The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

I am curious to weigh in when I get home, my feet are swollen and sore but we have been walking a lot. Tonight is MNSSHP, we were at GE this morning and are already back at the hotel. Rest this afternoon.

I will need to get back on track with eating when we get home, we may go away this winter. I have a cruise booked but probably cancelling it for something cheaper. Probably not doing Disney next year. Probably

I am curious to weigh in when I get home, my feet are swollen and sore but we have been walking a lot. Tonight is MNSSHP, we were at GE this morning and are already back at the hotel. Rest this afternoon.

I will need to get back on track with eating when we get home, we may go away this winter. I have a cruise booked but probably cancelling it for something cheaper. Probably not doing Disney next year. Probably

it sounds like you’ve had a great trip! the low wait times on everything that isn’t star wars sound like a dream.

and i’ll just say...‘probably not’ is where all my trip planning starts!! :rotfl2:

Home! Exhausted, pets are super happy to see us. Kiddo only threw up three times on the way home, so that's good. Very nice Lyft driver from the airport, he used to work where I do but when he retired he started driving to keep busy.

Having the QSDP was good for the trip, but we had two credits left this morning so I got some chips for the flight home. Which we didn't eat. Any way, still worth it I think. Not sure when we'll go back, probably not until Tron is open. I am happy to be home, it feels like we weren't really even gone. Though my feet can tell :) Glad we made it before the hurricane arrived any way. Much cooler here, kind of nice really.

time for an update! we settled on a date for our next trip...february!

i know there will be some bigger crowds for part of the trip, but it’s the time of year that works best so we’re going to roll with it.

the thing is...the trip also overlaps with a race weekend. i’ve never been much of a runner...but the trip is 6 months away...i’m really considering giving it a shot!

>>>the thing is...the trip also overlaps with a race weekend. i’ve never been much of a runner...but the trip is 6 months away...i’m really considering giving it a shot!
GO for it! My 3 sisters and I did a half marathon at Disney in 2005. Believe me, none of us were runners, or in shape when we started. We worked at it and basically walked the 16 minute mile pace. Two of my sisters could do it faster than my last sister and myself. We didn't quite maintain the speed, but we stayed in front of the sweeper, finished the race and got our medals. What a trip! It was the only time that the four of us were ever at Disney together. Sooooo special!

GO for it! My 3 sisters and I did a half marathon at Disney in 2005. Believe me, none of us were runners, or in shape when we started. We worked at it and basically walked the 16 minute mile pace. Two of my sisters could do it faster than my last sister and myself. We didn't quite maintain the speed, but we stayed in front of the sweeper, finished the race and got our medals. What a trip! It was the only time that the four of us were ever at Disney together. Sooooo special!

what a nice memory! and your experience is a boost of confidence too...i would most certainly be walking at least some of the race. i would go solo, but i think it could still be a great experience.

Good for you to give it a try marchingstar. I've got to work at getting back into things now that the summer is over. I've got a trip to Texas coming up at the end of the month so I guess I'll have to get back on the treadmill tomorrow to make sure I've got myself in shape for marathon like touring.

Debbie I appaud you and your sisters for successfully finishing the race. I could never imagine myself doing such a thing. (too daunting)

Good for you to give it a try marchingstar. I've got to work at getting back into things now that the summer is over. I've got a trip to Texas coming up at the end of the month so I guess I'll have to get back on the treadmill tomorrow to make sure I've got myself in shape for marathon like touring.

Debbie I appaud you and your sisters for successfully finishing the race. I could never imagine myself doing such a thing. (too daunting)

So sad that summer is almost over. At least in my neck of the woods, it feels like it hardly happened at all. It's going to be a long winter...

Have a great time in Texas!

That is awesome!!! Good job! And so cool that you all did it together.

the thing is...the trip also overlaps with a race weekend. i’ve never been much of a runner...but the trip is 6 months away...i’m really considering giving it a shot!
What a great way to encourage yourself!!!!

GO for it! My 3 sisters and I did a half marathon at Disney in 2005.
That is so amazing!!! What great memories you must have of that trip!!!!

Well...now that school is back in session and summer is over ( although summer never arrived here in Northern Alberta ) I'm hoping to be able to get my butt moving again. Only one kiddo left going to school now. He will be taking the bus ( at least until he completes his driver training and gets his licence ) so I'm hoping that with him wanting and earlier shower time...I can fit in a workout , yoga session or walk while he is busy in the bathroom...then Momma gets her turn to shower. That is the plan...we will see how it works out in reality. Hopefully on days where i'm not working the second job, I can do this...as I find it too hard to try to work 13-14 hrs and still do all my mom, wife things that always seem to be needing to be done.

I'll follow Pumpkin with a little check-in at the start of the school year too! My kiddo is still too young, but my work schedule is busiest through the school year too.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of home cooked meals as much as possible. I've stocked the freezer with a bunch of premade meals to keep our tummies full, anyways, so on busy days the only challenge is the kiddo. This week I've made about 8L of pasta sauce, corn chowder, turkey chili, and breakfast burritos. I also bought large cuts of meat, broke them down, and added marinates/rubs before freezing so we can just thaw and cook. Phew!

On the fitness front...I started a running program! I've tried couch to 5K programs before and given up...I'm hoping that a disney race will be enough motivation to get me through and beyond. We'll see! I think my family is also going to join a gym this fall. They have swimming lessons for the kiddo plus childcare so he can play while we get in a workout. I'm really excited to make family time around fitness.

Hopefully on days where i'm not working the second job, I can do this...as I find it too hard to try to work 13-14 hrs and still do all my mom, wife things that always seem to be needing to be done.

Oof, definitely agree! You'll burn yourself completely out if you try adding extra activity on top of busy days...I think slow changes are going to be most achievable and sustainable!

My kiddo started grade 5 today. He has 3 teachers apparently, but I got no other information before he hid himself in his room with one of the cats and his tablet. Hopefully he'll be more forthcoming later! Not even very many notes or anything. I pray this year is better than last. He did say it was a terrible day because he had school, and he hates school... hopefully that will improve.

I didn't do anything all day! I watched the first 7 episodes of Dark Crystal on Netflix. Tomorrow I am off as well, and will try and be more active. Also get some groceries done and hopefully some healthy meal planning for the week ahead. Plus finish the show of course ;) My pets were all super happy to have me home though, 3 of 4 slept on the couch with me. I'm not looking forward to going back to work Thursday. My boss took a few extra weeks off so she's not back until next week, and it's such a relief. Which makes me think I should be looking for a new position, doesn't feel right to dread work quite this much. I guess I'll see what happens Thursday. The location and work itself, and the people I work with, are all great. It's just my manager.

I need to come up with a new plan for exercise and eating, since the weather has cooled off a bit and is nice for walking outside, and I'd like to lose some weight still. I just need a plan. Especially for eating, if I don't plan we tend to eat a lot of take out or delivery. Which also gets expensive. Right now, I need to make some dinner. Man I miss being at Disney where I just had to decide what I felt like having and order it... I need to take longer vacations :)

So I hope it's ok to share....tough week at work.
This week's down the rabbit hole..........parents of *normal* kids that now think it's ok to verbally abuse staff because they are jealous of the support special needs kids get.........I was Gobsmacked,,furious and then someone sent me this video clip.

I love it,,it brightened my day.............................

http://www.fox13news.com/trending/v...ith-lipstick-says-she-got-it-from-home-depot-
On another positive note I am 5 days for 5000 or more steps,,,yeah me.!!

Last edited:
Ugh! Sometimes, parents think only of their own precious dumpling. Sorry you had to go through that! Congratulations on the steps! That's terrific. I'm in a slump for steps these days. :o I hadn't viewed the video before. Love that she got it from Home Depot. LOL

So I have decided to take up a new activity and I have signed up for Instructional Badminton. 🏸 I hope that since it is during the day and it is for beginner beginners that I will get people like me and I will have fun. I have played when I was in high school but that was many years ago. Look out for the birdies. :dogdance::joker: We will see but at least I can wear my fitbit for this exercise session as opposed to the aqua fit classes I want to sign up where I can't where it because it isn't waterproof.

So sad that summer is almost over. At least in my neck of the woods, it feels like it hardly happened at all. It's going to be a long winter...

Have a great time in Texas!

Yep....I am going to get a jump start next weekend on the garden...every year I leave it so late that I am working in the cold and wet yucky conditions. Then I get a wicked fall cold so I have a game plan this year,,,,hopefully I stick to it.
Enjoy each day as much as you can. Hope your training for the upcoming marathon is going well.
Hugs to you
Mel

So I have decided to take up a new activity and I have signed up for Instructional Badminton. 🏸 I hope that since it is during the day and it is for beginner beginners that I will get people like me and I will have fun. I have played when I was in high school but that was many years ago. Look out for the birdies. :dogdance::joker: We will see but at least I can wear my fitbit for this exercise session as opposed to the aqua fit classes I want to sign up where I can't where it because it isn't waterproof.

Way to go!!!!
Have fun
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter