~The Daily Grind~ 10/13/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Paper Clutter
Zone of the week - Zone3 -- The Main Bathroom and The Children's Room (no kids - a room of your choice)

~The Daily Grind~ 10/13/09

It's Tuesday!! I have today off!!!!

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

DIS :surfweb:

Find a good medieval crown on eBay for Halloween

Stay on points!

Weekly Home Blessing... Didn't get blessed yesterday...

:laundy:

365 pic...

Work more on Paper Mountain

Dinner.... Fish and sompthin I guess

Have a Day Everyone!! :teeth:

I'm off too! PrincessM has a half day. I'm planning on sewing and working on Mt. Washmore. Depending on how much sewing I get done, I may work on PrincessS's scrapbook.

Dinner is going to be mushroom and turkey sausage risotto. One of my faves!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Deb & Jennifer--can I be at both of your houses for dinner?? Sounds yummy!!

I'm having that back-from-vacation thing where I'm so tired and feel overwhelmed by how much there is to get done. . .but I'm not really motivated to do any of it!! Anyone else have this problem after vacation?? And then I start thinking. . .if I don't do it now, it's about to be Thanksgiving, then Christmas, blah, blah, blah!! And then my head explodes!! Ok, one step at a time here!!

Here's my list for today--I've got lots I need to accomplish, but this is all that'll probably get done:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Empty dishwasher
4. Pack stuff to take to Mom's
5. DS up
6. DS to mom's
7. Work--to do list for there!!
8. Parent conferences 3-5

9. Pick up DS
10. Frozen meal for dinner
11. Fold laundry
12. DH--change cat litter
13. Organize pictures from 1st 2 sets

14. DH--pick up next set of WDW pics
15. Get another DVR'd show out of the way

16. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have an awesome Tuesday!!

SIOH, it is hard to get back in the swing of things after vacation. Good luck!:hug:

I'm off today too!!!

My day:
DS up and off to school
Laundry
Finish kitting up paper bag album kits
Make birthday card for my mom
Cut shapes for floss tags on Cricut
Kit up floss tag stuff
Bag candy corn to use as Bingo markers
Finish making the Goof Troop t-shirts for next week
Finish stitching piece for an exchange
Make list of what I need to take with me to Myrtle Beach
Come up with some game ideas for 45 women to play
Dinner - we'll have breakfast - pancakes & sausage/bacon
Watch DWTS
Try to stay awake waiting for DS to get home from rehearsal (opening night is on Thursday so rehearsals are late this week!!!!)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning!

SIOH- hope you can get back into getting things done.

Today:
PO- lyric and cd
school
lunch w/ child from church at school
pull paper for next 2 swaps
finish getting things organized to post SS
dinner- either It sausage or chicken
walk -6 pm

Rebecca

Today lets see there's that word falling from the sky. WOHOOOOOO Plowing money will hopefully be coming soon.

I have to go to the bank deposit and cash check
Post office (crossing fingers for refund from ins overpayment)
BJ's
Shaws
Help mom pick out new laptop.
boys from bus
home night yeah!!!!!

Eeep, it's that white stuff? We just have rain, but it's COLD out!

PrincessM is off to school, I'm going to go make some eggs for breakfast I think. Stephanie's breakfast for dinner made me hungry for eggs.

Mornin'!!!
I heard about that funny stuff falling from the sky.. YUCKO! The only advantage to that stuff is the fact that those that can plow bring in extra money for their families!!!! :)

SIOH, make your list!!! You can handle it all!!! It'll be okay!!!

Today:
morning list
school to work
post office
grocery for milk (I think it would be cheaper to invest in a cow!)
home for a quick snack
pick up kdg child
home

empty dishwasher
balance ckbks
pay bills
lunch

scrapbook 2 weeks of 365
kit more pages together for weekend
call and get PJ's driving test arranged
elem homework
DS13's homework
drive to sectionals for DD
sectionals
bring DD home if no awards; if awards have DD call me when they get back to school
home cook dinner
dinner
everyone to get laundry to basement for tomorrow

I know there is a ton more but I need to get to school to work!

SIOH - I heard you had a good vacation - glad about that! But I agree, it doesn't help getting back to real life.
DIT- Can I come over your house for dinner? Mmmm, pancakes and bacon.

Today:
Up
Breakfast
Post Office to send out Lyric Swap
Honors General Meeting - We're presenting to all the kids today. I think I'm the only one actually putting things together though... sigh. We're trying to figure out things to do, and I feel like I'm the only one who has been pitching ideas that don't have to do with underage drinking. :headache: Sometimes you just want to smack sense into people.... :teeth:
Class
Second class cancelled!!!! Wooooohoooo!
Work for more hours now.... oh well. More money!
Home, homework & dinner

Come up with some game ideas for 45 women to play

I'm running out now to the doctor's, but when I get back, I'll tell you about the super-fun and *insanely easy* to do/plan/organize games we've played at parties we've had. (Z2Hs high school and college friends think they are a scream!!!) The two or three best ones I'll tell you about work for little kids up through senior citizens and are for groups as small as 5-10 or even 50... They're also different - so perhaps few - if any - of your women have done them before...

TinkerBean's been here for many of our parties, so she can weigh in too on the "fun factor"!!!!!

Gotta go - will post again later!

I'm running out now to the doctor's, but when I get back, I'll tell you about the super-fun and *insanely easy* to do/plan/organize games we've played at parties we've had. (Z2Hs high school and college friends think they are a scream!!!) The two or three best ones I'll tell you about work for little kids up through senior citizens and are for groups as small as 5-10 or even 50... They're also different - so perhaps few - if any - of your women have done them before...

TinkerBean's been here for many of our parties, so she can weigh in too on the "fun factor"!!!!!

Gotta go - will post again later!

Thank you so much! I some how became game coordinator for this group and have been doing it for about 6 years now and I'm running out of new ideas! They are a fun group, but they don't seem to like games where they have to think or move!:lmao:

I created a Fall/Halloween bingo game for them about 8 years ago and we use candy corn for markers. They love that and they want to do that one every year. I switched it one year and made a beach themed bingo (we're at the beach each year), but I about had a riot on my hands. They like the fall one and they made me promise to bring that one back the next year. I think it's mainly because I didn't think before I put the words in the columns and they like it when I call out "I - Nuts" or "O - Bats"!:rotfl2: You'd think everyone would be used to it by now, but we all still laugh when I call them out!:rotfl:

What's all this talk about stuff falling from the sky? I certainly hope the clouds have dandruff......I'm not ready for any white stuff. I guess I should get ready, it was mentioned on the weather last night.

My list today:
check on laundry that didn't get finished yesterday
DH to take grandpa to dr appt 2 hours away

attempt to pick up around here for at least 15 minutes (most of the stuff left is DH's, and I don't have a clue what he wants done with it)
Take back the two job applications I picked up yesterday
locate the Spiderman costume DS6 wants to wear for Halloween

find something for a quick/easy dinner
pick boys up from school
two soccer games this evening, hopefully DH will get back in time from dr, because he's the coach

Steph

Mornin' All!!

Let's see...what day is it?? Tuesday right??

DD up, dressed, fed and off to the bus with MIL
Little DD up, fed
DIS

Dishes
Laundry -
Go get mail
Haircut 2:30 - stylist cancelled yesterday
Call and talk to different builder rep - this is getting old and frustrating
Maybe go to builder office
Mop floors
Dinner - hmmm - something with chicken and a crockpot
Parents Club Mtg at 6:30

Rain is falling!! They are now saying 2-5 inches. Flash flooding. Not likely here but more in the fire areas.

SIOH - I feel like that alot of days! And not just after vacation! I hope you hit your groove soon!

Nan - Good luck to your DD!!

PBF - Good luck at the Dr!!

Everyone enjoy your days off!! Have some fun today!!

I'm back - the dermatologist froze three thingies off of my face - how attractive! - and I asked my primary care doc for a referral to a neurologist since I'm sick of being loopy and forgetful and distracted and disoriented since the car crash/concussion.

The candy corn bingo game sounds SO fun! (I think if we changed these games, Z2Hs friends would revolt, too - they've really come to enjoy them!)

So - I'll tell you about the two party games I immediately thought of sharing with you and how we've done them (at Christmas parties) - ways you could easily change them for your holiday/location will be pretty obvious. I've got lots of other games we've done at other holidays, but these are kind of the top two, and the ones best for large groups. One takes about 5-10 minutes total to play and the other sort of goes on while the party/event is going on.

They don't really have names - so bear with me...

Game #1 - I suppose we call this the "Reindeer Game." It is great as an ice-breaker and/or first activity of an event as it just sort of happens while the party is going along.

We got 9 little (3" high or so) hard plastic reindeer figures (AC Moore?) and hung a tiny name tag around each one's neck with a pipe cleaner- "Dasher," "Dancer," etc. ("Rudolph" got his nose painted red with nail polish!!!) and hid them all around the party room(s) before the guests arrived. All were in plain sight - guests didn't have to pick up or move anything to see any of them - but some were more obvious than others. (If they even notice any at all, early-arriving guests just think the reindeer are part of the party decorations.) After all the guests arrived at the party, each one was handed a piece of paper listing all the reindeer names with blank space next to them (but plain paper would work, too) and a golf pencil and told to "find the reindeer" and scribble a few words about where each one was. First one to find them all calls out "I've got them all" or something like that -- to great groans from the crowd! - and then announces where each one was. This game is hilarious - and it is almost *more* fun to watch the players and the different strategies folks use to hunt down the reindeer. This would be very easy to adapt to different holidays, but our reindeer get pulled out and re-used every year!

Game #2 - I think we just call this one "The Paper Game."

When we're ready to play, each participant gets handed one sheet of 9x12" construction paper. (I just got a pack of all-green sheets from a local school/craft supply store and now have a lifetime supply!) Everyone stands in a circle facing each other - and is told to hold the paper behind their back. When the organizer says "go," the participants are told to tear the paper into a christmas tree shape - but keeping it behind their backs at all times. (Again, hilarious to watch!!!) After a few minutes, folks will finish up and the game ends when everyone is done. At that point, everyone holds their finished creations in front of them and popular vote of the players determines the winner(s). Some trees always look awful (but are funny!) and others turn out to be amazing works of art - you never know! Again, this could easily be changed to use for birthdays or any holiday and you could have a judging panel or not.

Good luck with the party - hope one or both of these work for you - or maybe other DIS folks! We've done them with both young kids and DHs co-workers and groups of many different sizes.

Wow, it's 1 already!! Why does time go so fast on a off day?

I did 2 loads...folded, not put away yet...

Changed the dinner menu...DH's request... Now steaks, baked sweet potatoes, cauliflower mash...

Dessert Punkin Smash... it's a crustless pumpkin pie. Never tried the recipe, so I'll report back if it's good or not...

OK, back to the grind...

I don't know where it goes either..but it sure doesn't seem to work to my benefit today!! :)

I did however pay the bills and find out that we eat out WAY too much..and that has to stop! That is just nuts what our eating out bill was! Unnecessary! The only advantage is that I don't have to buy much at the grocery this week....but it's money still out the window instead of drawing interest!

Time easily gets away doesn't it!

Nancy I am with you on the eating out it costs too much- I can't imagine taking your crew out to eat!

Rebecca

I kid you not.. in 2 weeks we went thru 200.00!!!!! Now, $50.00 was for DS9's birthday...so it was budgeted...but 150....plus I had already bought a good amount of groceries!!! That is just nuts... it's costing us now about $25-30 per place if we eat out w/ the 5 of us...bring in the stepsons and it runs about $50 a place! :faint:!

I'm done! Done! DONE! dONE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter