The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

I was going to go out for a walk (after my dog walk that is) it was a lovely sunny morning and not too bad a temp. Went to get ready left my bedroom to go brush my teeth and I heard a pinging sound on window. Looked out and it was a blizzard outside. It was sunny when I was in the bedroom and my house isn't that big. I don't know where this snow came from.

Decided I would do stairs instead of walking. That gets the heart racing fairly quickly. Alternative exercise you might not have thought of.

I was at work when that blizzard blew through... it was so strange! And COLD but sunny by the time I left work. My dog is now playing fetch with himself (my arm got tired and he has a new ball he really likes). And I am debating doing another workout. I feel like this morning's wasn't enough cardio. Kiddo is playing Battlefront with a friend online so he is entertained. Maybe I'd really just like a nap...

I was at work when that blizzard blew through... it was so strange! And COLD but sunny by the time I left work. My dog is now playing fetch with himself (my arm got tired and he has a new ball he really likes). And I am debating doing another workout. I feel like this morning's wasn't enough cardio. Kiddo is playing Battlefront with a friend online so he is entertained. Maybe I'd really just like a nap...

Me too I just made it to the parking lot and like the sky just opened up.....phew so glad I didn't have to drive in it,,,I hate driving in the snow.
I did lay down for a nap this afternoon and woke up with a wicked headache--wish I'd stayed awake.
Stay warm and cozy Hon.
Hugs
Mel

the weather here isn’t as bad as some of you are getting, but it’s chilly enough that i don’t want to take the kiddo for a long walk so we hit the mall.

famous last words: i’ll only browse :rotfl:

eddie bauer had flannel lined jeans on for 60% off! so naturally, i added to my collection.

edited to say my tracker says i’ve walked over 30 km this week! not too shabby for me.

Good morning!! Cold here today. I slept in and didn't have time to work out. I guess this was my day for that. I had planned on Friday but I'll try to make it up then, and perhaps fit in a walk after dinner. WW is going ok. I didn't plan for this type of eating so am adjusting my future grocery shopping to be more zero point foods.

Nice to see so many working on this, and getting out in the cold! Much braver than I am :) Perhaps if I get some of those grippy things for walking on ice, and some warm pants (I do have snow pants for sledding and shovelling but they seem a bit much for walking). Can't really get excited about it though :)

I gotta say it was freeze your nose hairs cold this morning. I was out late last night so I walked the dog a little later than usual. I am well outfitted for the extreme cold. Only my nose was cold when I got home. Mind you that was the only part of my body that was exposed. I'm so glad that everyone is popping in and keeping us up to date with your individual progress.

As pigletto says walking not necessary, shoveling snow is a great workout too.

I gotta say it was freeze your nose hairs cold this morning. I was out late last night so I walked the dog a little later than usual. I am well outfitted for the extreme cold. Only my nose was cold when I got home. Mind you that was the only part of my body that was exposed. I'm so glad that everyone is popping in and keeping us up to date with your individual progress.

As pigletto says walking not necessary, shoveling snow is a great workout too.

Oh yeah. That'll happen this weekend for sure! Though they have changed the foot of snow to only 5 cm... so I'm happy about that!!

Had no choice but to bundle up and head out today, decided to make today my Toronto day. I've been known to bring the receptionist treats if I ask to change my appointment so it's never a problem, easy peasy for me since I make a double batch of cookies and stick the balls of dough in the freezer. When I need some I toss them on a cookie sheet and once the oven is warm, in they go .. 15 minutes from freezer to counter!

Sooo, long johns, heavy socks, waffle weave long sleeve shirt, fleece hoodie, jeans, regular outerwear, headphones firmly pulled down and off I went in the dark. Photo proof provided! The little red patch you can see peeking out is reflective tape to give a bit of a warning to the tired drivers!!!
Screenshot_20190117-104512_Gallery.jpg

We have been pretty much on point food wise - the meal planning helps greatly with that. I worked the second job last night and got called in on Monday night as well for there. The second job is at Pier 1...which is fun...but lots of work, moving and lifting furniture and setting up new displays...as we are transitioning from winter/xmas to spring. Lots of walking last night with markdowns ( if your looking for something new...lots of things have been marked down ;) :rolleyes1 ) and honestly..it's a pretty fun place for a second job. My step count is usually over 10,000 for short shifts.

Hoping to maybe get a work out in tomorrow and over the weekend while I go into hibernation mode with the cold weather setting in and a rare weekend off. I'm off to paint night tonight ( and we are meeting for supper before our paint night ) with my sister in law for our birthday presents to each other. Some workouts, some quilting, some cleaning. Get my butt moving as much as I can over the weekend.

Sooo, long johns, heavy socks, waffle weave long sleeve shirt, fleece hoodie, jeans, regular outerwear, headphones firmly pulled down and off I went in the dark. Photo proof provided! The little red patch you can see peeking out is reflective tape to give a bit of a warning to the tired drivers!!!
View attachment 375982

That's not far off how I looked this morning. Only difference is my coat is red.

Welcome to the group TammyLynn33. Getting through your day sounds like a workout in and of itself. Everyone who wants to move more is welcome here. Feel free to share/vent whatever is needed to keep you moving.

Hey guys
I know I’m asking to join late but I’d love to join.. Single mama to 4 kids working 2 jobs Disney in 91 days ( fast pass day one month today) I just gave limited time but need to get my butt moving before spring and our trip

You're not late! We're just talkative...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. 91 days is sooo close! I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip

I tried out Keep Trainer on the AppleTV today - they have quite a few free workouts. I liked it! I think most of them are short (15-20min) workouts, which is all I’m willing to commit to time wise right now, so it’s perfect.

Hello all! I have bursitis in my right hip. Ugh. I want to get out walking more, but it’s getting painful. I feel like my thigh is attached to my hip with a spike, ugh.
I’m also motivated to get moving because my daughter and I are going to Universal late April/May. My November DL trip I averaged 12-15Km daily.
My question is: has anyone had the anti inflammatory (cortisone I think?) injections in the hip joint? And has it worked? It would be nice if I could enjoy walking again without pain, and loose some weight in the process!

Not hip related @Sue M but when are you going to Universal (Orlando?). DS and I will be there for a quick trip April 29-May 4. Little graduation gift for him and sanity escape for me.

Hello all! I have bursitis in my right hip. Ugh. I want to get out walking more, but it’s getting painful. I feel like my thigh is attached to my hip with a spike, ugh.
I’m also motivated to get moving because my daughter and I are going to Universal late April/May. My November DL trip I averaged 12-15Km daily.
My question is: has anyone had the anti inflammatory (cortisone I think?) injections in the hip joint? And has it worked? It would be nice if I could enjoy walking again without pain, and loose some weight in the process!

I have not had cortisone in my hip, but have had it in my arm for some tendon problems. My only advice is to do your research on cortisone injections and decide whether it's right for you. I did my research after I had my shot, unfortunately. If I had done my research before, I would not have done it.

I'm not a doctor and don't want to get into a debate, so I won't lay out my reasons. My point is to just make sure you research it thoroughly before you decide to do it or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter