The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

I am sooo stiff and sore today and parts of my body i didn't know existed are achy, like why on earth does my ankle bone hurt today, seriously?!?!

Anyone remember the issues i had with my oven threatening to blow up and the eventual replacement of the element? Once that was done i baked a batch of cookies for the hubby while the bread was going thru it final rise in the pan. The bottoms burnt but the tops were still gooey & raw .. GREAT no way i could stop the dough from rising and i had to bake it, it didn't burn but it also didn't rise high enough before i was done and ended up super dense. Fast forward to today and before we went to Metro we stopped in CDN Tire to pick up a thermometer. Anyone see a problem with the following pictures :headache:Temp set
52783807_1212117618938311_3621903009698545664_n.jpg

oven preheated to the first shot, then 10 minutes later the second shot and 8 minutes after that one
52389968_474967356371528_1805239913457647616_n.jpg
52378348_829584654059269_3889406255931850752_n.jpg
52136239_1372514226223807_7259634846488592384_n.jpg

And OF COURSE, it's time to bake cheese bread for the week urrggghhh

I am sooo stiff and sore today and parts of my body i didn't know existed are achy, like why on earth does my ankle bone hurt today, seriously?!?!

Anyone remember the issues i had with my oven threatening to blow up and the eventual replacement of the element? Once that was done i baked a batch of cookies for the hubby while the bread was going thru it final rise in the pan. The bottoms burnt but the tops were still gooey & raw .. GREAT no way i could stop the dough from rising and i had to bake it, it didn't burn but it also didn't rise high enough before i was done and ended up super dense. Fast forward to today and before we went to Metro we stopped in CDN Tire to pick up a thermometer. Anyone see a problem with the following pictures :headache:Temp set

oven preheated to the first shot, then 10 minutes later the second shot and 8 minutes after that one

YIKES! No wonder you are getting uneven cooking! Good luck with getting it rectified. Maybe bake the cheese bread in a crock pot? https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-bread-in-the-slow-cooker-192421
After having some minor dental surgery on Thursday, I have been taking it relatively easy, if running after a 2 year old is easy. LOL She's headed back to her mother and hubby and I managed a core Grow Young Fitness workout. That is something that I have noticed in the past month...I can actually feel my core muscles. First time in years!

Gosh Donald , we are about to move .. I wish I lived closer and I would give you the oven I have here ! I have appliances at the new house and it’s just one more thing I have to figure out ! I know you do a ton of baking and it’s frustrating to think you figured things out only to find it isn’t fixed.

As for me, I haven’t been very active in here but I have been active ! We’ve spent the entire weekend packing. Moving is so much work and I told Dh he will have to drag my corpse out of the next house because I will never do this again . Disassembling 11 years of life for my family of four and a home business .. to move into HALF the space I’ve been living in :scared:. It forcing me to come up with organizational strategies we didn’t have , and get rid of sooooo much stuff. I didn’t even realize how much stuff we had accumulated. It’s not all bad, I love the new house and location and we will be all moved in and settled eventually . I’m just very very stressed right now in the midst of it .

My food choices and prep have been excellent though. In all this chaos, that is something I feel I can control. I’m down 13 pounds since the start of the year :dogdance:
I can’t wait to start fitting into some of the smaller sizes I’ve packed away in my closet for a few years !

Weekly update:
I did well all week until the weekend which turned into a Netflix Binge and food binge....I got back on track today and have met my goal.
Going to try and stay on focus this week.

Well done and congrats to you Debbie.
Pigletto congrats on the weight loss and hope the packing and move go well.
Jacqueline I hope you are able to get the oven fixed soon.

Hugs
Mel

Weekly update:
I did well all week until the weekend which turned into a Netflix Binge and food binge....I got back on track today and have met my goal.
Going to try and stay on focus this week.

Well done and congrats to you Debbie.
Pigletto congrats on the weight loss and hope the packing and move go well.
Jacqueline I hope you are able to get the oven fixed soon.

Hugs
Mel
Mel, I think getting back on track is the single most important skill you can have for this journey. I can’t count how many times I had a bad few days and gave up all together. Be proud.. it’s not easy to recommit, yet we must recommit over and over to make healthy changes stick. Good Job !

Lazy family day for me. No desire to move. We both slept in, which means bed time will be a nightmare for kiddo. And I had a nap this afternoon, just to try and kill this rotten cold before I go back to work tomorrow. My head feels stuffed with cotton. I knew I had bought some sinus cold medicine but couldn't find it in the cupboard, moved my little grill and I guess they had fallen out behind it! So grilling was a good thing for me this weekend I guess :) Eating wasn't too bad simply because I wasn't very hungry most of the weekend. I did take kiddo and his friend sledding yesterday, which was a bit cold, but got me some steps. In some deep snow! I did not go down the hill though.

@Donald - my hero I hope you sort out the oven :( that sounds miserable. I am not good at baking so if it wasn't the temperature it says it's supposed to be I would have no idea what to do!

@pigletto moving... ugh! It's so much work. I swore I would only move one more time after we got here, since we are renting it would be when I buy. But given the way things are going in the market, buying is out of the question. So we'll see! I would love to down size though, we have too much stuff, and really too much house for two people. I thought I'd have another kid (or two) when we moved in here and it didn't happen. Now we just have all this space that isn't used. Or really functional. And we rent so it isn't like I'm going to take down walls :) Good luck with your move! I bet you will be so happy once you get settled. Unpacking I don't mind too much, it's the packing I hate.

@bababear_50 way to go getting back on track! I will be trying to do that once I'm over this cold. I keep hoping spring is going to just suddenly arrive and make it nice to get outside. I want to be ready. Hopefully I will get back to it this week!

Check in Week 5–I’m a day late, it’s just been a busy weekend! totals are as of sunday night.

Activity: I did better than last week, and that’s something! I took Donald’s advice and found ways to increase intensity/resistance. I have a carrier to wear my kiddo and used it lots this week.
Distance: 47.6 km
Steps: 53 640
Calories burned: 3876

Nutrition: I did a big grocery shop and stocked up on good food options, especially snacks. It really helps me to have easy snack options.
Food highlights: snacks including these awesome granola bars (honestly more of a meal than a snack, but they taste amazing), cheese strings, nice ripe pears.

Goals for next week:
Activity: this week has already started, and we spent today having fun at the science centre. i have a lighter work week this week, so i hope to get us out of the house every day (even if it means multiple mall walks!)
Nutrition: incorporate something fresh in every meal.

Last edited:

whoa, this is awful! it’s a good thing you redeemed your miles for travel already—no way to convince yourself to check in and see what a personal shopper could figure out...

I too fell off my walking routine a bit over the weekend. Started looking into planning my next trip (not Disney or Universal) didn't get up from the computer for hours.

Took the dog for her morning walk. It's back into the -20C range around here. Today is garbage day in our neighbourhood and this is the day that the city has decided to widen our street. I mean really :confused3. What should be two driving lanes is down to a one way at a time street.

Off to go and walk inside for a bit

I am inspired to keep going as I read everyones success stories here. I know there will be back steps. But like pigletto says just pick yourself up and get back on track tomorrow.

I ended up getting sick and taking a few days off from workouts. As much as it killed me to not work out, the forced downtime was amazing! I just did the basics for housework and kid stuff and spent most of the long weekend in bed watching Dirty John and Outlander. :) I ate pretty healthy.

Got my first workout in yesterday by spending a lot of time chipping away all of the built up snow and ice in my driveway. Felt good to put my muscles to work again. I got 3/4 of my driveway (4 car) done and then my husband who spent the day at a hockey tournament (a bit of hockey, a lot of drinking) came home and said he was surprised I didn't get more done. Really??? I wasn't too happy with that comment. Tried explaining to him that he was probably picturing big chunks of ice that would break away easy but it was hard to break apart everything and I spent forever chipping away..... He did say sorry after for saying that, at least. He can do the rest.

Booked a massage for after work to deal with some quad tendinitis pain from my workouts. Then gym after that. Back to my lifting classes on Thursday night.

Last edited:
Quick check in. Stepped on the scale again this morning. It had went up...but then we went to go visit the daughter ( 8 hrs from us ) and of course, most of what we ate was not what we have been eating the past 6 weeks lol I expected a gain...and I also know that it will come off again in a few days once we are eating better again.
I am down 18 lbs since we have been trying to loose weight.
We also went dress shopping over the weekend for a mother of the bride dress :eek: ( I'm not old enough to be mother of the bride :blush: lol ) and the dress sizes run small. So it was a little disheartening when I looked at the size I was trying on. but I know that I am now wearing pants that I haven't worn in probably 3-4 years. I did find a couple of dresses that didn't make me feel as round ( like Mrs Claus I still have a little time before I'm down to the wire for ordering a dress or I will be trying to order one online. So I'm trying to use our shopping experience as motivation to get my butt moving more.

And hopefully this break in the weather ( I was soooooooooooo tired of the -40 temps ) with it being more normal temps, will hopefully help with my motivation as well. When it's -40 or colder with the windchill, my desire to do anything other than escape the bitter cold does NOT help with me wanting to do anything more than run into warm buildings and cover myself with blankets.

Hello All..
Just checking in it’s been awhile. I keep picking up extra shifts for work and the big kid’s hockey schedule is killing him and I.. ( not to mention my stress level) and the stupid amount of snow days ..ugg
I’ve been hitting my step goal most days but not on treadmill so I feel lazy :(
This is Day 3 no carbs or sugar ( that said I haven’t been obsessed with what’s in my sauces etc) but not one pics of bread, not one chip or cookie .. I’m trying to increase water and decrease Diet Coke (my only vice I can’t cut out) I’m feeling a little tired but am proud of three days so far.
Glad to see everyone is plugging away still. It really is a journey and I’m proud of all of you and thankful for all your ears xo
Will try to be better posting being accountable to someone def helps

This isn't at all about getting fit/moving, but in the interest of celebrating mental health...I've had a work email hanging over me for a little while and I finally responded to it!

It sounds silly, I know. But responding was not the difficult part. To respond, I had to admit that I've spent more time on other work and on my family, and it felt daunting enough that I just avoided the email for too long. But today I watched my baby figure out how to crawl (he's been working on it forever) and grow a tooth all in one day, and I decided that if he could learn something completely new, I could be brave and send an email. It feels like such a weight off my shoulders!

This isn't at all about getting fit/moving, but in the interest of celebrating mental health...I've had a work email hanging over me for a little while and I finally responded to it!

It sounds silly, I know. But responding was not the difficult part. To respond, I had to admit that I've spent more time on other work and on my family, and it felt daunting enough that I just avoided the email for too long. But today I watched my baby figure out how to crawl (he's been working on it forever) and grow a tooth all in one day, and I decided that if he could learn something completely new, I could be brave and send an email. It feels like such a weight off my shoulders!

Way to Go Hon!
,and congrats on the little one milestones,,it's a wonderful age!

Hugs
Mel

I have done well all week meeting my step goals but last night I woke up (4 am) to swelling,pain and muscle spasms in my right knee ,leg and thigh.
I kind of woke up the whole house,,,,I iced it --took Advil and elevated it. It's been tender all day but I have tried my best to stretch it out ,
and keep moving. So the rest of the weekend I will be taking it slow.
I am hoping the weather is ok for a few hours early tomorrow morning so I can get to Home Depot and pick up a few things.
We are charging all our electronic devices and hoping we do not experience any power outages or wind damages .
Stay warm and safe everyone.
Hugs
Mel

Way to Go Hon!
,and congrats on the little one milestones,,it's a wonderful age!

Hugs
Mel

thanks, mel :flower1: you’re right—it’s tons of fun! we thought he was going to skip right over crawling, because he’s already walking with help. but he’s just full of surprises!

and it sounds like you deserve the rest. stay safe and warm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter