The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
Don’t worry this not a report on a 1960’s Charles Bronson World War II flick or a list of fruits and vegetables that contain the most pesticides (which when I googled said WWII flick I found out is apparently a thing). Nope this is my 12th dining report and what better way to celebrate than a dozen days of drinking and dining in Disney.

Most families go to Disney World for the parks and the rides but if you’ve read any of my previous dining reports you know that for our family food is the real magic.
Well maybe we have a wee bit o fun in the parks too, but what we are gonna eat and drink is the cornerstone of our Disney days. So rather than tell you what our favorite rides are or which character we love best, I thought we’d kick off this dirty dozen report with our favorite Disney eats.

So hi I’m Kari. I like pina colada’s, getting caught in the rain, Nomad’s Lounge, and all the Disney drinks.
My favorite restaurant is Jiko (though if it doesn’t open back up soon Topolino’s is ready to unseat it). My favorite Disney bar is Nomad Lounge and my fav drink is anything on their menu (with the Annapurna Zing usually out tipping the rest of the competition). I’ve never met a snack I didn’t like, but I’m salty gal so a Mickey Pretzel is probably my favorite. And did I mention Nomad Lounge?

That handsome man twinning with me is my hubby Jason. He’s not into yoga and thankfully has more than half a brain.
Jason’s list of favorites is gonna read a lot like mine with Jiko and Nomad’s topping his list. As far as snacks go this man o’mine loves himself a dole whip but that only barely eclipses his love for anything laden with sugar (or beer).

Last but certainly not least is our fun loving 10 year old, Casey, who is most definitely not into health food or the dunes on the cape. Casey may come in a kid size package, but her palate is better than most adults. She has made it very clear she does not like “kids food” so don’t even think about asking her if she wants a kids menu.

After not one, but two stellar meals this trip Casey’s favorite restaurant is Topolino’s. As far as bars go she's not a huge fan but begrudgingly says Oga’s Cantina and their bubbling concoction known as the Carbon Freeze are her fas. And being her father’s daughter she’s a dole whip fiend.

So now that you know who we are a few other details. We were in Disney World from 20 June – 1 July staying at The Swan for the first time. Yep a dozen glorious days! We ended the trip with 5 more days visiting our best friends in Savannah which meant - thanks to an unexpected new federal holiday - I was away from work for an even more glorious 18 days. After being essential for most of the pandemic I most definitely needed the break and break we did.
592077 592076

As far as dining we don’t usually make ADRs and prefer to let our rumbling bellies dictate where we eat, but with limited restaurants and capacity we bit the ADR bullet. Not only was I up at 7 am 60 days in advance, I am even more ashamed to admit that I went into the trip with over 30 reservations! I'll blame it on wanting options but in reality after almost 2 years away I might have been just a tinge obsessed. Good (or bad) news is I’d say only a third of those reservations actually stuck.

So there you have it. Much to the chagrin of my waistline and liver a dozen days of Disney Drinking and Dining are on the horizon. So pour yourself a drink and get ready for the Dirty Dozen. Cheers!
IMG_2769.jpeg

Last edited:
Whooo Hoooo! I love your reports! Staying at Swan in Feb for first time. Can't wait to hear how you liked it!

I’ve been waiting for this! Can’t wait to hear about all the Disney deliciousness!

I've been waiting for this too! Excited that you have begun it and can't wait to hear all about your eating and drinking in the world!

And did I mention Nomad Lounge?

Omg, those shirts! :love:

but her palate is better than most adults.

Ah!!! So happy for another one of your awesome reports! I need this.....just 4 days before I make my ADRs for my fall trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter