me (40) DLRP daft
DD (7) apprentice DLRP daft
Dsis (39) 2nd trip to DLRP
Dbil (39) 2nd trip to DLRP
Dnephew (11) 2nd trip to DLRP
Dniece (8) 3rd trip to DLRP

Day 3 - Wednesday 8th October.

Sigh - last day today.
After another great nights sleep, Goofy woke me up for the last time. We were all packed, ready and checked out of the NBC by 8.10. We put our luggage into Guest Services at the entrance to the Park, and by 8.25 we were on Peter Pan. As we got off, the CM smiled and said "would you like to go again?" How could we refuse :cool1: ?

Next stop for us was our breakfast in the park at 8.45. Today, this was at the Plaza Gardens, and it really was lovely - very civilised, as you are shown to your table there. I noticed on the cashiers podium that there were vouchers from the NBC, Santa Fe, and Cheyenne, but none from the Seqouia Lodge. By 9.15 we were all raring to go again, so we went onto Buzz. Then we split up - the boys went off to do more coasters (and in fact, they would manage to do 20 coaster rides throughout today, including Indie x 14 :woohoo: , BTM x 3, and SM2 x 3), while us girlies wanted to chase characters and watch the Halloween shows.

First stop for us was the Winnie the Pooh meet n greet. We were almost first in line at this, I was sooooo excited to see Pooh in his fancy dress costume

2008_1008ebay0149.jpg

Then we went into Fantasyland, passing the Princess meet n greet stage, where some very lucky little girls and boys were meeting Snow White and Dopey

2008_1008ebay0151.jpg

We went for another ride on IASW, and when we came out, we saw Aurora almost all alone, so we had to go and keep her company

2008_1008ebay0154.jpg

Aurora was lovely, she spent ages talking to the girls. Just as we had finished speaking to Aurora, we spotted Meg coming out of the gates between Fantasyland and Adventureland, and my DD raced off to be the first to get her autograph

2008_1008ebay0152.jpg

We've never seen Meg in the parks before, and she was beautiful.

Now it was nearly 11am, so we walked down to the hub and took a seat on the benches there, to wait for the Villains show at 11.15. We had ringside spots, and this show was excellent - a real highlight of Halloween season for me. Maleficent is just magnificent in this.

2008_1008ebay0157.jpg

2008_1008ebay0160.jpg

2008_1008ebay0174.jpg

2008_1008ebay0178.jpg

2008_1008ebay0179.jpg

All the Villains came around the hub to greet the crowd after the show - I got so carried away with them all that I completely forgot to take pictures of most of them! Maleficent was sneeringly wonderful, and Gaston kissed my hand, then turned to my sister and told her not to be too jealous. They really were all brilliantly in character - I truly believed no-one could have fancied Gaston as much as he fancied himself :rotfl2: :lmao: . The girls got sweets and streamers from the Pumpkin ladies too.

The next show on our schedule was the Pinata, then Goofy and the Magic Pot, then Minnie and the Bat Boys, These were all one after the other, in Frontierland. The Pinata was okay (more sweets for the kids), the Goofy show wasn't really my cuppa tea, it didn't really hold our attention. The Minnie show was better though, with lots of songs that everyone knew.

2008_1008ebay0186.jpg

We'd seen all the shows by 1pm, so we met up with the boys again, and all went back to Fantasyland, were we found Suzy and Perla, Tigger, Goofy, and Tweedledee and Tweedledum. More antics, more autographs and pictures :goodvibes . We walked through Fantasyland, but there were a lot of people around, so we went back to POTC, and rode that twice in a row. Then the kids did Alices Labyrinth. By now it was about 2.45pm, so we stopped to fuel up at Toad Hall. I was very impressed with the food here - piping hot, a very decent portion, lovely white fish, lovely crisp batter. I will definitely go back there again.

We were into our last couple of hours in the parks now, so I took the girls to our parade spot (again :goodvibes )

2008_1008ebay0193.jpg

while the coaster fiends went for their last rides of the trip. Once again, we watched the whole parade from near the Bella Notte, then saw it all again at the end of the parade route. We had lots and lots of Princess interaction in the parade today.

2008_1008ebay0207.jpg

including the same Aurora, who recognised the girls from the morning, and came over to say how lovely it was to see them again, and had they had a good day?

2008_1008ebay0206.jpg

Ariel blew them a kiss, and Snow White stroked DD's cheek ever so softly as she passed by on the arm of her prince :love: . I also got this great picture of Cinderella in the arms of Prince Charming

2008_1008ebay0208.jpg

Now it was nearly time to go, so I dashed into a shop to buy DD a mickey-head bracelet (for us to share ;) ) then it really was time to say Bye Bye to the Magic. We collected our luggage from Guest Services, met up with the coaster fiends, and were on our way to the train station.

We had a really fun trip, with lots of surprises, and some amazing Princess interaction (and some cool Stitch interaction for Crazy Steve ;) ). I think we probably did a bit more hanging around, as there was a larger group of us this time, and we were into different things.
But all in all, another Disney success :cheer2: :cheer2:

Fabulous and I love your pictures, that one of Winnie the Pooh in his fancy dress is adorable!

Lovely photos. I really enjoyed your report, thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Great report! We were at all the same shows as you on this day if you saw a guy with a baby on his shoulders standing on a wall opposite the stage that was me!! Kacee was the other way round, he loved the Goofy show with the dancing Cowboys however he wasn't interested in the Minnie Mouse one

We saw the character who you say is meg, although I have no idea who that is, we probably were in the same area at some time!

Great report and pics......Pooh looks so cute!

The princess interaction sounds fab, and lovely Aurora remembering your girls....

Great report! We were at all the same shows as you on this day if you saw a guy with a baby on his shoulders standing on a wall opposite the stage that was me!!

We were sitting just at the back of the benches, at a table in the Cowboy Cookout outside area. You might have seen me - I got up a couple of times to shoo people out of the way while the show was on :mad: . A couple of them were just really inconsiderate - quite happy to block two dozen peoples view just so they could see themselves. Not on my watch though ;)

We saw the character who you say is meg, although I have no idea who that is, we probably were in the same area at some time!

This is how much of a Disney anorak I am :rolleyes1 - Meg is the female lead in the Hercules movie

Fab pictures Elaine - love the one of Cinderella and Prince Charming - they look sooo in love :lovestruc :thumbsup2

I also love your Pooh pic - how lovely!

Sounds like you had a fab trip :thumbsup2

It was great to read your report. A bit like two halves - the coaster freaks and the character hounds.
Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

We were sitting just at the back of the benches, at a table in the Cowboy Cookout outside area. You might have seen me - I got up a couple of times to shoo people out of the way while the show was on :mad: . A couple of them were just really inconsiderate - quite happy to block two dozen peoples view just so they could see themselves. Not on my watch though ;)

He he. A guy with his child on his shoulders came over and stood right in front of me just as the show started (his child was about 8 or 9), so I said 'Oh no you don't' and went and stood right in front of him. He moved rather quickly :rotfl: Some people are so inconsiderate

Great report... 20 coasters in one day! Impressive! I love Winnie in his costume :cloud9:

Another lovely day & great photos. It's great to see new characters out & about & I love the one of Pooh in his costume. Were many kids dressed as witches etc when you were there instead of princesses? I'm thinking of bringing my daughters' witches dresses too. Great information about where to stand for the parade to see the princesses - I'll be standing there next week! Thanks.

Another lovely day & great photos. It's great to see new characters out & about & I love the one of Pooh in his costume. Were many kids dressed as witches etc when you were there instead of princesses? I'm thinking of bringing my daughters' witches dresses too. Great information about where to stand for the parade to see the princesses - I'll be standing there next week! Thanks.

My DD took her witches costume (minus the big floppy hat - she had a little hat on a hairband instead, courtesy of Tesco) and wore it all day on Tuesday. I saw quite a few little girls dressed up as witches when we were there.

I'm surprised the coaster fiends could walk straight after 14 rides on IJ! :faint:
You got some fantastic character intervention that day, in fact all through your holiday.
Thanks for the tip about the best place to stand for the Halloween and OUAD parade - are you opposite Pizzeria Belle Notte?

Thanks for the tip about the best place to stand for the Halloween and OUAD parade - are you opposite Pizzeria Belle Notte?

Yes we are. The precise spot is about 5 paces down from the first pink bin opposite the Bella Notte ;) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter