The Diamond Horseshoe

stepdisney

Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I just got off of the phone with a CM who was able to book the Diamond Horseshoe, a new MK TS restaurant that will be open during free dining. The menu is almost identical to Liberty tree tavern and it is served family style. The location is Fronteerland and the CM said that it is in a restaurant that already exists but will be open for TS, maybe just for the free dining promotion. The menu, again, is family style and consists of roasted turkey, stuffing, mac & cheese, roast pork tenderloin, either pot roast or carved roast beef, cobbler with ice cream and salad. She said I was the first person she booked for the restaurant. This restaurant is due to open on August 27th. :thumbsup2

Have a great time. I liked it there. I was sad when they closed it. It was fun when they had the food & show. Back in the day!

Wow, so they're opening the old Diamond Horseshoe without the Revue, eh? That used to be where they ran an old-west-style show. You could also grab a bite to eat while you watched it. While they still have the show in Disneyland, they haven't at MK for quite a while now.

I do wish they'd bring back the show, but I suppose with Hoop De Doo Review, it's sort of redundant.

Thanks for sharing the info!

DHS has been open as an overflow restaurant since June. It serves almost the same menu as Lib Tree and it is a family style all you can eat offering. It's closing sometime in August since it's only open during peak attendence.

I just called. They are only opend the last week in August right now. I wanted lunch on the 28th but it looks like they only are doing 2 shows a day...at 5:00pm and I believe 7:00pm. I already have ADR's set for dinner.

Gosh I remember back in the 80's my mother (and usually her cousin if they went with us) used to go to City Hall at MK opening while the rest of us did the Space Mountain mini-marathon.

She would make reservations for us to watch the show. We rarely ate there because they said the food was too expensive for a PB&J, but whatever!

But we loved the show.

Then they changed it where you could walk in/out during the show & it just wasn't the same.

Wow! I didn't even know it used to be a show. I'll call back and ask about woody and the gang and if there will be a show. We are booked for 7:30 and I will change it to 6:45 if necessary. CM told me it was due to open on August 27th. They don't normally take reservations but will for the free dining. I've never even seen the place. I hope there is a show, thats a double benefit :thumbsup2

Gosh I remember back in the 80's my mother (and usually her cousin if they went with us) used to go to City Hall at MK opening while the rest of us did the Space Mountain mini-marathon.
QUOTE]

Oh my gosh this is exactly what my family use to do except it was my dad going to make the reservation that morning for lunch. How funny. I loved that place when I was kid.

It's funny they have this restaurant open yet they don't seem to have it listed anywhere! Nor can I find it in a Disney Menu search. Weird!

The CM told me they just got the go-ahead to book ADR's perhaps she means they got it today. I would either call or wait a couple of days. I'm sure the new menu will appear on allears soon. She told me it won't open until August 27. She also said it opens Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas when there is a large crowd and they need additional TS options for guests.

Oh I loved the show!!! We have almost the whole thing on video tape. I can't remember the food at all, but we had to share a table with another family. It's only open the last week of August or opens the last week of August thru Free Dining?

Diamond Horseshoe generally isn't a restaurant, but it's one of the places where they like to throw in a buffet meal to accommodate the influx of free diners (and those looking for reservations at table service for peak times like Christmas/New Years)

You won't find it on any of the restaurant lists, and I doubt there will be a show involved, as it's just an overflow location for the free diners.

Oh I loved the show!!! We have almost the whole thing on video tape. I can't remember the food at all, but we had to share a table with another family. It's only open the last week of August or opens the last week of August thru Free Dining?

It will be open for the entire free dining. I don't think there is a show but who knows.

DHS has been open as an overflow restaurant since June. It serves almost the same menu as Lib Tree and it is a family style all you can eat offering. It's closing sometime in August since it's only open during peak attendence.

This is completely contradictory to what the OP has said. They must still be open in August if she booked the 27th.

I thought that they had opened it as a quick service venue. :confused3

I just called. They are only opend the last week in August right now. I wanted lunch on the 28th but it looks like they only are doing 2 shows a day...at 5:00pm and I believe 7:00pm. I already have ADR's set for dinner.

Did they tell you that there was entertainment? What shows are you talking about?

I'm guessing they use it as a quick service during the peak summer and then convert to a table service for free dining - because free diners have more trouble finding table service than quick service.

Actually, all diners will have trouble booking TS because the dining promotion increases the amount of people in the parks making reservations. We are free diners and my SIL and her family are paying for their dining (using pin code). They are going through the same thing for reservations. ::yes:: The counter service is open during the summer but it will close right before the free dining promotion is set to begin and reopen as a table service restaurant where you will need to make reservations. I have a confirmation number. I did call back and ask about show times and was told that so far there are no shows scheduled. I'm not sure if this means that they are considering it. I'm glad that Disney has opened up this venue. It seems to be a piece of Disney History I knew nothing about. (My first trip to Disney was 2000).

Actually, all diners will have trouble booking TS because the dining promotion increases the amount of people in the parks making reservations.

We went last year during the first week of free dining and had absolutely no problems getting ADRs. You obviously have to plan ahead but we got everything we asked for on the first try (180 dayss out) and even changed some before we went.

That was in response to the poster who said "free diners have more trouble finding table services than quick services." I was stressing that it is not just the free diners. :sad2: We went last year and in 2005 using the dining plan so we knew to book early. :yay: However,my sister in law who is new to all of this needs help booking. They decided just recently:scared1: to come along and I'm helping her with her ADRs. Thanks though for the confidence about being able to make changes. :flower3: I hope we can get some things changed for her while we are there. They really want to dine with us once or twice but my ADR's were made at 180 mark. Right now though, it is "book where you can" so Diamond Horseshoe it is. We are happy she can get a place to eat inside of magic kingdom. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter