The Disney Adventures of Scooter Mom-Sept 7-14 (COMPLETE)

Hi there, for once I can say that i am the lurker. Well, actually, I just clicked on it today when I recognized your name.

Having only read the last couple pages, i don't know what's wrong with your ankle, but I think it was the part where you said you are hoarding pain killers that got my attention, I know all about that as you well know. And remember, don't waste them taking them after you've eaten, they won't work as well.

Question,,,, how many shots did you get to take playing Katniss? Is it worth it? I'm always looking for new and innovative ways to hurt myself and this is something I haven't tried. Doing a great job on your report, I need to start froom scratch. neb

Hey Nebo !!!

LOL. Yes, we both love our painkillers !! Read the introduction, it will tell you about the ankle. Gravity is a heartless wench as you well know.

They got to shoot A LOT. Definitely over 30 times. You should try it !! It will be fun to read about how you hurt yourself doing it !! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Thanks for reading and stopping to say hello.

Susan

Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 8 part 1

We got up about 8 AM and got the car all packed and we checked out.

Waaahhhhhhhh !!! :sad1:

We really loved Wilderness Lodge. It is just a cozy and quiet resort. It is like you are insulated from everything and it has such a relaxing feel to it. I took a photo of this decorative turquoise on the front of the check-in counter.

DSC05095.jpg

I think it is real. It FELT real. But we all know how good Disney is at making things look real when they arent. Anyway, I thought it was pretty.

We went to Roaring Fork for breakfast and had the same stuff we'd been having all week.

DH and I each got the Croissant sandwich.

DSC05096.jpg

I had this to drink

DSC05097.jpg

I haven't had chocolate milk in a long time and for some reason, this tasted amazing. It was nice and cold, too. I think that temperature really makes a difference. See ??? It is the little things.

DD had her Mickey waffles

DSC05098.jpg

And DS had his pancakes

DSC05099.jpg

Since the car was already packed, there was no room for the scooter. So we had to take the bus and of course it took FOREVER for one to come and we were third in line for the handicapped spot on the bus. What that means is, the bus can only take two handicap vehicles at a time. When the CM came to tell us we would have to wait for another bus, the people in front of us said they could fold up one of their wheelchairs so we could all get on the bus. They were very kind and we were very thankful.

Our park for this day was Hollywood Studios.

DSC05101.jpg

DSC05102.jpg

DSC05103.jpg

We didn't get to the park until 10:30 AM and even then, the FP return time for TSM was only 1:00 PM.

Ahhh September crowds. Gotta love them !!

DH took DD over to ride Star Tours which makes me sick, so I don't ride it much. They were able to ride it three times in a row. DS and I went over to RnR so he could ride that.

DSC05105.jpg

He was able to ride it two times in a row with no wait. It rained a little while I was waiting, so I hung out in the gift shop. It was really fun to see everyone's reaction to the ride and several of them were so excited to be riding multiple times with very little wait.

After that, we met DD and DH at the Great Movie Ride. I amused myself by taking detail photos while we were waiting for them to show up.

DSC05106.jpg

DSC05107.jpg

DSC05108.jpg

DSC05109.jpg

DSC05110.jpg

DSC05111.jpg

DSC05112.jpg

DSC05113.jpg

DSC05114.jpg

This was an easy ride to transfer to from the scooter. They let you park very close to the tram and it is just a couple of steps to board. I really just love this ride. All of the movies clips and songs, the bad acting and the montage at the end. Classic !!

After GMR, we still had some time before our TSM window, so we went to see if we could get in the drawing class.

DSC05115.jpg

We got the last four seats. Now I love this class, because well, I am a pretty decent artist. The kids always get frustrated and stop in the middle, so they dont seem to enjoy it much. I keep forgetting to sneak in an eraser for them.
We all voted and Stitch won !! We were all happy to be drawing him. Heres mine.

DSC05116.jpg

DSC05117.jpg

Heres DHs

DSC05118.jpg

I could just sit there all day drawing. Love it !!

Okay, I'm behind a few days and with your rapid pace updates that always means that I'm like 1,298,597 updates behind. :lmao:

First, I'm very excited that your Thanksgiving trip is back on. You'll have to let me know what your plans are day to day and then we can meet up at some point for sure. My Mom is unsure if she'll be able to go, so my travel partner might be undecided. Apparently the retina needs to heal completely before she can fly, and 4 weeks may or may not be enough.

Wait?! Betty the Yeti was working!? Get out of town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a small miracle.

Maharajah Jungle Trek will be on my list if we make it to AK in November. I haven't done it in years and I love the tigers.

Hahahahahaha, I love that picture of that lady with her crazy straw hat! :rotfl:

Yeah, the servings at Yak and Yeti are HUGE! But so so tasty.

I'm shocked that the kids ate chicken nuggets. Just floored. :lmao:

Yeah, you sitting out on Primeval Whirl was definitely a good choice.

Ooohhhh, archery lessons. Interesting.

Fort Wilderness is a fun place to stay. We stayed there for two week when I was a kid and it was great. It's definitely the kind of place to stay though when you have a long trip and can really take the time to appreciate all that the resort has to offer.

Wooooahhhh, look at DD changing it up and getting flatbread! That came out of left field.

*sob* Departure day. What a bummer.

That's a great return time for TSM. You're right, September crowds!

Okay, I'm behind a few days and with your rapid pace updates that always means that I'm like 1,298,597 updates behind. :lmao:

Hey, I am just laying here all day every day with my leg up in a cast. Updates are all I have to look forward to !!

First, I'm very excited that your Thanksgiving trip is back on. You'll have to let me know what your plans are day to day and then we can meet up at some point for sure. My Mom is unsure if she'll be able to go, so my travel partner might be undecided. Apparently the retina needs to heal completely before she can fly, and 4 weeks may or may not be enough.

Wait?! Betty the Yeti was working!? Get out of town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a small miracle.

DS said it was and the CM seemed to confirm. Personally, I wasn't paying attention, I guess.

Maharajah Jungle Trek will be on my list if we make it to AK in November. I haven't done it in years and I love the tigers.

[/COLOR]DarkRed"]We haven't done it in a while either. Since the crowds were so low, I was happy we took the time.[/COLOR]

Hahahahahaha, I love that picture of that lady with her crazy straw hat! :rotfl:

Yeah, the servings at Yak and Yeti are HUGE! But so so tasty.

Yes, we will definitely share next time we go there. Huge portions.

I'm shocked that the kids ate chicken nuggets. Just floored. :lmao:

I know, right ?? I seriously don't know how they can eat them so much.

Yeah, you sitting out on Primeval Whirl was definitely a good choice.

Yep. Waaaayyyy too bumpy. Normally, when I am well, I like this ride, though.

Ooohhhh, archery lessons. Interesting.

It was interesting. Something different to do. DH seemed to enjoy it the most, even though I booked it for the kids.

Fort Wilderness is a fun place to stay. We stayed there for two week when I was a kid and it was great. It's definitely the kind of place to stay though when you have a long trip and can really take the time to appreciate all that the resort has to offer.

I would love to stay there. So much to do !!

Wooooahhhh, look at DD changing it up and getting flatbread! That came out of left field.

I know, right ?? I guess she was finally sick of chicken.

*sob* Departure day. What a bummer.

I know. Always a total bumfest.

That's a great return time for TSM. You're right, September crowds!

The crowds were amazing. Never had to wait for anything. I am not even sure we used fast pass for anything other than TSM

Here are our plans for November .....

11/22 - Arrive around noon, check into SSR. Thanksgiving dinner at Garden Grill at 3:15 PM. Maybe Osborn lights after that.

11/23 - Animal Kingdom in the AM - Grand Floridian Cafe dinner at 6:25 PM. Castle lights and evening at MK.

11/24 - EMH at HS that morning. Then LeCellier lunch at 2:05 PM. Maybe stay for Illuminations.

11/25 - Check out and spend the Day at MK.

I would sooooo love to meet you !! I hope your Mom is better by then !! Let me know when you could maybe work in a dismeet !! So excited !!

Hi Susan :) Great update. I too am a fan of the Great Movie Ride!! I kind of love the fact that it hasn't changed since the first time I went on it in 1992. :rotfl2: Your drawing of Stich is pretty awesome. I have never tried the Animation Academy. Hopefully doing it for the first time in January. Yay!!! You get to go back so soon. :banana: Look forward to next update. -Amanda :cutie:

Hi Susan :) Great update. I too am a fan of the Great Movie Ride!! I kind of love the fact that it hasn't changed since the first time I went on it in 1992. :rotfl2: Your drawing of Stich is pretty awesome. I have never tried the Animation Academy. Hopefully doing it for the first time in January. Yay!!! You get to go back so soon. :banana: Look forward to next update. -Amanda :cutie:

Hey Amanda !!!

I don't see how anyone could hate that ride, but I just read a TR where one guy said he despised it. Oh well, different strokes.

Thanks. I have always loved to draw and I draw every day for a living which to me is really cool. It is just computer drawing landscape design and irrigation plans, but still it is a fun job. You should definitely try the Animation Academy. I really enjoy it.

We are going in January, too. We moved our November trip to January when I thought I would still have a cast during Thanksgiving. But then, we found out the cast would come off earlier and DH wanted to go away for Thanksgiving, so I got to book another trip !!! I still might have to be scooter mom again for that trip, but we will see how much I have healed by then.

Here are our plans for November .....

11/22 - Arrive around noon, check into SSR. Thanksgiving dinner at Garden Grill at 3:15 PM. Maybe Osborn lights after that.

11/23 - Animal Kingdom in the AM - Grand Floridian Cafe dinner at 6:25 PM. Castle lights and evening at MK.

11/24 - EMH at HS that morning. Then LeCellier lunch at 2:05 PM. Maybe stay for Illuminations.

11/25 - Check out and spend the Day at MK.

I would sooooo love to meet you !! I hope your Mom is better by then !! Let me know when you could maybe work in a dismeet !! So excited !!

Wow, kinda similar with some of the plans.

We'll be at Epcot on 11/22, Magic Kingdom for the day on 11/23, and then DHS in the morning on 11/24. :) So we have plenty of things to pick from.

Wow, kinda similar with some of the plans.

We'll be at Epcot on 11/22, Magic Kingdom for the day on 11/23, and then DHS in the morning on 11/24. :) So we have plenty of things to pick from.

I am not 100% sure we will be at MK on 11/23. It just depends upon how tired everyone is after dinner.

So let's shoot for later in the day at Epcot on 11/22 or 11/24 Sat AM at HS. We can exchange phone numbers and text each other. :goodvibes

First... :worship: on the Nebo lurk! Big fan if you're still out there lurking Nebo!

Okay on to the rest. You know what big fans we are of the Animation Academy. I love it b/c I can't draw for squat. However, there my drawings are actually pretty good. It makes me feel all artsy. I do really well at those BYOB painting places too. For me I know it is the process. They break it down and you do everything in stages. What's funny is DD is a pretty good little artist however she doesn't do as well at the Animation Academy as she does on her own. For her drawing in that process is "harder." She is more of a look at it and copy what you see kind of person. So is my sister. I can't do that AT ALL! Anyway, your Stitch was awesome.

That smores cupcake looks devine. Was the frosting just a cream topping with marshmallow flavoring, or was it marshmallow fluff? I'm wondering if I can try and make those myself. Perhaps a project for next weekend.

Glad everyone got multiple rides in on their faves. Labor Day weekend was lovely, wait wise as well. Sure sounds like the week following was divine.

First... :worship: on the Nebo lurk! Big fan if you're still out there lurking Nebo!

Okay on to the rest. You know what big fans we are of the Animation Academy. I love it b/c I can't draw for squat. However, there my drawings are actually pretty good. It makes me feel all artsy. I do really well at those BYOB painting places too. For me I know it is the process. They break it down and you do everything in stages. What's funny is DD is a pretty good little artist however she doesn't do as well at the Animation Academy as she does on her own. For her drawing in that process is "harder." She is more of a look at it and copy what you see kind of person. So is my sister. I can't do that AT ALL! Anyway, your Stitch was awesome.

That smores cupcake looks devine. Was the frosting just a cream topping with marshmallow flavoring, or was it marshmallow fluff? I'm wondering if I can try and make those myself. Perhaps a project for next weekend.

Glad everyone got multiple rides in on their faves. Labor Day weekend was lovely, wait wise as well. Sure sounds like the week following was divine.

Maybe your DD is more creative. I was that way, too, but I had an art teacher that taught me that there needs structure in art sometimes. But .. everyone is different. The kids get really frustrated because they can't erase. I need to sneak in an eraser some times. I would love to do one of those BYOB drawing thingys. That would be fun !!

I didn't taste the cupcake. DD didn't seem to like it and DH said it was just OK. It does LOOK good though.

Crowd levels were the absolute best ever for us that week.

I always forget about the drawing class at DHS!!! I know not having an eraser would frustrate me too, but I guess it keeps the class moving along faster without them.

I always forget about the drawing class at DHS!!! I know not having an eraser would frustrate me too, but I guess it keeps the class moving along faster without them.

They don't slow down or stop for you to catch up and erase and redo. They keep right on going and you have to keep up. I imagine this frustrates people who feel like they want to go back and make their drawing better. It is pretty decently paced. You need to try it !! Soooo fun !!!

Day 8 –part 2

After the class, it was time for our Toy Story Mania fast passes.

DSC05119.jpg

We loaded at the handicap entrance to the ride and I am sick that I didn’t get a photo of the car that DD and I rode in. Not only did it have the pull string gun, but on top of that was a huge button you could push, too. So it is really pitiful to announce that DS and DH still beat the pants off of us and they just had the pull string mechanism. Oh well !!

After TSM, we cruised through One Man’s Dream to look around.

DSC05120.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

Then we headed towards Fairfax Fare to get something to eat for lunch.

DSC05123.jpg

DSC05124.jpg

DSC05125.jpg

They have a salad here that I really like and that is what I ordered.

Fairfax Salad - chopped romaine, chili, tomato, roasted corn, sweet peppers, Monterey Jack, and corn tortillas, served with a jalapeno ranch dressing $7.99

DSC05132.jpg

I usually ask for it without the dressing, but I forgot this time. I just like a hint of dressing on my salads because I really enjoy the taste of the vegetables and their crunchy texture. I think too much dressing can spoil a really good salad. I really enjoyed this one though and the jalapeno ranch added a nice kick. It is very similar to a taco salad and it even has these crunchy tortilla strips in it. As I got to the bottom, though, there was too much dressing on it for me. I would definitely order this again, but I would ask for the dressing on the side, so I can control how much I get.

DH got the chicken and ribs

Chicken and Spareribs - served with baked beans and coleslaw $15.19

DSC05133.jpg

He said these were just OK. He prefers a more savory taste to his barbeque and he said all of these items were more sweet.

DS surprised me by ordering

Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Truffle Oil - coleslaw $8.59

DSC05131.jpg

This kid made the biggest deal about how good this was. I have never seen him go so nuts over something before. So I think it is safe to say he loved it.

He got chips instead of cole slaw.

DSC05130.jpg

DD just got a plain hot dog and chips

DSC05129.jpg

For dessert, I got carrot cake

DSC05126.jpg

I really like the carrot cake they have.

DD and DH got chocolate cake

DSC05127.jpg

And DS got a cookie that he never ate.

DSC05128.jpg

We had about 3 snack credits left, so DS got a slushie and DD got some popcorn.

DSC05134.jpg

We went to the Villains shop and got some vinylmations

DSC05141.jpg

DSC05143.jpg

DD got a sticker she liked.

DSC05142.jpg

And I got some more confetti popcorn that I love so much.

DSC05135.jpg

And we used our last snack credit on this rice crispy treat.

DSC05136.jpg

And then we sadly made our way out of the park.

DSC05137.jpg

DSC05138.jpg

DSC05139.jpg

DSC05140.jpg

We hopped the bus back to Wilderness Lodge ……

And then we headed home.

So lucky you are getting to spend Thanksgiving with Mickey:yay: I get to spend it with the in laws ( I do love them ) Sounds like a good plan... Have you thought of a name for a second edition of adventures of scooter Mom ??

Archery looked like a good time...My DH would like that. I have always wanted to go Horseback riding at Disney. I love Fort Wilderness.. so quiet and relaxing.. kids just getting around on there bikes:)

So lucky you are getting to spend Thanksgiving with Mickey:yay: I get to spend it with the in laws ( I do love them ) Sounds like a good plan... Have you thought of a name for a second edition of adventures of scooter Mom ??

Archery looked like a good time...My DH would like that. I have always wanted to go Horseback riding at Disney. I love Fort Wilderness.. so quiet and relaxing.. kids just getting around on there bikes:)

My family are unfortunately not the best people to spend holidays with and DH knows that and he dreads it as much as I do. The psychological warfare is REALLY bad sometimes, so we just limit our exposure to it as best we can. I love my family, but they can provide a toxic environment sometimes that neither DH nor I prefer. So we try to get out of town on Thanksgiving.

I think my new TR should be ....... Scooter Mom Rides Again !!! What do you think ???

You should try the archery. Cher was the one that told me about it and gave me the direct phone number. It was a really good experience. DH and DD want to do the horseback riding, too. Fort Wilderness does look like a really neat place to stay.

SO jealous that you get to go back so soon!! That's so fun.

Your Stitch looks great!

TOY STORY MANIAAAAA :hyper: That car sounds AWESOME.

I don't know what it is about the meal plan... but there are ALWAYS leftover credits! It's hilarious.

Home already? Aww. :(

SO jealous that you get to go back so soon!! That's so fun.

Your Stitch looks great!

TOY STORY MANIAAAAA :hyper: That car sounds AWESOME.

I don't know what it is about the meal plan... but there are ALWAYS leftover credits! It's hilarious.

Home already? Aww. :(

I am so happy we rescheduled or Thanksgiving trip !! I am so excited to see the Christmas decorations and the Osborne lights again. Plus, my BFF (Pixie Princess) might be able to stay at the same resort as we area and that will be awesome. I was going to miss seeing her as well, so I am glad we will get to spend some time with her.

Toy Story was so fun. Having that big button to push didn't help us much, though .... :lmao::cool1::rotfl2::rotfl:

We always manage to use the credits up in the end. DH worries about them the whole trip. At first it was annoying and now, it is kinda funny.

Yep. We came home and I had that surgery and here I sit .... for 8 more days. I can't WAIT to get this cast off !!

Closing thoughts

This was a trip that I was really worried about taking because of my injury and my inability to walk. But I have to say, we really did enjoy it. The scooter was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be and a lot easier to deal with. DH never seemed to have any trouble taking it apart and putting it in the car and then reversing it. I didn’t hear a whole lot of cussing about it, so it must have been fairly easy to do.

There were some things I missed out on, but for the most part Walt Disney World is very handicap accessible and easy to get around in. I am sure it helped that we were there during a time where it wasn’t so crowded. I can imagine crowds could make the scooter thing very frustrating.

Because of my injury, we were forced to slow down a good bit and rest a lot more. Even though I had the scooter, the injury was still very painful and the vibration of the scooter and just having my foot NOT elevated all day caused a great deal of swelling and pain. And because of that, for once, this was a relatively relaxing Disney trip. DH remarked on it especially that he really enjoyed not feeling like we were having to make rope drop and we all got some rest for a change. I will say, that by day six, DD was showing signs of being pretty tired, so I was glad we didn’t stay out late that night and made her go to sleep early.

We had really remarkable weather for September. We stayed pretty much in the mid 80’s the whole week and had a few days with low humidity that really cooled things down. We have been there in September when it was in the 100’s all week with 100% humidity, so this was a very welcome change. We had some rain which helped cool things down, but we were able to dodge it successfully and even though I have several ponchos, we have still yet to open them. I hope our good weather karma continues for our next trip.

Wilderness Lodge was a wonderful place to stay and we really enjoyed our time there. The resort feels insulated from all of the other resorts and it is very quiet and peaceful. I will say that the handicap parking is not convenient at all, so I was very glad to have my scooter at the resort to get around, because the parking is not close to the Villas. I imagine there are other resorts that are more spread out, but we could have really used a closer parking lot. We made due, however and if DH would have just used Bell Services like I asked him to, there would have been a lot less moaning about how far it was. We were very comfortable at WL, though and I would love to go back. The kids really enjoyed it, too. It is hard for me to pick a favorite DVC resort, because I love them all, but I think that WL is more relaxing to me. The kids still say they like Boardwalk the best because of the “epic” slide there. We still haven’t stayed at Beach Club or Bay Lake Tower, but we have a ressie for BLT in April that we are VERY much looking forward to.

Thanks to everyone for reading along and especially those of you who took the time to say hello. And last but not least, thank you to all my DIS friends who kept me company on this TR and shared my recovery with me. I really do cherish your friendships. I also had a friend who I have known for 20 years who decided to visit the Disboards and stumbled upon my trip report and was so pleased to see us here. I can’t forget to mention my BFF Pixie Princess who is responsible for my now insatiable love for Walt Disney World. I am so happy that this is something we can share with each other along with the lasting friendship we have shared since we were twelve years old.

I hope everyone will follow along next time and I hope that all of your upcoming trips are wonderful and fun and filled with cherished memories.

I enjoyed this TR! It's nice to know that the scooter was manageable for the most part. :) Let me know whenever you start your next TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter