villa are quite a bit more and out of our budget.

I will anticipate that we will be more than likely placed in frontier but will cross our fingers for adventure. I'll call a bit ahead and check then too. Concierge doesn't seem as convenient if we have to walk to another building but we will see what everyone thinks.

We requested Adventure tower and then Upper floor. So hopefully no matter the tower we get a good view.

That's a hard one as it is very inconvenient. It still worked for our family as we made good use of the breakfast but I don't know it I would do it again. If I knew upfront that we were going to be put in one of the other towers I would change and go to the Villas or a three room at the Grand -- and I don't know of anyone who loves the DLH as much as our family.I just really don't like being in the Frontier Tower but others really like it.

The three room suite we had in Frontier Tower was on the top floor and had a full balcony which you could sit on and see DTD , the pool and a good view of DCA. It had very nice views and the balcony for sure was nice to have. I found the room layout to be odd. It was more like a one bedroom suite on the one side with a King Bedroom, living room with bar and the you went across the hall and there was two, two bedrooms.

Not to be disrespectful but no, that won't give you any better chance. TA's sometimes tell you what you want to hear and not what really goes on. I'm not even really sure how many, if any, three room suites they have in Adventure. I think there might be two but Malcon10t would probably know for sure. It will depend on who is staying before and after you as it's like playing tetris to assign the rooms. Also if there is a guest that spends a good amount of time at the resort they will place them first.

I would just go into it knowing that you will most likely not be in Adventure and if you are okay with that, then if it happens you will be pleasantly surprised.

Does tower choice matter if you are in a standard room? I'm assuming that I'm going to get to look at trees or a parking lot, but are the rooms any different or is it just about how close you are to the parks?

Can anyone tell me about character interaction at the disneyland hotel? My daughter actually doesn't care for the characters. So we will not go to the character dining, but are there other places or times we should avoid when the characters might be at the hotel?? Thanks.

Does anyone have a copy of the room service menu they can post? I'm curious about all the meals, but particularly breakfast. I heard on the DIS podcast show that you can order breakfast for 6:00. I'm thinking that could be perfect for eating something as we get ready before leaving for early entry.

Can anyone tell me about character interaction at the disneyland hotel? My daughter actually doesn't care for the characters. So we will not go to the character dining, but are there other places or times we should avoid when the characters might be at the hotel?? Thanks.

Goofy was hanging out in the lobby on our last visit from what I understand he’s there often.

We have seen characters everytime we stay at the DLH. During check in time is when you I'll most likely see goofy. Also after the character breakfast is over for brunch (I think around 1ish) some characters from there will hop over to the lobby of the fantasy tower sometimes. Characters will hang out in and around the fantasy tower. Request for the Frontier tower if you need to completely avoid characters.

Echoing what others have said, when we checked in, around 1:00 PM, is when we saw Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Chip 'n Dale and Pluto

Can anyone who has stayed here recently and had a room with two sinks tell me what tower/room they stayed in? Was it a standard room or upgraded view? It seems like the majority of the rooms here have a single sink but I have seen photos of rooms with a double sink. Our last visit to the DLH was for the 50th anniversary and that was before the rooms were updated. My family is considering trying this hotel out for a future trip since our usual beloved GCH will be under renovation most of the year. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone who has stayed here recently and had a room with two sinks tell me what tower/room they stayed in? Was it a standard room or upgraded view? It seems like the majority of the rooms here have a single sink but I have seen photos of rooms with a double sink. Our last visit to the DLH was for the 50th anniversary and that was before the rooms were updated. My family is considering trying this hotel out for a future trip since our usual beloved GCH will be under renovation most of the year. Thanks in advance.

We had a standard view room on the 5th floor of the Adventure Tower that had a bath with two sinks

We had a standard view room on the 5th floor of the Adventure Tower that had a bath with two sinks
Hello: I just got back from a wonderful trip in December, we were in a 2 bedroom suite in the Fantasy tower: and both of those bathrooms were single sinks as well. I've seen pictures as well, good luck.

Thank you OneThree and Jane VanTassel! I guess it is random throughout the hotel. Looks like we will have to take our chances if we stay there. I am curious about staying in the refurbished rooms. Last time we were there was in 2005. Although the GCH is now my favorite, the DLH is still special to my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter