The California Grill..

brunette8706

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

Is the California Grill really worth the money? I have been to BOMA's (loved it!, and Ohana's loved that also:love: ). I have the dining experience card and that discounts all meals 20 percent alcoholic beverages too! I did check out the California Grill menu and everything is not only ala cart but very very expensive.

Any thoughts or comments?princess:
Thank you!
Brunette

My boyfriend and I love the CG and Boma. I've always eaten at the CG on the DDP, so I didn't really look at the prices. I'd say at least give it a shot. You've got 20% off and the view up there is amazing ;)

i'd say yes! this my favorite place the fireworks are amazing the food is the best and the wine selection! oh yes the wine selection oh ya and the hangover becareful they try to pair every course to a glass of wine and then i had $50 glass of cornaic for dessert you only live once:)

We love California Grill and make it a part of every DW trip. The view and fireworks are the best and the food is wonderful. Well worth the money!!!:goodvibes

Do it just once! Yes it's pricy (we only did it on DDP), but the food is very good, nice ambiance and the view is spectacular!

Is it still worth doing when the fireworks are at 10 PM? We would have our 11 year old daughter with us.

Go for it! The CG is one of the best restaurants in WDW!!! As for the fireworks, I've never been to the CG during fireworks, but from what I hear, it's fantastic. I would go for it, makes the vacation that much more memorable. :)

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions! It looks like I will make the reservations. Can anyone recommend what to order? Their sushi really looked good! I wonder if you can just order sushi and a few cocktails???

Thanks again!
:wizard:
brunette

My DH and I are going to CG for a "date night" as the kids are going to be with the ILs....:banana: We too have never been and cannot wait because the food sounds very good and to think I can sit down and have a meal and watch Cinderella's Castle is just Heaven...:cloud9:

It's totally worth it to me and my husband. It's a tradition for us. We go every trip :)

FYI, it's Boma and 'Ohana, not Boma's and Ohana's :)

From you initial post, it sounds like to like buffets and all-you-care-to-eat dining. If so, you may not enjoy CG where everything is ala carte. We love CG and had a wonderful meal there a few months ago. But, it adds up quickly and can be very expensive. For this reason, I know that someone like my dad (who loves buffets) would not enjoy CG.

I LOVE the California Grill. Even without the fireworks. The cheese platter was the highlight of my last trip (I'm not kidding - I felt like I should be in a room by myself with it, I was moaning with delight for the wonderful cheeses. I dream about it at night.) It was more than just a restaurant - it was an experience.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions! It looks like I will make the reservations. Can anyone recommend what to order? Their sushi really looked good! I wonder if you can just order sushi and a few cocktails???

Thanks again!
:wizard:
brunette

The sushi is absolutely excellent!! Well worth the trip just for that! Not to mention the view and the wine--DH and I crave that sushi...they have one called spicy sensation that I have tried to find other places, but nothing that I have found yet tastes as good as it...and my husband had snake in the grass and loved it! Enjoy!!!:goodvibes

We always get the filet mignon and have NEVER been disappointed! Oh, we always get the triple cheese flatbread, too. Mmmmmmmmm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter