The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

Ugh! Sometimes, parents think only of their own precious dumpling. Sorry you had to go through that! Congratulations on the steps! That's terrific. I'm in a slump for steps these days. :o I hadn't viewed the video before. Love that she got it from Home Depot. LOL
You are my person I think of when I'm a few hundred steps short....I think if Deb can do it,,,, so can you !!.:)
Hopefully the slump is just a small bump in the road and you'll be back on track soon.
Hugs to you
Mel

I got back on the treadmill today after taking most of the summer off. I will try to get on it each day before we head off on holiday. When I'm back I will be accustomed to lots of activity again and should be able to keep it going.

Congratulations to everyone who is finding new ways to keep moving. The cooler weather should help (not cold, just cooler)

There's lots of choices for alternative meds Mel. I just found a pretty nifty table that shows all the choices
Alternatives to Zantac

Out of the ones listed we've used Nexium when it was RX (called the royal pill because it's purple and fairly $$) hubby liked it
Pepcid -- I used this to cut an attack short while I'm doubling up my Rx meds

There's lots of choices for alternative meds Mel. I just found a pretty nifty table that shows all the choices
Alternatives to Zantac

Out of the ones listed we've used Nexium when it was RX (called the royal pill because it's purple and fairly $$) hubby liked it
Pepcid -- I used this to cut an attack short while I'm doubling up my Rx meds

Thanks J
So I guess I may be shopping at Rexall tomorrow after all.
Thanks for the list
Hugs
Mel

A brief little check in to say that I'm trucking along on a couch to 5k program. So far I'm finding most of what's stopping me is mental...I'm convinced I can't do it, but every time I try to add time to my runs it goes totally fine. Slow and steady will hopefully get me to a Disney half!

My family joined a gym this month, and we're taking the kiddo for weekly swimming lessons which is tons of fun. But they also have a daycare and they'll watch your kid while you work out, which is really awesome. I gave that a shot this week and really enjoyed it. It was the first time someone other than family watched him, and it felt like a really big step for me!

I'm hopeful that I can keep going with training as things start getting cold. Right now I'm doing most of my running outside and the fall weather is perfect, but I'm sure that darn cold is going to change things soon...grr...

Hope everyone else is doing what they need to feel good in their bodies, or as good as possible!

Gee I had to do a search for this thread!! Need to bump it up after all the crap I ate and the butter tarts I'm still eating for breakfast every morning.....

Plus, I got a fit bit for Christmas. Kind of annoying as I try to relax and read the dis and plan other trips I probably will never take, or calculating the costs of dvc contracts I want to buy but still have to wait a bit for..... it keeps reminding me how many more steps I need to do this hour. It obviously doesn't recognize the fact that I worked my ars off getting reading for Christmas and hosting everyone multiple times and I need a break!!! LOL.

I've been nagging DH to get my treadmill set back up in the rec room so I can use it. (Poker table trumped my treadmill....I was going to the gym so didn't mind.) But I find this time of year hard to walk outside, plus with dh's shift work and cars going in all different directions, harder to get to the gym. I figure if I could at least use the treadmill at home here and there, and get to the gym 3 times a week for weights, etc, then I'm good.

How is everyone else doing with their fitness goals through the holiday season? If you didn't eat 3 butter tarts for breakfast this am, or 5 for yesterday's breakfast, then you're doing better than me!

I have to dig my treadmill out from under some Christmas decorations boxes but then I will be back at it. I have a trip planned with my DS22 so I will need to be on my game to keep up with him.

Right now I'm getting over preparing Christmas dinner and all that that entails. And I caught someones cold so there's that too but once I'm over that it will be full steam ahead.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread @momof2gr8kids or we can start a new one for the new decade. Start the new year off fresh. New hopes and goals.

Soon a new year! New decade :) I hope to start back on the exercise, and eating better. Money is going to be very tight for a few months as we are hoping to move and I need to save up. So I won't be able to eat as low carb as I'd like, but I hope I can manage to cut back at least.

For Christmas my parents hired someone to help me declutter and clean the house for two days. She comes tomorrow and Sunday. I hope to get a lot of stuff out of the house, the move will be a downsize and kiddo is old enough to get rid of a lot of his toys, so hopefully this will get things cleaned and organized. And perhaps make cooking easier since the kitchen will be better organized. At least that's the hope!

Thanks for reviving the thread :) I had thought about it earlier in the month but I wasn't really up to it before Christmas. Now, once all the chocolate is gone I'll be able to eat better ;)

Here comes January 2020 and I am not sure I am ready yet to start a new decade.
I hope to eat a chocolate bar,a bag of chips and have a nice big cup of coffee (with cream)!!!
I am actually not overly hungry,,but just jealous of all the Christmas treats everyone is eating in front of me.
I see the Surgeon the first week of Jan and it is goodbye gallbladder hello food.!

Decluttering my bedroom is a big goal because it seems every time I do this I am looking for something I threw out. A lot of things I store are for the special needs kids I work with and the school has got to start making storage space available to us.
Maybe making some *Must Do* list will help me organize.

I dropped my afternoon dance work-out and need to get back into that routine soon.
Baby steps,,,but I will get there again.

Good to be back!
Thanks for restarting the thread momof2gr8kids !!

Let's Dance

Hugs
Mel

Gee I had to do a search for this thread!! Need to bump it up after all the crap I ate and the butter tarts I'm still eating for breakfast every morning.....

Plus, I got a fit bit for Christmas. Kind of annoying as I try to relax and read the dis and plan other trips I probably will never take, or calculating the costs of dvc contracts I want to buy but still have to wait a bit for..... it keeps reminding me how many more steps I need to do this hour. It obviously doesn't recognize the fact that I worked my ars off getting reading for Christmas and hosting everyone multiple times and I need a break!!! LOL.

I've been nagging DH to get my treadmill set back up in the rec room so I can use it. (Poker table trumped my treadmill....I was going to the gym so didn't mind.) But I find this time of year hard to walk outside, plus with dh's shift work and cars going in all different directions, harder to get to the gym. I figure if I could at least use the treadmill at home here and there, and get to the gym 3 times a week for weights, etc, then I'm good.

How is everyone else doing with their fitness goals through the holiday season? If you didn't eat 3 butter tarts for breakfast this am, or 5 for yesterday's breakfast, then you're doing better than me!

I've been doing really good. I am down to my goal weight this year and using the treadmill morning and night almost daily. Really helps doing 2 sessions (broken up) during the day. I do about 6 miles in the morning and the same at night. Treadmills are boring (I prefer to run outside), but here in Ottawa in the winter I'm stuck on treadmill. I can't wait to move back to my hometown (Victoria) where I can run outside year round. That is my new plan - moving back out west hopefully in the fall.

I've been doing really good. I am down to my goal weight this year and using the treadmill morning and night almost daily. Really helps doing 2 sessions (broken up) during the day. I do about 6 miles in the morning and the same at night. Treadmills are boring (I prefer to run outside), but here in Ottawa in the winter I'm stuck on treadmill. I can't wait to move back to my hometown (Victoria) where I can run outside year round. That is my new plan - moving back out west hopefully in the fall.

This is the thread from last year. Please join us at DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goal for this years discussion. We've taken on purging unnecessary stuff in our homes as well as healthier eating and fitness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter