The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey

Me and about 625 million or so other people who will be at all the parks it will seem this coming week. By the way, I never exaggerate :rotfl:

I should hope not! If there's one thing I can't abide......it's people who stretch the truth.

Awesome, wonderful, fantastic trip report!!! Another lurker here eagerly looking forward to more from the Panic Attack Family someday, hopefully another trip is planned soon! Thanks for the laughs!!

Thanks so much. You are in luck.....we are going back in December.

It must be a conspiracy - or an underground kidnapping ring. We just returned from an 8 day trip and I only saw one Pal Mickey the whole time we were there. I was on the look-out for them because when we were in Nashville the first night on the road I realized that our Pal Mickey was still at home sleeping on the couch with his little suitcase packed and in the confusion of leaving nobody remembered to wake him up. I kept thinking he would use his influence and fly down to meet up with us, and when I saw the one lonely little Pal Mickey going through Epcot in his Pirate costume (just like he was sleeping in) I thought it was him. When I caught up to him I was terribly embarrassed to find out I was mistaken. Boy did we get an earful when we got home! Secretly I'm glad he stayed behind, I think he would have been terribly disappointed to see that none of his other Pal Mickey brethren are returning to the motherland. Then again, maybe they are returning but are being spirited away by gangs of marauding lizards :confused3

I bet you did get an earful.....it must have been awful to be left home alone. Maybe your Pal Mickey can ask Macaulay Culkin for some advice on the best way to recover.

Let's start a conspiracy theory then...the Pal Mickeys are all escaping their owners to move to a solar-powered (no cold-handed, generic-battery replacements) desert (no water hazards) gated (no lizards) community...

It's sounds like a wonderful place......someday we should all retire there.

Bravo Bravo! Pal Mickey is back! I'm sitting here at work t-1 hour and 32 minutes before I leave for our trip and you finished! Well done sir, well done! Nothing like some very good news right before we leave on vacation.

Just a thought for your next trip, a collar and leash for Pal Mickey so he doesn't run away or get lost again? Or maybe one of those backpack things thats disguised as a cute puppy, but lets you jerk the little ones back in case they wander too far?

I did it tlenzendorf. I just couldn't let you go on your vacation without knowing the rest of the story.

Obviously, we have to do something different on our next trip. Sometimes in life...you do get second chances.....but third chances? I don't thinks so.

Yippee! Mickey's back!

I guess what happened to him will have to remain a mystery for all of time. We can only speculate what might have happened to him. (My guess is some sort of amnesia similar to Kermit in The Muppets take Manhattan. Maybe someday it will all come flooding back to him and we will get to hear his heroic tale.)

I'm so glad Pal Mickey found his way back home! Yea! :goodvibes

I'm also excited that you have another trip to plan...looking forward to another wonderful TR from you.

We have a quick weekend trip coming up in October -- booked as a spur of the moment kind of thing (yeah, two months ahead of time is about as spur of the moment as I get!) and we'll only be there two months...not much to plan for an OCD planner like me...but hey, at least it's WDW!

Thanks. I appreciate it. For the next 47 minutes I have left hear at work I will wonder what exactly he did and where he was. Little rascal! It makes me sad that I was too much of a cheapskate to buy a Pal Mickey from the Pal Mickey black market they call Ebay. Oh well. As I sit hear aimlessly watching the clock I'm thinking of making a Flat Mickey to enjoy our time with. The nice thing about him is that he can't talk back.

Such a Disney ending to the Pal Mickey story...I laughed, I cried, I cursed the unfairness of it all....yet in the end everything turns out okay (as it should) and you all live happily ever after (unless Tinkershell does not see Wishes this time)....We will be in Disney in December this year right after you...I look forward to all of the stories and gossip around the Magic Kingdom when I get there about "the family that was here last week clutching their Pal Mickey"!!

Epilogue:

I spent the next couple of weeks searching for a Pal Mickey....but my heart wasn't really in it. To be honest…..I wasn’t sure if I even wanted to buy one….because it just didn’t feel right…..kind of like an act of betrayal. Luckily….the price for Pal Mickeys had gone through the roof.....so, for the most part....the decision was made for me. To be honest…it was the first time I had ever seen a body organ listed under "minimum bid".

I’m not sure why I decided to check that one last time.....but I suspect it was divine intervention. Anyway, I pulled up a Pal Mickey that was going for a song. Apparently, the owner was anxious to sell. As I scrolled down the page.....it described the Pal Mickey as a moderately used 2005 model......dressed in a santa suit.....who was driving this poor guy’s red-headed wife crazy. It also indicated that shipping would cost a little extra…..because this particular Pal Mickey had an unreasonable fear which required a special water-proof packaging. Obviously, I bought him on the spot.

The hardest part was keeping it a secret from the rest of the family...but Christmas Eve finally arrived…..and I wrapped Pal Mickey up and stuck him under the tree.....way in the back…..after poking a couple of air holes in the paper of course...because he didn't want to spend the holidays dead. Anyway, after all the other presents had been opened....Pal Mickey made his triumphant return. If you could have seen the looks on everyone's faces....it was amazing. But...then again....Pal Mickey always did know how to make an entrance. Later...after the kids had scampered off to bed in anticipation of the arrival of jolly old Saint Nick, Tinkershell and Pal Mickey just snuggled up by the fire…..sharing a glass of wine.....while I hung up his stocking on the fireplace with the rest.

palmickey.jpg

I know what you’re thinking…..but Pal Mickey never told us what happened on that fateful day in December 2007.....he said he couldn’t remember. I guess sometimes your brain just suppresses things to help you cope.....even when your brain is computer-ish…. and runs on batteries. I didn’t push it.......I was just thankful to have him back. Besides that.....we had a new trip to plan......Pal Mickey and I.....and time was a wastin'.

So glad that Pal Mickey has returned.

Thank you for an awesome trip report and I hope that you will do another one after your next trip. While my life has been going through a lot of downers lately your report has lifted my spirits and made me laugh out loud. It is a wonderful gift to be able express yourself in written word and I am very envious of that talent.

BRAVO BRAVO...I am so happy to see that Pal Mickey made his way back home. Great trip report, now we just have to wait for your dec wdw trip for the next trip report. One question? did u ever see Divine???

Yippee! Mickey's back!

I guess what happened to him will have to remain a mystery for all of time. We can only speculate what might have happened to him. (My guess is some sort of amnesia similar to Kermit in The Muppets take Manhattan. Maybe someday it will all come flooding back to him and we will get to hear his heroic tale.)

Not a bad theory...I must say. If he ever remembers, I'll let you know

I'm so glad Pal Mickey found his way back home! Yea! :goodvibes

I'm also excited that you have another trip to plan...looking forward to another wonderful TR from you.

We have a quick weekend trip coming up in October -- booked as a spur of the moment kind of thing (yeah, two months ahead of time is about as spur of the moment as I get!) and we'll only be there two months...not much to plan for an OCD planner like me...but hey, at least it's WDW!

Yup....I've got my trip planning wing man back again. Hope you have a blast on your weekend trip....even if you don't have time for 18 months of preparation.

Thanks. I appreciate it. For the next 47 minutes I have left hear at work I will wonder what exactly he did and where he was. Little rascal! It makes me sad that I was too much of a cheapskate to buy a Pal Mickey from the Pal Mickey black market they call Ebay. Oh well. As I sit hear aimlessly watching the clock I'm thinking of making a Flat Mickey to enjoy our time with. The nice thing about him is that he can't talk back.

I'm going to reply even though you're long gone for your WDW trip. You can read this when you get back.....so I hope you had a good trip.....and decided to take along a Flat Mute Mickey with ya.

Such a Disney ending to the Pal Mickey story...I laughed, I cried, I cursed the unfairness of it all....yet in the end everything turns out okay (as it should) and you all live happily ever after (unless Tinkershell does not see Wishes this time)....We will be in Disney in December this year right after you...I look forward to all of the stories and gossip around the Magic Kingdom when I get there about "the family that was here last week clutching their Pal Mickey"!!

How could a story starring Pal Mickey not have a happy ending? Hopefully, there will be no scandalous stories about the Panic Attacks when you get there.

So glad that Pal Mickey has returned.

Thank you for an awesome trip report and I hope that you will do another one after your next trip. While my life has been going through a lot of downers lately your report has lifted my spirits and made me laugh out loud. It is a wonderful gift to be able express yourself in written word and I am very envious of that talent.

Thanks so much......and I hope things start looking up for you quickly.

BRAVO BRAVO...I am so happy to see that Pal Mickey made his way back home. Great trip report, now we just have to wait for your dec wdw trip for the next trip report. One question? did u ever see Divine???

Thank you....all of a sudden I feel like taking a bow. Let me tell you....I had better see that leafy lady this time......or else.

:worship:
BRAVO!!!! It was a joy to read your trip report. You had me at Don McLean. I'm such a sucker for a surprise happy ending (who on a place like DISboards isn't?!) and you didn't disappoint. Thank you for taking the time to entertain us so well! Enjoy your 5 month break before writing your next report! ... Unless, of course, you'd like to get started on that Pre-Trip Report. You might need to...you should pretty much just admit that you need us in all of our admiring and encouraging ways, and it would be too hard on you to stop writing here completely. Give the people what they want! ;)

An outstanding wrapup to a wonderful TR! Thanks so very much PPA!

Thanks MineMail.

:worship:
BRAVO!!!! It was a joy to read your trip report. You had me at Don McLean. I'm such a sucker for a surprise happy ending (who on a place like DISboards isn't?!) and you didn't disappoint. Thank you for taking the time to entertain us so well! Enjoy your 5 month break before writing your next report! ... Unless, of course, you'd like to get started on that Pre-Trip Report. You might need to...you should pretty much just admit that you need us in all of our admiring and encouraging ways, and it would be too hard on you to stop writing here completely. Give the people what they want! ;)

You may be right.....I might be addicted to the attention.....I wonder if there is such a thing as Disboard rehab.

Ok, I admit it....I've stayed away....couldn't quite handle the thought of it all comming to an end:sad1: But, well, I just couldn't stay away forever .:confused3 And I am soooooo glad I didn't! What a great ending ... in true Disney "happily ever after" fashion:worship:

I hope you decide to do a PTR and a TR for your next vacation. Like any great story you want to know that things go well; even after the Epilogue!

Will the tempermental itinerary be succeeded by one of even more tyranical attitude? Will the mysterious DeVine continue to elude the ever seeking Peter Panic Attack....how many more bird encounters can one girl take?

These are all things that will bring us back for a Panic Attack sequel:thumbsup2

Ok, I admit it....I've stayed away....couldn't quite handle the thought of it all comming to an end:sad1: But, well, I just couldn't stay away forever .:confused3 And I am soooooo glad I didn't! What a great ending ... in true Disney "happily ever after" fashion:worship:

I hope you decide to do a PTR and a TR for your next vacation. Like any great story you want to know that things go well; even after the Epilogue!

Will the tempermental itinerary be succeeded by one of even more tyranical attitude? Will the mysterious DeVine continue to elude the ever seeking Peter Panic Attack....how many more bird encounters can one girl take?

These are all things that will bring us back for a Panic Attack sequel:thumbsup2

I had no idea there was so much suspense in my life. I'm getting nervous just thinking about it.

Congrats on completing this awesome TR!

Better keep Pal Mickey on a leash in Dec. I'm thinking there's a gang of PM swiping bandits roaming the World to snatch up any wandering PMs and sell them on eBay.

AWww- How awesome that this trip report ended with such Disney magic! Even though you gave hints here and there, I would have never guessed that you would have been reunited with Pal Mickey in the end. But then, I was also one of those who didn't realize Bruce Willis was dead in the Sixth Sense either. Anyway, it was a pleasure reading your TR. Thank you for sharing your family and your gift of writing with us here on the DIS. Oh, and thank you for ending this TR too -- I'm sure you realized that there would have been mass rioting if you hadn't -- but still, thank for not leaving us hanging. :)
I'm looking forward to hearing of your next trip -- only 3.5 more months!

Congrats on completing this awesome TR!

Better keep Pal Mickey on a leash in Dec. I'm thinking there's a gang of PM swiping bandits roaming the World to snatch up any wandering PMs and sell them on eBay.

Thanks. We haven't worked out all of the details for Pal Mickey's security measures on our next trip......but it will involve roof-top surveillance......and possibly a body double.

AWww- How awesome that this trip report ended with such Disney magic! Even though you gave hints here and there, I would have never guessed that you would have been reunited with Pal Mickey in the end. But then, I was also one of those who didn't realize Bruce Willis was dead in the Sixth Sense either. Anyway, it was a pleasure reading your TR. Thank you for sharing your family and your gift of writing with us here on the DIS. Oh, and thank you for ending this TR too -- I'm sure you realized that there would have been mass rioting if you hadn't -- but still, thank for not leaving us hanging. :)
I'm looking forward to hearing of your next trip -- only 3.5 more months!

Thanks a lot.....but I think you are mistaken about Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense.....I saw him in the restaurant arguing with his wife with my own two eyes.

Time sure flies when you're having fun.....just a couple more weeks and we will make our adr's. After that....it'll be smooth sailing.

I am so glad to read that you got him back. When are the days you guys are going for Christmas? We are going Dec 17-27. I have heard I am crazy for going at Christmas but I want to see all the decorations. I have really enjoyed reading this TR. Hope to see a PTR for your next trip.

I bet you did get an earful.....it must have been awful to be left home alone. Maybe your Pal Mickey can ask Macaulay Culkin for some advice on the best way to recover.
Now think about this PPA. Do you really want that kind of role model for poor Pal Mickey after all he's already been through?

Way to go! :cool1::sad1::cool1::sad1::cool1::sad1::cool1:
What a fabulous Disney ending! BTW, the little blue smiley is crying tears of joy (I couldn't find any other crying smileys, :laughing:)

I am so glad to read that you got him back. When are the days you guys are going for Christmas? We are going Dec 17-27. I have heard I am crazy for going at Christmas but I want to see all the decorations. I have really enjoyed reading this TR. Hope to see a PTR for your next trip.

Thanks. We arrive November 29th and are staying for eight days. I have heard that Christmas week is busy.....but I guess the good news is that get to spend Christmas at WDW....which should be pretty cool.

The jury is still out on a PTR.....never done one before.

Now think about this PPA. Do you really want that kind of role model for poor Pal Mickey after all he's already been through?

Way to go! :cool1::sad1::cool1::sad1::cool1::sad1::cool1:
What a fabulous Disney ending! BTW, the little blue smiley is crying tears of joy (I couldn't find any other crying smileys, :laughing:)

Thanks....and thanks for all your comments throughout the TR. You're probably right about Macaulay....you've got to be careful with those child actors. That's why we won't let Pal Mickey pursue his acting career.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter