The curse of school food

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
Oh No! I ate too much fattening food at school this year! I've been home a week and finally got the courage to weigh myself....I'm a full 12 lbs heavier than I was when I returned from the WDW college program last year. :( That means not only did I gain back what I lost in FL, but I also gained back what I lost working as a waitress almost 2 years ago. *cry*

School can be really hard! You don't have much control over the food there. Don't feel bad, the WISH board is here for you! :)

I can personally recommend Atkins & Curves. Aktins doesn't cost anything to join & after 3 days of following the plan, it is so easy! Curves is a really fun workout place. I think they have student memberships (danacara?).

If you get the Atkins book, be sure to get the new one. It's a white paperback, revised dec 2001.

Of course, it doesn't matter to anyone here what you weigh, but it sure is fun to see results (& have support) when you're trying to lose weight! :)

School is horrible for that isn't it Angie?

I know I gained a few pounds during college - it's no fun.

The trick is to avoid the snacking - especially the late night ones. Everyone in my dorm used to go to the cafeteria at night and get a snack, that quickly adds up.

It also helps to use portion control - which isn't always easy with a huge buffet line of food in front of you. Try and eat a balanced diet with lots of fruits and veggies.

Also, only eat when you are hungry. Being bored or stressed in college can lead to excess eating. Drink lots of water too.

One more thing that might help is to bring healthy snacks with you to class. I know there were lots of times I would get stuck on campus longer than I had expected and then I was forced to make a stop at the food building where they offered lots of unhealthy food options. Bring pretzels, granola bars, carrots, etc. with you to tie you over until you can get to healthier food.

AVOID too many carbohydrates. They are the easiest thing to eat because they are so convenient. I used to microwave pasta and throw some spaghetti sauce on it with parmesan cheese - tasted good and seemed low fat, but eating those carbs constantly adds up to a lot of weight.

Good luck - feel free to PM me if you want. I've been exactly where you are. The good thing is is that you've realized early that you are starting to gain weight, you can try and stop it before it gets too out of hand.

Tamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter