The budget board has gotten to me...I told DH to NOT buy me a car.

Lyn5

<font color=green>If the tag fairy stops by, green
I think I have always done alright with my finances and priorities...but of course there is always room for improvement. I have learned a ton from this site as well as other sites and reading and today I made a good stand. My DH saw a 2004 luxury SUV for sale near our home, excellent condition and really low miles...the make and color was what I have wanted for a very long time. He thought about surprising me with it, but being the smart man he is he called me first :goodvibes Although it was a very tempting offer, I decided to keep my 5 year old Honda van that hasn't given me much problems, has a decent gas mileage and can last me quite a few more years...and is paid for :thumbsup2 With the kids ages and places I park as well as the amount of money the SUV would cost, I couldn't justify it to myself. Then, I realized that I am very content with my van and it satisfies my needs. It was so weird...I have wanted a car like this for years, DH is ready to buy it and then I realized that I really didn't want it after all :confused3 I am already happy with my van :goodvibes

Way to go!! It does make you feel good, doesn't it? :thumbsup2

DVC Sadie said:
Way to go!! It does make you feel good, doesn't it? :thumbsup2
it really did feel good...sort of refreshing to know I truely don't need it and actually I am content without it. :sunny:

:woohoo: I've been the same way. I love my car even though it has 214k miles!!! but I drive 1k miles a WEEK!!! I love my volvo :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter