~The Day Before Christmas(yesterday) And NO Paycheck!~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
I am on the East coast and we get paid on Friday mornings.....well when I draged myself to work to pick it up. THEY WERE NOT IN!!! Due to the storms out in the western part of the states. we are not getting our checks maybe on Monday!!!! this really messed up some people around here!! anyone else incounter this problem?.....they could not plan ahead!!!

Sorry. :grouphug:

DH's company always pays a day early if a holiday falls on a Friday or Sat.

Monday will be here soon.

Same thing happened to DS's girlfriend. A co-worker of hers with children had to borrow money to finish her kids' Christmas.

disneyworld! said:
I am on the East coast and we get paid on Friday mornings.....well when I draged myself to work to pick it up. THEY WERE NOT IN!!! Due to the storms out in the western part of the states. we are not getting our checks maybe on Monday!!!! this really messed up some people around here!! anyone else incounter this problem?.....they could not plan ahead!!!

Speaking as a payroll person, how could they plan ahead? I guess they don't offer direct deposit for you?

That's a good point about direct deposit.

DH has direct deposit. Maybe that's why he always gets paid early. His company is pretty large and his paychecks come out of Philadelphia so we are grateful to get it early around the holidays.

For all intents and purposes, we are pretty much required to have direct deposit, though they grandfathered in some people. So much less hassle, especially around holidays when we travel a lot.

Do you work for Big Lots? I heard their checks were delayed in Ohio.

I work for a large insurance company. Most people use direct deposit (I have since 1985) but a few still get a check. Next year they are requiring direct deposit for everyone. A coworker had to go setup an account (she lives with her mother, I guess she doesn't have a checking account).

I am sorry this happened as I am sure it was an inconvenience. I know some of the folks where I work were waiting on their checks so they could finish shopping. I hope this wasn't the case for you.

I am fortunate, our company did plan ahead. We were asked to turn in our time sheets early and estimate for two days so that we could get paid on Thursday. I have direct deposit, but some do get their checks and everyone was paid Thursday.

I work for Kohl's and I did sign up for direct deposit....It did not start this week, problay next week. as far as planning ahead. with the holiday up and coming and hearing of a pending snow storm, you would think they would try to get them at least a day or 2 early! I myself have done payroll for many many years, and have always made adjustments! not to mention the Checks usally come in days earlyer then what they really go out!

Our Paychecks were delayed too and weren't in on Friday. We are to get ours on Thursdays though, but as of Friday, they still weren't in. I get Direct Deposit but my employees don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter