"The Dapplebeans Rejuvenation at Sea" June 20, 2009 *TORTOLA/TONS OF PICS*

random200361.jpg

Yep, DS finally came through, and proof of the flip-flops is now recorded for posterity! :worship:

THANKS SMILENEYES & SON! The proof is finally public. The next question is he still wearing them back home???

RV---Any response?

I too am :rotfl::lmao: & :confused3 over how you fit under the sink. I'm surprised your wife didn't have to call maintenance to figure out how to remove you.

Have you secretly been doing yoga?

Pictures please!

THANKS SMILENEYES & SON! The proof is finally public. The next question is he still wearing them back home?

I can attest that RV is still wearing his flippies. The issue being that he refuses to drive with them on, which means that I have to drive all the time!! Guess that is not a big problem.....:eek:

:rotfl: I'm sorry to say this but this makes me laugh....that's a tight fit in those bathrooms. And to lay down on the floor under the sink......I'm you surprised even got out of there without any injuries! :rotfl:

What a man....you fixed it!!! It had to been the workout you had earlier in the day that helped you through this tough assignment! ;)

I can attest that RV is still wearing his flippies. The issue being that he refuses to drive with them on, which means that I have to drive all the time!! Guess that is not a big problem.....:eek:

I do the same thing...it's hard to drive with flip flops on. I always take them off and drive bare foot.

Ollie's Mama--Glad to hear he's not so gutless anymore. ;)

The "Sink King" can overcome anything.

Next, he can fully overcome this flip flop fear while driving. Perhaps it's the quality of the flip flops--although they looked pretty hip. I live in Athens Croc flip flops.

RV & Dapplebeans fans-- I think we need someone to come up w/ an RV photo, w/ flip flop feet added in, & a cape. "Sink King" needs a super hero outfit. I am computer challenged. I want to learn how actually use photo bucket so I can actually start posting my TR which will pale by comparison to this one of course.

Talent anyone???

random200361.jpg

Yep, DS finally came through, and proof of the flip-flops is now recorded for posterity! :worship:

Dang, those are some good lookin' feet! OlliesMomma does have some mad pedi skillz, huh? :cool2:

We also watched the pool games, but from deck 10 (no chance of being called into the pool!).

Had I known that Adult Pool Games time was approaching I would have definitely retreated up to Deck 10 out of potential harm's way.

THANKS SMILENEYES & SON! The proof is finally public. The next question is he still wearing them back home???

RV---Any response?

See OlliesMomma's response below... ;)

I can attest that RV is still wearing his flippies. The issue being that he refuses to drive with them on, which means that I have to drive all the time!!

Hey, one thing at a time... first get the flippies, then wear the flippies for oh... I don't know.... 10 years or so to get used to them, and then learn to drive in them. I don't know what it is... I can't effectively press on the gas and when I rest my heel against the car floor the flippie starts to come off. Surely I'm not the only one in the world with this issue. :confused3

RV & Dapplebeans fans-- I think we need someone to come up w/ an RV photo, w/ flip flop feet added in, & a cape. "Sink King" needs a super hero outfit.

Talent anyone???

:lmao: Oh no! :rotfl2:

just think of the possibilities...
Sink King comic strips, books, movies...
:scared1:nighlights:scared1:

:lmao:
I really could not resist! Besides, all cool superheros have alter egos!
My profession is not marketing or advertsing if you were starting to wonder:laughing:

I waited.... figuring I'd give you a chance to get back to your life and I'd come read the trip report from top to bottom, only to find it's not finished! I'm so sad... but kinda excited too, I still have something to look forward to... I'm so glad you had a wonderful time, and I'm curious if your DW OlliesMom did get a job? :thumbsup2 - this morning before I came over to this thread I read from your previous trip with your in-laws - so sorry to hear about your family loss... I bet you are both very happy you took her parents on that cruise... looking back. Anyway, come on bud -get going - we are all awaiting your next chapter!popcorn:::surfweb:

I waited.... figuring I'd give you a chance to get back to your life and I'd come read the trip report from top to bottom, only to find it's not finished!

Uh yea, my trip reports tend to drag on a bit... between my excessive wordiness and life sucking up my free time the parts don't get written and posted as quickly as I would like. Thanks to you and all for your patience! :)

Hello RV! :wave2: Just checking in, hope all is well!

Actually, I'm just a bit under the weather lately, but I'm surviving. Between my wife and my daughter and myself I think we've all been sick off and on for about three weeks now!

Next part is coming right up... stay tuned.

:happytv:

Day 2: The Donkey on the Table

(I’ve got a short installment for y’all… I didn’t time the previous one out very well, so this one will finish up day 2)

It was formal night and I was feeling gooooooood. :goodvibes I had just fixed the sink which made me high with power and drunk on adrenaline that you can only get from reattaching a doohickey to a doodad underneath a stateroom sink on a cruise ship. It tasted good, let me tell ya. I was ready to replace a car’s engine or replace a space shuttle's fuel cell.

The stateroom was now a bustle of activity, as it always is during that hour leading up to dinner (especially on formal night). I called Guest Services back and canceled the call to maintenance then hopped in the shower. My wife and daughter were doing make-up and hair and were in all various states of dress and undress and primping and preening, and I was fiddling with my tux vest and cufflinks wondering what went where and how, as I certainly don’t dress in a tux every day.

Do I look somewhat put together? There are so many pieces for a jeans and T-shirts guy.
DSC_0584.jpg

Once completely polished, we headed up to the atrium for our nightly ritual of photos before heading to the dining room. The Captain’s Reception was in full swing when we arrived. Complimentary drinks were being served, and the lines were already quite lengthy to get photos. We hung out, stood in line, had cranberrytinis and appletinis, and just mingled with the other guests and the crew.

Dapper, huh?
DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0592.jpg

We didn't purchase any of the professional portraits from this night. We didn't care for the way they turned out. Ours are better. :cool2:

Dinner this evening was at Lumiere’s. As usual for us on the second night of a Disney cruise, we were wildly impressed and elated that Jozsef, Gabriella, and Yolande recognized us by name and Gabriella knew exactly what we wanted to drink. I love that!

Me making a mess with my bread! Good thing Gabriella was a whiz with the crumb scraper!
DSC_0599.jpg

Here’s some of what we had.
DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

Notice the crayons...
DSC_0605.jpg

When we were done eating, Gabriella asked us if we liked puzzles, and we said of course we did… who doesn’t like puzzles? So she built a “donkey” out of crayons on the table and told us that we had to make the donkey face the other direction by moving only two crayons (or maybe it was one crayon... my memory fails me). That kept us occupied for awhile. We like puzzles… I didn’t say we were puzzle geniuses or anything. :rolleyes: We finally got the donkey turned around and then said our goodbyes to the fantastic serving team for the night. My daughter headed up to the stack, and we headed back to the stateroom to peel ourselves from our formal attire. We were pooped… so very pooped. So once again, it was an early night for us.

Up Next: Earth and An Announcement

The Dapplebeans are looking smoooooooth in their formal attire! :thumbsup2:cool2:

Short but sweet!
For a moment I thought you were doing Balloon Animals without the balloons :rotfl2:

Thanks for the tidbit of TR to tide us over :goodvibes

you single handedly fixed the sink, donned a multi -layer tux, and realigned a donkey all in one night?
RV, you are THE MAN:thumbsup2
no wonder you were tired!
can't wait to hear morepopcorn::

You guys looked awesome by the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter