The Daily Grind ~ 11/16/13

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
:woohoo: It's Hump Day!!! Welcome Wednesday! I see the weekend in sight!! :woohoo:

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need!!
Hope everyone under the weather are on the road to recovery..

Today:

regular routine of getting boys off to school
scrapbook ~ goal 14 pages I got 4 done; spent a few hours talking to my DSis on the phone... should be getting that call to go to the hospital soon so we are making sure we have everything ready for my Cooper's arrival!!! I can't wait!! offically an AUNT soon!!!!!
pick up DS12
await DS16 to get home
homework
dinner

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Good morning ladies. Ready for the weekend too Nan.

Prayers and pixiedust for those in need.

Leaving for work now (running early which is odd)
Two big meetings
Collect children
sport practices
Dinner?
bed..zzzzzzz..tired

Good Morning!

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

Nan, hope you accomplish your scrap goal.
Michelle, have a great day at work.

It is snowing, they have not treated my road as of yet. Need to decide if I am going to attempt to drive to work or not. It is supposed to change over to rain later, but I seriously do not like driving in this.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning everyone

Nan have fun scrapping
Michelle - hmmm collecting kids??? want a couple of boys??
Cassey - stay safe - I try not leave the house on snow/ice days if it is possible to miss work then I would just to stay home & scrap ;)

OK work for me - should have to do inventory today ;(
I need to do cardio workout when I get home
then work on inkscaping on laptop then email those files to this one
I got 2 Ariels, scuttle, Flounder, the crab (can't remember how to spell his name)
what else do I need??? maybe some seaweed and other fishes

Morning,

I think the worst of my cold is behind me thank goodness!

Nan - sounds like you have an easy day today. I meant to tell you that we watched the ND vs. BAMA game in the River Roost bar at POR - lots of BAMA fans congregated there. I think I mentioned that DH's cousin WON two tickets to that game and hotel accomodations. Her seats were on the 40 yard line, 10 rows up from the field! DH was SOOOOOOO jealous!

Michelle and Reddy - have a good day at work :)
Cassey - be careful driving if you decide to go in - I hate driving in snow/ice, so glad I don't have to anymore!

Today
Order BCS Championship T-Shirts
Order vaca prints
Add new Disney pins to display
Write out checks for bills
Vacuum downstairs
Drop off shirt at cleaners
Drop off Goodwill
Grocery shop & lotto

Happy Wednesday!

Becky

Morning :)

Nan enjoy your scrapping
Cassie I hope th weather improves
Reddy & Michelle have a great day at work

My list:

Allergy shots
Rachel to the doctor

Vaccuum and dust upstairs
Work on assembling EPCOT swap pieces
Work on Disney trip binder
Check on SYT order
Make a menu for the next 2 weeks
Dinner??? Rachel's choice

Have a great day all :flower3:

Good Morning!

P & PD to all in need :hug: and those under the weather :hug:
stay safe in the snow Cassey!
good luck with lists today everyone!

today:
girls to Jazz choir
wrap mom's bday gift - found a cute moose lady yard sculpture
make mom's card
quick once over on house
figure out how to wrap my disney wall art for auction
figure out list for paper doll swap
scrapbook - goal 12 pages - have swap pages to use :thumbsup2
p/u megan
dinner - french dips
2 hours dance
po to mail MK page swap

have a wonderful day!

Morning everyone! Woke up to the phone ringing at 5 a.m. to tell us there was a 2 hour school delay. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep. Woke again at 7:15 to say they had cancelled for the day! :cool1: The boys are loving a good snow day! I, however, had to go to work. Looks like we will be getting 5 or 6 inches total.

Off to work
Call to check on my guys at home
Check on Camp Cadet dates & registration info for DS13 & his friend
Call to cancel DirectTV at my grandfather's house......sooo fed up with lousy service! (I will not let them talk me into staying, no matter how much they offer me). Will call to check on cable for him.
Home
No homework check tonight :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Dinner????? Maybe toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
Clean up scrap table and finish bagging pieces
Check list and pull pieces for epcot pieces that need finished
Spend some time with my guys

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Ugh, I would have loved a snow day! They didn't treat the roads AT ALL and we were expected to get the kids to school on time. Holy smokes, fishtailing all over the road in front of the school. MENTAL. I made it to my sister's house and stayed there for a while. The roads were better when I left, but everyone appeared to have had the same idea to wait, so the traffic was horrid. Anyhow, the important thing is that everyone I know and love is safe, including me :)

So, work today. Dinner is probably leftover chowder.

Becky, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Glad you got there safely Jennifer...those drives really take all the energy you had out of you..

Ok, back to the scraproom.

Ugh, I would have loved a snow day! They didn't treat the roads AT ALL and we were expected to get the kids to school on time. Holy smokes, fishtailing all over the road in front of the school. MENTAL. I made it to my sister's house and stayed there for a while. The roads were better when I left, but everyone appeared to have had the same idea to wait, so the traffic was horrid. Anyhow, the important thing is that everyone I know and love is safe, including me :)

So, work today. Dinner is probably leftover chowder.

Becky, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Glad everyone is safe and sound. There have been a few days in the years my boys have been in school where I decided the weather was too bad for them to go even though there was school in session. I wrote their absence note saying they were not there due to the weather and they have excused them every time. DS13 was in a very minor bus accident in the bad weather when he was just in kindergarten. The school waited until the last minute to send them home and by then the roads were bad. Since that time I've decided I will have the final word on them staying home if I don't agree with the school's decision. Our new superintendent seems to be a lot more cautious than the last one. Haven't had to keep them home since she started making the decisions. :)

Hello Everyone!

We have the rain and ice issues here also. I'm worried about my son driving home from school. Luckily, he has a short route on a main road but I still worry.

I'm making tacos for dinner tonight-sent DH to the store.

Scrapbooking--I want to make a big finish in my New England 2010 vacation scrapbook by the end of the weekend. I love autumn but I'm sick to death of trees and leaves. I have an encyclopedia worth of leaf pictures.:rolleyes1
I'd like to get these all done and cleaned up to start working on paper dolls.

Have a great day!:banana:

Glad everyone is safe and sound. There have been a few days in the years my boys have been in school where I decided the weather was too bad for them to go even though there was school in session. I wrote their absence note saying they were not there due to the weather and they have excused them every time. DS13 was in a very minor bus accident in the bad weather when he was just in kindergarten. The school waited until the last minute to send them home and by then the roads were bad. Since that time I've decided I will have the final word on them staying home if I don't agree with the school's decision. Our new superintendent seems to be a lot more cautious than the last one. Haven't had to keep them home since she started making the decisions. :)

I have done that in the past. If I hadn't missed work on Monday, I may have stayed home today with her, but...where I work part-time, I get paid for when I work, you know? Our superintendent is usually better about it, but this storm was supposed to stop fairly early, so I think they thought they would just wait it out. They should have at least delayed.

Hello Everyone!

We have the rain and ice issues here also. I'm worried about my son driving home from school. Luckily, he has a short route on a main road but I still worry.

I'm making tacos for dinner tonight-sent DH to the store.

Scrapbooking--I want to make a big finish in my New England 2010 vacation scrapbook by the end of the weekend. I love autumn but I'm sick to death of trees and leaves. I have an encyclopedia worth of leaf pictures.:rolleyes1
I'd like to get these all done and cleaned up to start working on paper dolls.

Have a great day!:banana:

Where did you visit in New England? I'm a New Englander :)

I have done that in the past. If I hadn't missed work on Monday, I may have stayed home today with her, but...where I work part-time, I get paid for when I work, you know? Our superintendent is usually better about it, but this storm was supposed to stop fairly early, so I think they thought they would just wait it out. They should have at least delayed.

Gotcha, Jennifer. I'm lucky I can leave the three of them home together (since my oldest turned 16 I've been ok with doing it) and my in-laws are right up the street if they need anything. I, too, work part time and only get paid when I'm there. Stinks that more employers don't understand the struggles of a working mom.

Where did you visit in New England? I'm a New Englander :)

My Mom and I take trips almost every year. In October 2010 we did a New England fall foliage guided tour. Major Stops: Quechee sp?? Gorge in VT, White Mountains in New Hampshire (gorgeous!!), Kennebunkport, Boston & Freedom Trail Lexington and Concord, Plymouth Rock, Martha's Vineyard, New Port Rhode Island. I'm in Boston right now!!;) We loved New England, it was great--except for several days of very heavy rain while we were at Martha's Vineyard...we could barely see anything-I'd like to go back some day.
I can't get over how much stuff we saw in 10 days!

I live halfway between Boston and Worcester! My brother lives on the Vineyard. Holly is in Rhode Island, Rhonda, Pam and Danica are in Medford. Cassey's on the South Shore. Small world ;)

I'm going on a job interview in Boston next Tuesday. I'm anxious. :worried:

Danielle, it's really hard to work part-time and not get benefits, but I feel like I've had the best of both worlds for 12 years. I'm starting to look for a new (full-time) job, I don't look forward to the change, but I do look forward to the extra income and benefits!

supposed to be working;) I decided to brave the snow and drive to work...should have taken the snow day as I have been straightening the office for most of the day.

Danielle and Jennifer, I hear you about only being paid when I am here, that was a factor in driving in this morning.

Afternoon all

I'm spoiled when it comes to work. If the schools are closed for weather than the senior center closes and we get paid!! But I to only work part time but while I don't get bennies I do get sick days/personal days and vaca days that are paid. Really almost a perect job. As for leaving them home Tom's self employeed for just that reason he can be home with them. now that they are 14 and 12 I don't mind so much and their great aunt is at the bottom of the driveway.

left to do today......
slack off I'm lazy and tired we have ball practice and a meeting tonight so I'm going to be a bum.

Roads her are nasty we're at 30 degrees and the snow/rain can't make up it's mind, plus we have the nasty ruts from mud season last week.

Have a great day all

All the school systems around this area were cancelled today.
Being retired now and teaching part time, I do not get paid for days off, so i understand all you ladies who are in the same boat. Who would have ever thought I would have been complaining about a snow day?
We had about 4/5 inches here in the Springfield area. Just when the ground was green again......

Afternoon ladies!

Been a crazy day.

DD's to school
Staples
Ds to dance
Po
Pick DD#3 up
Grocery store for milk and chicken, finally on sale!
Home
Lunch
Ds is napping
Need to head to my office and get things done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts